• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpyGuy239

Hahahhahahahahahahahha...... no.

NOPE.gif

no.jpg

had one of such matches today, except I was the 1 since I just got the game.

It's so easy to pick up. Spoiler alert:
we won =D great game of attrition, what a close match we won by 10 or so points.

Also I don not understand how leveling works. What's the difference between levels and Gens? Also do we get different unlocks for each?

HelloMeow

had one of such matches today, except I was the 1 since I just got the game.

It's so easy to pick up. Spoiler alert:
we won =D great game of attrition, what a close match we won by 10 or so points.

Also I don not understand how leveling works. What's the difference between levels and Gens? Also do we get different unlocks for each?

You can choose to regenerate when you reach level 50, which will reset your unlocks and level. So generation means how many times someone has reset their level.

Atkison04

Damn the fresh squeezed challenge for gen 7! I'm having more trouble with this than any other challenge so far :/ I was raging so hard tonight trying to get em! Only 5 left to get, but I got so frustrated I had to quit or risk slinging near by objects.

The Cowboy

Is anyone noticing the steady decline of online players?
I stopped playing soon after the double HP/CTF points nerfs (so did quite a few of my friends), it just killed the modes for me (it made the defence and attacks modes into attack and attack modes) - i bought the game for those modes and Respawn put me strait off them (the performance issues don't help either and i think they will bother to fix it).

I keep checking back here on a daily basis in the hopes of a new update fixing the modes (and the performance), but alas i don't think they will. I was so hyped in the beta and was so looking forward to the game, in fact i even stated in the beta thread that the beta sold me so much that bought the season pass - i totally regret it.

I know most will be OK with the changes and them not fixing the performance issues, I'm not though and i really wish i could get a refund as my interest in the game went down to the point of no longer playing it.

Won a hardpoint match last night that on the surface appeared to be well balanced in the lobby, but once we started playing it was pretty clear which team was better.

400 to 25.

Total walkover.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Damn the fresh squeezed challenge for gen 7! I'm having more trouble with this than any other challenge so far :/ I was raging so hard tonight trying to get em! Only 5 left to get, but I got so frustrated I had to quit or risk slinging near by objects.
If you don't like Freshly Squeezed then Disarmed in Gen 9 is going to be a complete nightmare! Stupid sluggish POS Ogre....

Just got an Xbox one with Titanfall. I've been playing the PC version, but couch gaming is easier for me. Hope to play with some of you guys. GT: Spaaaaaaaaace

Roflobear

For some reason I feel like the Atlas Titan is the easiest one to get executions with. Took me a while to do the Fresh Squeezed challenges but the Executioner one with the Atlas didn't take me all that long at all

hoyalawya

I am saving all of my titan burn cards to use in Gen 9 (I am gen 8 right now). Should help me to get MVP more often in attrition mode. Good strategy?

TrueGrime

Just got an Xbox one with Titanfall. I've been playing the PC version, but couch gaming is easier for me. Hope to play with some of you guys. GT: Spaaaaaaaaace

Will add ya when I get the chance. Always good to add Xbox peeps. GT: Majjam if you can do so before I do.

Argonomic

I keep checking back here on a daily basis in the hopes of a new update fixing the modes (and the performance), but alas i don't think they will. I was so hyped in the beta and was so looking forward to the game, in fact i even stated in the beta thread that the beta sold me so much that bought the season pass - i totally regret it.

You're checking back daily to see if we change the defense points in CP, and that's the thing stopping you from playing? Or is it more than that?

You're checking back daily to see if we change the defense points in CP, and that's the thing stopping you from playing? Or is it more than that?

Frankly, I'm getting to the point that the silence by Bluepoint on Gooser is making me want to sell the game. I'm at the point where I'm giving them a week and if we hear nothing from them by then, I'm moving on for now.

I absolutely adore the game you guys have put out here and want to give you money for the DLC. I even try to make it a point to get DLC seperate instead of a season pass for games like this to support the developer better. But the fact that you guys have had to try to address the issue for them while they refuse to even address the questions about it is infuriating. Can't help but shake the feeling that they just don't care at this point.

LTS lobbies shouldn't be 8 level 50 gen 5 players all stuck at 17/50 max.

Not sure why he'd be pissed about defense points. Seems straightforward enough to me.

I am saving all of my titan burn cards to use in Gen 9 (I am gen 8 right now). Should help me to get MVP more often in attrition mode. Good strategy?

Nah. Get the smart pistol with enhanced targeting and go run wild. Don't ignore grunts either.

I stopped playing soon after the double HP/CTF points nerfs (so did quite a few of my friends), it just killed the modes for me (it made the defence and attacks modes into attack and attack modes) - i bought the game for those modes and Respawn put me strait off them (the performance issues don't help either and i think they will bother to fix it).

Yeah, I haven't played hard point in ages now. I think the mode is dying a death because it always take a while to find a game and to find a full game is more difficult (on PC).

An objective-based mode that has been turned into an utter free-for-all.

Also, I haven't played the game since Saturday as I have taken an enforced break. It was getting on my nerves because I was in matches with decent ranked players (generation 4,5,6's etc) and they were scoring balls-all in the matches. I won't go over old ground but I can guess why their score was useless...

For some reason I feel like the Atlas Titan is the easiest one to get executions with. Took me a while to do the Fresh Squeezed challenges but the Executioner one with the Atlas didn't take me all that long at all

I've found the Stryder the easiest to get executions as I can easily dash/melee right into the other Titan from more distance due to the extra dash it has.

Kydd BlaZe

Finally got my hands on the 360 version of the game, after playing it on Xbox One since launch. While the game is functional on 360, the graphical differences are night and day. I was anxious to see why a lot of folks seem to think that the differences between the two versions are minimal. This absolutely isn't the case at all. I think a lot of folks here were just looking at screenshots and YouTube videos, neither of which convey just how superior the Xbox One version is.

Titanfall is still a ton of fun, no matter what platform you play it on, but when I hear people say that there are barely any differences between the 360 and Xbox One versions, I find it kind of hard to take them seriously.

/rant

Ertai

Matchmaking is really ruining this for me.

I start the day with a Attrition win, immediately after that the enemy team gets removed in favor of a new one.

The new team roflstomps us 300-150ish. Ok, that can happen. Some of my team members leave, the enemy team stays the same. Enemy team roflstomps us 5 more times by huge differences and i leave the game in the lobby to be reinserted into the same team. Now this enemy team doesnt get removed and replaced, it simply obilterates my team every. Single. Match.

It just feels unfair and not working as intended. I have teams getting removed after a couple of really close matches which doesnt make sense.

At this point, i simply do not enjoy the game because of this. It's very, very rare that i win a match and the matchmaking really doesnt help.

Atkison04

I think I need to take a breather after I reach Gen 8. I have been playing Titanfall daily since it came out, and these challenges have got to me I believe. Love, love, love me some titanfall, but I don't want to get burned out. I gonna get those last 5 freshly squeezed challenges, regen to 8, and then switch over to metal gear solid 5 and trials: fusion for a bit.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I wonder how they are going to handle the matchmaking when the DLC hits. Some will buy and some will not, and with the PC player base appearing to be thin already I am worried it's going to get worse. I hope that's not the case though, I've got the season pass already and am really looking forward to new maps.

Izuna

Banned
Anyone want to play for the next hour or so? I just got back into this game.

Perfect Izuna (Gen 10)

EDIT: looks like the MVP/WIN stomping is continuing. Out of the 108 games I played since Gen 10 I won 97 of them apparently.

Titanfall waited for me.

The Cowboy

Pretty much yes, but not just that.

I check back to see if anymore changes are made to improve the defence points in Hardpoint and CTF - the reason for this is simple. HP and CTF are my favourite modes (i actually bought the game for these 2 modes alone) and the recent changes to the points made the way they are played into more of a "why bother defending when attacking is so much more rewarding" setup (i do admit, at the very start it was skewed towards "why bother attacking when defending is so rewarding"). At the time of the changes almost every game i joined had no one defending, simply because the changes made it vastly more rewarding to attack over defend (and as such, that's all anyone ever did from what i could see - attack, attack, attack - no defence at all).

I also check back to see if there any updates regarding improving performance (on the PC version in particular), it by no means runs at a slide show - but some maps run dam near perfect at max settings and others drop below 30 no matter what settings i change.

I loved the game during the beta and at release i wasn't to bothered about the performance as i expected updates and drivers to improve it, but when the 1st point changes came in nerfing defence i could feel my interest sliding away - then when you buffed the attack points in another update i lost all interest in playing.

It may seem to some as a silly reason to stop playing, but i love attack and defence modes - and when they are made to be more about 1 aspect over the other instead of balancing them (to make sure people actually want to do both - not just 1), well it kinda ruins the modes for me as i don't want to be the only one defending and then getting nothing for it even if i do a great job at it.

I'm really wanting to hear some news about performance improvements on the XB1. They were talking this up in the Digital Foundry interview, but that was nearly 2 months ago.

Stat!

Just out of curiosity, looking to pick up Titanfall on 360 but wanted to know what GAF's opinion. Does it play well? Good port? Worth it?

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Really wish there was a similar mode to Kill Confirmed in this.

I would hate to see more modes from MW being copied and pasted in to Titanfall. That would be disappointing. CTF and Hardpoint are enough. Give me something new and fresh.

Just out of curiosity, looking to pick up Titanfall on 360 but wanted to know what GAF's opinion. Does it play well? Good port? Worth it?

Very fun game, runs very well. Looks like your average call of duty title. I'd grab it if I were you.

BluePoint is slow with patches and horrible with communication, but the game itself is great.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
The Mag Launcher sucks. It's range is shit, fire rate is shit, and clip size is equally shit. Thank goodness I got that challenge over with. Fuck that weapon!

My last challenge before Gen 7 is Brain Surgeon, only 22 left to go. As far as regeneration challenges go this is definitely my favorite one thus far.

Obscured

Suddenly I cannot get gooser kills. My first few games I had three and I was thinking that maybe they didn't need the need. But since then I've had between 6-8 other opportunities and the pilots just won't go down. Even a few where I'm seeing the hit markers go but no kill. I know I'll get it now that it is so simple (and I feel for you 360 guys that still have 50), but man that can be frustrating.

Anyone want to play for the next hour or so? I just got back into this game.

Perfect Izuna (Gen 10)

EDIT: looks like the MVP/WIN stomping is continuing. Out of the 108 games I played since Gen 10 I won 97 of them apparently.

Titanfall waited for me.
I just tried to add you, but can't find you for some reason. Not sure why I'm having no luck...feel free to add me. Seither2k. I play quite a lot.

Hyunkel6

It runs very smoothly. Bought it Day 1 and never had any issues performance-wise (around 48 hours in). Most fun I personally had with a multiplayer FPS since MW2. There is a severe lack of customizations and variety compared to other games of the same genre, but the gameplay and fun factor make up for it. Definitely worth it in my book.

Woo-Fu

Banned

Same reason I lost interest but I haven't bothered checking back. Figure my friends will tell me if Hardpoint gets changed to be Hardpoint again instead of just a relay race. I prefer going into a map, determining the key points to hold/defend for victory, struggling to make that happen, and then getting rewarded for it. The point changes have made it so that strategic-level thinking is penalized. It isn't about map control, maintaining a line, and concentrating your resources. It is about running a route as efficiently as possible and frankly I got bored of that back when my route was between the red armor and the quad damage.

I went back to BF4. It is a buggy mess that makes me want to throw my mouse against the wall practically every time I play it but it is worth it for the teamwork, the complexity of gameplay, the ability to find a match by yourself where teams are reasonably balanced, etc.

I think the core gameplay concepts of Titanfall are fairly solid. It is a shame it was pushed out the door without private lobbies and solo queuing, two things it desperately needs/needed? for staying power. On the bright side it will be obvious what needs to be added to make Titanfall II a juggernaut.

Kolgar

Bluepoint pulled off pure magic with this port. It's amazingly faithful visually and plays exactly the same (late patch excepted). Go get it; it's a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom