• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-P

Neo Member
Somebody (everybody) add me please. Have no friends with XB1 and hate playing solo if I can avoid it. I'm above average but nothing mind blowing. I like to communicate and coordinate though.

Gamertag: MASOCHIST 187

jediyoshi

Yeah completely blew my mind lol.
I guess not everyone can data mine properly :D
Or as well as you at least.

I think it stems from when the weapons used to be modular, so instead of a carbine and a dmr, they were just the same thing. I believe all the pistols have super similar reference names as well.

Calen

I'm RespawnedKhalen on Origin and kash999 on XBL. You will be able to recognize me in game, since I will be the one getting meleed by grunts repeatedly (this is a thing.)

Mrbob

I'll probably buy the season pass later. No point on giving EA money until then.

There will be deals along the way I'm guessing. Either from Gamefly or Green Man Gaming.

I'm hoping the season pass is the only way to get access to the extra maps. Don't want EA/Respawn to sell them as individual packs. This way matchmaking will allow for the highest possible player base without splitting it too small. Either you own the season pass or you don't.

Ferny

There will be deals along the way I'm guessing. Either from Gamefly or Green Man Gaming.

I'm hoping the season pass is the only way to get access to the extra maps. Don't want EA/Respawn to sell them as individual packs. This way matchmaking will allow for the highest possible player base without splitting it too small. Either you own the season pass or you don't.
It already states that you save $5 by buying the pack. So each pack will be $10. They will sell it individually.

antitrop

....let them come.

#teamStryderForever
Only got one Stryder card in the Beta, but best part about it was ripping someone out of their Titan and crushing them.

abyY9QL.gif

Pink mist and a memory.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Strider was awesome you just dodge run over and kept being mobile. Seems a great antipersonnel Titan not sure good it'd be in Last Titan standing since unless you were going in for smoke (which I never did), or fighting completely in the open I didn't feel the need to dodge that much, plus damage core is just that awesome and with the instant burn card which last the entire match if you don't lose. I can't see myself using it there.

antitrop

Last Titan Standing on Fracture, spawning as the Militia side was my jam. There was a perfect spot near the B Hardpoint that I always had on complete lockdown, just doing mass damage to anyone silly enough to enter that killzone.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Last Titan Standing on Fracture, spawning as the Militia side was my jam. There was a perfect spot near the B Hardpoint that I always had on complete lockdown, just doing mass damage to anyone silly enough to enter that killzone.

I pretty much just played that mode like a TPS, crouch cover and popped out, tried to get into perfect positions for locks and the second I got flanked it was get the fuck outta there go go go! Also the reflect timings and damage core online is just awesome.

It's the best when your team is dominating and you pretty much just say fuck to playing it safe and you roll out and kick ass.

BraXzy

Are you getting it on Xbox One? We must drop together sometime ;)

Hip Hop

I would totally get this, but the player count is holding me back.

If there is less than 10k players on PC, I'm not even gonna bother.
It will divide up the small community, making it harder to find games or games with good latency when you have the maps.

In any case, if I buy in, it will have to be at a lower price.

Milennia

Stryder.
Dat high risk and reward.

Got 3 in the beta, lowest round of attrition was 15-0, danced around the ogres i saw and shit on the atlas.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I would totally get this, but the player count is holding me back.

If there is less than 10k players on, I'm not even gonna bother.
It will divide up the small community, making it harder to find games or games with good latency when you have the maps.

In any case, if I buy in, it will have to be at a lower price.

Hopefully the PC community is decent. The one single upside to the lack of a PS4 SKU is that more people will be inclined to get it on pc.

Stryder.
Dat high risk and reward.

Got 3 in the beta, lowest round of attrition was 15-0, danced around the ogres i saw and shit on the atlas.

3 In beta My god your luck is insane I just got an Ogre and a strider, the Ogre isn't half as interesting (though having it at the start of the match was awesome).

Yoda

Wow... 3 hours before Titanfall releases? Why so long?

This game is either going to get a 6/10 or a 10/10.

With the amount of hype the game is getting I highly doubt it will get anything lower than a 9. Granted I think it does deserve a 9+, but there is the fact that single player focused games with a 'tacted' on multiplayer get docked points on that premise. A game retailing at the same price as a game which would normally include both might lose on that front.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't think of a more irrelevant thing than a review of a multiplayer game at launch. Outlets should wait at least a month or so.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
With the amount of hype the game is getting I highly doubt it will get anything lower than a 9. Granted I think it does deserve a 9+, but there is the fact that single player focused games with a 'tacted' on multiplayer get docked points on that premise. A game retailing at the same price as a game which would normally include both might lose on that front.

That mostly happens if the game is short I mean Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite both reviewed excellently.

Cronox

Banned
This is the one game that makes me wish I had an Xbox One, just because I know the PC version will have a higher skill ceiling. Have my preorder in anyway, but I anticipate being annoyed with various agility related things not working as well as they would on consoles. Also, 48 gigs, damn. I'm going to have to uninstall some games.

Mechazawa

This is the one game that makes me wish I had an Xbox One, just because I know the PC version will have a higher skill ceiling. Have my preorder in anyway, but I anticipate being annoyed with various agility related things not working as well as they would on consoles. Also, 48 gigs, damn. I'm going to have to uninstall some games.

Eh, even with the higher skill ceiling, there are still going to be plenty of bad/middling people playing. I had a few friends playing with gamepads and consistently hitting the top of their leaderboards.

And, I mean, this is a game with an auto-lock pistol. These type of CoD-esque shooting mechanics are more about proper positioning and map traversal anyways.

It's so easy to just move origin games from ssd to hdd back and forth for when I'm not playing Titanfall. It's as simple as ctrl x, ctrl v. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom