• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Stupid question about the PC version to anyone who knows.

I don't have much experience playing online on PC, so for a game like TitanFall that is Origin based:

1) how secure is it playing online? Is it same as if playing on a console in terms of security?

Should be fine

2) Is it EA/Respawn servers we'll be playing on and not custom servers?

Microsoft servers I believe. Whatever they are they are not player hosted.

3) Are there any security risks like hackings, etc. who can steal my personal info for example?

Always is with anything on the internet

4) will I run into more players who are cheating?

Probably

Thanks.

Milennia

My friend found these on a respawn artists instagram

qjNWJc8.jpg

7CCgKzM.jpg

ICqImbU.jpg

vazel

Banned
I'm happy GMG sent out the keys this early. They previously said on the forum that we were only getting the keys on release day.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Since I have upgraded my video card since beta I should be able to run this maxed out@ 3k. Aww yissss

edit: Shit i wish I was at my home PC. I remember when I was playing@ 5760x1080 I got excited when I saw that they modeled the rest of the titan around you on the extra screens lol. I should tweet Vince so they can add proper surround support though....

Riptwo

In honor of the impending release date, I'm gonna throw Metal Warriors for SNES on over the weekend and play mech vs. pilot multiplayer like I used to. Tiny people vs mechs will always be great.

Sooooo anyone else wanna chimein on ramifications of accessing the game early via exe modding? Cuz I'm super tempted.
Two Respawn employees chimed in earlier and strongly suggested against it, but I've noticed the method seems to be gaining some traction in the other parts of the internet.... so I'm still tempted.

Damn it all, I am having a spaz attack over the fact that the game's already been unlocked and I have yet to even start up the preload with my slowass internet.

Guess I'm leaving my computer on tonight. At the very least, I'll be able to find out if anyone's been banned by the time the download finishes hehe.

DrTeflon

Two Respawn employees chimed in earlier and strongly suggested against it, but I've noticed the method seems to be gaining some traction in the other parts of the internet.... so I'm still tempted.

tried it out, no one was online as expected, switched EXEs, wait until march 11th

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Is it really worth gambling an Origin account on? Worst case scenario is you lose all your games. No wait, worst case scenario is you lose all your games and they gift you Medal of Honor 2010.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Just to confirm the generations do look like the same as the ones in the OT.

gen.png

Thanks Lunaniem for testing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom