• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
wait what

Sorry, I was a bit mistaken. It's Jark Midla who refers to himself as such.

tumblr_mjqkirLgab1qdiw9jo2_1280.png

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
My favorite HK-ism is "The people doesn't know, the people doesn't realize, like the shadow to combat evil!" from the Hurricanger roll-call.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
EMLSW09.jpg

If I'm not wrong, it's the beautiful result of auto-translating a text twice.

R2, do you is fucking?

I still remember some great One Piece HK sub moments.
"I smelted the edge on the goog"
"He dive like a crazy beef!"
"We can't break through the hymen this way!"

BatDan

Ghost 5

57 Days?! Was that a mistranslation or did we seriously just skip ahead a month where nothing happened?
Spectre's theme is godlike. That bass line man.
King Tut form has a scythe! Yes! Yes! I wanted a scythe this season! More for the final form but this works!

I lost it at the Beethoven form jingle. DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUN

Tiu Neo

Ghost 5

Whoa, that's a big timeskip. But, well, things were looking too easy before, so yeah.

Dat Specter Henshin pose.

Ninninger 36

That was fast. Kinji was a Yokai for, what, 3 minutes total?

Oboroguruma... was that Kazuki Yao? I'm pretty sure it was, it's one of the few Japanese VA's I can recognise.

Next: ...Dragon Quest Ninninger? May be funny.

Super
Nagi
already? Interesting.

BatDan

Ninninger 36

So. Much. POWER!
Super Star Ninger! (I get it), Ha-Oh Gekiatsu Dai-oh!
And hey, we got to see Tsugomori do something awesome after spending several episodes just sitting on his ass. I imagine he's going to continue after this though...
Another Kazuki Yao monster, always cool to hear him outside of One Piece.

Next week looks amazing though.
RPG Sentai Dragonquestger

Oh man, we're close to the Ninninger vs ToQger movie? No idea how to feel about that one. I know a lot of people hate the Ninningers, but I like them better than the ToQgers at least.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ghost was weird, episode felt really incomplete outside of Spectre being a total boss. I really think for once this would've been better as a two-parter to flesh out the school plot more alongside the Spectre debut.

javadoze

Ghost 5

-Juicy kid deserves better, but then again, I cracked up when he showed up at the temple and had orange juice.

-Really liked Takeru using Newton against the Western Ganma to make it drop bullets in mid-air. I dunno, I just really like how unique all of Ghost and Specter's forms are and how they're used.

-MOTORCYCLE FIGHT!
Hopefully not the last.

Though the serial plot for the episode wasn't that great (juicy kid being the only memorable thing about it), I'm guessing Takeru's self-doubt and fight with Specter will carry on next episode. That said, Specter had a great debut (not counting last week) by being legitimately threatening by
winning two fights against Takeru and stealing the Edison Eyecon.

EDIT:

Here's a sneak-peek at Kishidan's music video for Ghost's OP.

IT'S KISHIDAN HANGING OUT AND BEATING UP DUDES AND STUFF!

#KishidanForSentai2016

Slayven

Ghost 5

-Juicy kid deserves better, but then again, I cracked up when he showed up at the temple and had orange juice.

-Really liked Takeru using Newton against the Western Ganma to make it drop bullets in mid-air. I dunno, I just really like how unique all of Ghost and Specter's forms are and how they're used.

-MOTORCYCLE FIGHT!
Hopefully not the last.

Though the serial plot for the episode wasn't that great (juicy kid being the only memorable thing about it), I'm guessing Takeru's self-doubt and fight with Specter will carry on next episode. That said, Specter had a great debut (not counting last week) by being legitimately threatening by
winning two fights against Takeru and stealing the Edison Eyecon.

EDIT:

Here's a sneak-peek at Kishidan's music video for Ghost's OP.

IT'S KISHIDAN HANGING OUT AND BEATING UP DUDES AND STUFF!

#KishidanForSentai2016

He was a Mafia Ganma

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
He was a Mafia Ganma

Yeah, I mean he basically pulled a drive-by---although was his car visible, or did everyone see it as a car being driven by itself?

