• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm wonder if they're bold enough with Kamen Rider Chaser to
have the human dude end up becoming the new Kamen Rider Chaser

shaowebb

Just got to Kamen Rider Drive ep 40. Not far to go now. Then its back to Kuuga. I'm gonna hold off a bit before goin in on Ghost just so I have time to finish up Kuuga. Then...well you know how I roll. I put it up to folks here to figure out the rest of what I hit next.

I got...

Kiva
Agito
Hibiki
Ryuki

...left after Kuuga and thats it for Heisei. Then I'll likely hit showa era for Black or go in on Sentai for the 3rd time (never can get into it like Toku).

jwk94

Legacy communicator and Falcon zord have been spotted in the toys r us database. I'm confident at this point the legacy line either won't expand beyond mmpr or it'll take YEARS to do so.

Watch Da Birdie

Den-O it is!

A group called OrangeLion is re-subbing the series and it's higher quality, but they're only on Episode 11 and doing once-a-week, but they've been reliable...

TV-N isn't too bad with Den-O, the show is silly enough they don't hurt anything I feel, but prepare for Ore, Sanjou! and Banana New Shoe!

Watch Da Birdie

Damn, you have to listen to the audio of the hacked Ghost Eyecons [SPOILERS], they're amazing!

I wonder if Boost ('Boo') could perhaps be the first major upgrade despite the seemingly plain name?

Also, the Gaim one has both Gaim and Baron's jingle play---wonder if there's signifigance to that?

javadoze

Final (but not quite final) Drive 47

-Only weak link this episode was probably the fight against the Sigma Circular. Felt a bit unnecessary.

-
Ghost boy! I wonder if his fighting style in his own show will actually incorporate the "style" we see here? Also, did he just pull the GanGun Saber out of his belt?

-
Though Heart wasn't quite my favorite villain, I really loved his character concept and how he ultimately went out here.

-I see Gou sets out to reenact the ending to
Kamen Rider OOO, but then gets interrupted by Other Scientist Guy
. I appreciate that the show is bringing back these characters for the final episode.

-And Chase...
is still dead? Huh, go figure. Bringing up the person he copied was a nice way of including him in the finale in some way.

-All in all, this was a damn good finale episode. Though next week is probably an epilogue of some kind, this week's episode is pretty emotionally satisfying by itself.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You thought Chase is gonna be shipped with Kiriko but it was me, GOU!

Also Blue Buster is evil again I see.

vareon

I'll consider this episode is "Drive the way the writers intended it to end" and next week is mandatory episode to return to status quo because the series need to have future movies somehow.

Everything's good! Drive is a strong series.

Kamen Rider Gaim 14

Wait. Oh god. Oh my. This isn't a kids show.

aesirkamen_rider_gaim_-_14hd1fbd3e4f-mkv_snapshot_21-47_2014-01-21_23-01-27.jpg

Welcome to the family.

WarRock

I'm wonder if they're bold enough with Kamen Rider Chaser to
have the human dude end up becoming the new Kamen Rider Chaser
That would suck. Means that will probably happen.

Just got to Kamen Rider Drive ep 40. Not far to go now. Then its back to Kuuga. I'm gonna hold off a bit before goin in on Ghost just so I have time to finish up Kuuga. Then...well you know how I roll. I put it up to folks here to figure out the rest of what I hit next.
Do Kuuga -> Agito, naturally. Even though I didn't watch Kuuga yet.

Kamen Rider Gaim 14

Wait. Oh god. Oh my. This isn't a kids show.
Barely scratching the surface, hehehe.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ninninger 30

Chance of Kikyo becoming Murasaki Ninger? Probably too much to ask for...
This reminds me that I need to watch Go-Busters still.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ninninger 30

A fun episode and it was nice to see Taka interacting with someone outside of the family.

Drive 47

The finale was good and drive was a fun ride, I also like of what I saw of Kamen Rider Ghost and I look forward to watching more of him.

Speak of Ghost, do we know who will be subbing it?

Wrong.

"Momotaros yo, into eternity, Imagin last stop."

"I'd be strong as an metal rod!"

"Hissatsu! My hissatsu attack!"

"(Shukushuku / quietly) Yoroshiku! Shukushuku make you cry!"

"Ore... sanjou by bike!"

This pretty much, TV-Nihon run of Den-O is what made me go off them as I felt like that I was read more of the subs at the top of the screen rather than the bottom of the screen.

TV-Nihon is garbage.

Slayven

do you think they simplified the ghost driver because the drivers was getting too complex?

I could never be a Gaim rider because i be like "how do you do sparkling again?"

Mr-Joker

Banned
do you think they simplified the ghost driver because the drivers was getting too complex?

I could never be a Gaim rider because i be like "how do you do sparkling again?"

I always thought that they simplified the driver with Wizard onwards as Fourze driver was far too complex and was pushing it with its 4 switch gimmick.

ReiGun

I have no idea how Eiji kept all his medals and the body parts they went with straight. I'd have been like "So why can't I just put the grasshopper in the first slot. Ugh, fuck this."

javadoze

I have no idea how Eiji kept all his medals and the body parts they went with straight. I'd have been like "So why can't I just put the grasshopper in the first slot. Ugh, fuck this."

Without Ankh, Eiji would probably be standing there for 5 minutes trying to think about which medals go where.

Watch Da Birdie

In five years, no one will ever hire me to play a Kamen Rider/Sentai...

Where did it all go wrong?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What young roles? They called him old man in gobusters too. Shit thats why i wanted a more in depth ryuuji/nosan crossover.

I meant roles that are usually given to younger actors. Yeah he's referred to as old but usually the actor is younger.

Kurita

Kamen Rider 15

A short haired pretty girl, my only weakness. Why is she evil though :(
Yggdrasil seems to be the land of backstabbers, dunno what DJ dude is aiming for...

Watch Da Birdie

By the way, there are effectively four skippable episodes...

* There's a ToQ (the Sentai Series)/Gaim Crossover 1-Hour Special after 23 that is non-canon, more or less, that ties into Super Hero Taisen Showa vs. Heisei. I actually think it's a really cute episode and a nice breather as, from that point on, Gaim is non-stop, but you can skip it if you choose.

* 30 is a tie-in to the Kikaider Reboot. Episode 29 at the end leads into it, but you can skip the episode without missing much as it's a "flashback". Some like it, but I found it easily the dullest episode of the series perhaps.

* 37 is a tie-in to the Summer Movie, and basically bridges the events of 36 and 38, but once more is skippable as it's some AU fuckery. Most people would probably say the Summer Movie is pretty dumb anyway, but if you want the complete experience watch this.

* 47 is the technically last episode, but the main plot pretty much ends with 46. I actually never got around to watching it, but it closes the story-arc of one of the main characters so might wanna watch it, but it also ties into the Summer Movie so if you don't wanna mess with the expanded universe stuff then don't bother.

For more Gaim goodness, if you want the complete experience, there's a post-series Stage Show that Orange Lion subbed that's actually really enjoyable and gives some nice closure to a subplot. And there's also the Gaim Gaidens, two have been subbed focused on Kaito and Takatora (they are set mid-series, but I recall them having some foresight into what happens later so I'd wait till finishing Gaim), and two more releasing by the end of the year focused on two more characters, but I don't think you've really met much of these two yet.

There's also Movie Wars Wizard x Gaim, which isn't too good but you might like if you wanna see some of the Legendary Rider Arms, Super Hero Taisen Showa vs. Heisei, which Kouta and Kaito have fairly decent roles in and a new Arms for Gaim, and then Movie Wars Gaim x Drive, which you definitely should not watch till finishing Gaim as it has major spoilers.

jonjonaug

By the way, there are effectively four skippable episodes...

* There's a ToQ (the Sentai Series)/Gaim Crossover 1-Hour Special after 23 that is non-canon, more or less, that ties into Super Hero Taisen Showa vs. Heisei. I actually think it's a really cute episode and a nice breather as, from that point on, Gaim is non-stop, but you can skip it if you choose.

* 30 is a tie-in to the Kikaider Reboot. Episode 29 at the end leads into it, but you can skip the episode without missing much as it's a "flashback". Some like it, but I found it easily the dullest episode of the series perhaps.

* 37 is a tie-in to the Summer Movie, and basically bridges the events of 36 and 38, but once more is skippable as it's some AU fuckery. Most people would probably say the Summer Movie is pretty dumb anyway, but if you want the complete experience watch this.

* 47 is the technically last episode, but the main plot pretty much ends with 46. I actually never got around to watching it, but it closes the story-arc of one of the main characters so might wanna watch it, but it also ties into the Summer Movie so if you don't wanna mess with the expanded universe stuff then don't bother.

For more Gaim goodness, if you want the complete experience, there's a post-series Stage Show that Orange Lion subbed that's actually really enjoyable and gives some nice closure to a subplot. And there's also the Gaim Gaidens, two have been subbed focused on Kaito and Takatora (they are set mid-series, but I recall them having some foresight into what happens later so I'd wait till finishing Gaim), and two more releasing by the end of the year focused on two more characters, but I don't think you've really met much of these two yet.

There's also Movie Wars Wizard x Gaim, which isn't too good but you might like if you wanna see some of the Legendary Rider Arms, Super Hero Taisen Showa vs. Heisei, which Kouta and Kaito have fairly decent roles in and a new Arms for Gaim, and then Movie Wars Gaim x Drive, which you definitely should not watch till finishing Gaim as it has major spoilers.

I would say skip episode 30 during your marathoning of the show, but watch it once you're done because Ryoma does a thing that's way too ridiculous to pass up on.

Watch Da Birdie

The rest of the show is super-solid (although I think the ending might be a bit hit-or-miss...but then again I feel Kamen Rider rarely nails the landing), so you're in for a ride.

Episode 23 will blow you awayyyyyy~

The only part of the ToQ crossover that matters is Kouta trying to leave Mai on the ToQ train for her own safety. Otherwise, yeah, it has little to do with the plot.

Watch Da Birdie

The only part of the ToQ crossover that matters is Kouta trying to leave Mai on the ToQ train for her own safety. Otherwise, yeah, it has little to do with the plot.

It also introduces the Narutaki Puppet, the "Giant Mecha in the Window" gag they carried over to Drive x Ninninger, and the debut of
Raise Up Your Flag

I hate how Magenta bashed ToQxGaim as being dumb while praising the Kikaider Episode, when the opposite is true..

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It also introduces the Narutaki Puppet, the "Giant Mecha in the Window" gag they carried over to Drive x Ninninger, and the debut of
Raise Up Your Flag

I hate how Magenta bashed ToQxGaim as being dumb while praising the Kikaider Episode, when the opposite is true..

I don't remember anything about ToQxGaim, whereas I'll never forget Hakaider!Ryouma.

Top Bottom