• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

WillyFive

Yeah I don't know why I wrote it that way.

It would be great to see Kamen Rider like you see it in the manga versions. Without limitations of a budget, Kamen Rider can be really different from what is seen on TV.

You get Riders riding their motorcycles on top of the Golden gate bride; Riders fighting monsters on the wing of a 747, and going to so many cool and visually distinct locations that cannot be mistaken by the same section of forest, the same stadium, and the same city block that Toei films in.

WarRock

The First quality of suits + Marvel studios level of budget + Rider Spirits over the topness and justice delivering.

Oh boy.

Chorazin

Just finished Drive. That definitely started as a way to sell toys, but by the end it was dealing some some kinda heavy shit. I really enjoyed it!

Now to figure out which one to binge next....

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I was wondering why Zyuoh Eagle sword was part of his henshin/roll call.

All the other members have tails constantly, but since he's a human, he doesn't.

So I guess the sword, which transforms into a whip, doubles as his tail/animal form thing that is still around on their non-natural forms (sharks don't have tails).

Also, Zyuohger has a terrible name to spell, goddamn. And I though Kyoryuger was hard.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
trx3j9v.jpg

ShtIE8I.jpg

also it's been a while since we had villains whose mouth moves without cgi

I think Keita Amemiya should license out GARO to Rob Tapert and Sam Raimi so they can do an adaptation on Starz.

And Lucy Lawless can play a recurring character.

Delio

Zyuohger 02

Good episode. Tusk brooding didn't last that long which I liked. Yamato is a great Red so far. On another note how long will the Uncle play dumb to them transforming to animals around him all the time. Not to mention he saw their tails so.

In reguards to the Red with the whip in the roll call I kinda took it as a animal taming whip or something >_>. I'm sure that's not the angle they are going for but it's what I got from it.

Also my crush grows on Tusk. He's just wayyy to cute >.<.

Boss Doggie

Yeah it definitely is an animal trainer motif, hence the whip. In fact when the promos came out I always thought it was "Red and his trained beasts" lol

Can't wait for Sela ep

Tiu Neo

A friend who doesn't want to watch W before Fourze is not a friend you need.

Well, she wants to now, so it's ok... I guess.

That is really weird.

Yeah. I think it was an actor she didn't really like or something. Good that the movie changed her mind.

I don't know a lot about W too, but the support cast looks good. Detective Wannabe and Not-L were good too.

EDIT: Damn, Zyuohger 2 is out already? Nice, will watch tonight.

Chorazin

Man, I should have skipped the Drive movie, this is awful....wait, Ghost? Ok, this just got not as horrible. Oh wait he's gone now. Back to being horrible.

Caught a cold over the weekend, so I think I'll start W today since work was a no-go. Oh and Zyuohger.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 2

Still strong, that's a good sign. The starting bit with the Zyumans going wild in the city was great, and the fact they needed to be leashed was hilarious.
I can't imagine they'll be able to keep their animal forms secret from Mario for that long. Also, a Japanese man named Mario. That's still silly.

I do like that Genis' lips move. Rare for that in a Toku villain. The Dethgaliens do not mess around, lots of brutality and we're only in the second episode.

Awesome action setpiece at the end. Interesting that we're already on a second combination for Zyuoh King, and it has a Rider Kick as a finisher.

WarRock

Zyuohger 2
Okay, the uncle is cool. The shot where we could se all heroes showing off their powers when Red was flying after the Beast Unleashed moment is something I've always wanted. We usually only get individual shots and there's no sense of unity/team. Right after that there's a subversion on the usual "everybody is knocked down by a large ranged attack" with not only all of them dodging, but also working to pin the monster's weapon. Really, really cool.

The claw swipe finisher is a nice take on the usual bland sword wave/issen finisher too.

And then, a mech based on kicks? That's different. He even did a knee block and a Rider³ Kick.

Blue and bathtubs is totally going to be a thing, isn't it?

Boss Doggie

And I just realized villain is voiced by Kazuhiko Inoue a.k.a. Kars, Kakashi, Reiji Arisu, etc.

WarRock

Watching it now, and holy crap you're right. Those spear attacks destroyed like 8 giant buildings. o_O
You should watch Shinkenger. If it was a slightly more realistic show, the public would be rioting against the Shinkens long ago, holy crap did they always arrive late or what.

delSai

I'm going to wrap up Kamen Rider W this week, fantastic show so far, can't wait to see how it's going to end. I'll watch Fourze next, and after that it's probably going to be OOO.

javadoze

Natto Sentai Zyuohger 2

Holy hell, this show is still good after its premiere (and with as little distracting toys in sight). The Zyumans (Zyumen?) going crazy in public was an entertaining scene and Mario is looking like a more unconventional mentor figure. That said, I wonder how long the charade with him will go on for?

The giant battle in this episode was a nice addition as well with some creative uses of the elephant and tiger cubes adding in to ZyuOh King (which, instead of using a sword, utilizes the tiger claws on the knees and the elephant feet).

Zyuohger's biggest asset is how all of the characters are quite entertaining to watch. Thankfully, it seems that the toys are taking a backseat to the story this time instead of the other way around (looking at you, Ninninger/Ghost).

Delio

Zyuohger 2
Okay, the uncle is cool. The shot where we could se all heroes showing off their powers when Red was flying after the Beast Unleashed moment is something I've always wanted. We usually only get individual shots and there's no sense of unity/team. Right after that there's a subversion on the usual "everybody is knocked down by a large ranged attack" with not only all of them dodging, but also working to pin the monster's weapon. Really, really cool.

The claw swipe finisher is a nice take on the usual bland sword wave/issen finisher too.

And then, a mech based on kicks? That's different. He even did a knee block and a Rider³ Kick.

Blue and bathtubs is totally going to be a thing, isn't it?

DYGDBCe.gif

Love all the mayhem going on and Red is just free flying. Love it so much.

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 02

Ok, I like the cast. Them going wild on the human world was awesome. Uncle looks cool too. Loving the interactions. It's really nice to have a non-rampaging, non-idiot red, after three years.

The effects are still good, and the villains... damn, that's at least late Shinkenger levels of city destruction. The fights are still cool, and their "Abare" mode is fun. I like the camera following Eagle thing. The robot fight was also cool. Rider Kick!

Poor Tusk, nobody deserves natto.

BatDan

I just read that Zyuohger's narrator is Brook on One Piece.
So Kyoryuger had Buggy, ToQger had Usopp, and now Zyuohger has Brook. Who next?

Sou Da

Doing a one PR one sentai thing right now with Go Busters.

Should I finish watching SPD? No it was right after SWAT mode that I stopped actually.

WillyFive

Doing a one PR one sentai thing right now with Go Busters.

Should I finish watching SPD? No it was right after SWAT mode that I stopped actually.

The last few episodes of SPD are good. Power Rangers wouldn't become good again after those episodes for another 4 years.

Sou Da

The last few episodes of SPD are good. Power Rangers wouldn't become good again after those episodes for another 4 years.

I'm beginning to notice the difference the between late Saban/Disney and Neo Saban.

The former were willing to create interesting settings and the latter does MMPR ad nausem.

BatDan

I'm beginning to notice the difference the between late Saban/Disney and Neo Saban.

The former were willing to create interesting settings and the latter does MMPR ad nausem.

That was only Tzachor for Samurai & Megaforce. Judd Lynn is actually doing a good job with Dino Charge now.

WillyFive

The fight from episode 2 was really, really great; reminded me a lot of Gokaiger fights in how much it was willing to break from the mold and have it's team do really cool stuff.

The home base even looks better than past seasons, mostly due to it's better more nuanced lighting in the set. It doesn't look like a cheap TV set.

Not enjoying the voice for the Zyuoh toys

Boo, the voices are fantastic. It's huge fanservice for the themes of older animal Sentai like Gaoranger and Sun Vulcan.

Boss Doggie

To this day I don't know what is Narutaki's fate.

Is he a villain? An anti-hero? An anti-villain? A random character?

NeonZ

He disliked Decade for reasons that were never revealed, considering him a bigger threat than anything else. In order to kill Decade, he was willing to work with Riders or even villains, but when doing the later it was for the "greater good", even if innocents were hurt in the process.

Boss Doggie

yeah but whatever happened to him

In the movie I knew he suddenly said "oh shit he wasn't the destroyer after all" but then they retconned it to milk his ONORE DIKEIDO and apparently became villain of another movie, but was later retconned again

Also while I know about OOO I haven't actually watched it so I will marathon it soon.

NeonZ

yeah but whatever happened to him

In the movie I knew he suddenly said "oh shit he wasn't the destroyer after all" but then they retconned it to milk his ONORE DIKEIDO and apparently became villain of another movie, but was later retconned again

Also while I know about OOO I haven't actually watched it so I will marathon it soon.

He boasted to everyone about how he had told them that Decade was the destroyer in All Riders vs Dai-Shocker, once his identity as Great Leader of Dai-Shocker was revealed, and considered him an enemy in Movie Wars 2010 and SHT, in the later claiming that he'd continue for as long as Decade himself. It's only in Kamen Rider Taisen, his last appearance so far, where he at the end seems to accept Decade as one of the heroes.

Edit: There's a fake out in the tv series finale where he convinces Tsukasa to go after Apollogeist, seemingly considering Apollogeist and the Dai-Shocker remnants a bigger threat than Decade, but it was all a plan to make Decade stay in that world for longer, leading to the Rider War, where Narutaki hoped that Decade would be killed.

javadoze

CZdJtCsWYAArcKG.jpg:medium

In all seriousness, judging from "Decade Finale" trailer shown at the end of the original last episode of Decade, he was shown
holding Tsukasa's camera around his neck, leading people to believe he is, in fact, an older version of Tsukaka.

I think Narutaki's character got shafted because rumour was that he was supposed to be AR Riderman, but then Gackt wanted to be Riderman in the movie, so he got left with nothing.

Top Bottom