I guess he was meant to be Bugs Moran since it looked like he was some kind of ant creature. But what was up with the tissue paper?

NeonZ

I guess he was meant to be Bugs Moran since it looked like he was some kind of ant creature. But what was up with the tissue paper?

That's just the generic Ganma face, not anything specific to him. I assumed it was meant to be Al Capone, since he's the most famous one and associated with that look with a hat, but it really could be any prohibition era gangster. Unless there's one known for wearing a rose on his suit. It could just be a reference to a practice of sending flowers to the funeral of their victims though (so, since he's dead, he wears a flower rather a handkerchief).

Tiu Neo

Finished Gaorangers.

It wasn't bad. It wasn't great, too. Had some nice moments, and weird pacing on some parts. The characters weren't bad.

The power animals thing that gave birth to current day varied mechas and forms was better in this than on most recent sentai, actually, imo.

javadoze

He was a Mafia Ganma

I feel so silly for how obvious it was in retrospect. I guess I mixed it up with Ghost's Billy the Kid form (which doesn't even debut until
episode 7
).

Yeah, I mean he basically pulled a drive-by---although was his car visible, or did everyone see it as a car being driven by itself?

That's just the generic Ganma face, not anything specific to him. I assumed it was meant to be Al Capone, since he's the most famous one and associated with that look with a hat, but it really could be any prohibition era gangster. Unless there's one known for wearing a rose on his suit. It could just be a reference to a practice of sending flowers to the funeral of their victims though (so, since he's dead, he wears a flower rather a handkerchief).

latest

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ninninger 36

- I really like Kin's new red sword.
-I also like the music that played when he became Super Star Ninger.
-I also liked it how Taka used the Lion-oh so he would be left out.

Also next week episode looks to be another Nagi focus episode.

Ghost 5

-Takeru first defeat and he's learning about what it means to be a true hero.
-I really like Specter and his henshin pose, I also like his jacket as well.

Honestly not a bad episode but I feel that it would have benefited from being a two parter.

Though it looks like that Ghost is getting a new form next week.

WarRock

Probably they just waited, so people thought it was parked car.

Tiu Neo

Starting two new series today: Liveman and Black RX.

Kinda know what to expect from RX, and Liveman sounds interesting.

EDIT: ...was Yutaka Hirose a villain on every sentai back then?

Mr-Joker

Banned
Starting two new series today: Liveman and Black RX.

Kinda know what to expect from RX, and Liveman sounds interesting.

EDIT: ...was Yutaka Hirose a villain on every sentai back then?

Not watched Black RX but god damn it has the best opening theme, so heroic.

NeonZ

Whoa, the difference in production values for Black and RX is notable. RX probably had some production values!

RX had more merchandising to push and flashier battles, but they overuse the rock quarry location to a ridiculous extent.

javadoze

So some more news about Kamen Rider Drive / Chase Gaiden has popped up and the new Viral Core
is a new form for Chase that's essentially a Gold Version of Machine Chaser.

Furthermore, in terms of more Drive-related stuff (Movie War Genesis spoilers)
Shin and Kiriko are getting married.

...Chase has had a hard life.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Just got caught up with Ninnin and Ghost.

Ninnin - Super Kinji is awesome, I want that red ichibantou!!!

Ghost - Specter is so coooooool way cooler than Ghost. That scythe weapon is bad ass.

BatDan

Dino Charge 17

Great episode.
I heard all the New Zealand praise (and the tour at the beginning) is part of a grant Saban received for filming there. The catch is they have to show New Zealand as this awesome place. It would explain why the show looks like it has a budget now (well okay, the real reason is that Judd Lynn cares about the show and Tzachor was a hack)
I liked Albert, interesting to see an old man Ranger even if it was for one episode. Good way of incorporating that KyoryuViolet was also an old man. Although, nice job spoiling his missing eye was fake during the morphing sequence guys.

Slightly unrelated but isn't the plural for Bigfoot "Bigfeet"? It would make more sense.

I imagine the scene at the end will happen at the end of the series, with Keeper unbounding all the Energems. I can't see the Dino Charge Rangers being ageless teens after this.

Top Bottom