• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairu

Is there anything more satisfying than mid-air titan punching an enemy pilot foolishly hopping towards you trying to rodeo?

I love titan punch

ibxVdR24SuJoZ0.gif

Getting to Generation 4 is going to be difficult. Rank 31 already and I only have gotten 14 titan kills with the plasma railgun.

EDIT: Also, Respawn please patch in the ability to walk through friendly teammates.

DarkFlow

Banned
The Spitfire LMG with the Slammer mod just eats titans up. I've rodeo killed a few in about 10 secs, since I don't need to reload, and it does extra dmg vs titans.

Kyne

Getting to Generation 4 is going to be difficulty. Rank 31 already and I only have gotten 14 titan kills with the plasma railgun.

EDIT: Also, Respawn please patch in the ability to walk through friendly teammates.

but how am I supposed to use crappy teammates as meatshields D: ?

ElRenoRaven

So finally after a couple days of good play I have to say I love the game but it does have some big issues.

1. It doesn't randomize the teams in regular Multiplayer. I can understand not doing this in campaign but come on. It would be nice to change the teams up between rounds. This results in almost the same damn outcome every game in a room.

2. Relating to #1 there doesn't appear to be any sort of skill matching. I've been in plenty of games where my team just gets stomped over and over again. I'm talking insanely stomped. If there is then it needs to be majorly tuned.

3. There without a doubt are some framerate issues on Xbox one. It not constant but damn there are some moments where it does drop frames and it does majorly. I do agree if not single digits we're talking teens at least.

In spite of those issues I am enjoying the hell out of the game still. I just hope these things are fixed via patch or in a sequel.

Haines

Banned
You can wreck titans bloody quick as a pilot with right weapon combo. Almost feels unfair.

Titans are def weak just standing still. Need to use there powers and be on the move.

HelloMeow

Naw, I wanted the lists to be separate (the guy who made the original didn't do that obviously), and now you did just that. I'll edit it in.

Nooo, my list!

I made the list as an example, but it caught on. Maybe it's a good idea to copy/paste all of the existing entries in the new lists.

Oublieux

Can someone prime me on the PC controls for satchel charges? Pressing F obviously unleashes one satchel charge, but if I switch to a weapon, how do I go about detonating without throwing another satchel?

Nooo, my list!

I made the list as an example, but it caught on. Maybe it's a good idea to copy/paste all of the existing entries in the new lists.
Your both in the OP now. We'll figure that out.

We're going to need a 360 list in the future also.

Can someone prime me on the PC controls for satchel charges? Pressing F obviously unleashes one satchel charge, but if I switch to a weapon, how do I go about detonating without throwing another satchel?

Double tap E

Baconmonk

Spam the 'Use' key. I forget which is default, but mine is set to 'E.'

1. It doesn't randomize the teams in regular Multiplayer. I can understand not doing this in campaign but come on. It would be nice to change the teams up between rounds. This results in almost the same damn outcome every game in a room.

2. Relating to #1 there doesn't appear to be any sort of skill matching. I've been in plenty of games where my team just gets stomped over and over again. I'm talking insanely stomped. If there is then it needs to be majorly tuned.

They said there are changes coming to matchmaking, but no specifics.

My issue with randomizing teams is splitting me up from my friends. In Battlefield 4 I had a very difficult time playing with friends because of the balancing on some servers.

Freki

I am finally frustrated with this game. Plasma railgun sucks so much. Taking a break.

Lol - I'm exactly at the same point. It's worse than 40mm in every single way - one of the worst things balancing wise I encountered (so far).
I don't know what they were thinking...

I can't be the only one getting random disconnects so often, can I? :(

The beta was way more stable.

I've been playing most of the today but noticed at night, i started to disconnect a lot. I was gonna try and finish the second campaign, but I'll have to wait.

I wish i could ride one of those flying dragon things.

So what are some of the best titan weapons for shooting ejecting pilots out of the air? The chaingun seems next to useless for that purpose. I'm lucky if I get a couple of hit markers.

Hemlock feels pointless since the basic carbine is so accurate with little recoil even on auto at ranged targets.

The style of game and how damn good the basic carbine is kinda makes the few other guns in the game feel useless.

Kolgar

Need some help. Is it possible to force the resolution below 1024x768? Can I do it through a command line, or the ini files or something?

I really want to play this game--it seems great--but my hardware isn't cutting it and I'd prefer to put off an upgrade until later this year.

Thanks in advance!

Hemlock feels pointless since the basic carbine is so accurate with little recoil even on auto at ranged targets.

The style of game and how damn good the basic carbine is kinda makes the few other guns in the game feel useless.

CAR SMG has a word for you. Best gun in the game imo.

I do agree that the 101 is great though.

A buddy and I tried Last Titan Standing tonight and got our asses handed to us. Hard. Three games in a row of 4-0.

Then we go to CTF and I go 1-8, he's 0-6 and we decided to back out again.

Attrition continues to be fun. And not just because I go 2.0+ every game.

JackEtc

I've created 2 google docs for people to share their Origin/Xbox GamerTag in:

PC/Origin: http://tinyurl.com/lkuc8hg

Xbox One: http://tinyurl.com/kw75uvv

Same as the BF4 spreadsheets, pm me for any corrections.

Edit: You have to refresh after you fill out the form to see your information show up on the spreadsheet.

Just got the game. Added my name to PC (Jaklap)! Loved the beta, can't wait to play.

Just hope it runs okay on my laptop though =|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom