• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toki Tori 2 |OT| - Who needs weapons when you can whistle?

I'll use this edited-out bump to urge people to buy this game--it's a massive leap over the (pretty good) original game, and one of the best puzzle/platformers I've ever played. Right up there with the likes of Donkey Kong '94, as far as I'm concerned.

Haha, my stupidity became helpful at least for giving this gem a little bit more attention here on GAF. I seriously wonder that there's so little traffic in this thread.

Mael

Truth. It's sad than so many people are dismissing this game. Even wii u owners complaining there is nothing to play on the machine -_-

The DD part of the machine is on fire, it's retail that's boring with nothing to play, I think I'll start Darksiders 2 now but it's boring coming from TokiTori2...

Haha, my stupidity became helpful at least for giving this gem a little bit more attention here on GAF. I seriously wonder that there's so little traffic in this thread.

I think that it's a game that would benefit from a demo, heck I wasn't even sure I would take it at first!
But hey TT never failed me so far so why not I said to myself.

PS4 confirmed to be a platform were they will release games, not a Toki Tori 2 version for it!
All in all, I hope you PS4 players can play it, because this game deserves the best.
It's AMAZING in every sense I can think.

I think that it's a game that would benefit from a demo, heck I wasn't even sure I would take it at first!
But hey TT never failed me so far so why not I said to myself.

This game DEFINITELY would benefit from a demo!

I haven't played the first TokiTori but after reading a few reviews I wondered about the "no handholding"-thing. Aaaand, ... I wasn't disappointed. This game truly feels like a "modern old school game". I love it.

They surely think that a demo with that level of difficulty will scare new players from buying it, and since it has this kiddie aspect I suppose that they also aim to a younger audience that at the end may be frustrated by the difficulty of the game.

But as I say, at this moment this game is a WiiU exclusive. And to have a WiiU and not this game... this should be a crime against video-gaming.

It's kind of funny and sad at the same time that a game this good isn't the best seller, and then you see people complaining about games becoming easier and uninspired, but when a game that goes against that trend appears, it's ignored by the masses.

EVERYONE who loves videogames should have 15 bucks for that MASTERPIECE. EVERYONE.

I was planning on picking up some VC games with my eShop £15 card that came today but Gaf, you have convinced me to jump on this game instead. I've been on an 2D open world kick at the moment as I've just finished Guacamelee and Super Metriod.

I'll report back this afternoon.

Zarovitch

Probably my best puzzle game after Lolo3.
But it's not the same kind of puzzle.

I've made 100% of Toki Tori 2 and i want more.

Yuterald

I feel like I'm very close to the end, but I always find myself having no idea where to go or what to tackle next. It's a pretty non-linear game and it's vague as shit at times. Love how the entire game makes you take note of visual clues in order to proceed, but some better direction would have made me finish this game faster. Some of these puzzles are pretty ridiculous and I usually pick up on this kind of shit fast. It's not quite La-Mulana levels of cryptic-ness, but it's getting there.

I sent two of those flaming lizards into those portals so far and it looks like there's 6 total. The "vision" door showed me the location of the next one somewhere in the mountain but I have no idea how to find him. I went back to the mountain and thought I found a new path, but it ended up being a super secret collectable area, lol! I'll figure this shit out at some point!

I was planning on picking up some VC games with my eShop £15 card that came today but Gaf, you have convinced me to jump on this game instead. I've been on an 2D open world kick at the moment as I've just finished Guacamelee and Super Metriod.

I'll report back this afternoon.

Great choice! Do you like it so far?

ymmv

Banned
Wii U platformer Toki Tori 2+ gets Steam release date
Now with Workshop integration, a level editor and Achievements.

By Tom Phillips Published Friday, 31 May 2013

Indie platformer Toki Tori 2+ will finally see a Steam release on 2nd July, developer Two Tribes has announced. The game has been renamed with an added '+' to denote the features added since its Wii U release in April 2013. Included in the PC version are Steam Workshop integration and Achievements. Notably, it also includes a full level editor - a feature previously promised for the Wii U version and still (at some point) on the cards.

