• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Slayven

yeah everything not Ultraman fighting monsters is a support system for Ultraman fighting monsters, and barely at that.

At least Dub Tiga was fun

Watch Da Birdie

At least he's not simply left behind with no explanation, unlike some shows

I'd say Gou has earned his stay.

Chase and his interactions lately are pretty great (this week's episode has a great scene), and we probably wouldn't have gotten iDad either.

Slayven

Kamen Rider Ghost has some cool designs.

Gravity manipulating boxer, where have we seen that before?
latest

BossRush

Self: “Let’s Go! Prepare yourself! Go-Go-Go-Ghost! (レッツゴー!覚悟!ゴ・ゴ・ゴ・ゴースト! Rettsugō! Kakugo! Go-go-go-gōsuto!)

Really close to Let's Ghost, which is what I was hoping for, but alas it was not meant to be.

shaowebb

Okay guys...I need your feedback on something. I dig me some Kamen Rider, but right now I'm doing up some art for something more Super Sentai related.

What are your top 5 Sentai helmet designs?

I want the opinion of Sentai-Gaf to weigh in here because they are bigger into the genre than me and I'd likely just end up with something close to a Rider helmet without feedback.

WillyFive

Okay guys...I need your feedback on something. I dig me some Kamen Rider, but right now I'm doing up some art for something more Super Sentai related.

What are your top 5 Sentai helmet designs?

I want the opinion of Sentai-Gaf to weigh in here because they are bigger into the genre than me and I'd likely just end up with something close to a Rider helmet without feedback.

1. Jetman

tumblr_ns12yxWgaW1qjvxwro1_1280.jpg

Perfectly blends in both it's bird and pilot theme into something that actually looks like it could be something someone wears to fly a jet. Super-sleek and dynamic too, despite it being from 1991. And of course, it doesn't project any type of pre-made personality into the character; it is a blank slate that amplifies anything the actor may be emoting.

2. Gekiranger

tumblr_n0qc4cOvij1rjoe31o1_1280.jpg

So simple, yet absolutely striking and iconic. It's cute and yet ferocious, it's not super-busy and yet it is not empty-looking; it has so much personality that it looks everywhere.

3. Dairanger

tumblr_mpc9qgCzuf1r0j0yso6_500.png

So sleek, they also look furious; but yet have an air of ethnic majesty.They seem almost animated in the way it's lines move, fitting for how animated their poses and attacks are. They really stick out too with the gold, which really helps them become really bold looking and stand out.

4. Carranger

tumblr_mknr8tvAG91r0j0yso1_500.jpg

This is another example of a helmet that really takes it's theme and goes all out with it, blending in it's car aesthetic a lot better than Turboranger or Go-Onger did. The headlights give the helmet some actual functionality, the shiny chrome trims really give the helmets an industrial look that feels very tactile.

5. Dekaranger

tumblr_mpo5sdK5131r7knxyo1_500.jpg

If you notice, these helmets are all :D faces. Anyway, they also look super sleek as well; a simple design that has a very great deal of personality; telling a story of crazy futuristic cops that can terrorize their enemies. The emblem decal on their forehead is good, their ears being police sirens is awesome, their edgy visors give them a sleek and almost evil look, and their big mouths just overflow with joy and purpose.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd have to look to find some more, but strictly speaking for helmets, the Shinkenger design is so simple yet so unique. It's pretty much perfect.

Jakten

1. Jetman
dagtCe4.png

2. Changeman
lfsp87q.png

3. Liveman
AZ68pQF.png

4. Zyuranger
2PXDwRS.png

5. Battle Fever J or JAKQ
BWmw9bg.png

ycUlFJB.png

Maskman and Dairanger are pretty slick as well. Very hard to choose. By far Jetman is the best though.

Tiu Neo

Haven't watched all those series, but...

1 - Gokaiger
2 - Jetman
3 - GoBusters
4 - Hurricanger
5 - Maskman

The first two, I like how they fit the theme perfectly.
I like how different Go Busters is, even if I never watched it.
Hurricanger fits well the theme, and I liked how the whole face part can open.
Maskman was pretty cool for it's time, I remember liking their design a lot, back then.

I also like Flashman, Shinkenger and Ninninger's helmets a lot, too.

shaowebb

Thanks for all the Sentai feedback. I'm noticing common trends in the designs of the most mentioned shows you all chose. And this will help with what I'm doing in terms of design.

Slayven

3rd Rider has to be an exorcist

*draws the cross with his hand*

"Now prepare for your eternal rest"

*Kisses rosary bead before doing a running Kuuga style kick*

Watch Da Birdie

Blue Sky was literally a dude and two teenagers.

I remember that one episode about Blue Sky members getting arrested...what members?

Still though, Nago ruled. I'd love to see his actor come back again for a different role in Ghost. Or hell, IXA returns!

javadoze

In the midst of all of this excitement for Ghost, some new magazine pics of upcoming Drive episodes are going around and...

Gold Drive is apparently a new rider using a black Drive Driver and Mach gets a new form (using a black Mach Driver?)

Pretty odd this late in the show, but then again, Yomi Arms in Gaim was a thing.

Watch Da Birdie

Pretty sure the new Rider is
Genpachi. You can see he's wearing the Anti-Density Shift backpack

Also a scan of Ghost in Surprise Future!

Top Bottom