• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Why is it asking for a bad time? If people are content with what they see, let them. Game looks just fine for many of us. Beta ran beautifully and it in no way detracted from the goal that was at hand. This hyperbole needs to just die on this thread.

The game looks horrible graphically on Xbox One for a current gen title.

Again, this is objective. I like the art style as much as anyone, but the same game, with the graphical fidelity of ANY of the other major current gen titles would have me much more pumped and satisfied.

To quote myself..

Considering we were playing games that looked like this, 7 years ago.
27g4p.jpg

Games that look like this on last gen hardware.

Games that looked like this on launch day.

Yes.

I consider this.

li7C2BB.jpg

pHRAk5O.jpg

On my brand new $500.00 console, abysmal.

To the point where even though I am desperate for new Xbox One content to play on my new console, I just could not accept the graphics of the XBO version when my old PC plays it much better.

This upsets me, because I would of loved to get all caught up in Titanfall, get the XBO controller, maybe even the real nice Limited Edition and have an awesome new game to play on my XBO. With the added convenience of being able to say "Record that" for all of the awesome "Only in Titanfall moments". But instead I feel forced into buying the PC version because of the graphical gap. That is unfortunate.

Edit: Also, did we play a different beta? I played 10 hours on XBO and 15 on PC. The XBO version did NOT run beautifully.

Navy Bean

Again, this is objective. I like the art style as much as anyone, but the same game, with the graphical fidelity of ANY of the other major current gen titles would have me much more pumped and satisfied.

To quote myself..

Considering we were playing games that looked like this, 7 years ago.

Games that look like this on last gen hardware.

Games that looked like this on launch day.

To the point where even though I am desperate for new Xbox One content to play on my new console, I just could not accept the graphics of the XBO version when my old PC plays it much better.

This upsets me, because I would of loved to get all caught up in Titanfall, get the XBO controller, maybe even the real nice Limited Edition and have an awesome new game to play on my XBO. With the added convenience of being able to say "Record that" for all of the awesome "Only in Titanfall moments". But instead I feel forced into buying the PC version because of the graphical gap. That is unfortunate.

Edit: Also, did we play a different beta? I played 10 hours on XBO and 15 on PC. The XBO version did NOT run beautifully.
I don't know dude, I thought it looked good and ran great for me in the beta. I don't play on PC and can't compare but at least you have the option. For me this graphical screenshot analysis stuff is worthless in a multiplayer FPS. I also have a PS4 and although Killzone looked great it was sluggish and boring as he'll to me.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Would love to know the settings used for creating this. It's slightly bigger, higher quality though shorter, and takes half the file size.

400x225px size, 30fps, 256 colors, Sierra Lite dithering for additional compression.

shandy706

(Snip a bunch of comparisons)

Take this to a graphics thread. I'm sure the res thread suits it well. Unless you've already posted it there.

Game looks fine to me, and this is the OT...if it were the only thread, then fine, but there are plenty other options to put your hate on the graphics opinion in.

Ishan

respawn (/original infinity ward) arent really that known for their graphics are they? Its their multiplayer gameplay that defines them. Eh this game is supposed to be really fun plus I guess with their smaller team there are only so many resources to improve things. Not going xbone but may end up picking this up on pc when its cheaper (and if i like it on a ps4 later if/when a sequel drops).

Basic point being the gameplay is king in this game ... graphics could be better but given team size, skillset, xbone sdk etc eh understandable.

ChuckNyce

Added my name to the spreadsheet and I'll be home with a shiny copy of Titanfall in about an hour. If any of you folks with "early access" wanna add me it's Chucknyce83.

Blackage

Sincerely hope the server issues are entirely because people are attempting to play early copies and not something that impacts play when it goes live Monday @ midnight.

Mdk7

Glad you're liking that tee guys, as i said that was just a little anticipation for you... I'll ask for your vote when it's time, in case. ;)
Reminds me, I got to see about buying the poster of this.
it's on Society6, but do not feel obligated to do so if you're not 100% convinced.
Thanks for the appreciation though! :D

Mdk7

Very cool.
Loving your PvZ: Garden Warfare stuff as well.
I need to finish that too, but i have very little time to do things these days!
And of course Titanfall is gonna male things worse, aucking up aaaaall my time, LOL.
I can't fucking wait! :D

Navy Bean

Not sure if posted, but for XboxOne folks Vince Z. tweeted that download available on Tuesday at 12am PST/3am ET. Guess I won't be downloading until the next day...

meanspartan

9AM PST on Monday.

That's kind of awesome. It's not exactly the healthiest thing in the world, but most mornings I wake up and grab my laptop from the shelf near my bed and go online to make sure the world didn't explode overnight, and then I check the gaming regulars.

I love having coffee while watching a bajillion reviews when a big game releases.

Looks good. Btw, how are you generating these graphics? I wouldn't know where to start.

I use GIMP (open source editing program) because my Adobe CC (Photoshop etc) subscription expired and I didn't bother to renew it. It is clunky and ugly, but it works most of the time.

I use various fonts I have collected over the years for words.
Shapes and letters like the Titanfall A that are custom made I just take refer to source images and recreate what I need. In some cases I cut parts from other images. For instance the Challenge Card template was completely custom,except for the NeoGAF logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom