• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
GIANT SLINKY! GIANT SLINKY!

Sorry, I was watching Gingaman 29 and Hikaru and Hyuuga just got taken by a giant slinky. I know Toei is cheap, but holy shit.

I hope there's an answer to why it's a slinky.

EDIT: Nope... but hey, new Megazords.

shaowebb

Because I tried both Wizard and OOO and Wizard seemed like the better of the two?

QyxNxsu.gif

We will be the bitterest of rivals :D

BatDan

Reports are coming in of people getting their Dairanger DVDs from Shout Factory. Apparently pre-ordering directly from them ensures early delivery. I ordered on Amazon (cheaper) so I won't see it for a while.

QyxNxsu.gif

We will be the bitterest of rivals :D

One of my favorite Ankh GIFs.
... What episode was this from again?

Finished Drive.

Shit Sanjo, you outdid yourself.The last few episodes were just goddamn after goddamn. Shame about the starting 20 or so.

Ghost I'm also feeling a bit of malaise, but that's down to his supporting cast just not working for me. Akari, Onari, and Yurusen just bug me right now. That might lessen as Akari starts to get with the program and the second Rider enters the picture, but with just Takeru and them I find myself skipping through episodes.

Reports are coming in of people getting their Dairanger DVDs from Shout Factory. Apparently pre-ordering directly from them ensures early delivery.

Shout even specifically said if you preordered from them you would get it about 2 weeks early. I got mine from Amazon as well so it's Nov 10th for me too. I'm in no rush, I wore my tape copies out years ago *lol* I'll miss all those commercials though.

Slayven

Finished Drive.

Shit Sanjo, you outdid yourself.The last few episodes were just goddamn after goddamn. Shame about the starting 20 or so.

Ghost I'm also feeling a bit of malaise, but that's down to his supporting cast just not working for me. Akari, Onari, and Yurusen just bug me right now. That might lessen as Akari starts to get with the program and the second Rider enters the picture, but with just Takeru and them I find myself skipping through episodes.

What about Mach styling on Banno?

BatDan

Dino Charge 15

Admittedly, I feel "Graphite Ranger" is a better name than "Gray Ranger". Considering there's a Silver Ranger coming next year, it makes things easier as well.
Though the blue arms are weird, it's going to really clash with any Kyoryuger footage they use (more so than Less-Shiny Gold and Fury's collar). The use of original footage is great though. I think there was only like 3 minutes of Kyoryuger in there.
Pretty nice to see Prince Phillip go through character development. Started out as a snobby jerk, but then worked his way to becoming a Ranger.

Slayven

Dino Charge 15

Admittedly, I feel "Graphite Ranger" is a better name than "Gray Ranger". Considering there's a Silver Ranger coming next year, it makes things easier as well.
Though the blue arms are weird, it's going to really clash with any Kyoryuger footage they use (more so than Less-Shiny Gold and Fury's collar). The use of original footage is great though. I think there was only like 3 minutes of Kyoryuger in there.
Pretty nice to see Prince Phillip go through character development. Started out as a snobby jerk, but then worked his way to becoming a Ranger.

Yeah the blue arms are just garbage, wonder what happened?

I love watching PR just to see the stunt folks try to hide their faces.

BatDan

Yeah the blue arms are just garbage, wonder what happened?

I love watching PR just to see the stunt folks try to hide their faces.

I wonder if any crazy Sentai purists will have a Chris-chan style meltdown.
"KYORYU GRAY'S ARMS ARE NOT FREAKIN' BLUE!"

shaowebb

Reports are coming in of people getting their Dairanger DVDs from Shout Factory. Apparently pre-ordering directly from them ensures early delivery. I ordered on Amazon (cheaper) so I won't see it for a while.

One of my favorite Ankh GIFs.
... What episode was this from again?

episode 13 "A Siamese Cat, Stress, and the Genius Surgeon"
First half of the show right after the opening. Enjoy :D

NeonZ

I thought this was the best Ghost episode so far. There were a few oddities if you stop to think about it too much, but it was certainly an improvement over the previous ones.

Also,
they actually had a flashback to Drive's finale

Slayven

Yo, that final shot where he has the axe and he's talking to the belt? So good. Actually using the axe's "Wait for it!" to build some tension.

When ducked Banno's punch and swerved around him, i howled.

Honestly they could have ended Drive right after that fight and I wouldn't even be mad.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
With all this golf stuff getting in the way it makes me wonder why there isn't a golf-themed ep or a golf-themed toku hero

also I find it weird that it airs exclusively in Asahi, as Pokenchi isn't affected by it.

Sandfox

With all this golf stuff getting in the way it makes me wonder why there isn't a golf-themed ep or a golf-themed toku hero

also I find it weird that it airs exclusively in Asahi, as Pokenchi isn't affected by it.

Fourze did that and Gaim went heavy on soccer during the world cup as I'm sure you already know.

Tiu Neo

A Sports themed sentai or Kamen Rider would be cool. We could even get the return of the Ball finisher, if it`s a sentai!

Hey TokuGAF, I was wondering if any of you guys would recommend watching Garo and if so which series/films should I watch?

I always loved Power Rangers and delved a little bit into a tokusatsu a few years ago when I watched Akiba Rangers & one of the Kamen Rider series (don't remember which one). The newest Garo anime series has gotten me interested in checking out some of the live-action stuff.

Slayven

Hey TokuGAF, I was wondering if any of you guys would recommend watching Garo and if so which series/films should I watch?

I always loved Power Rangers and delved a little bit into a tokusatsu a few years ago when I watched Akiba Rangers & one of the Kamen Rider series (don't remember which one).

Hell yeah Garo is like a fine wine.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oooooh man, Nobunaga Spectre looks so tight.

On the other hand I'm not sold on Tutkhamen Spectre---but I recently heard its "call-out", and it's probably the coolest one in Ghost.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Whoa, the new episode of Ghost literally ripped off the OOOs movie---like they literally re-used a scene and added new effects. :0

In related news about re-using assets, Battride War Genesis' site has updated with pages for a few characters---one interesting thing about Drive is his Ultimate is Formula, not Tridoron. Will the latter be a separate character via DLC?

Also Mach does his full pose during the into scene, and has those awesome shark bullets. Loved those. He gets Dead Heat as his Ultimate as expected.

vareon

Well Ghost 4 seems to be the weakest episode so far. The Ganma's plot is bizarre, Akari almost regressed into her disbelieving self despite all that happened. And wtf with that land-raising plot randomly thrown on a TV episode? That's like finale or movie-worthy stuff.

Best thing is how the sage keeps on trollin'.

NeonZ

Akari almost regressed into her disbelieving self despite all that happened.

I don't think that was the case. She just didn't go all "Anything weird that happens MUST be the work of the villains!"

I thought people made fun of Kotaro for that even though he obviously ends up right since they won't make an episode about the protagonists making a fool of themselves following false leads with no villains around.

Top Bottom