• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
But when I disconnect the VPN, I get this:

ibjnFcIARQglqf.png

So you're saying that I should disconnect the VPN while the game is running?

wrongway

Snuck in a quick game before I have to head out. Played on Lagoon, which is gorgeous. It struggled a bit on my aging machine though. On high settings + very high textures, the big open area brought me down to the mid and low 30s. Have to do some tweaking later.

For reference, I'm on an old i7 860 (@3.3ghz) and GTX 570 with today's 335.23 drivers. :x

Feltrol

Banned
Not sure why there isn't a map voting feature. Some maps I am not a fan of yet it forces us to play on them. :/

I think you just answered yourself. There may be maps that aren't as good as the others, but they still want you to play them -- not leave them for death.

Bsigg12

I keep getting 'requesting new server from Xbox compute'. Will it eventually find a game?

If you're going into campaign, it might take a while if there aren't other people trying to start on the same mission as you. If you roll over to classic most playlists have people in them.

You know for a game that is running on the 2004 Source engine it does look a hell of a lot better than most of what Valve has done with it, except for the modding community has done.

_Ph03n1x_

Can't get enough of this game. For those wondering, game plays perfectly on my 770 on insane. I also prefer playing it with a controller. It just feels like it was made to play using a controller.

Coconut

Banned
Origin: Practice02

Anyone know is some kind of horde mode is planned or is already in the game?

I've been in media blackout since announcement.

Nydius

Yeah performance is fucking awful for me. I had 60 locked in the beta. Just played a different map with the settings below and I went as low as 33fps. It was almost never at 60.

Ugh.

Glad it isn't just me.

i7-3770K and GTX 770 here and no matter what I try to configure, the damn thing struggles to stay at 60fps even at 1080p. The second campaign match - the name of the map escapes me (lots of buildings and grass and stuff) - was atrocious, dropping down into the mid-30s.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Glad it isn't just me.

i7-3770K and GTX 770 here and no matter what I try to configure, the damn thing struggles to stay at 60fps even at 1080p. The second campaign match - the name of the map escapes me (lots of buildings and grass and stuff) - was atrocious, dropping down into the mid-30s.

Colony (map you mentioned), Demeter and Rise perform badly for me. All maps suffer frame rate drops but those are ones that stood out to me.

Coconut

Banned
Can't get enough of this game. For those wondering, game plays perfectly on my 770 on insane. I also prefer playing it with a controller. It just feels like it was made to play using a controller.

I'm very curious to see if they are tracking KB/M versus controller stats. And if they are how it'll effect future PC shooter releases.

_Ph03n1x_

Glad it isn't just me.

Granted I haven't played a ton yet but I haven't noticed a significant drop in FPS and I have a 770 with an i5-4670. I'm playing on 1080p and on Insane.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Colony (map you mentioned), Demeter and Rise perform badly for me. All maps suffer frame rate drops but those are ones that stood out to me.

It almost sounds to me like maybe those maps aren't as optimized as the beta map which is understandable but odd considering the game isn't exactly the most stunning looking game.

GravyButt

I was going to go to midnight release because the thirst I have is unreal. But we have a baby dr appt tommorrow at 9am and gamestop is about a mile down the road. I can get a solid two weeks in before its baby time. Im going to make the most of it haha

Tensketch

want this game, but I'm gonna wait it out a few months. See how it fares on PC after the honeymoon period is over. If it's still good I may jump in.

For now I'm happy with BF4 (I'm one of the few lucky ones to not see any CTD bugs).

_Ph03n1x_

I'm very curious to see if they are tracking KB/M versus controller stats. And if they are how it'll effect future PC shooter releases.

For a frame of reference, I am at a 1.7 vs Pilots using a controller and during the beta I was around a 1.5 vs Pilots.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I also prefer playing it with a controller. It just feels like it was made to play using a controller.

Trust me, it definitely is not. I played the beta with the controller hoping I could comfy-couch the game. After playing about 6 hours using the controller, you can really tell that M/KB people will absolutely destroy you with their ability to scan an area and pinpoint your exact position twice as fast as you could ever hope to with the controller. I switched to KB/M and was doing exceptionally better immediately.

It really bummed me out. I really wish they had different servers for controller users on PC.

Glad it isn't just me.

Yep. I have managed to get relatively stable 60 or just shy by dropping my texture resolution from very high to high, 2XMSAA, and effects quality down to low. It has helped a good deal.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not sure how you'd do the acrobatics with a controller, you need to be able to switch directions in a split second and without a preset system to handle camera work an analog stick would just be too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom