• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The secondary is Kamen Rider Spectre?

Spectre_001.jpg

Hmmmm.

WarRock

Since we're talking about Ghost, can we expect some Ghost Icons of deceased Riders?
Too soon?
The characters or the actors?

Ghost Gadget Series 01 Condor Phone (October)
Ghost Gadget Series 02 Cobra Mobile (November)
Ghost Gadget Series 03 Bat Clock (November)
Ghost Gadget Series 04 Spider Lantern (December)
The return of animal gadgets that never are used after the first two episodes \o/

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Final Form is the Ghost of Ishinomori, using magical spell-tags Ghost can summon ink-blot ghosts resembling famous Ishinomori properties.

Watch Da Birdie

I think Robin and Billy the Kid, they're released the same month...

Plus they're sort of the "noble villains" you'd possibly see that a secondary might use, romanticized outlaws.

NeonZ

Also all of his Gadgets are related to Shocker---interesting.

Well, it'll be airing during the 45th anniversary. In fact, it seems like it might be getting quite a bit of screentime even before the show starts, according to the schedule scan, Ghost apparently is:

-making his debut in the Drive movie
-getting a special video in the beginning of September
-making his tv show debut in Drive's final few episodes in September.

All before the October start of the show.

Watch Da Birdie

Machine Ghost Striker is the bike.
Captain Ghost is a weird dragon ship (reminds me of Castle Doran).
They fuse together into...Iguana.

Also, according to the logo, it seems this time they say "Kaigan!" instead of Henshin, BUT it uses the same kanji as Henshin. Also that Yokai Watch-style logo lol.

And we've got shadows of Spectre, as well as the Benkei Ghost. More leaks soon!

PLOT SUMMARY!

MC's name is Tenkuuji Takeru. He received a mysterious item "Ghost Icon" from daddy, but got killed by kaijin "Ganma" from another world.
To rescue his childhood girlfriend Akari he revives using a temporary life to become Kamen Rider. Installing the Ghost Icon into the Ghost Drive he becomes Kamen Rider Ghost. In 99 days he must gather 15 famous great people's spirit (Icon) to make a wish.
Takeru gets himself into a war which may change the fate of the world

BatDan

but Drive doesn't have that many suits.

Attachments yeah

Drive has Type Speed, Wild, Technic, Dead Heat, Formula and Tridoron.
Mach has his normal suit and Dead Heat.
Chase has his Grim Reaper look, Proto-Drive, and his Rider form.

I don't see attachments as an issue considering Fourze had a shitload of attachments and the monsters that season were all varied and unique.
Not as bad as Gaim which has a shitload of Riders, some of which had multiple forms. Hence why most of the Inves looked the same.
Not sure why the Roidmudes all look similar...

yami4ct

Ghost has a great premise and a cool design. Coming off of liking Gaim and loving Drive, though, there's no way this can be good right? 3 good Riders in a row sounds like an impossible dream at this point, even if we did have the W, OOO and Fourze era.

WarRock

Ghost is Gaim status right now for the weirdest mixture of motifs.

Ghost ship, unicorn bike, giant iguana, famous dead people...

BatDan

Did Hirohiko Araki write this season? Or Eiichiro Oda? It all sounds like stuff they would do.

javadoze

Not to mention Takeru having to travel the world is a pretty new premise for a rider show.

I'm guessing the writer will also come out of left field similar to Nakashima (Fourze) and Urobuchi (Gaim)

I think Robin and Billy the Kid, they're released the same month...

Plus they're sort of the "noble villains" you'd possibly see that a secondary might use, romanticized outlaws.

Based on the list you offered before:
DX “My” (Ore) Ghost Icon
DX Robin Ghost Icon (October)
DX Billy the Kid Ghost Icon (November)
DX Tutankhamun Ghost Icon (November)
DX Beethoven Ghost Icon & Nobunaga Ghost Icon set (November)
DX Benkei Ghost Icon (December)

GC01 Kamen Rider Ghost “My Soul” (October)
GC02 Musashi Ghost & Edison Ghost set (October)
GC03 Kamen Rider Spectre (November)
GC04 Robin Ghost & Billy the Kid Ghost set (November)
GC05 Tutankhamun Ghost & Nobunaga Ghost set (December)
GC06 Beethoven Ghost & Benkei Ghost set (December)

I'm actually guessing Robin is a Ghost icon, since the DX version comes in October. Musashi and Edison are probably secondaries, like Type Wild/Technic, Strawberry/Pine Arms, or Water/Land/Wind Style. Billy the Kid is probably a half-upgrade, like Flame Dragon, Watermelon Arms.

I'm thinking Tut, Nobunaga, and perhaps Benkei are Spectre's.

Random speculation of course.

WarRock

It's somewhat common. Master has a similar finisher in G Gundam, but when his finger touches the cloth tied to his target, it explodes.

shaowebb

UPDATE ON MY TATSUNOKO VIEWINGS

I just watched an episode of Casshan called Puppy Runs for Vengeance.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Casshan/Puppy-Runs-for-Vengeance/Watch

In that episode a man's dying act was to hastily hide a thick phallic shaped bomb in his puppy which was sadly named Goopy. It tries to be sad but I can't stop staring at the screen all WTF-like since his whole "I'll show them!" dying act was to cornhole his dog with a bomb.

What Casshan must have made of that scene when he ran into the pup later...

"Shit! Did they... What the fuck Braiking Boss!?"

This is about as fucked as it gets. Go ahead and watch if you want to see this fucked up episode. Its Goopy Time.

Watch Da Birdie

And the other two? I literally cannot remember the last time we saw the Wild transformation.

We saw Technic during the Nira reveal episode, right?

As for Wild...I really don't think we have seen it since the Christmas Arc.

javadoze

Kiwi arms appeared a few times if you count the movies and tv special. In fact, it's used for the first time in the Sengoku Battle movie, before its tv debut.

I actually think it was only used once in the series proper (and then once in the ToQ special, again in Sengoku Wars, and one other time in Drive/Gaim movie war.)

LostAnkh

Kiwi arms appeared a few times if you count the movies and tv special. In fact, it's used for the first time in the Sengoku Battle movie, before its tv debut.
I know, its's just that he never really used it outside of it's debut and specials. :D

So much for advertising toys.

Top Bottom