• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

vareon

I think the only way they can do it justice, without having bogged with too many characters (since people are gonna ask why is Rider ____ isn't in the game!?) and have a proper development time is make a Kamen Rider 1 game.

3-4 years development time, no need to follow the hype of the current show because Kamen Rider 1 is eternal.

Slayven

We need another Toku SRPG. They can shit out those Giant Robo ones all day long but not a Sentai/Kamen Rider/Metal Hero one?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
What is this "season 18" of mighty morphing on Netflix? Looks to be the same show just they added weird graphics everywhere?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What is this "season 18" of mighty morphing on Netflix? Looks to be the same show just they added weird graphics everywhere?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers "The Re-version"
After RPM ended and Disney still had the rights, they tried to get a few more dollars out of it, this time banking on nostalgia. So they re-aired MMPR Season 1, but with several changes.
Flashy effects, 60's Batman style onomatopoeia, introductory title cards, padding sequences (like Zack Dance Party) and censorship (Dragonzord Battle Mode's drill was the most noticeable)

This page shows all the different changes
It only happened for the first 32 episodes.

Tiu Neo

I'm on episode 2 of Fourze, and Gen is already high on my favorite protagonist list. Hope he doesn't get worse, or boring, like Kouta.

Getting Dekaranger flashbacks with the whole Gen and Kengo relationship.

WillyFive

I'm on episode 2 of Fourze, and Gen is already high on my favorite protagonist list. Hope he doesn't get worse, or boring, like Kouta.

Gen is the rock and heart of the show, he stays the same as the world around him changes.

WarRock

Besides the dumb Magnet States debut episode, he only gets better. And EVEN better with the movies.

GUIS announced they will be finishing off Bioman soon, finishing off their v2's of Liveman, and then starting up work on Changeman and Flashman. Changeman will have a new script as well. Pretty sweet. Let's hope they keep up this pace, as Bioman ep 41 just got released tonight as well.

Pluto

GUIS announced they will be finishing off Bioman soon, finishing off their v2's of Liveman, and then starting up work on Changeman and Flashman. Changeman will have a new script as well. Pretty sweet. Let's hope they keep up this pace, as Bioman ep 41 just got released tonight as well.
There is a god after all, this news makes me so happy right now.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Does anybody remember what Dekaranger episode ends with Deka Blue, in suit, in the rain?

I don't remember if there's a girl that's crying because they killed the man she loved or if blue was into the girl and she was the villain.

I remember that was a pretty cool episode, but I don't remember which one is it and that's not enough to trigger a good google search, it seems...

ReiGun

Does anybody remember what Dekaranger episode ends with Deka Blue, in suit, in the rain?

I don't remember if there's a girl that's crying because they killed the man she loved or if blue was into the girl and she was the villain.

I remember that was a pretty cool episode, but I don't remember which one is it and that's not enough to trigger a good google search, it seems...

Episode 37: Hard Boiled License.

Tiu Neo

One of the best episodes, imo.

The girl
was blue's girlfriend, and the guy blue kills was her brother. Who was killing other women to find an antidote/ease the pain of her sister's sickness.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Besides the dumb Magnet States debut episode, he only gets better. And EVEN better with the movies.

I don't seem to remember what made him dumb there. Elaborate?

Also I laugh that he didn't brefriend the creepy stalker nerd.

WarRock

I don't seem to remember what made him dumb there. Elaborate?

Also I laugh that he didn't brefriend the creepy stalker nerd.
He spent almost the whole episode
crying in the roof because he thought Kengo was mad at him and then they couldn't separate the North/South magnet switches
or some crap like that. Both characters were just written in a very weird and exaggerated way that episode.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
He spent almost the whole episode
crying in the roof because he thought Kengo was mad at him and then they couldn't separate the North/South magnet switches
or some crap like that. Both characters were just written in a very weird and exaggerated way that episode.

Oh yeah I remember that. It was really weird.

I think the only other bad thing in Fourze is they rushed the horoscopes towards the end.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dino Charge 16

Bonds breaking everywhere! Oh the humanity!
Very good use of the Kyoryuger plot while also changing it up. That's how you do it.
Also, nice trick to swap clothes.
I'm still distracted by not-shiny Gold though. Is it lighting or suit decay?

Next week begins the
New Zealand arc

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Honestly ghost would be the best series to have a female rider in

Is amelia earhart a planned eyecon?

gagi, gagi, gagi!
God save the queen!
The Iron Lady!

Margret Thatcher Soul

That would be the best ever.

Honestly ghost would be the best series to have a female rider in

Is amelia earhart a planned eyecon?

The Full List so far:

Ghost
Musashi
Edison
Newton
Billy the Kid
Beethoven
Benkei

Ghost Fighting Spirit
Geomon
Ryoma
Himiko

Ghost Special (Ganbaride, Toys, DVD)
Santa
Ikkyu
Kamehameha

Spectre
Tutankhamun
Nobunaga
Houdini

Necrom
Grimm
Sanzo

Leaked Audio from Belt
Shotaro Ishinomori
Pythagoras
Nightingale
Shakespeare
Darwin
Columbus
Napoleon
Da Vinci
Galileo

javadoze

tumblr_nxgxgkm7Ma1utj85ho3_1280.jpg

Can we just skip Jyuuouger and have a Kishidan Sentai show next year?

Tiu Neo

Finished Kamen Rider Black.

It was great, for the most part. The Bilgenia episodes got a bit boring, after some time, but everything after Shadow Moon was great. The story was a lot darker than nowdays riders, with the enemies mutating people and Kotaro being a mutant himself. However, some plot points could be better used (like the whole Gorgom political party thing). I didn't remember the ending, and apparently it was because... it never aired here on Brazil? At least that was the only subbed episode for me.

I watched the Brazilian dub version, and the translation is kinda weird some times, but in general it's good. Some changed names were strange, and translating Black Sun as Mister Black was... heh.

I can say now that this series is still one of my favorites, not just nostalgia.

After finishing Gaoranger I'll start RX and another sentai. I remember not liking RX that much, but... let's see.

BTA

Pretty sad that a lot of toku shows have premises that would make sense as games, but never take advantage of it.

I'd still dream of something like an open-world Rider game once in a while.

My dream game would be a Rider-style superhero open world game. I don't think it's ever likely to happen (and if it did it'd probably be too dark/serious rather than the level of humor/charm that I'd want), but still.

I enjoyed Battride War a lot but never got very far into 2 (though I only finished 1 due to 2 coming out, so I'll probably do the same for this). I'll be picking this up for PS4 and may or may not go for the music special edition like I did for the first two, since if they focus on Showa songs over even more Heisei ones I won't exactly be getting much out of it.

Also, it'd be really nice if they'd actually finally add multiplayer, but I'm not even expecting that much.

EDIT: I dunno if they've announced all of the tracks yet, but going by the official sites, the changes between the song edition for this and 2 are kinda weird. It looks like they've dropped movie songs (which makes enough sense) and are using the original versions of some themes (which bothers me as I prefer the Den-Liner version of Climax Jump, but if the focus is on first episodes it makes sense and I'd forgotten that it was technically there because of Climax Deka anyway). The problem is that they've apparently also dropped the songs for some forms in favor of the songs for the secondary Riders. It kinda sucks that they didn't just give us both instead of replacing them, cause I'm all for getting BEASTBITE, for example, but I'd rather not lose Cosmic Mind, Extreme Dream, Supernova, and Missing Piece in the process.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
My dream game would be a Rider-style superhero open world game. I don't think it's ever likely to happen (and if it did it'd probably be too dark/serious rather than the level of humor/charm that I'd want), but still.

I enjoyed Battride War a lot but never got very far into 2 (though I only finished 1 due to 2 coming out, so I'll probably do the same for this). I'll be picking this up for PS4 and may or may not go for the music special edition like I did for the first two, since if they focus on Showa songs over even more Heisei ones I won't exactly be getting much out of it.

Also, it'd be really nice if they'd actually finally add multiplayer, but I'm not even expecting that much.

The Battride War Genesis premium edition song list has been out for a week or so now. The Showas generally only have one song each.

WarRock

Rent-a-Hero nº1? Kiiinda.

Top Bottom