• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

catmario

Korean now available for playing Titanfall thanks to timezone.

I'm watching Titanfall live streaming through daum tv pot, Oh man this is awesome.

But sadly I didn't find any difference between campaign and classic modes, except main character's some story telling dialogues.

Polygon's video review is really good and hits all the high points of why I enjoy the game so much. I especially like the part about vulnerability. If anyone wonders why the game is getting hype or thinks it's just "CoD with mechs", this is the video to show them.

Midnight release question.

I haven't picked up a game at midnight in YEARS and never from GameStop. The GS by my apartment is doing a Titanfall midnight release and I have a few questions for Gaf.

1. Do I need a pre-order to buy the game from GS at midnight?

2. Do I have to be there right at midnight or can I come at 12:15ish after the rush of people has happened?

ElRenoRaven

Thought gametrailers review was damn good. Makes me wish there was an actual singleplayer though after what they had to say about the campaign multiplayer. Still can't freaking wait though without a doubt.

Yeah performance is fucking awful for me. I had 60 locked in the beta. Just played a different map with the settings below and I went as low as 33fps. It was almost never at 60.

Ugh.

i92MUTSr3p9l3.jpg

RS4-

The way it does the campaign is so shit. Go from mission 4-5 back to 1.

And smooth 60 for me on my 6950 for whatever reason. No stuttering or whatever.

ACE 1991

Polygon's video review is really good and hits all the high points of why I enjoy the game so much. I especially like the part about vulnerability. If anyone wonders why the game is getting hype or thinks it's just "CoD with mechs", this is the video to show them.

A lot of other reviewers are saying it is just CoD with mechs, though. Not that this is necessarily bad if that's your thing.

Zomba13

OK. So I used the VPNgate VPN program (quick to download, easy to use and setup) to allow me to download Titanfall. I tried to run a speed test and yeah, showed the ip etc as coming from South Korea. All good. I then shut down Origin and the program and uninstalled the VPN. I run Origin again and it won't let me download the game (speedtest shows me back in the UK).
I do it again, this time leaving origin running before removing the VPN. It's now downloading at the proper speed for me in the UK, showing I'm in the UK and the game is still coming down the pipes.

Would I need to run the VPN every time I start Origin this week?

Archpath1

I haven't picked up a game at midnight in YEARS and never from GameStop. The GS by my apartment is doing a Titanfall midnight release and I have a few questions for Gaf.

2. Do I have to be there right at midnight or can I come at 12:15ish after the rush of people has happened?

Usually they have extras and form a second line for finishing payments and buying without preorder, and open for at least an hour, that's here anyways.

HoodWinked

1. Is it okay to talk about the .exe thing here?

2. If yes, are there any reports of people getting banned from doing it?

no one is going to get banned for it too many people used it. EA probably doesnt want to start throwing ban hammers either since they're reputation is already so awful.

Haven't seen people talking about turrets much. Are they on every map or only some? Just in campaign or in classic as well?

turrets are only in some maps and they're usable in both.

Zomba13

The way it does the campaign is so shit. Go from mission 4-5 back to 1.

And smooth 60 for me on my 6950 for whatever reason. No stuttering or whatever.

Oh, so rather than the campaign putting you into the matches for mission 1 and then 2 and then 3 etc it just puts you into a random mission? That's kinda stupid. Unless the missions are not related at all so playing mission 5 first wouldn't affect anything.

yatesl

I've only played 2 maps, but I'm getting a 'solid' 55-60 on full settings (apart from texture quality, that's not on insane) on a i5-4670l, and a Gigabyte 770 2GB

MNC

OK. So I used the VPNgate VPN program (quick to download, easy to use and setup) to allow me to download Titanfall. I tried to run a speed test and yeah, showed the ip etc as coming from South Korea. All good. I then shut down Origin and the program and uninstalled the VPN. I run Origin again and it won't let me download the game (speedtest shows me back in the UK).
I do it again, this time leaving origin running before removing the VPN. It's now downloading at the proper speed for me in the UK, showing I'm in the UK and the game is still coming down the pipes.

Would I need to run the VPN every time I start Origin this week?

That is indeed how a VPN works

RS4-

Oh, so rather than the campaign putting you into the matches for mission 1 and then 2 and then 3 etc it just puts you into a random mission? That's kinda stupid. Unless the missions are not related at all so playing mission 5 first wouldn't affect anything.

The way it works, at least for me so far and from what I've heard: say you're on the final mission and either you don't have enough team mates or the opposing team leaves, you get kicked back to whatever mission has mates/enemies to fill the game.

I'll have to try again and see if I can select the mission(s) I haven't completed

Quirah

Guys can anyone help me? I did all of VPN things but can't start the game. When I try to start game, activation screen comes up. And I can't activate game with my Origin activation code.

Anybody know how to solve this error?

engine error: couldn't allocate any server ip port, tried 3 addresses

I had it during the beta and I have it now. It torments me.

Zomba13

That is indeed how a VPN works

I know, was saying that it was working but from what I read here made it seem that once Origin detected I was in a region the game was unlocked that it would stay that way. Like, it gets the signal and starts the download and then it's unlocked for my account so I can continue the download and/or play the game from any region.

It seems to lock the game again if I log in from a locked regions ip.

Shady859

So wait you can play the PC version now? I have it preloaded but work 12 hours tonight and tomorrow plus all weekend... Would love to play it before wednesday afternoon and Dark Souls 2 splitting time.

Shady859

Just thought of something......Tonight should be REALLLLLLY interesting at Gamestops across the states.

Massive shooter dudebros and massive Dark Souls nerds combined as one. Blood will be shed, innocents will be raped and strange hookup babies incoming. CoD midnight releases are the worst thing i've ever attended in my life. At least the 360 version releasing late will keep away mass lil punks.

RS4-

re; campaign.

You can indeed continue where you left off. Looks like there's 9 for each side. Still doesn't solve you getting kicked back if it doesn't meet player reqs.

Tamanon

Banned

You normally need a "pre-order" but you can pre-order the same day earlier in the day, and then just come by later that night. For the CoD ones, they have people come by around 9 or 10 to get a number, then line people up in groups, so don't have to come back until 12/1215. I'm not sure how big this one is going to be with really only XBOne people there for the most part so might not have that hassle.

And expect the military recruiters to be there too.

gaugebozo

Speaking as someone who usually plays with pub teams only, I'm really excited to hear that the focus is on balance. There has been enough times in COD where a team full of people with similar names all just start destroying my team, which starts rage-quitting while constant killstreaks rain down. It seems like there are trade-offs you can make for just about anything, and domination can't be constant as long as you have a full team.

On the other hand, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who play Attrition just for the kills who ignore the capture points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom