• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how is Bumper Jumper with the Xbox One's pad? BJ was my preferred in Halo... but i've heard not the greatest things about the One's bumpers. Anyone rock Bumper Jumper in the beta and prefer it?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So how is Bumper Jumper with the Xbox One's pad? BJ was my preferred in Halo... but i've heard not the greatest things about the One's bumpers. Anyone rock Bumper Jumper in the beta and prefer it?

its fine. no issues

13021978644_8951e7fc24_o.png

13021978554_c575726ccf_o.png

13021583035_ab4c550f0c_o.png

13021747603_ab36527d55_o.png

EDIT: Fixed it

400x225px size, 30fps, 256 colors, Sierra Lite dithering for additional compression.
Cheers. Do you export from Photoshop, or use something else?

it's on Society6, but do not feel obligated to do so if you're not 100% convinced.
Thanks for the appreciation though! :D
No worries! I think it looks baller as fuck though, and want to buy it. Just gotta see if I can grab a frame for something that size (20 x 28) first.

jacksrb

Agree that it is the way to go - just need to use the inside middle of your index fingers to hit them while keeping your finger on the triggers.

Great to have jump/dash available while still being able to change looking/aiming.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Just popping in to say that insane textures doesn't run too hot for me.

i5 3570k@ 4.5ghz
12GB RAM
ASUS DCU2 GTX 780ti 3GB

:(

HelloMeow

There is no mode like "last pilot standing", is there?

That would be awesome. Or maybe a mode where the first couple of rounds are pilots vs pilots, and the last round/rounds are titans vs titans.

Or an elimination type game mode, with a low titan build time. So it starts out with pilots and after 1-2 minutes titans start to become available. Anyhow, they could have done more with the game modes.

Just popping in to say that insane textures doesn't run too hot for me.

i5 3570k@ 4.5ghz
12GB RAM
ASUS DCU2 GTX 780ti 3GB

:(

Are you using Vsync? In the beta I was downsampling from 1440p with 2xAA and on insane and I was at 60 pretty much always. Vsync caused me a lot of problems with the mouse/ fps.

i5 3570k @4.2 GHz
16GB RAM
Stock cooler GTX 780 3GB with vram oc'd to 7 GHz

Lunzio

Just wait the couple of days. Not worth potentially having your Origin account sacked. It's technically illegal, no matter how much you say you paid for it.

What about us Europe guys? Can we safely do this trick between 11th and 13th March?

You should not do the EXE trick. However, you should be able to do the VPN trick to unlock the game early if you want, and they said they would not ban people for that. Many people did that for BF4 without consequence.

It'd be pretty unfortunate to ban the people that are most excited about playing your game (pre-ordered, pre-loaded, etc.)

Sure it would suck for them, but it's not like the people who did the trick didn't know what they were getting into. Plus, realize that the scenario people are doing (using the beta exe with the rest of the final game) was never tested by Respawn/EA, and who knows what sort of impact it's having on their backend? Maybe there were bugs fixed in the game that are now suddenly happening again because people are using the old exe?

People should feel free to be excited, and if they get the game legitimately early, they can play it without consequence. People who go mucking around with the files, even if they were provided by Respawn for the beta, is not cool. Seriously, people need to just be patient.

Just wait the couple of days. Not worth potentially having your Origin account sacked. It's technically illegal, no matter how much you say you paid for it.
So are the VPNs so many people used to preload the game, and are going to use to play it early on Monday.

Gah, just have to get through tomorrow and then it'll be Monday. The only thing helping pass the time is South Park.

I haven't been this excited for a multiplayer game in a long, long time.

So close.

I'm sitting here with nothing to do on a Saturday night and all I want to do is play this game. It's some shit. It's so tempting to trying the exe trick.

Mechazawa

I'm sitting here with nothing to do on a Saturday night and all I want to do is play this game. It's some shit. It's so tempting to trying the exe trick.

I can't even get in a damn server and i've tried multiple, multiple, multiple times.

If you're going to tempt fate with the exe, you might as well wait until it's confirmed that the servers aren't a shitshow.

xkramz

Guys I need help!

I pre ordered on best buy.com with store pickup for marchc 11th.. it's a 24hour store so it would be open after midnight on the 11th. But it says I gotta wait for an email To pick it up, I'm worried I won't get the "ready for pickup" email by midnight..

:l has anyone ever messed around with pre orders And store pick up from bestbuy?

Chobel

You should not do the EXE trick. However, you should be able to do the VPN trick to unlock the game early if you want, and they said they would not ban people for that. Many people did that for BF4 without consequence.

Thanks, I'll try it. 11th is sure better than 13th.

Can someone explain the install size for me. I thought it was actually 20GB? Am I seriously downloading 49.99GB right now? What am I missing here?

I'm guessing it needs around 50GB to extract everything, but the actual size on disk is around 20GB when installed.....?

bidguy

Banned
Guys I need help!

I pre ordered on best buy.com with store pickup for marchc 11th.. it's a 24hour store so it would be open after midnight on the 11th. But it says I gotta wait for an email To pick it up, I'm worried I won't get the "ready for pickup" email by midnight..

:l has anyone ever messed around with pre orders And store pick up from bestbuy?

cant you just walk into the store and buy it ? cant imagine it being sold out or is it only available via pre orders ?

Can someone explain the install size for me. I thought it was actually 20GB? Am I seriously downloading 49.99GB right now? What am I missing here?

I'm guessing it needs around 50GB to extract everything, but the actual size on disk is around 20GB when installed.....?
You download about 25 GB and it unpacks everything. Total install is right around 50GB.

34 GB of it is audio.

HelloMeow

It is technically against the EULA, not illegal.

Pretty much. You can't mess around with both Origin's and the game's files or Origin's authentication system. Which is what you'd expect. Using a VPN could fall under "tampering" with the protection measures, but EA has stated that they allow it elsewhere.

If you disable or otherwise tamper with the
technical protection measures, the Software may not function properly
and you will have materially breached this License.
And
you may not otherwise copy, display, seek
to disable, distribute, perform, publish, modify, create works from, or use
the Software or any component of it, except as expressly authorized by
EA.
http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/File/TITANFALL-ROW-EU-1-28-14.pdf

newsguy

Guys I need help!

I did it with all the ps4 stuff. I got everything on lainch day and they even had a much shorter line just for bb.com preorders

Wow. Just had a complete brain spasm and preordered for Origin instead of waiting to buy it off of Xbox Live on Tuesday. Microsoft's loss for not having a preload. I guess I got really excited by all the preloading and wanted to be part of the group.

Had $65 credit on Xbox Live but decided to nab the GMG deal instead and get it for the cheaper price. Guess I'll just save that credit for Forza Horizon 2 or something.

I need to edit that spreadsheet now. How do I do that?

Wow. Just had a complete brain spasm and preordered for Origin instead of waiting to buy it off of Xbox Live on Tuesday. Microsoft's loss for not having a preload. I guess I got really excited by all the preloading and wanted to be part of the group.

Had $65 credit on Xbox Live but decided to nab the GMG deal instead and get it for the cheaper price. Guess I'll just save that credit for Forza Horizon 2 or something.

I need to edit that spreadsheet now. How do I do that?

If you have a half decent PC, it will look better anyways. Watch Giantbomb's preview of the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom