• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game looks horrible graphically on Xbox One for a current gen title.

Again, this is objective. I like the art style as much as anyone, but the same game, with the graphical fidelity of ANY of the other major current gen titles would have me much more pumped and satisfied.

To quote myself..

Considering we were playing games that looked like this, 7 years ago.

Games that look like this on last gen hardware.

Games that looked like this on launch day.

Yes.

I consider this.

On my brand new $500.00 console, abysmal.

To the point where even though I am desperate for new Xbox One content to play on my new console, I just could not accept the graphics of the XBO version when my old PC plays it much better.

This upsets me, because I would of loved to get all caught up in Titanfall, get the XBO controller, maybe even the real nice Limited Edition and have an awesome new game to play on my XBO. With the added convenience of being able to say "Record that" for all of the awesome "Only in Titanfall moments". But instead I feel forced into buying the PC version because of the graphical gap. That is unfortunate.

Edit: Also, did we play a different beta? I played 10 hours on XBO and 15 on PC. The XBO version did NOT run beautifully.

Gotta agree with this. When I first played the Beta, I was shitting on the game so hard my friend got pretty annoyed at me and claimed gamers are entitled these days. Needless to say, when he played the Beta for himself he shut the fuck up and agreed that it looked worse than some last gen games. Even on high settings on PC, the game looks horrible. Crank it up to insane and it looks passable but hardly what I would expect from such a big game in 2014.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Gotta agree with this. When I first played the Beta, I was shitting on the game so hard my friend got pretty annoyed at me and claimed gamers are entitled these days. Needless to say, when he played the Beta for himself he shut the fuck up and agreed that it looked worse than some last gen games. Even on high settings on PC, the game looks horrible. Crank it up to insane and it looks passable but hardly what I would expect from such a big game in 2014.
If the beta ran a bit better than it did I would say that they absolutely did the right thing by trading graphics for performance in a fast paced, MP only game. Maybe the retail version will run better than the beta.

Navy Bean

Did you have fun? Or we're the awful graphics too much to overcome?

Horrible is a very strong word for this game. Does it stand up to some of the graphical powerhouses out there, no, but horrible is something I would reserve for wall guy level of graphical fidelity.

It looked and played just fine for me on both the bone and PC. Sure, I'd love improved graphics, but they never took away from the insane fun I was having with the game.

Horrible is a very strong word for this game. Does it stand up to some of the graphical powerhouses out there, no, but horrible is something I would reserve for wall guy level of graphical fidelity.

It looked and played just fine for me on both the bone and PC. Sure, I'd love improved graphics, but they never took away from the insane fun I was having with the game.

I loved every second of the beta on XB1 even with the "inferior" graphics. Do I wish they were better? Sure. But the way the game is now didn't make me somehow have less fun with it.

Yeah the freedom of movement and the speed of the game really grabbed me. It ran really well on my PC (GTX 660, 16 gigs ripjaw RAM and i5 3570k) After my initial hesitance the proof was in the pudding when I played the game. I hope it does well for them and releases for everyone the next go around.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I loved every second of the beta on XB1 even with the "inferior" graphics. Do I wish they were better? Sure. But the way the game is now didn't make me somehow have less fun with it.

I'd love it if they got rid of the minor tearing and frame-rate issues, though. Hope they'll continue to work on that post-release.

I'd love it if they got rid of the minor tearing and frame-rate issues, though. Hope they'll continue to work on that post-release.

I agree. There are things that I wish were better but I guess I've basically weighed the pros and cons in my mind and they don't take away from my enjoyment. I won't argue with anyone that thinks otherwise though. Everyone has their limit on what they find acceptable.

The game does not look good but that's a secondary concern to the bland gunplay. I picked up a X1 last month pretty much to jump on this train and after the beta I'm not even sure I want to buy it.

JackHerer

I'm gonna double dip on this game for sure. I just bought the PC version and it's preloading now. Will get for Xbox One on launch day as well.

I don't know which one I will end up playing more. PC has the obvious advantage of graphical fidelity but there are other things to consider...

I grew up playing consoles and feel infinitely more comfortable playing most PC games with a gamepad than I do with the Kb/m. I know the PC version has some auto-aim for gamepad users so that's nice for me, but kb/m will still have the advantage in the end I'm sure.

I did this exact same thing with BF4 on PC except I tried first to play the PC version with kb/m. It was frustrating but I tried for a while and got OK with kb/m. But then I tried out my PS4 version of it... The game felt sooooo much better playing with a controller. I couldn't go back to kb/m. I don't think I will ever be able to full adopt it, especially for high paced action games. Gamepad/controllers just feel right in my hands because of years and years of conditioning playing on consoles.

I wonder what I will end up playing more over time. PC or Xbox One versions. If a bunch of my friends end up getting XB1s and play Titan Fall a lot that also has the potential to sway me. But I am also obsessive about IQ sometimes. So I really dunno. What a quandary ;)

Man, I bet the XO version is going to get dinged bad in reviews for screen tearing. That is just unacceptable. So glad I'm playing on PC where I can prevent that.

DirtyLarry

The game does not look good but that's a secondary concern to the bland gunplay. I picked up a X1 last month pretty much to jump on this train and after the beta I'm not even sure I want to buy it.
Same exact feeling here, yet I still purchased it so I have a reason to use my One. Wish I was exaggerating however I am not. (Unless he only cares about a car simulation game) There's only so many damn times a man can ride the same damn courses on Forza 5. I hit my limit about 4 weeks ago now.
So I really did purchases Titanfall simply because I truly wanted to play something on my One. My WiiU, PS3 & PS4 were starting to get big heads.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Game ran fine on my PC in beta, but for some reason I had more fun playing on my Xbone and I'm still undecided which version I wanna get. The difference in graphics on this game isn't enough to make me pick one version over the other. I don't have many friends actually picking this up as most of them aren't really into FPSs, or are still playing BF4. Only 3 days left, what to do??? I have a feeling the community will be bigger on Xbone though :S

todd360

I thought the graphics on the beta were fine. Note that I was playing it maxed out in 1080p. They aren't amazing or anything but I didn't think it looked bad. It kinda gave me a source engine vibe as well which I liked since I was really big into half life 2 death match back in the day.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some

I wonder if we played the same game, nothing was bland to me in beta, even after close to 15 hours on the same 2 maps!

I thought the graphics on the beta were fine. Note that I was playing it maxed out in 1080p. They aren't amazing or anything but I didn't think it looked bad. It kinda gave me a source engine vibe as well which I liked since I was really big into half life 2 death match back in the day.

Yeah, I can understand saying the graphics aren't the greatest. They aren't. There's nothing particularly good about the graphics. But they're fine. Calling them things like "horrible" or "abysmal" reeks of entitlement and childishness to me.

K.Sabot

They're abysmal for next gen because the game isn't truly next-gen. I expect titanfall 2 to knock it out of the park though, hopefully with a new engine (like source 2).

I played the beta on a PC and I can't say I was impressed even then.

Colombo

I bought an Xbone for this game and only have videos to go on. I'm hoping it will recapture the COD days (I played a hell of a lot of MW, WaW, MW2 and Black Ops) for me. I had planned on getting a PS4 (and still intend to) to accompany my Wii U and the xbone wasn't even on my radar so anecdotally I'm possible proof that Titanfall will indeed sell a few Xbox Ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom