• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I can't hate on Ninnin for the action alone, but it also has good monsters, Star and White. And I don't usually watch sentai. People just want their own tastes to be catered ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the other hand, when are we seeing Ghost?

Yeah, action is top notch. Add Pink to that list too, she's great.

Surprise Future comes out August 8th. We might get scans in a couple weeks.

On another note, if you want Kakuranger, buy Dairanger (I already was but for those that were hesitant)

ReiGun

God the writing for the team dynamics of Ninninger are all over the place. Either have Red do everything or try to have them work as a team. This fence sitting they're doing is more annoying than either option.

Ninnger was actually pretty bad, they pretty much said the squad ain't shit unless Red is there.
They threw the whole team under the bus. Taka ain't shit without the others acting as support, and the others are only good as support (including Kin, who may I remind you was introduced as good enough to fight Taka, Yakumo, and Fuuka all at once).

BatDan

Drive 37

I guess that's one way of writing around Brain's defeat. "Two more ultra-strong Roidmudes from overseas!"
Sauce that's toxic to Roidmudes. Sure why not?
Next week looks very interesting.

WarRock

Ninninger Something before the 20s
"Oh, and they also get wild with me and everyone is stronger!"

Meanwhile, all that Star did the whole fight was throw a single thunderbolt.

Drive 37
Kyu wearing his Murmur Mansion shirts warms my heart. Krim being left out of the whole meal is the sort of interaction I hope happens more (the same way I'm waiting for the episode where Shin has to wash the Tridoron, don't let that stuff happen only in the opening!).

Tiu Neo

This is reminding me of Kakuranger, where they did call Tsuruhime the leader, but she didn't really do anything outside of her Shinobi Scroll episode.

Well, she was the only competent member... for something like five episodes, and then Jiraiya appeared and Sasuke got his shit together.

And then the whole thing with
her father.
That was kinda important, even if the most epic moment's on the series were with Sasuke and Jiraiya, IMO.

LostAnkh

I've been meaning to check it out anyways.

Well, she was the only competent member... for something like five episodes, and then Jiraiya appeared and Sasuke got his shit together.

And then the whole thing with
her father.
That was kinda important, even if the most epic moment's on the series were with Sasuke and Jiraiya, IMO.
Sasuke is lazy, but he's actually smarter than all of them and saved them several times. The others let their feelings get the best of them, and just rush in without a plan. I'm glad Tsuruhime had that sub-plot to add to her character, but she still doesn't pan out as a leader.

She didn't even get a bike...

Tiu Neo

Drive 37? Yeah, I think that's it.

Good episode. Brain in number form as Medic's "sidekick" was funny. The new single numbers look powerful, and it looks like all/most roidmudes will die after all.

Heart
getting angry with Medic,
and the restaurant scene were pretty great scenes too.

Banno telling Chase that
He just knows one side of Krim
may be just foreshadowing for the movie, but I think there is something more in that.

Krim Rider as cool as always.

I've been meaning to check it out anyways.

Sasuke is lazy, but he's actually smarter than all of them and saved them several times. The others let their feelings get the best of them, and just rush in without a plan. I'm glad Tsuruhime had that sub-plot to add to her character, but she still doesn't pan out as a leader.

She didn't even get a bike...

That's true. But on a few episodes, Tsuruhime was as smart as Sasuke, and a few times even more competent. That happened less and less as the series goes on, and by the middle/end of the series it turned into "Sasuke always saves the day", but...

And at least she was important to the series, and a few important plot points revolve around her.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I knew Evil Fourze would know about Medic's shit!

Ninninger Something before the 20s
"Oh, and they also get wild with me and everyone is stronger!"

Meanwhile, all that Star did the whole fight was throw a single thunderbolt

Ahahahahahahahaha

fuck you ninninger :/

Even ToQ6 got so much action

WarRock

Banno telling Chase that
He just knows one side of Krim
may be just foreshadowing for the movie, but I think there is something more in that.
From the preview, I thought 006 was Krim and he had a sick martial artist side that we were going to see in flashback form this week.

But nope, it was a single Banno tease about Krim and a whole another character doing sweeps into spin kicks.