Toki Tori 2's PC version was first announced in October 2011 for launch the following spring.

"Because of the long delays, we strongly feel that we owe the Steam community big time," Two Tribes wrote in a statement passed to Eurogamer. "The game won't be simply a Steam rendition of the Wii U version. Instead we've improved the game play and presentation throughout."

The original Toki Tori recieved an 8/10 from Eurogamer back upon its release in 2002. "[It's] a cutesy platform puzzler with an evil learning curve," Eurogamer's Martin Taylor wrote at the time.

Siegmeyer

Really enjoying this game, but have I just screwed myself?

I was falling to a checkpoint gate in the dark with a bat following me. It killed me just after I hit the gate and now when I respawn the bat kills me instantly.

Given the game doesn't really explain anything, is there some way I can get back to an earlier checkpoint gate or do I have to delete my file and start over?

Any help much appreciated.

Really enjoying this game, but have I just screwed myself?

I was falling to a checkpoint gate in the dark with a bat following me. It killed me just after I hit the gate and now when I respawn the bat kills me instantly.

Given the game doesn't really explain anything, is there some way I can get back to an earlier checkpoint gate or do I have to delete my file and start over?

Any help much appreciated.

Do you have time to whistle the tune that takes you back one check point?

Siegmeyer

Do you have time to whistle the tune that takes you back one check point?

Solved now. Someone in the general Wii U thread helped me out. I didn't realise the option in the pause menu restarted the area, I thought it just restarted the checkpoint.

Such a little gem of a game. If you have a Wii U and don't have this game you're doing it wrong.

Shiggy

Something went wrong :D

tokitori29fxox.png

Siegmeyer

I'm wanting to finish this without any guides, but I've reached a point where I need a friendly nudge in the right direction.

I've just got the
teleport whistle
but can't find where to go next. Have I missed something in previously explored areas? Or do I need to do something 'new'? I've spent a few hours backtracking and I don't want my interest to wane out of frustration because this is an amazing game when you're progressing normally.

If you could be as vague as possible in any hints it would be much appreciated, I want as little spoiled as possible.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Make your way into the village at the center of the map and explore it thoroughly. It should be clear what to do after that.

I'm wanting to finish this without any guides, but I've reached a point where I need a friendly nudge in the right direction.

I've just got the
teleport whistle
but can't find where to go next. Have I missed something in previously explored areas? Or do I need to do something 'new'? I've spent a few hours backtracking and I don't want my interest to wane out of frustration because this is an amazing game when you're progressing normally.

If you could be as vague as possible in any hints it would be much appreciated, I want as little spoiled as possible.

Make your way into the village at the center of the map and explore it thoroughly. It should be clear what to do after that.

I think I'm "stuck" at the same place. Thanks for the heads up.

Well, this is my first time asking for help in this game but...
Where is the door with the 4 seals? I can't locate it and I already have all the golden feathers-pieces!!!!

This game is outstanding. No handholding, no in-game text or dialogue, and some truly mindblowing moments.

Awesome Spoiler:
Floating Island! Teleport song!
:eek:

Needs more love.

Does anyone know how to reset your save state or how to start a new game? Seems like I'm too stupid to figure it out on my own...

Xpite

Neo Member
I bought the game on release and want to try out the + version now, but I'm not sure if I should restart the game or just continue from where I was. I think I was about halfway through and I haven't played it in months. I was this far into the game:
I've brought two of the golden frogs to the underground area.

Thoughts?

JaseMath

Looking for some help and can't find any anywhere. :(

There's a puzzle in the second cave section at the very bottom (after the section with the light bug and the dozens of masks). There's a group of shards past a group of electric bugs that I have no idea how to get past. I've literally been at this puzzle for 2 hours, it's my last one, and feel like I've tried everything. Can someone help me? PLEASE GAF?

Top Bottom