• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to confirm the generations do look like the same as the ones in the OT.

gen.png

Thanks Lunaniem for testing for me.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but what is this?

DarkFlow

Banned
Doing just fine and ready to go.
rYp5cxf.jpg

C&G drives are SSD's.

Though this game, doesn't seem to benefit at all from SSD's.

It's downloading and extracting/installing at the same time. So it takes into account how fast it's extracting/installing as well.

No wonder it says I'm downloading at 33 MB/s, I only get 7 normally lol.
RPIYLUg.png

That intro.

TsIAL7C.gif

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring for a possible mode/map that uses that old black and white look for gameplay. I know other games (sports games) have tried that and I liked it

I put that in spoiler tags just in case that might have ruined the intro for anyone waiting to see it

OverHeat

« generous god »
I will buy the origin version right this second if we have a confirmation about not getting ban for using the beta.exe

Alric

Anyone know if combat has respawning or does it have 1 death per match like Counter-Strike? I know it's very unlikely but I love the Counter-strike 1 death per match.

Mechazawa

Anyone know if combat has respawning or does it have 1 death per match like Counter-Strike? I know it's very unlikely but I love the Counter-strike 1 death per match.

Last Titan Standing is the closest thing to that.

Everything else that we know about is respawns.

Alric

Last Titan Standing is the closest thing to that.

Everything else that we know about is respawns.

Thanks, guess that'll be the gametype i'll end up playing the most. Though I do hope they come out with one where you don't start in the Titan.

I'm happy GMG sent out the keys this early. They previously said on the forum that we were only getting the keys on release day.
Only have good things to say about them really. They've always come through for me, and there are constant discounts on things.

Alright got the challenge card template complete.
12998344524_5c4dcfaabe_o.png

Still working on the text for the challenges but I got the look down at least.
Corners will be fixed later.

Voting for the weekly challenges ends tonight at midnight, PST.
You can vote here.
If you would like to suggest one, please use this form. Submissions will be used in the next voting phase.

Ocho

12998344524_5c4dcfaabe_o.png

Voting for the weekly challenges ends tonight at midnight, PST.
You can vote here.
If you would like to suggest one, please use this form. Submissions will be used in the next voting phase.

Can you explain how this works? Who will judge this?

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs

Nice job.
The game uses the Conduit ITC Pro font for most things such as the burn cards, in case you were trying to match that.

Milennia

I have managed to relatively put off south psrk until the weekend.
If i dont end up picking up the game tomorrow, which i dont think i will.. I have that to play until tuesday.

Can you explain how this works? Who will judge this?

There is going to be a thread set up within the next few days. In it we will arrange tournaments (when the function is added) as well as weekly events and parties. The Challenge Cards are here to spice things up. You don't have to follow them, they're just there to add little side objectives during the events/ the week.

Milennia

There is going to be a thread set up within the next few days. In it we will arrange tournaments (when the function is added) as well as weekly events and parties. The Challenge Cards are here to spice things up. You don't have to follow them, they're just there to add little side objectives during the events/ the week.

You can have people record the matches where they do the challenges and post them.

antitrop

People who play on Origin and are lonely because all their friends are on Steam can feel free to add me, Origin ID is antitrop.

Same here.

From what I understand about what's being said, between Vince and the official Respawn account, it seems like no one will be getting banned. But I can't seem to find a server to play on. Don't know if that's because they are shutting them down or they are just unstable as Vince talked about on Twitter.

OverHeat

« generous god »
From what I understand about what's being said, between Vince and the official Respawn account, it seems like no one will be getting banned. But I can't seem to find a server to play on. Don't know if that's because they are shutting them down or they are just unstable as Vince talked about on Twitter.

If you manage to find a server let us know

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

It has nothing to do with Respawn and everything to do with modified EXE files on Origin I would assume.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Anyone planning on playing last Titan standing a fair bit add me .

Origin ID Nemisisbreaker,

Want to gather a good Gaf group lol.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Just so everyone is clear:

1) Manage to score a copy of the game before the 11th? Cool! Try and play it - servers (or other players!) may or may not be available when you try. Be patient :)
2) Streaming is not yet allowed. Sorry.
3) Using modified .exes and mucking about in files to circumvent security measures is generally a big no-no.

Hip Hop

Stupid question about the PC version to anyone who knows.

I don't have much experience playing online on PC, so for a game like TitanFall that is Origin based:

1) how secure is it playing online? Is it same as if playing on a console in terms of security?
2) Is it EA/Respawn servers we'll be playing on and not custom servers?
3) Are there any security risks like hackings, etc. who can steal my personal info for example?
4) will I run into more players who are cheating?

Thanks.

This is what is "scaring" me the most.

Every COD from the original Infinity Ward was pretty much hacked and left as it was. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be the case again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom