• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gossi

This may be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway. I ordered the game from that Russian website from the slick deals offer that cost like $34. They sent me the product key and I've now preloaded the game. My copy isn't going to be in Russian or anything weird like that is it? Everything should be good to go?

Yes, it's definitely going to be in Russian. Just kidding. Did it ask you for a language on install?

Anyone that's been playing with the modified .exe know if the US and Europe servers are up? Or when we use a VPN to launch the game at the time it releases in South-Korea only Asian servers will be up? I guess once we're in we can turn off the VPN and try to join US or Europe servers if they're up.
The VPN is just to do whatever unlocking of the game files is required. Once that's done, you should be able to connect to any servers and players that are online.

Bsigg12

This may be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway. I ordered the game from that Russian website from the slick deals offer that cost like $34. They sent me the product key and I've now preloaded the game. My copy isn't going to be in Russian or anything weird like that is it? Everything should be good to go?

Those 34gb of uncompressed audio have the English file set in there somewhere.

I'll buy this after the initial days of server crashes. Can't trust EA after SimCity.

Honestly, since it is Microsoft running the backend, I don't expect it to happen. If they were running this on EA servers then sure, but the game is ran entirely on the Azure platform which scales to demand. Also not everyone is connecting to the same data center, you pick which one you want or the game chooses the one with the lowest ping for you.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'll buy this after the initial days of server crashes. Can't trust EA after SimCity.

Titanfall is not being run on ea servers though, and they had a pretty good stress test of the servers during the beta, this might be wishful thinking but I'm hoping everything is smooth.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Is it safe to do so?

Can I change my region again afterwards?

I did the same with PvZ, and yes, you can change your region afterwards as you wish and keep on playing. The localization of the game will even change as well.

gossi

Titanfall is not being run on ea servers though, and they had a pretty good stress test of the servers during the beta, this might be wishful thinking but I'm hoping everything is smooth.

Well put it this way - during the beta, the servers all crashed at one point. But, beta. Should be interesting.

I am a little annoyed that there's no way it's going to win with a lot of the doubters though. Either it's going to get relatively low reviews and they'll feel validated that the hype was premature and manufactured. OR the reviews will be awesome and they'll feel validated that the hype was manufactured because the media must have been all bought out.

Doesn't really matter though. A lot of people are playing the retail now and enjoying it so I'm hyped to get my copy. But you're right. The review thread will be entertaining either way.

And we will be having a blast playing this fucking game. It's inevitable in an "exclusive" game that a lot of people will talk "shit" about it. Oh well, I may have a few laughs about it, so all's good.

The VPN is just to do whatever unlocking of the game files is required. Once that's done, you should be able to connect to any servers and players that are online.
Cheers.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Well put it this way - during the beta, the servers all crashed at one point. But, beta. Should be interesting.

You're right, they did, but it was not because they were overloaded (at least that's what they said), there was apparently a glitch in the system.

For a pretty short period of time, though. It wouldn't be the end of the world is Titanfall was unplayable for 12 hours out of its first 48. If the game is fun and enduring, people would be laughing about it in two weeks and have forgotten it in two months.

bumpkin

What you described is not singleplayer if it matches you up with other players. If yu are asking if there's a campaign, then the answer is yes. The campaign is however played with other players on your team and against other players on the opposing team. You can play the campaign twice to view the "story" from both sides of the war.
Hmm... The main reason I don't bother with games like COD or BF is that I'm not good at shooters and I don't have the time to devote to "getting good" that most of the communities in those sorts of games seem to have. Is it a safe assumption that I won't enjoy the Titanfall experience?

Bsigg12

Reading through Jon Shiring's tweets at the time of the beta, they were actually moving people into a single server to see how it would handle an excess load and ultimately break it.

gossi

For a pretty short period of time, though. It wouldn't be the end of the world is Titanfall was unplayable for 12 hours out of its first 48. If the game is fun and enduring, people would be laughing about it in two weeks and have forgotten it in two months.

Oh, I agree. although if it's offline for 12 hours (big if) it will be a 100 page NeoGAF thread of people saying the world has ended DRMDRMDRMDRM CLOUD SERVERS etc.

Hmm... The main reason I don't bother with games like COD or BF is that I'm not good at shooters and I don't have the time to devote to "getting good" that most of the communities in those sorts of games seem to have. Is it a safe assumption that I won't enjoy the Titanfall experience?
Probably not. It's like CoD or BF but without even the token singleplayer components those series have.

The game is designed so that you really don't need to get good. This is why the bots exist and how the parkour helps. Its probably the easiest pick up and play game I have ever tried.

Some rounds I didn't do well, but I still never felt bad about it because there are a lot of other ways to help your team out.

gossi

Probably.

Dabanton

I've found TF in the beta at least that people of all skill levels were having fun.

It was lot less kill and get killed again and again centric. That CoD especially fell into

JLck

In the beta thread, a lot of people said that they hate FPS in general or aren't very good but managed to find it really enjoyable.

I think it's by far more accessible. It's as much about movement as it is about shooting - the shooting is very easy, and the grunts make for easy targets.

Plus, you can spend a huge amount of time in titans if you wish to which doesn't take much skill in terms of shooting.

The Cowboy

Ohh yes, drivers installed, game pre-loaded, VPN installed and ready - 1 hour until its ON!!!!!!!.

post-19890-Cartman-pacing-come-on-come-on-wLlQ.gif

WJD

Oops, just put a deposit down on the Xbox One bundle.

Trading in a load of things so it's only really costing me about £22. Can't argue with that!

You will be waiting a few days..

'Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that Titanfall will be emailed to you 24 to 48 hours before the release date, 14/03/14.

Kindest Regards'

I jumped ship and canceled it, and then popped on the other boat to Mexico ;)

I'm gonna do the same. I just emailed them requesting a cancellation.

kudoboi

Be aware (in case you don't know), its 1 hour until the Korean release for
"us"
Koreans :D.

i'm in singapore so the release date is actually 1 hour from now. the only thing stopping me from pre ordering is the lack of HDD space and being afraid that this game might bomba

GlamFM

Banned
Yes, yes. It's fully supported. You just change your region in Xbox One Settings app. It will ask you to reboot your console. Then you're on US store. Do whatever, then change back. Source: I've done this.

I´ve done this for every game since launch, from Germany too.

I did the same with PvZ, and yes, you can change your region afterwards as you wish and keep on playing. The localization of the game will even change as well.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom