• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

Just so everyone is clear:

1) Manage to score a copy of the game before the 11th? Cool! Try and play it - servers (or other players!) may or may not be available when you try. Be patient :)
2) Streaming is not yet allowed. Sorry.
3) Using modified .exes and mucking about in files to circumvent security measures is generally a big no-no.

Might want to post on twitter or something about this then because you are about to see a lot of people doing it. (was personally about ready to)

I'm on my way to pick up my xbone copy now. My plan was to stream when I got home, but is it not allowed? Has Respawn said anything?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Anyone know if there's any deals on the PC version? Convinced my buddy to pick this up :)

Only one I know of is simply keys ( east European key seller I think), they seem legit(haven't heard anything bad but I don't know if their keys will be out for preload. Maybe something on greenman gaming not sure.
No idea US wise.

This seems to be the screen most are getting now, so it looks like at least for now they have taken the servers down.
zYeb7tVl.jpg

Haines

Banned
I'm throwing my hat in the pool to add as a friend.

Longtime competitive player. Counterstrike mech assault StarCraft halo 1/2

Playing as a team and having some jokes is always best experience.

Haines GT

Scottiths

Banned
And again, most aren't sure if they are doing this to stop people from playing, or if it is just the intermittent server drop that Zampella mentioned would happen.

I am inclined to think they are getting their servers spooled up for Tuesday. I imagine a lot of work is going into things to make sure it is as smooth as possible, so they want the down time to be now, before the game is released.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I am inclined to think they are getting their servers spooled up for Tuesday. I imagine a lot of work is going into things to make sure it is as smooth as possible, so they want the down time to be now, before the game is released.

Not to mention giving the media somewhere to play the release version so they can get their reviews ready for Monday morning.

Freki

And again, most aren't sure if they are doing this to stop people from playing, or if it is just the intermittent server drop that Zampella mentioned would happen.

I hope it's just server maintenance - Respawn and EA should appreciate the lengths people are willing to go through to play their game.

I hope it's just server maintenance - Respawn and EA should appreciate the lengths people are willing to go through to play their game.

I agree. I don't think you should punish the people who legitimately paid for the game. It's not like we're stealing anything.

Bsigg12

Xbox Live Compute was down earlier so they're probably working on the server stuff. I know Jon Shiring is in Redmond working on it.

Twinduct

Hmm so EA has decided that South Africa won't be getting Titanfall.
So they removed the preorder options from origin and etc.

However I preordered like a few weeks ago (After the beta). It hasn't been charged yet (which I assume it will only do once the game is allowed for preloading on the 10th of march). So the game is in my library ... any chances I'll slip on through and get the game? Or do you think they'll just blanket delete the existing preorders?

Rayme

Any chance we could delete the languages we don't need? I'd really love it the audio in this game didn't take up 35gb of my SSD :/
I think that'd be fine, but I don't want to promise. Maybe back them up somewhere just to save yourself download-heartache if I turn out to be a dirty liar.

Is there LAN support? Anyway to make it work in a LAN environment without net access?

Online only, but we'll be adding the Private Match option sooner than later.

Do you think our Xbone account would get banned for streaming or just the Twitch account?
I might take the risk or go on Ustream.

I think they don't want anyone streaming at all no matter the service you use. My advice to people would be to resist the urge to "be a rebel" and just wait for them to give a clear go ahead.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I think that'd be fine, but I don't want to promise. Maybe back them up somewhere just to save yourself download-heartache if I turn out to be a dirty liar.

Definitely need to back them up so you can put them back in place whenever there is an update or you need to do a repair install/check files thing for some other problem.

TheOddOne

Just so everyone is clear:

1) Manage to score a copy of the game before the 11th? Cool! Try and play it - servers (or other players!) may or may not be available when you try. Be patient :)
2) Streaming is not yet allowed. Sorry.
3) Using modified .exes and mucking about in files to circumvent security measures is generally a big no-no.
Just so nobody missed this!

ibkVfR3XgjgOVm.png

Dub117

Heard something a few pages back about pre-load on x1 may be announced later? Is that still a possibility, and if so is it only digital copies? Cause damn, it takes forever to install a game.

Damn ok thanks nyteshade

The Flash

Banned
Heard something a few pages back about pre-load on x1 may be announced later? Is that still a possibility, and if so is it only digital copies? Cause damn, it takes forever to install a game.

Would any of our Respawn friends like to offer a comment? That webpage from a few days ago looked pretty real.

Twinduct

Bleh fuckit. Won't be surprised if EA pulls some region locking/ IP restriction shit once the game comes out. Not gonna waste the money with no certainty.

Guess I'll see you guys once dedicated player hosted servers show up. Nice to know that potentially any game using Azure will be off hands to South African Players.

Scottiths

Banned

Damn ok thanks nyteshade

I would also like to know when we can actually purchase this digitally from the Xbox apps store if there is no pre-load (which I believe there isn't). Will it be 10:00 on Monday? Or 12:01 Tuesday morning?

It says Titan Fall Beta though, did you download the wrong thing?
That's what the modified .exe is, modified beta files.

I'm just confused because several users here have gotten it to activate on their accounts. Does this have something to do with the Titanfall servers being down for maintenance?

HelloMeow

Yeah, they took it down. But you can watch it yourself by downloading RAD Video Tools. The intro is in "Origin Games\Titanfall\r1\media".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom