• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

I was going to order from the microsoft store for the free 10$ card... But i wouldn't get the game at midnight,

Cant be having that.

The last time i ordered from them to get the 10$ gift card they had when ordering GTAV, their customer service was ass and they ACTUALLY sent me a physical card 2 week later... Not a digital code at time of purchase... But a physical card that took 2 weeks to get here lol.

titanfall-bundle-hero.jpg

I still can't believe the bundle doesn't have a limited edition controller or console. I was really hoping they did one but I guess they were trying to keep the price point to a minimum.

xkramz

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...ts-decrypted-titan-health-and-speed-revealed/

The Atlas Titan has 8000 Health, the Ogre has 10500, and the Stryder comes in at 5500.
Atlas' standing base movement speed is 280, Sprint speed 420. 1.0x sidestep speed and 0.8x backpedal speed multipliers. The Ogre's stats are 265 and 400. 0.85x sidestep speed and 0.6x backpedal speed multipliers while the Stryder boasts 300 and 435. 1.0x sidestep speed and 0.8x backpedal speed multipliers.
Atlas' melee does 1000 damage and has a pushback impulse of 850. Ogre does 1875 melee with a 510 pushback. Stryder does 1125 with 850 pushback. An Atlas needs 4.1666 seconds to recharge one of its two dash bars. The Ogre takes 4.545 seconds to recharge its one bar and the Stryder takes 3.3 seconds to recharge one of its three dash bars.

Some good technical numbers.

I still can't believe the bundle doesn't have a limited edition controller or console. I was really hoping they did one but I guess they were trying to keep the price point to a minimum.
I was super bummed it wasn't at the very least the TF edition controller. M$ must really be hurting with sales to not include that.

Milennia

titanfall-bundle-hero.jpg

The 1 month has a picture of titanfall on it.
Thats what you get instead of the controller.

Mind is blow.

Mind is blow.

Imagine how cool they could have made the kinect look! Could have done a paint scheme to make it look like the camera "eyes" of the titans... i'd have paid extra for that shit.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Pacific Rim FTW! If this was true, it would be legendary.

Not really, would just be FPS vs. bots with you having a larger model than usual.

If the monster is large and you're large then what has really changed compared to any other shooter?

Great way to make maps feel even smaller, though, i'll give you that. ;)

GaussTek

Hey guys. Does anyone who played the PC beta know if the game has normal gamepad support or if at least x360ce works with it, so I can use my generic controller? :p Thanks!

raviolico

kinda new to Titanfall....so please forgive my ignorance....but is it confirmed that we will get definitley 60fps on X360?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Hey guys. Does anyone who played the PC beta know if the game has normal gamepad support or if at least x360ce works with it, so I can use my generic controller? :p Thanks!
I played with both and felt significantly disadvantaged using the controller. Think of playing UT or Q3 with a controller. It's doable and I am sure there are some savants here on GAF who will testify about their uncanny controller shooting skills, but I do think this game shines brightest with mouse and keyboard.

Mind is blow.

That's no good, haha.

I was super bummed it wasn't at the very least the TF edition controller. M$ must really be hurting with sales to not include that.

Yeah I think a paint job on the controller/console or both would have been a nice incentive and a cool limited edition to possess.

chepu

Planning to get this on PC, is it Online Only?

And in case of getting it on pc, is there any membership required a la Xbox Live Gold?

kinda new to Titanfall....so please forgive my ignorance....but is it confirmed that we will get definitley 60fps on X360?

I think the only thing that has been confirmed about Titanfall on 360 is that the game will be on 360. Respawn isn't the one working on the port, Bluepoint Games is. Don't expect any concrete details until after it launches on XB1 and PC next week.

Milennia

Ill post what i posted in the season pass thread.

They say packs like battlefield season passes., so I'm assuming they will he expansions that include maps and weapons.
If I'm right, thats really damn cheap.

Or they used that wording to indicate that they could be anything... Maybe one map pack and 2 gun packs lol.
Battlefield 3 and 4 have never done anything like that, its always been expansions that include maps and weapons alike.

Im hoping they are the expansions.
I would love to see the games relatively small, yet varied weapon count get raised, for both pilot and titan.

Its half the price of EAs own game, battlefield 4s season pass.
Which has me curious and could very well mean I'm wrong, and that we are getting much less content than i had originally anticipated.

I hope I'm right.

That's no good, haha.

Yeah I think a paint job on the controller/console or both would have been a nice incentive and a cool limited edition to possess.

The way I see it is if someone wants the Titanfall controller they can use the $60 they saved by not having to buy the game since it's included with the bundle. Just add $5 and the controller is yours.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly would probably upgrade to the Digital Deluxe version (which would put the pass at 20 bucks instead of 25) right now if they had a complete list of what it was I'm actually buying.

BraXzy

Ok, TitanfallGAF, I never played an online shooter seriously after CS 1.6, especially not CoD, so I am going to get my ass handed over to me in Titanfall, and it's your job to skill me up.

Can anyone recommend some YouTube guides for Titanfall or shooters in general that I should watch? I played tons of singleplayer shooters, so I know how to not shoot myself in the foot, but multiplayer is a different beast entirely, of course.

To add to the already essential advice of keeping above ground, I would say that in this game, keeping on the move most of the time is the perfect combination. A lot of people just stand around in the same spot and you eventually notice and take them out. Stay on the move and keep your ears and eyes open and you become a hard target to take out.

The other thing, like with other competitive games, keep an eye on your mini-map. Think of it as a rear-view mirror in a car. Glance at that bad boy every few seconds and make sure there isn't something behind you. I see too many people die because they clearly didn't look at the mini-map and failed to notice an enemy shooting grunts round the corner because of it.

Other than that, find a weapon that suits you best, find your style of play. It doesn't matter if everyone says the Smart Pistol pwnz. If you can't make it work or you find it ineffective drop it and try a new weapon.

I'd imagine most people will wait to buy the Season Pass anyway since there are no "Day 1 extras" or such. When it's closer to the first content pack release and more info is known I'll make up my mind.

Isn't Microsoft doing a Season Pass deal where you buy season pass and you get some of the money back? I remember getting an email but I seem to have deleted it.

jediyoshi

I'd imagine most people will wait to buy the Season Pass anyway since there are no "Day 1 extras" or such. When it's closer to the first content pack release and more info is known I'll make up my mind.

w5wGGsP.png

Yeah, this is probably the most straight forward comparison graph. No need to buy it in advance.

Isn't Microsoft doing a Season Pass deal where you buy season pass and you get some of the money back? I remember getting an email but I seem to have deleted it.

Yeah...for a limited time if you buy a select season pass you get 5000 reward points. Since this has just been announced there is no way to know if they will add this to the deal or not.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Planning to get this on PC, is it Online Only?

And in case of getting it on pc, is there any membership required a la Xbox Live Gold?

you must be new to pc gaming my bro, multiplayer is free across all games aside from p2p mmo's. We don't let that shit slide, hence why games for windows live died the death it did.

Yeah...for a limited time if you buy a select season pass you get 5000 reward points. Since this has just been announced there is no way to know if they will add this to the deal or not.

Is it just one selected season pass or does it have to be of certain value? Like a minimum of $50 purchase etc.

Is it just one selected season pass or does it have to be of certain value? Like a minimum of $50 purchase etc.

"Bring your gaming experience up to speed by grabbing Season Passes for your favorite Xbox 360 and Xbox One titles,* like Call Of Duty®: Ghosts, Battlefield 4™ Premium, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™, BioShock Infinite, Forza 5, The Walking Dead: Season 2, and The Wolf Among Us. For each purchase you make, you'll track toward filling the Season Pass Rewards progress bar. Spend $50 total to secure your Reward! "

chepu

you must be new to pc gaming my bro, multiplayer is free across all games aside from p2p mmo's. We don't let that shit slide, hence why games for windows live died the death it did.

Yeah, its just im now skeptical of everything and this thing being from MS and EA..

Also I almost never play Online because of Paywalls. (at least on consoles)

I thought MS switched to cash values? What is the value of 5000 reward points exactly? This a good deal?

I didn't know they have these reward points now. I thought it is all cash on the marketplace. What's the point of switching them to reward points? Could have just let them stay as Microsoft points instead.

So, 1000 points = $1?

That's what has me confused. Points or cash MS... what is it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom