• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
With Toei's new propensity for doing Gaidens, and the fact that Chase trended worldwide on Twitter when
he died
, I'd say a Drive Gaiden: Kamen Rider Chaser is fairly likely.

I also think that was a huge issue with Gaim. Probably my biggest issue with it is that
Up through the end, Mai is treated literally like a prize to be won. She gets no say over her future. She just has to wait for whatever guy that wins to take her away.I also really didn't like the end forcing her and Kouta together. Their relationship since the beginning seemed more brother and sister than romantic. Putting them together came off a bit awkward for me because of that.

This bugged me a lot when Gaim ended.

shaowebb

Finished catching up with Drive and now I'm waiting for the 27th for the final Ghost episode. Them feels. Everyone went full badass in the last battle. Gou and Tomari both just went beyond and into a whole other level of badass above what I'm used to seeing Riders do lately. Pretty amazing stuff.

Now for the rest of Kuuga I guess. Also a fun theory...
Kamen Rider Ghost will be the tool the writers at Toei needed for some time now to allow them to finish up certain plots. He is a bridge between life and death. A Rider to represent the dead...we may finally see Ankh and Eiji's storyline finished alongside of Chase through tie ins with him

yami4ct

Wonder how the whole "undead for 99 days" thing will be played out. Or if it's going to be relevant past the 20s.

I think it would be actually cool if he moved onto the afterlife at the end of the season. As long as they build the character well, it could be a nicely emotional moment.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wonder how the whole "undead for 99 days" thing will be played out. Or if it's going to be relevant past the 20s.

He'll come very close to completing his mission/defeating the final boss, but fall just short due to the machinations of the villain, then someone (probably Spectre) will dramatically sacrifice themselves to give him the time he needs to win.

Or something like that.

NeonZ

Considering how there are 9 souls in the 1st quarter, and
the upgrades apparently might involve new 2 or 3 new souls at once based on the sound effects
I think the whole "find 15 Great Men" plot really is ending in real time, during January.

Tiu Neo

Finished Go-Busters.

What a ride. Great series from the beginning to the end. Even with the retool, the weird change to cards was actually a good thing, 50 episodes of "Defend the Tanks" could get boring.

Great characters too. Every one of them. But J in special.

WillyFive

Go-Busters had a fantastic ending. It also has excellent sixth rangers and the best villain since Jetman.

Also, I appreciated Gaim 46's ending.
Mitchy did not deserve a happy ending and he needed to be shown thinking about his actions. I would have had Kouta reject being a God, however; that's just weird.

Tiu Neo

Go-Busters had a fantastic ending. It also has excellent sixth rangers and the best villain since Jetman.

I'd say Enter alone would already make the series have the best villains. He is almost at Radiguet levels, for me. Normally, recurring enemies like him get boring fast, but Enter? Non, non, he was always entertaining.

Escape was nice, but she got a bit repetitive on the first part of the series, imo. Almost everything they did with her after
Messiah's first death
was great.

Messiah... was always a big menace, even
after his own death. The character was a bit annoying, so killing him mid-series was for the best, imo.

Finished Go-Busters.

What a ride. Great series from the beginning to the end. Even with the retool, the weird change to cards was actually a good thing, 50 episodes of "Defend the Tanks" could get boring.

Great characters too. Every one of them. But J in special.
Go-Busters is a fantastic show overall.

WarRock

If it was Jin, they should've addressed it when he appeared. Red herring or not, at the moment the whole scene was implying Messiah.

Tiu Neo

If it was Jin, they should've addressed it when he appeared. Red herring or not, at the moment the whole scene was implying Messiah.

But... didn't Jin show up on the same episode? Or was it the next? I remember it being pretty close. To me it was pretty clear it was him, at least.

NeonZ

This was a shot from a recording location for the next Movie Wars posted on twitter by Taira Imata (Genpachiro from Drive).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPgQlG1U8AE7W4r.jpg

It probably doesn't mean anything, but there's a chance it's a spoiler.
In the center of the shot, there's someone doing a pose similar to either V3's or Stronger's transformation poses.

Tiu Neo

Started watching Black and Gaoranger today.

(Whoa, I still remember a lot about Black, actually. Even the attack names and songs.)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kind of related to Toku since it airs alongside Sentai and KR but it looks like Saban is going through with the Pretty Cure dub. It's still called "Glitter Force"

Considering how little of a fuck they gave Digimon Xros Wars, I don't see this ending well.

yami4ct

Kind of related to Toku since it airs alongside Sentai and KR but it looks like Saban is going through with the Pretty Cure dub. It's still called "Glitter Force"

Considering how little of a fuck they gave Digimon Xros Wars, I don't see this ending well.

The action cartoon market is a real shit show right now. Even if they did a fully produced and well done version, I kind of doubt Pretty Cure can make it in the US.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The action cartoon market is a real shit show right now. Even if they did a fully produced and well done version, I kind of doubt Pretty Cure can make it in the US.

This too.
Action cartoons for boys can't succeed these days. I can't imagine attempting an action cartoon for girls.

yami4ct

This too.
Action cartoons for boys can't succeed these days. I can't imagine attempting an action cartoon for girls.

There's a chance they could hit given it's really an underserved market. Even if you look at film, which is presumably eating a lot of the space action cartoons used to have, those don't target girls at all. If anything could hit, this has a shot. That's more marketing than production values, though.

alvmew

But... didn't Jin show up on the same episode? Or was it the next? I remember it being pretty close. To me it was pretty clear it was him, at least.

The Commander is seen at the weird screen thing in Mission 13. It shows the other dimension and looks like when Enter communicates with Messiah, but they never outright say that's who he's talking to or anything. Jin shows up at the end of Mission 14. Then, in Mission 15, the Commander says that they had received a message from someone claiming to be Jin from the other dimension telling him to go to a specific location, so he did, where he met Jin at the end of 14.

Kurita

Kamen Rider Gaim 18

The huge dance scene was both corny and amazing. New rider yaaaay!
I hope Jonouchi dancing means he'll stop being Oren's servant. He's easily one of the best parts of the show.

Faiz

Kamen Rider Gaim 18

The huge dance scene was both corny and amazing. New rider yaaaay!
I hope Jonouchi dancing means he'll stop being Oren's servant. He's easily one of the best parts of the show.

I wish they'd just bust Oren's belt already. We have enough cool to middling riders in the show and the over the top caraciture is annoying and a little offensive. You'd think I'd be deadened to that one over the years but nope...

Tiu Neo

I wish they'd just bust Oren's belt already. We have enough cool to middling riders in the show and the over the top caraciture is annoying and a little offensive. You'd think I'd be deadened to that one over the years but nope...

Loved him when he first appeared, kinda got bored with him after a few episodes, love him again now (I'm on Episode 30).

He's a funny character, and I love how over the top he is, but it's also his over the top way - and not listening to anyone - that makes him get annoying, sometimes.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

He actually becomes a pretty great character later on. The whole "over the top gay man" thing kinda fades away over time. And while he's still over the top in some ways, he's not nearly as offensive by the end of the show as he is when he first appears.

Faiz

Loved him when he first appeared, kinda got bored with him after a few episodes, love him again now (I'm on Episode 30).

He's a funny character, and I love how over the top he is, but it's also his over the top way - and not listening to anyone - that makes him get annoying, sometimes.

He actually becomes a pretty great character later on. The whole "over the top gay man" thing kinda fades away over time. And while he's still over the top in some ways, he's not nearly as offensive by the end of the show as he is when he first appears.

I'm up to 22 and the show keeps surprising me so I'm not terribly shocked to hear it I guess. Just every time he turns up I find myself hoping this is it for him.

Edit: missed this in the page turnover:

The movie was licensed outside of Japan so a Sub isn't in the cards.

And hearing the talk about Rider epilogues and such is will Rider ever go back to Director's Cuts of things?

Missed this in the page flip: if anyone is interested it was licensed by Generation Kikaida in Hawaii. They're a small operation that has been licensing Kikaider stuff and KR V3 for years, as both had some popularity airing on Hawaiian TV in decades past. You can order Kikaider Reboot DVD (no Blu Ray, I'm guessing too expensive for their size), off of their website.

I've thought about ordering V3 so many times but can never justify the $150 for it.

WarRock

The Commander is seen at the weird screen thing in Mission 13. It shows the other dimension and looks like when Enter communicates with Messiah, but they never outright say that's who he's talking to or anything. Jin shows up at the end of Mission 14. Then, in Mission 15, the Commander says that they had received a message from someone claiming to be Jin from the other dimension telling him to go to a specific location, so he did, where he met Jin at the end of 14.

it was Jin, the next episode pretty much is Jin confirming what Commander said to him.
I suck at watching shows )=

Thanks for correcting me guys.

Faiz

I have it, it was worth every penny.

I should say: I've never been able to justify it to my wife, haha.

I have some stuff I'm about to sell on eBay, maybe V3 will finally make it to the top of the "garage sale proceeds" list. I have too many hobbies, which is ironic as I basically have no time for any of them.

The Lord is real.

SIC-Kamen-Rider-OOO-LaToraTah-Combo-Official-003.jpg

SIC-Kamen-Rider-OOO-LaToraTah-Combo-Official-006.jpg

SIC-Kamen-Rider-OOO-LaToraTah-Combo-Official-007.jpg

SIC-Kamen-Rider-OOO-LaToraTah-Combo-Official-010.jpg

Been waiting for this figure forever.

Faiz

THIS SHOW.
Triumphant Arms! Who the hell is Sagara?! If sacrifices are necessary, I'll fight the world that demands them!

yami4ct

The Lord is real.

Been waiting for this figure forever.

I appreciate the work that goes into the SIC stuff, and I love when those guys do enemies, but man I just cannot get into them for Kamen Riders. Too over designed and other worldly for my taste.

And to think you are only halfway through this amazing show. :3

I would say he's at the point the show peaked (aside from the very last couple episodes) for my taste. For me Gaim goes bad->really interesting->boring and repetitive->awesome payoff with some terrible closure for specific plots. I know I'm in the minority on that one.

Faiz

I appreciate the work that goes into the SIC stuff, and I love when those guys do enemies, but man I just cannot get into them for Kamen Riders. Too over designed and other worldly for my taste.

Historically I agree. But that LahToraTah is legit.

Top Bottom