• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I wonder what will happen to the Tridoron car. Wil it get refitted for another vehicle to use? Will it be impounded for sale?

vareon

So I wonder what will happen to the Tridoron car. Wil it get refitted for another vehicle to use? Will it be impounded for sale?

This made me realize Toei's costumes and props warehouse must be gigantic. How many of them are they churning each year?

Pluto

How do we get rid of TV-Nihon and stupid people that think they're better because FLASHY!?
Just let people watch TVN releases, who cares? If they like the flashy style that's fine.

Some weird or even wrong translations ... eh, it's toku, people can watch it raw and get the gist of the story without speaking japanese, I doubt a few mistranslated lines are going to ruin the experience.

Just let people watch TVN releases, who cares? If they like the flashy style that's fine.

Some weird or even wrong translations ... eh, it's toku, people can watch it raw and get the gist of the story without speaking japanese, I doubt a few mistranslated lines are going to ruin the experience.

I think its important to encourage good translation, because why not squeeze everything out of a series that you can? It also means we won't get lackadaisical subbing should an official release come around. Didn't you see that ShoutFactory asked people what fansubs they should look to for inspiration on official DVD translations?

I'd kill myself if I had to deal with TV-N "O baka-chan-tachi" shit everywhere.

NeonZ

Probably keep it around. Don't they still have the Ridoron from Black RX?

I don't think they have that. The one in Super Hero Taisen GP was all CG.

How do we get rid of TV-Nihon and stupid people that think they're better because FLASHY!?
I'm not fond of their translation style, but there are still many things that are subbed only by them, when you look outside of the tv shows themselves - like the second set of Gaim Gaidens or even the Lupin Drive special.

vareon

Still better than what they did to the girls on Shinkenger's final mecha. :(

Samurai Haoh is a special kind of amazing. I don't think anything else matched its level of clusterfuck.

t1HpvSl.png

Boss Doggie

poor turtle and bear origami, it's like "oh shit we forgot they were supposed to be part of this" and so they stuck them to the side lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dino Super Charge 4

Pretty good episode. Major character development for Chase (realizing how selfish he can be), and some progress in Tyler's quest to find his dad.

We also meet Endorf's counterpart, Singe. His voice is too good. I'm so glad it's not the usual "growly" voice they tend to overdo. I like that they even kept his rivalry with Fury.

Not a fan of the Rangers referring to themselves as "Dino Super Charge" even though there's nothing "Super" going on. Damn marketing.

WillyFive

ZyOhger 2

Wow, this show might be good. There's conflict and drama (and they don't appear paper-thin) and that fight actually felt new!

Delio

Tyler kissing Shelby on the cheek this week on Dino charge yay for slow burn relationship!

Singe is awesome as well. Just love him shooting without abandon and actually hurting a bystander. Evil man.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Zyoh ep 2 was good! Wonder if the continue with the destructive nature of the enemies? Also surprised the smaller ep2 budget still brought about some relatively cool action scenes. (Putting that drone camera to good use!)

Amu is too cute.

jwk94

Tyler kissing Shelby on the cheek this week on Dino charge yay for slow burn relationship!

Singe is awesome as well. Just love him shooting without abandon and actually hurting a bystander. Evil man.

Yep, loving Singe so far. His design looks really good in the american footage.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Just saw antman, and its much better than i thought it was gonna be, even with the hype it received here. But one thing that i couldnt shake, is that even though antman looks like a kamen rider, so does yellow jacket. In fact, yellow jacket looks like he could easily be another rider from ghost. Remove the transparent yellow lenses, and hes another ghost faceplate

JSoup

Banned
How did I not know we had a community thread for this before now?
I've only seen the first episode so far, but the Cube Beasts are the more adorable things I've seen in a long while. I might buy my first Sentai mech since Go-Busters.

Boss Doggie

I just realized DiEnd is probably the only secondary rider that didn't get shafted... but then at the same time he ended up being a crappy character who had no solid goal.

Slayven

He'll eventually get clowned like Leangle before him.
There needs to be another spider based Kamen Rider

Just saw antman, and its much better than i thought it was gonna be, even with the hype it received here. But one thing that i couldnt shake, is that even though antman looks like a kamen rider, so does yellow jacket. In fact, yellow jacket looks like he could easily be another rider from ghost. Remove the transparent yellow lenses, and hes another ghost faceplate
I really need to see it,

I just realized DiEnd is probably the only secondary rider that didn't get shafted... but then at the same time he ended up being a crappy character who had no solid goal.

The series just didn't last long enough to see him getting shafted proper.
Yall forgot the SentaixRider movie where he becomes the villain because Decade didn't say hi to him or something.

The one with Sad Joe?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yall forgot the SentaixRider movie where he becomes the villain because Decade didn't say hi to him or something.

The one with Sad Joe?

Seriously. Kaito spends almost the entirety of that movie as virtually the main protagonist (like 85% of SHT is basically the Kaito/Joe/Hina Show, hell even Fourze gets shafted, and he was the currently airing Rider at the time), and then he completely flips in the last 10 minutes for the flimsiest of reasons.

Man, SHT was horrible.

WarRock

Hey, how's that movie about a tokusatsu actor called again?

I felt the exact same thing, about the movie itself and the designs. Except I thought Yellow Jacket was more of a Kabuto rider.

It was really weird that they went in that direction of the suits, but still love them in the end.

Pluto

ZyuOhger 02

Very cute episode. Is Natto really as nasty as the end of the episode makes it out to be?
Some friends and I met a group of japanese students at university a few years ago and after some time someone mentioned natto, half of the japanese guys acted like it was the best thing ever while the other half looked like they wanted to barf just thinking about it, so I guess it depends on who you ask.

ReiGun

He really reminded me of Edison when I watched the movie.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Part of me wants to see Marvel and Toei partner up to do a big budget Kamen Rider.

Tiu Neo

Saw the Decade x W movie. The ending was... well, at least it was an ending for Decade.

W looks cool on this movie. The mentor/dead Rider is awesome, too. My friend was so impressed by it that she wants to watch W, after Hibiki. Finally, because I was kinda pushing to watch it even before we watched Fourze, but there was some reason she didn't want to, don't really remember why.

jwk94

Saw the Decade x W movie. The ending was... well, at least it was an ending for Decade.

W looks cool on this movie. The mentor/dead Rider is awesome, too. My friend was so impressed by it that she wants to watch W, after Hibiki. Finally, because I was kinda pushing to watch it even before we watched Fourze, but there was some reason she didn't want to, don't really remember why.
A friend who doesn't want to watch W before Fourze is not a friend you need.

That is really weird.

Top Bottom