• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absinthe

You don't show up at all with a suppressor.

Yeah, I read that wrong. edited

Anyone fell like you level up too quickly? Maybe it slows down a later levels, but my first night I was level 24 after something like 28 games. And what benefit is there to prestiging?

Bizazedo

You show up on the map as a red dot every time you shoot your weapon.

For some reason I was under the impression that even suppressed, you'd show up (briefly) on the map and fade away quickly.

I guess it just makes it even more imperative to move.

Yeah they really were a great idea IMO. I can also see the pay to win aspect of them coming. "Rare Pack of 10 Burn Cards - $9.99".

I don't know who would spend $10 on something that actually disappears once you die.

If EA fully owned Respawn I could see them trying something like that.. but thankfully they are just the publisher.

It's pretty clear when they go nuclear all glowy and that sound effect.

Yeah I just like having the distance I suppose.. haven't really gotten a feel for the minimum safe distance for the nuke perk. Sometimes I'll be what feels miles away and still die from it.

Struct09

Finally finished the campaign! Man why did they even other?

A big missed opportunity IMO. I feel they could have paved the ground for multiplayer-focused campaigns, but instead we got a convoluted story wrapper on top of normal multiplayer modes. I love the game, but hope they try harder with multiplayer campaign in the sequel(s).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there a way to unlock the FOV or is 90 the max?

A big missed opportunity IMO. I feel they could have paved the ground for multiplayer-focused campaigns, but instead we got a convoluted story wrapper on top of normal multiplayer modes. I love the game, but hope they try harder with multiplayer campaign in the sequel(s).
There's nothing they really could have done though. Imagine if the only way to progress through the campaign is if you won each match? How frustrating would that have been.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I played a fair bit of domination today, was a lot of fun. The challenges remind me of Jetpac joyride, a very smart way to keep you pushing on for that next fix of a bar filling up.

Unlocked satchel charges, they're my new favourite now, both for protecting hard points and slapping onto titans while rodeoing. Although I wish there was a separate button to detonate them - I use the mod that gives you extra charges, but I want to drop one then switch to a weapon. But then I can't bring back the detonator without throwing another charge

Should I be using each of the weapons that unlock to show up new challenges btw?

ACE 1991

Haha it was weird recognizing Abbie Heppe's voice in Titanfall. She graduated from my high school and I'm acquaintances with her sister. Small world.

antitrop

Haha it was weird recognizing Abbie Heppe's voice in Titanfall. She graduated from my high school and I'm acquaintances with her sister. Small world.
Yeah, she's awesome. And she used to work on X-Play with the Sess, that's where I first knew her from. She co-hosted the podcast.

mHdKXUa.png

Unlocked satchel charges, they're my new favourite now, both for protecting hard points and slapping onto titans while rodeoing. Although I wish there was a separate button to detonate them - I use the mod that gives you extra charges, but I want to drop one then switch to a weapon. But then I can't bring back the detonator without throwing another charge

I've never used satchel charges myself but I did see a loading screen tip that said you can detonate them by double tapping X (Xbox One).

Not sure if that's a solution to your problem though since, as I said, I've never actually used them but figured I'd share that in case it helps.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd also like to pick my burn card like now, but trigger it separately. Sometimes (often...) I die before an opportunity to take advantage of it comes along

Freki

Inching towards level 50 now, just a few to go. First time I'll ever have 'prestiged' in a game like this. Titanfall is crack.

Gen5 will make you rip your hair out - "kill 50 ejecting pilots"...
I'm gen3 and have 5 of that type in total so far... (and they won't count as challenges are reset)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I played a fair bit of domination today, was a lot of fun. The challenges remind me of Jetpac joyride, a very smart way to keep you pushing on for that next fix of a bar filling up.

Should I be using each of the weapons that unlock to show up new challenges btw?

You can detonate them by tapping X a few times. Not sure what it is if you're on PC.

What I haven't messed with much is infinite satchel burn cards, since you can still throw more before detonating. I'm not sure if it replaces set ones or if you can seriously set up massive explosions.

Mesoian

Yeah, she's awesome. And she used to work on X-Play with the Sess, that's where I first knew her from. She co-hosted the podcast.

mHdKXUa.png

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I knew the name Abbie Heppe was familar, but I could never place it.

Aw man, that's great. Titanfall is great you guys!

Gen5 will make you rip your hair out - "kill 50 ejecting pilots"...
I'm gen3 and have 5 of that type in total so far... (and they won't count as challenges are reset)

How are you Gen 3 already? There aren't enough hours it the day...

antitrop

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I knew the name Abbie Heppe was familar, but I could never place it.

Aw man, that's great. Titanfall is great you guys!

She gave Metroid: Other M one of the lowest reviews at the time, and now it's one that I think most people agree with.

KJ869

QUESTION: What does everybody think about the single-shot pilot rifle? I like the accuracy of it, but it feels kind of weak. Like it takes too many shots to put a guy down relative to the automatic weapons and they're rate of fire. I could be missing a ton, but I checked my accuracy with the weapon and it's not bad, 52%.

Acoq the sniper and you have almost as good rof and lot more damage

Jarmel

Banned
played 30h since monday afternoon CET. Up until now it isn't really hard. I think Gen5->6 will be the first and probably only real cockblock.

More like getting your dick cut off. Gen 4 was obnoxious but at least it was reasonable. They need to change the requirement otherwise boosting lobbies for everyone.

ultron87

I'd also like to pick my burn card like now, but trigger it separately. Sometimes (often...) I die before an opportunity to take advantage of it comes along

I like how it forces you to take a bit of a risk when you use them. You might not even get to use that fancy Amped Anti-Titan weapon if you can't get over there. If you could trigger them conditionally you could do some pretty broken stuff like waiting on popping Prosthetic Legs till you successfully grab a flag CTF or chaining together core charges on an Ogre.

That said, wrecking stuff with the Amped Anti-Titan weapons is a blast. I especially like the sidewinder with the biggest clip ever.

I've never used satchel charges myself but I did see a loading screen tip that said you can detonate them by double tapping X (Xbox One).

Not sure if that's a solution to your problem though since, as I said, I've never actually used them but figured I'd share that in case it helps.
Yeah, on PC you double-tap E to do this. I pile them up on a hardpoint, go somewhere else, and if I see it's being taken, I quite often get a free kill.

More like getting your dick cut off. Gen 4 was obnoxious but at least it was reasonable. They need to change the requirement otherwise boosting lobbies for everyone.

Guys, if you've gotten up to Gen 5 in the first three days of this game being out, I don't think killing ejecting pilots will take that long for you.

Freki

I'm watching TheRace on twitch right now - they are trying this challenge and it seems you are correct.

Guys, if you've gotten up to Gen 5 in the first three days of this game being out, I don't think killing ejecting pilots will take that long for you.
I got 5 in 30h... let's assume I can double the rate if I'm trying... that's 150h for that challenge - i could level 1-50 10 times in 150h...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom