• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ninninger 37

That was too good. So many Dragon Quest/RPG references. Ra's mirror, the coffins, the gadabout job (though that's likely OT's translation choice, still a good one). Also, a 2015 game with an instruction manual. Now that's rare.
It'd be nice if Nagi was the Last Ninja, but I know plot bullshit will still make Takaharu the winner...

Next week
YELLOW THUNDER!

WarRock

Ninninger 36
Didn't Kinji recover way too fast? The other Ninningers didn't even finish fighting Masakage wtf. This whole Youkai-Kin arc felt rushed =/

At least the power up is great! Haven't seen a minimal visual upgrade like Super Star in a long time. The red sword looks awesome.

And, does the dragon chasing the other animals means anything?
dZRqo3w.jpg

Ninninger 37
This is so silly and I love it. Nagi and Kin in the cart, hehe. Were the kids playing Gunslinger Stratos?

Anyway, not convinced in Nagi yet, but I'm glad he's receiving some focus and development instead of Takaharu and Yakumo.

Tiu Neo

Ninninger 37

ALL THOSE REFERENCES, HAHAHA. And the Bell Peper costume again!

Nagi for Last Ninja!

Kinji, what are you doing, again?

ahdurian

Nin37

God damn that was a fun episode

Also, for next week
is Hiroya Matsumoto basically like the JDF of Tokusatsu?i mean....that WAY BETTER version of JDF

ReiGun

Spoiler for next week's Ninninger:
Really glad they decided to have Yakumo's magic teacher be one of the Magiranger. Though, I should have figured it, this being an anniversary series and all.

I got home from the hospital today after visitng my wife, and this was at my doorstep. Makes all the stress of the past few days feel a little bit better, no thanks to Amazon for botching the release date... this will be something to show my new twins once they get older. Hard to believe they are almost a week old now.

Tiu Neo

Ninninger 37
This was a fun episode overall. I hope that the other Ninningers get more character focus in the coming episodes.

A Fuuka focus episode, without Takaharu involved, would be cool. Those are silly, but fun.

It's been some time since Kasumi and Yakumo got a focus episode too. With Yakumo being next week, maybe we can expect Kasumi soon? The episode ending also hinted another Kinji focus soon, too...

WarRock

I got home from the hospital today after visitng my wife, and this was at my doorstep. Makes all the stress of the past few days feel a little bit better, no thanks to Amazon for botching the release date... this will be something to show my new twins once they get older. Hard to believe they are almost a week old now.
Oi, congratulations man =)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm behind on Ninninger, which episode was the one where Yakumo wanted to fuck the bee chick? That was where I left off.

I swear the reason we're getting Ghost so late from Over-Time is they're spending hours creating the perfect release image lol.

BatDan

I'm behind on Ninninger, which episode was the one where Yakumo wanted to fuck the bee chick? That was where I left off.

I swear the reason we're getting Ghost so late from Over-Time is they're spending hours creating the perfect release image lol.

Episode 33
34 is great, it has Jiraiya (the Metal Hero, not the Kakuranger)

Looking at the episode list, next week is the third episode about Yakumo and love. What the hell?
First was the Yokai he loved, which turned out to be his lawnmower.
Then there was the Yokai that loved him
And next week it's a kid witch that has a precocious crush on him.
This is a weird theme!

BatDan

Ghost 6

I think Beethoven might be my favorite form so far. It's so majestic.
Essentially another "hero has confidence issues, gets a major boost at the end" episode. Twas alright.
One of Specter's Eyecons is apparently his sister. Hmmm...

Next week looks to have
some explanation on what the hell's going on

A Fuuka focus episode, without Takaharu involved, would be cool. Those are silly, but fun.

It's been some time since Kasumi and Yakumo got a focus episode too. With Yakumo being next week, maybe we can expect Kasumi soon? The episode ending also hinted another Kinji focus soon, too...

I think we might get Kasumi in a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure. Next weeks one is going to be really interesting to say at least.

Tiu Neo

I think we might get Kasumi in a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure. Next weeks one is going to be really interesting to say at least.

Never watched Magiranger, but I like Jin on Go-Busters, so it'll be interesting.

Btw, now I'm a bit more far away on both Liveman and RX (episode 7 on both), and I can say...

RX is better than I thought! Could be another series, for sure, since from ep. 2 forwards, the only thing this has in common with Black right now is the main character. I can understand why I didn't like it that much when I was a kid, because of that.
And yeah, I still remember that Shadow Moon comes back later, somehow. But the whole series tone is so different, that I can't really imagine how it will be.

Liveman... I love how older sentai could go from total drama to total silly from one scene to another. That dinossaur episode was... something. Pretty good series, even if the characters were not much for me at the begining, they are slowly growing on me.

Were the kids playing Gunslinger Stratos?

Rise of Incarnates.

Surprising, the fake Gundam Vs. game that none of the US Gundam Vs. fans were feeling in the slightest that's about to die is getting time on Ninnin like that. The last time I remember a show of force like that was when Chiaki was playing Bloodline Rebellion.

Speaking of GS, Reloaded's been in beta for 6 months and I had no clue. Damn! Time to wait for something to happen with School of Ragnarok.

In other news, again Kinji. I just don't want the twist to it to be underwhelming. It involves the endgame somehow.

That there Spectre. I'm feeling him. They need to get to whatever comes next in the plot. No way Takeruto believes in himself that hard to collect the rest of the Eyecons in what started as time but now seems to be disappearing in large quantities for whatever damn reason. I think a month has passed in the span of the last 3 episodes when maybe a week and half during the first 3.

P.S: I miss Climax Heroes. I just needed to say that.

WarRock

Ghost 6
Some hooks for the bigger picture, more Takeru development (and nice moments for the side characters as a whole) and PLOT next week. Wonder if Takeru will actually beat Spectre for the first time to get the next form?

Rise of Incarnates.

Surprising, the fake Gundam Vs. game that none of the US Gundam Vs. fans were feeling in the slightest that's about to die is getting time on Ninnin like that. The last time I remember a show of force like that was when Chiaki was playing Bloodline Rebellion.
Holy shit, for real, it's fucking RoI!? How did that even happen, someone in the production staff is a fan?
The best thing about RoI is that the game is being killed and yet it got an VGA nomination

P.S: I miss Climax Heroes. I just needed to say that.
Who doesn't? )=

vareon

So in 6 episodes of Kamen Rider Ghost, we have:

Ghost Ore
Musashi
Edison
Newton
Robin Hood
Spectre
Nobunaga
Tutankhamen
Beethoven

And next episode we'll get Billy The Kid.

That's a lot of design, yo.

You have twins! Congrats!

Tiu Neo

So in 6 episodes of Kamen Rider Ghost, we have:

Ghost Ore
Musashi
Edison
Newton
Robin Hood
Spectre
Nobunaga
Tutankhamen
Beethoven

And next episode we'll get Billy The Kid.

That's a lot of design, yo. !

And I hope I'm wrong but... nothing of this will be used when he gets the final form.

Thanks, my wife went to her weekly visit on Wed, and they told her to go straight to the hospital and by 11:04 and 11:05PM we had our twins :)

Congrats, man!

WarRock

I just hope the final form isn't another "all forms in one". Even though Drive did it in a really cool way, I prefer original powers/evolution of previous ones.
That's the one thing that Wizard didn't mess up even though Infinity's power set is basically plot armor.

Holy shit, for real, it's fucking RoI!? How did that even happen, someone in the production staff is a fan?
The best thing about RoI is that the game is being killed and yet it got an VGA nomination

It's a game by NamcoBandai. Think about it past that truth and you're thinking too hard.

Who doesn't? )=

I need a primer subject bad. I needed to say that too.

Thanks, my wife went to her weekly visit on Wed, and they told her to go straight to the hospital and by 11:04 and 11:05PM we had our twins :)

Congrats!

BatDan

Congrats on the kids Rory.

I just hope the final form isn't another "all forms in one". Even though Drive did it in a really cool way, I prefer original powers/evolution of previous ones.
That's the one thing that Wizard didn't mess up even though Infinity's power set is basically plot armor.

Considering Ghost's theme is "historical figures", who would be the ultimate form?
Maybe that's what
Ishinomori
form is, it gives Takeru the ability to
rewrite Kamen Rider history
. Though, that would be OP as fuck...

WarRock

It's a game by NamcoBandai. Think about it past that truth and you're thinking too hard.
Even then, seems pretty random.

I need a primer subject bad. I needed to say that too.
I don't remember whose primers you did for Climax Heroes already. Are you planning to pick up Daemon Bride for PSP?

Considering Ghost's theme is "historical figures", who would be the ultimate form?
Maybe that's what
Ishinomori
form is, it gives Takeru the ability to
rewrite Kamen Rider history
. Though, that would be OP as fuck...
Could be some sort of mythological figure or philosophical aspect that deals with the dead/ transcendence (oh, that's kinda Ninnin's thing now huh?). I really doubt we are seeing
Ishinomori outside of the movies.

I don't remember whose primers you did for Climax Heroes already. Are you planning to pick up Daemon Bride for PSP?

Go and take a look when you get a second. If you see some glaring omission or a character you're curious about then let me know.

And that Daemon Bride for PSP was something that got canceled back in '09 and if how Project Cerberus ended up on PSP is any indication of what it could've been then we were better for it. I want somebody to just drop the Naomi version so I can play that game like it was meant to be played. If you want to play Vanilla there are ways you can do that. The last time I heard anything was Examu was trying to get Additional Gain on Steam. I really hope they do though.

WarRock

Go and take a look when you get a second. If you see some glaring omission or a character you're curious about then let me know.

And that Daemon Bride for PSP was something that got canceled back in '09 and if how Project Cerberus ended up on PSP is any indication of what it could've been then we were better for it. I want somebody to just drop the Naomi version so I can play that game like it was meant to be played. If you want to play Vanilla there are ways you can do that. The last time I heard anything was Examu was trying to get Additional Gain on Steam. I really hope they do though.
Ah, good to know about the port. Checking your channel, looks like you didn't do a a primer on Amazon or the new Hibiki Riders..?

Tiu Neo

Ghost 06

Thanks god we didn't have to live with more than two episodes of emo Takeru. Specter is being more a pain in the ass than anything, but it looks like this will change soon, too.

The plot is taking form, good.

Never watched Magiranger, but I like Jin on Go-Busters, so it'll be interesting.

Btw, now I'm a bit more far away on both Liveman and RX (episode 7 on both), and I can say...

RX is better than I thought! Could be another series, for sure, since from ep. 2 forwards, the only thing this has in common with Black right now is the main character. I can understand why I didn't like it that much when I was a kid, because of that.
And yeah, I still remember that Shadow Moon comes back later, somehow. But the whole series tone is so different, that I can't really imagine how it will be.

Liveman... I love how older sentai could go from total drama to total silly from one scene to another. That dinossaur episode was... something. Pretty good series, even if the characters were not much for me at the begining, they are slowly growing on me.
I would suggest you watch the couple episodes of Magiranger to see if you like or not. He did appear in the Boukenger vs Super Sentai if I recall correctly.

Tiu Neo

I liked him on Boukenger vs Super Sentai, he was pretty cool.

Dunno if I can juggle watching a fourth series at the same time, but maybe I'll watch a few episodes if I have some free time this weekend.

Tiu Neo

Work is kinda heavy here this weekend, but I watched a couple chapters of Magiranger between activities. It looks pretty cool. I think I'll try to watch it together with the other series I'm watching right now.

shaowebb

#TripleDaGODExplainsItAll Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes Kamen Rider Amazon Primer

Thanks for the focused push in the lab! It is very appreciated! Enjoy and learn everyone!

Yoooooooooo! My man Triple DAGOD bumping the Chou Climax Heroes thread with new primers!? My God I thought X-mas wasn't for another month and here you are already handing out presents to folks. :)

zOVSn56.gif

^ That aint sped up and that aint even the optimized version of what he shows you Amazon is capable of in that primer folks. Always watch these. TripledaGOD knows whats up with this game and goes in deep to show you just how much potential there is in the cast's tools and I've said it before...Amazon is a damned MONSTER in this game once you realize what he has. His pressure game easily is up there as one of the best with things like Accel Trial form shenanigans and whatever else requires a final form to make possible.

Seriously played this game for a whole year straight as my go to. Just that much combo and dirt to find. Max difficulty, min damage, no climax time for LIFE.

BatDan

Dino Charge 18

I've been hit with heavy snow so my cable box went out for a minute. Thankfully it looks like I didn't miss much.

We've got Plesio Zord and Plesio Charge Megazord. Lynn and company still do a great job of using the footage as a tool and not a crutch.
I kind of forgot that Shelby's whole thing is that she loved dinosaurs. When she started gushing over the paleontologist I remembered that was one of her traits. Kind of good on the crew for not hammering that in every episode.
I was kind of surprised the paleontologist knew what Power Rangers were. Rare to see that.

From what I've heard, next week will be 19, then the Christmas special in two weeks, and the finale in three.
Then we do it all over again. Starting in February, handful of episodes, stupidly long hiatus, spoilers from France, long awaited return in September. Come on Saban, you need to get away from Nickelodeon, they don't care about anything but Spongebob.

Yoooooooooo! My man Triple DAGOD bumping the Chou Climax Heroes thread with new primers!? My God I thought X-mas wasn't for another month and here you are already handing out presents to folks. :)

I deliver 25 hours a day, 8 days a week and 367 days of the year! Thought you knew! Santa's got nothing on The One & Only!

I'm glad you got something out of it and I hope others do too. I get the warm feeling of knowing I've given something back to something I've enjoyed! We all win.

Hopefully the next one isn't as far out as this one was.

Top Bottom