• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

jwk94

So Chip Lynn said we're not getting the Dino teamup. Sigh, another year without a proper teamup.

Chip Lynn says that a Go-Busters adaptation wouldn't really work as an RPM sequel

His reasoning is weird though. RPM was dark but Go-Busters was fun. Well, Go-Onger was wacky as hell and that was adapted into the post-apocalyptic tale we all love. Then again, the Buddyroids might clash a bit.

Also, an interview with RCrew brought up trains, and he feels trains wouldn't really be marketable in the West. Hmmmm
Don't hurt me like this =(

Why people want a sequel anyway? I like standalone seasons.
Venjix is still alive, RPM was a damn good season, and not using the Go-Busters' suits is almost as bad as not using the ToQger villain suits.

I only just caught up with the Kamen Rider Ghost news and rumours. One rumour is saying that Kazuhiro Takahashi from KR Fourze is producing it, but wouldn't this year normally fall under Takaaki Utsunomiya's (KR Wizard, last did ToQger) watch?

Toei could be trying to fit four producers in their rotating cycle now. It could also mean Utsunomiya is doing Super Sentai #40, if they don't give that job to Omori.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Dairanger was my first full Sentai Series, so this is neat...

It's honestly kind of a weak series outside the awesome choreography though---the rip-off Star Wars/Superman stuff, that fucking cactus episode, and of course the ending pissed me off and renders a lot of the earlier show moot.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dairanger was my first full Sentai Series, so this is neat...

It's honestly kind of a weak series outside the awesome choreography though---the rip-off Star Wars/Superman stuff, that fucking cactus episode, and of course the ending pissed me off and renders a lot of the earlier show moot.

I still don't understand the ending.
I can't imagine people that saw it in 1993 and to this day still don't get the ending.

I still don't understand the ending.
I can't imagine people that saw it in 1993 and to this day still don't get the ending.

When I saw the end in early '94 I had thought Daijinryu was responsible somehow, but I was 14 and I had my friend helping translate, so it was us just kinda going back and forth and discussing theories. *shrugs* Speilban's ending was kinda that way too.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The Lion-haoh song is awesome. Chosetsu looks way too powerful for a midseason upgrade wonder if there's more planned.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I wonder if we'll see all the Tire Combinations in show?

I realized Weather Report, Tough Guys, and American Dream have at least one component tire that never appeared...Solar, Commercial, Traveler, and Circus.

Only Grand Prix has had all of them.

The only good thing in Dairanger is the action and characters. The plot is very nonsensical.

But Kou's obnoxious, and the main characters are kind of bland...and poor Kaku barely gets any focus episodes.

I recall there's that one episode where the Dairanger play a really horrible trick on Kou, mainly Pink. Didn't they tell him his mom hated him or something?

BatDan

Also, last week was the 4th of July Weekend episode, and they didn't even bring out American Dream. Wasted opportunity!

Slayven

The Lion-haoh song is awesome. Chosetsu looks way too powerful for a midseason upgrade wonder if there's more planned.

I can't even begin to imagine how the final combo will look like. Is there a Japanese version of OSHA, cause red needs to file a compliant for that cockpit placement.

Slayven

Finished the first epsiode of "Sadistic Detective", the first bad guy is nonr other than Ninnger Dad. In what I believe to be a nod to Dekaranger, he was beaten by a cross dressing detective.

647px-Dosd_main.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I really hate it when an episode is all about teamwork yet ends up with the red being focus regardless.

BatDan

Some have noticed that all the seasons since Go-Busters have been way too Red-centric.
Was it because Go-Bus failed that hard, or was it due to Kyoryuger being a massive success?
"Let's slowly turn Sentai into Kamen Rider! Kamen Rider makes the money"

BatDan

Ninninger 20

It feels like Bandai wants to make their own Battlizers lately. First Carnival Mode in Kyoryuger, now Transcendent Mode here.
I won't lie... that was pretty awesome though.

Nothing wrong with a red focused series

If done well like Kyoryuger, yeah. With a very charismatic Red.
But Ninninger's Red still feels off. I still don't see him as a leader.

javadoze

So Crunchyroll have announced that they will be simulcasting Ultraman X as it comes out.

Really awesome news, the Ultra subbing community isn't exactly the strongest thing so having a guaranteed fast release is pretty nice.

Say whaaaaaaaa-!?!

This is an amazing stride for toku. (Now to get simulcasts of Rider and Sentai...)

Though it's weird how there hasn't been little to no subs of Ginga S yet.

Ninninger 20

"You've learnt about how teamwork is important... again! Here's the tools for you to become a one-man army!"

I've been enjoying Ninninger and I don't mind Red-centric shows, but it does strike me a little odd for Ninninger to have this fixation on its Red while also focusing on the moral of teamwork and the whole "there can only be one Last Ninja" thing.

Tiu Neo

Ninninger 20

...one day, they'll work as a team and not depend on Takaharu too much. Maybe even make the team not worthless without him. One day. It's kinda sad, because alone, at least three of them are pretty competent.

The new power up is cool, hope the others get to use it too. Or the new Ninja allies making each one of them have new forms, since it looks like that the lion will be Red exclusive.

Yukio singing his own theme song was awesome.

WillyFive

Focus on the red seems to be a directive from Bandai or some higher-up; kids always want to be Red so the company decides to focus more on him, which creates a never-ending cycle.

They aren't even trying to hide it with Ninninger; it feels like it's two sides clashing, one side trying to sell the Sentai teamwork angle and the other making Red the most important person alive.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah honestly why not just make a singular toku with red motifs?

O-oh...

(but seriously in the early days of toku red solo heroes are pretty common and big)

Also is Ultraman X gonna be good?

MrJames079

Neo Member
Yeah honestly why not just make a singular toku with red motifs?

O-oh...

(but seriously in the early days of toku red solo heroes are pretty common and big)

Also is Ultraman X gonna be good?

Who knows, but I like the look of the suit and those monster armors that its getting also looks pretty cool. I'm gonna watch the first few episodes and decide from them if I'll follow it as it comes out

Top Bottom