Defuser

This is reminding me of Kakuranger, where they did call Tsuruhime the leader, but she didn't really do anything outside of her Shinobi Scroll episode.
What do you expect from a 15 year old adolescent teenager among a group of adult guys? She still in a growing phase.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
FFS, it really is Shinkenger all over again. Wait until Nagi gets a power up during a Kasumi focus episode.

Nagi can only hope. Dude gets like the least amount of screentime, even in his focus episodes.

I goddamn hate Nagi.

NeonZ

FFS, it really is Shinkenger all over again. Wait until Nagi gets a power up during a Kasumi focus episode.

I don't think those forms will see much use in the show though. It's still the same red armor only changing the chest symbol.

MrJames079

Neo Member
Ultraman X Ep 1

This was a really solid first episode, I'm definitely gonna keep up with X as it goes on. I especially really enjoyed the interaction between X and Daichi in their first fight together. X is an interesting Ultra, Kind but with a bit of snarkiness to all of his dialogue.

As a bonus, its good seeing DOCTAH MAHKI in another Toku.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ninninger was trying to show that while the other members in the team were good on their own, they don't mean jack nothing without a focal point tying them together.

Plus since Taka shouts the loudest on the team, it kinda makes sense that he would be the one to lead them.

However they didn't really show it well and since Taka got the power up and took down the Yo-kai on his own making the "I need to step into the leadership role" moral pointless.

As for Drive oooh things are heating up, no pun intended and Heart is on to Medic.

Calling it now that Medic kills Heart in the next episode and triggers her ultimate evolution and becomes the final villain.

According to that interview TokuNation (I think it was them) did with Robert Baldwin (KyoryuCyan)? Not really.

I mean, the higher-ups at Toei/Bandai surely know, but the people involved in the production of the shows largely have no idea.

Aw that's shame, it would have been nice if the production crews knew that they had a fan base outside of Japan.

Slayven

Ninninger was trying to show that while the other members in the team were good on their own, they don't mean jack nothing without a focal point tying them together.

Plus since Taka shouts the loudest on the team, it kinda makes sense that he would be the one to lead them.

However they didn't really show it well and since Taka got the power up and took down the Yo-kai on his own making the "I need to step into the leadership role" moral pointless.

As for Drive oooh things are heating up, no pun intended and Heart is on to Medic.

Calling it now that Medic kills Heart in the next episode and triggers her ultimate evolution and becomes the final villain.

Aw that's shame, it would have been nice if the production crews knew that they had a fan base outside of Japan.
Probably since it seems experiencing the opposite of their emotions is what triggers them

BatDan

Warning! Warning!
Scans for Kamen Rider Ghost are now out in the wild.
I like it! The Driver has the suit come out like the Silver Age Flash. The suit itself is Orange and Black, a very nice combo.

Ghost will be in Surprise Future. Sweet! First movie appearance since Wizard showed up in Fourze.

Tiu Neo

Warning! Warning!
I like it! The Driver has the suit come out like the Silver Age Flash. The suit itself is Orange and Black, a very nice combo.

Ghost will be in Surprise Future. Sweet! First movie appearance since Wizard showed up in Fourze.

I like the Jacket/Hoodie. I wonder if the material will be more leather-like or fabric-like. Looking cool, anyway.

LostAnkh

What do you expect from a 15 year old adolescent teenager among a group of adult guys? She still in a growing phase.
Then why call her the leader? There could've been a good amount of character development for her if they showed she struggling with the role. It's just wasted potential for the first female leader.

Warning! Warning!

It's not bad, but I'd like to see actual photos of it. They've been on a roll with recent Rider designs, so props to them.

shaowebb

Warning! Warning!

Found it and holy crap is this design slick!
Black and Orange halloween style colors as his primary form and a hood over his helmet! Plus belt looks to have a sort cup that you place a ball into then turn a lever to have it capture the ball to henshin. Neat!

javadoze

Warning! Warning!

I love it.

The "antennae" taking the form of a single horn is neat, the orange/black color scheme ties in to the motif nicely, and the hoodie is a nice way of giving Ghost something unique (and if the fashion rumor is true, maybe having different accessories?).

WarRock

@Ghost
Sleeveless hoodie, almost entirely black besides the lines? Yo, this may deserve to be side by side with Faiz.
Need to see how thick are the lines on the live suit though...

WillyFive

Wow @ Ghost

His helmet looks like it came out of Mass Effect, very Americanized design; also, the lack of the yearly dual antenna-like design makes it look very un-Kamen Rider-ish.

Hoodie is very interesting; also reminds me of American heroes. Also, can't wait to see the Toku version of this:

tumblr_no9jzhDtV71tbsjlbo1_400.gif

Watch Da Birdie

Apparently 2ch is saying he's got forms based on Robin Hood, Billy the Kid, Newton, Benkei, etc.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, is the item color contacts that shine out like a projector?

Like in the dark whatever it is will shine on the wall? The henshin makes it look like the ghost comes out of the eye so it kinda matches that...

vareon

Wow @ Ghost

His helmet looks like it came out of Mass Effect, very Americanized design; also, the lack of the yearly dual antenna-like design makes it look very un-Kamen Rider-ish.

Hoodie is very interesting; also reminds me of American heroes. Also, can't wait to see the Toku version of this:

That's the American version of Supaidaman henshin!

Anyway Ghost looks cool. The last time I'm excited with such design was with... Wizard.

Tiu Neo

Kiva... I'm on episode 35, so much is happening each episode. I like Taiga, so the love triangle is a bit agonizing. And yeah, Nago and Kengo switched roles. Love Nago now, Kengo... eh.

Carranger, almost on 40. Would be cool to see another team with individual robots like Kakuranger and Carranger, but maybe with the Ninninger's individual robots agility.

That's the American version of Supaidaman henshin!

Anyway Ghost looks cool. The last time I'm excited with such design was with... Wizard.

Japanese Toku -> American Toku -> Japanese Toku.

WarRock

Wow @ Ghost

It's totally going to open up Gundam Unicorn style.

Watch Da Birdie

And a look at the gimmicks thanks to Rakuten (no pictures):

These were posted on Rakuten

DX Ghost Driver (October)
“4-modes” DX Gangan Sabre (October)
“Gupa Gun” DX Gangan Hand (November)

DX “My” (Ore) Ghost Icon
DX Robin Ghost Icon (October)
DX Billy the Kid Ghost Icon (November)
DX Tutankhamun Ghost Icon (November)
DX Beethoven Ghost Icon & Nobunaga Ghost Icon set (November)
DX Benkei Ghost Icon (December)

GC01 Kamen Rider Ghost “My Soul” (October)
GC02 Musashi Ghost & Edison Ghost set (October)
GC03 Kamen Rider Spectre (November)
GC04 Robin Ghost & Billy the Kid Ghost set (November)
GC05 Tutankhamun Ghost & Nobunaga Ghost set (December)
GC06 Beethoven Ghost & Benkei Ghost set (December)
"Combining Sacred Beast” DX Iguana Ghostriker (November)

Ghost Gadget Series 01 Condor Phone (October)
Ghost Gadget Series 02 Cobra Mobile (November)
Ghost Gadget Series 03 Bat Clock (November)
Ghost Gadget Series 04 Spider Lantern (December)

COWBOY RIDER, FINALLY!

Also all of his Gadgets are related to Shocker---interesting.

Tiu Neo

C'mon guys, Drive was supposed to be the bad one and it's not, let's have some...

...hope!

Or maybe it'll be even worse, because we had two good series in sequence!

But yeah, I hope it's good too.

And a look at the gimmicks thanks to Rakuten (no pictures):

COWBOY RIDER, FINALLY!

Also all of his Gadgets are related to Shocker---interesting.

Whoa, some of those sound very cool.

Spectre to be a secondary/another Rider?

Watch Da Birdie

I think so.

Actually, I read that you know the little scans we have now are from the full toy catalog, and apparently the full catalog was mentioned by 2ch to show a second Rider which I guess is Spectre. Hopefully we get the rest soon, I remember with Drive's we got a few basic scans of the belt and car, and then the full stuff showing Wild/Technic and the Shift Cars.

Top Bottom