• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The queen is a lost cause, but the old man started off out smarting the ninngers and almost got them a few times. Now he just mainly sits in the back and comments on shit. I thought thye were going somewhere with the new animal themed monsters. But they like the western yokai went nowhere except for new zords

I thought he was dead at one point because I hadn't remembered seeing him in weeks

Unare Jikou Shinkuu Ninnin

I enjoyed this episode, glad they still used BGM from the show like the Hurri/Kaku episode. I was hoping they would use Unare Jikou Shinkuu Ken somewhere but it was great to hear the OP. Kinda surprised they didn't get Takumi Hashimoto to do a little cameo as well. Loved the little chase scene/nod to the OP credits :) 1988 was a good year, gotta remember to show this episode to my dad since we watched this, Liveman and Kamen Rider Black back then.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ghost 3

Wizard 2.0!

In all seriousness, I really love how manic the main cast is---especially Onari. Dude's actor is really going nuts.

I wonder would the SPD cast be down for the adaptation of 10 Years After?

Then I remembered how SPD ended and how Once a Ranger did even more damage of even telling the story in some believable way. What could've been.

In other news, not feeling Robin Hood & OG Jiraiya doing work.

Ghost is starting to form whatever it's going to be and they'll need to get the "plot device" together for characters who aren't of the dead variety in some way that make sense quick. Smart Girl will get it together in 3-5 episodes tops.

I wonder what
the Jiraiya Shuriken is actually supposed to do when activated inside Gekiatsu Dai-Oh?

Slayven

Interesting how the ten years effected the SPD cast. Jasmine, Ban, and Hoji looks the fucking same, Umeko gone from hot young woman to looking like a hot mom, Swan looks a little old, but man Tetsu look like he had some hard years.

And the explantion on why judgement time was so quick was awesomesauce

vareon

Ghost 3

Well Akari dropped her antics and became very likeable. Onari still didn't do much, but his actor seemed to really like playing him and it kinda affects me lol.

Anyway, I guess they're burning through forms? We have 3 already, 4 next week, and probably followed immediately by Spectre. Hopefully things keep on going instead of burning through toys in the first quarter and then do nothing in the middle of the season.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ghost 3

Finally, Akari is no longer Scully. At least she has a new purpose as the tech person of the team.
I'm liking Takeru, hopefully he doesn't lose focus for the victim of the week the villains are trying to kill in order to get Eyecons. ... This does feel a bit like Wizard, hopefully not crap.

Preview for the Movie War at the end shows that Spectre will be here sooner rather than later. Neat.

Ghost 3
The episode is okay overall. I feel like they might be going to fast with the eyecons here with three down already and the fourth one on the way. Akari is improving as a character for me in this one and the supporting cast in general have been really fun here too.

Ghost 3

Well Akari dropped her antics and became very likeable. Onari still didn't do much, but his actor seemed to really like playing him and it kinda affects me lol.

Anyway, I guess they're burning through forms? We have 3 already, 4 next week, and probably followed immediately by Spectre. Hopefully things keep on going instead of burning through toys in the first quarter and then do nothing in the middle of the season.

Ghost 3
The episode is okay overall. I feel like they might be going to fast with the eyecons here with three down already and the fourth one on the way. Akari is improving as a character for me in this one and the supporting cast in general have been really fun here too.

I think the pace of collecting forms is just the result of merchandising aspect of the show. It does tend to dictate how the story goes at times. Like with Drive, Shinnosuke got a new shift car like once a week during the beginning period of the show didn't he (I remember the Christmas episode having all of them lined up on a table)?

Ghost will probably go through a similar brisk collecting pace up until Necromancer shows up or possibly after Spectre this week.

javadoze

Ghost 3

Last week was good, but this week is even better.

-I love how Takeru fights the Ganma inside that museum, then takes it outside under a bridge miles away without a building in sight.

-The side characters are actually doing stuff? Color me surprised!

-I feel like most shows would just keep the whole
"no one can see ghosts"
thing for the side characters until the halfway point. I'm thankful this show did that away before running it thin.

-While the rapid acquisition of eyecons is a bit weird, it comes off as less jarring thanks to the whole collection plot. I'm guessing the introduction of
Specter next week
will mean Takeru stops getting an eyecon every episode.

WarRock

I'm feeling like the "99 days until your permadeath" plot is bull. Something else is going to happen and Sage needs Ghost to hurry.

javadoze

Guys, I've found the cast of Jyuuouger.

tumblr_inline_nwh9brfHjH1qhr70g_540.jpg

Tiu Neo

Guys, I've found the cast of Jyuuouger.

tumblr_inline_nwh9brfHjH1qhr70g_540.jpg

Best Red since... ever?

Ghost 3

The side characters are getting better and better. And they're already fixing things that, imo, could get annoying (like Akari not believing in the supernatural). Things are going so fast, actually, that I'm kinda worried about the later episodes.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ninninger 34

A nice fun episode and Jiraiya was an interesting character.

Also next week episode seem to focusing on Kin turning into a Yo-kai, I actually thought that they have forgotten about that.

Ghost 3

Someone needs to tell Toei that Robin Hood didn't exist. ¬_¬

Anyway I am slowly warming up to the cast and the new Robin Hood form looks really good plus the new reporter was pretty, though I am not a fan of the theme song.

Fuuka said Kasumi was fat, basically.

Liessss!! Kasumi is perfect.

Tiu Neo

Uhhh, yeah, I kinda feel sorry for the children learning history through Ghost.

First Newton episode, which is understandable, and now even stating historical facts about Robin Hood, heh.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being Gaim and 1 being Wizard where would you rank Ghost so far?

Bit early to rank it but based on the 3 episode so far I would say it's a 4.

I don't think that it will ever top W or Drive for me but it should at least be enjoyable.

ReiGun

I'm getting strong Wizard vibes first three in. As in, "cool looking rider and concept, but the cast is doing nothing for me."

vareon

Ninninger 34

Okay so I skipped the entire 20s. There's a new set of Mechs, Star being a ninja, and a new enemy general? What else did I miss?

I follow the episode easily nonetheless (well it's Sentai). Jiraiya was aired on my local TV years ago and I dearly remember that song. This was fun.

WarRock

So on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being Gaim and 1 being Wizard where would you rank Ghost so far?
I'm going to be that guy and give it a 7.

Ninninger 34

Okay so I skipped the entire 20s. There's a new set of Mechs, Star being a ninja, and a new enemy general? What else did I miss?

I follow the episode easily nonetheless (well it's Sentai). Jiraiya was aired on my local TV years ago and I dearly remember that song. This was fun.
29-32 is pretty cool. Kyuuemon ninjas and mech versus the Ninningers were the best thing about the show yet.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Im giving it a 4 so far. The new lead didnt hook me as quickly as tomari and the monk dude needs to tone it down a bit. But unlike wizard there seems to be a moving plot early on and the characters seem to be growing even if a little bit. If ghost doesnt manage to stagnate its characters into one note portrayals, it'll be better than wizard by default

Not even going to call it right now.

By the by, low blow to bring up Wizard.

I do not need to be reminded of all the promise that show had to offer this early.

Reverse of Gaim because none of us ever saw Episode 10 coming.

Watch Da Birdie

The energy Ghost has really took me by surprise, the show seems pretty nuts so far---and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

But Toei's doing pretty good with the historical gimmicks. Just realize Spectre's
Houdini form has elements of an aeroplane, and Houdini was known to be interested in aviation.

Tiu Neo

Still hard to say. 6 or 7? About the same Gaim was for me, probably, at episode 3. I like the support cast in this a lot more than Team Gaim, but I liked Kouta better as a main character back then.

isny

napkin dispenser
How's Ghost going so far? I've watched Double and watched Drive but Ghost doesn't look that exciting. (I've been making my way through Wizard in lieu of watching Drive each week)

The energy Ghost has really took me by surprise, the show seems pretty nuts so far---and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

But Toei's doing pretty good with the historical gimmicks. Just realize Spectre's
Houdini form has elements of an aeroplane, and Houdini was known to be interested in aviation.

One thing I really like about Ghost so far are the neat little attentions to detail, like the Omega Drive/Shoot/Break callouts being a pun about eyes in Japanese, or the Da Vinci Ganma design referencing Da Vinci's famous figure drawing of the male form.

The writer himself said a ways beforehand that that episode would be a fucker. If you mean ep 14

Whatever episode that had all of us like WTF?!

Actually, we were all like WTF?! while that real shit was building in the background.

Did we ever think that at the time You Got Served! Pokemon Edition would turn into one of the best Rider shows ever? Nope.

Watch Da Birdie

It's also fun guessing what the Ganma are supposed to be, stuff like the giant Electric Ganma being a reference to the Philadelphia Experiment probably, or the recent one I assume meant to be Geronimo.

One thing I really like about Ghost so far are the neat little attentions to detail, like the Omega Drive/Shoot/Break callouts being a pun about eyes in Japanese, or the Da Vinci Ganma design referencing Da Vinci's famous figure drawing of the male form.

Da Vinci Ganma has like every Da Vinci thing incorporated into him, doesn't he?

Top Bottom