• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

i43CizHsnl9Mb.png

Is it me or is it getting worse???

Hip Hop

I have to say, these servers have to be pretty special as Im getting 50 ping almost every rounds.

My normal ping is anywhere around 80-130 ping in other games.

Strider

I'm still getting randomly disconnected and kicked out of my games :/ doesnt happen often enough to be too frustrating but it still sucks.

Boogdud

I have to say, these servers have to be pretty special as Im getting 50 ping almost every rounds.

My normal ping is anywhere around 80-130 ping in other games.

I have matches where my ping is in the 30s or 40s and things just seem "off". Doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it's definitely wonky. Getting 4-5 hit indicators then seeing the guy at 100% in the "killed by" window, or me meleeing a guy after shooting them and they take no damage or only a couple hits. Or shooting someone in the back, completely getting the jump on them, only to have them turn around and kill me (both of us with the same weapon). It's even more weird because the other guy will have great ping too.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This game is a lot of fun. It's crazy as hell, but it doesn't feel too crazy due to the lack of killstreaks. It's nice to not have to worry about 50 AI controlled flying death tanks and remote controlled rocket cars coming from every angle every three seconds.

It feels like a more controlled chaos similar to CoD4, which is a great.

Kyzon

Yeah, I feel like an idiot trying and failing some of the jumps. Miss it, slowly slide down, look around in shame and see if anyone saw.

Prepare for Pilotfall

So I'm not a fan of the strider really, but DAMN is it good at CTF. My dash core activated just as I got the flag on Training Grounds and I flew through enemy fire back to my side.

So satisfying.

Edit: Now in video form

Jarmel

Banned
Can someone else test this? I've rodeo'd a few people and doomed them and every time I'm shot up in the air, I don't see the enemy pilot. So am I being shot up and they didn't eject?

What exactly does the Ogre's Shield Core do? Does it increase your outer shield or your body damage? Does it prevent how quickly either of them go down?

Kyzon

Can someone else test this? I've rodeo'd a few people and doomed them and every time I'm shot up in the air, I don't see the enemy pilot. So am I being shot up and they didn't eject?

Ejects can happen at vastly different heights so your opponent may have just went way under/over you.

What exactly does the Ogre's Shield Core do? Does it increase your outer shield or your body damage? Does it prevent how quickly either of them go down?

It's basically an overshield. You get more than the normal maximum amount of shield. If your shields are drained, then it regenerates them and goes into the overshield.

E92 M3

I don't want team mixing - because if I'm playing alone and actually get in with a good bunch it's a lot better. Otherwise there will be completely no consistency and it'll be even worse.

Milennia

Sometimes they eject faster and are above you.
A ton of people, cloak instantly as well.

The one thing this game does right is make being frustrated difficult. As much as I want to talk about things I don't like (out of pure inexperience) I can't. The game is just fun. I am doing horribly (really, really horribly) against other pilots. But at least I have the AI that I can go after. I'm having a lot of Jekyll and Hyde matches with having a good match one time then having a terrible one on the next.

I just have to finish the campaigns so I can make some custom Titans (dear god I hate playing campaign so far)

For such an awesome game there just aren't enough weapons to choose from. In fact, there's not a lot of anything. Plenty of maps and all of them great, but everything else is lacking. Here's to hoping consistent updates.

I am really starting to hate Hardpoint and CTF. My teammates just never do anything objective related, especially in CTF. If I don't defend, the flag will ALWAYS get taken. But if I don't go on the offensive, everyone just runs around and kills stuff.

I want to love you CTF, but you're making it hard.

Okay, I think I have found my one real gripe with the game. It's pretty minor... I believe the Smart Pistol should give some sort of indication to the person it is locking onto. If you think about it, every single way to die in the game has some way to mitigate against it if you play smart and keep your head on straight. But the Smart Pistol can kill you regardless of strategy and tactics. It's the only truly unfair thing in the game.

Sure, it's not the best weapon and it doesn't work every time, but it's pretty much the only thing I die to that I just get angry about rather than thinking, "Okay, what could I have done differently there?" Respawn has done a great job of making the game feel fun and making you feel like you're contributing even if you're losing... this is the one tiny chink in the armor.

maneil99

Okay, I think I have found my one real gripe with the game. It's pretty minor... I believe the Smart Pistol should give some sort of indication to the person it is locking onto. If you think about it, every single way to die in the game has some way to mitigate against it if you play smart and keep your head on straight. But the Smart Pistol can kill you regardless of strategy and tactics. It's the only truly unfair thing in the game.

Sure, it's not the best weapon and it doesn't work every time, but it's pretty much the only thing I die to that I just get angry about rather than thinking, "Okay, what could I have done differently there?" Respawn has done a great job of making the game feel fun and making you feel like you're contributing even if you're losing... this is the one tiny chink in the armor.
A beep for every lock on would be good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Jump a lot. The Smart Pistol really takes a long time to lock onto a player and if you leave the area of targeting they need to start all over.

I started out with the Smart Pistol and I found it much more effective just to shoot people in the head rather than wait for lockon, unless I'm very confident that they're going to keep moving in a straight line.

Drake

Does anyone else have issues with the game freezing up on the burn card screen? Specifically when your deck is full and it tells you to discard cards after a match. This is like the 3rd time it has froze on me on that screen.

Yeah. I've had plenty of moments where I'm thinking "I'm doing really good in this match...I must be near the top" then when the match is over it turns into "Wow...I really suck" but it stays fun.

malfcn

Fuck this match. CTF with full connection and no bullet damage.
I cloak up to a guy and empty my carbine into him. He turns around and kills me.
On his kill cam I am still cloaked when he kills me. What kind of bullshit is that.

Lima

So I see some of my friends stuck at that 50 ejecting pilot kills in Gen 5. Man fuck that shit. I'm gonna boost it using the Japan West servers. Good thing you Japanese crazies don't care for this game.

Argonomic

We played with that version. It is a very different weapon, more like a DoT (damage over time). It has its own virtues but it doesn't serve the same goal of rewarding you for tracking a target without being detected.

If you expressed the effectiveness of the smart pistol on a graph, where one axis is the effectiveness of the weapon and the other is player skill, you would find that at lower player skills, the smart pistol provides a large benefit, but at higher skills, it caps out almost completely and falls behind other weapons.

The "detected" version does not provide as big an effectiveness increase, because an aware player is much harder to keep under the reticle.

Boogdud

I cloak up to a guy and empty my carbine into him. He turns around and kills me.
On his kill cam I am still cloaked when he kills me. What kind of bullshit is that.

I have stuff like this happen all the time. It's even more frustrating with the kill cam showing completely different results than what you know happened.

Had one today where I meleed a guy in the back (his and my pings were both in the 40s), then I immediately die. On the kill cam it shows me jumping like a spaz right through him, him jumping up in the air and smart pistols me. WTF?

Bsigg12

PC or Xbox One? I ran into some guys running cheats on the PC version today at my friend's place. A mix of aim bots and invulnerability sucked all the fun right out of it instantly.

Greyvvolf

I've created 2 google docs for people to share their Origin/Xbox GamerTag in:

PC/Origin: http://tinyurl.com/lkuc8hg

Xbox One: http://tinyurl.com/kw75uvv

Same as the BF4 spreadsheets, pm me for any corrections.

Edit: You have to refresh after you fill out the form to see your information show up on the spreadsheet.
Added myself. I somehow had my information put down twice. Would you be able to edit my extra one out, Dreamgazer?

Boogdud

PC or Xbox One? I ran into some guys running cheats on the PC version today at my friend's place. A mix of aim bots and invulnerability sucked all the fun right out of it instantly.

Mine was on PC. Yes, I've run into a few of those bastards too.

malfcn

Xbox One. For me at this point is typical online gaming. Someone else always has the advantage. When things run smooth it's fun. The problem isn't me getting killed. Is about feeling like I have no control over the outcome. When I witness a skilled player getting kills I will be in awe. But when some dude soaks damage and then instantly kills me I get less than happy.

Respawn said they are already working on getting the cheaters and taking care of them. It's always going to be a problem though but I'm just hoping they can keep the cheaters to a minimum.

legacyzero

Banned

I don't understand how anyone can be mad at the Smart Pistol. If it were another gun, you would probably be dead anyway, in the time it takes to lock on. Hell, even without locking on, the pistol can kill you in that time.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I don't understand how anyone can be mad at the Smart Pistol. If it were another gun, you would probably be dead anyway, in the time it takes to lock on. Hell, even without locking on, the pistol can kill you in that time.

Yeah, it's a pretty bad gun, tbh.

Timu

Loving the maps in this game.

With the exception of Training Ground and maybe Colony I think they all are great.
I like Colony, but I don't care too much for Training Ground, not to mention that's by far the worst looking map in the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom