• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

jwk94

Unlike Bandai USA, Bandai Japan is actually moving past MMPR with their premium item series:

Next up in the Sentai Artisan lineup is the Kakuranger Doron Changer
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000103914

1000103914_1.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Zoo 10

RIP cat

also hi Kusakock! And so that's how they're giving him a bald eagle look - by turning him old they can make his red chicken look a bit more dignified with a bald eagle's white head!

Unlike Bandai USA, Bandai Japan is actually moving past MMPR with their premium item series:

Next up in the Sentai Artisan lineup is the Kakuranger Doron Changer
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000103914

Isn't that more on Saban milking the MMPR cowtits until it runs dry and Americans not moving on?

Tiu Neo

Hm, Sun Vulcan has it's own Peace Conference moment, huh? Well, at least a pilot being called to NASA sounds a bit more... convincing?

I always wondered why there were so many Sun Vulcan gifs. Now I see, there aren't enough Sun Vulcan gifs at all. Every episode has at least one gif-able moment.

Zyu 10

Damn, they (and the city) were destroyed.

Next episode, EAGLE! I wonder if it was really him who took the sixth cube on the first episode. At least looked like it was.

WarRock

Zyu Jyu
Can we get whoever is directing those fight scenes to teach the last few Rider directors? Anyway, the fuck is going on with this plot. "Sentai is more childish" they said, but ten episodes in and the Big Bad literally uses a weapon of mass destruction to have some entertainment while the heroes search for a needle in a haystack watching people die... just to trigger even more mass destruction. Wowa.

I don't get why Leo got so pissed - he is always the optimistic one compared to the other four, and the one (with Amu) that keeps getting distracted while searching for the Champion's Symbol. Don't complain about not being back in Zyuland after two months of search when you never demonstrated frustration before, wtf. On the other hand, I wish Ghost would deal with its "99 days or you're dead" (forgotten) plot as skillfully as Zyuohger is doing with the zyumen wanting to go back to their world.

(And that Ninnin general wishes he could be half of the mid boss G.I.F.T. is)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 10

DOFLAMINGOOO I mean GENIIIIS!
The Dethgaleins are not fucking around. They really are the Grongi of Super Sentai. Creating a dome of death that only leads to a killer robot that's destroyed multiple planets. This feels like the darkest Sentai has gotten in years. How many people in those buildings died in the dome and G.I.F.T.'s death beams?
Hopefully Eagle guy delivers next week

Ghost 27

Oh man, the plot is really kicking in now.
Alain's father is now officially dead, and he knows all the truths about the Ganma World.
It looks like the Ganmeisers will be like the Horoscopes. Ultra-powerful MotWs that will last the rest of the series.
Oh hey, Makoto's back. He really feels like one of the more shafted Secondary Riders. Hopefully that Deep Specter Eyecon will give him the upgrade he needs.

Tiu Neo

Ghost 27

Ohhh, a new powerful enemy. And Makoto is back... at least for a few more episodes, until he's taken down/possessed/out of order/tired/something else again.

Onari is the best. I wonder if we'll ever know his backstory.

WarRock

Ghost 27
The music played during the "everybody is running" scene felt like a SNES RPG track. Hoped that pissed off Takeru would eliminate everybody with fisticuffs, but it was not meant to be )=

On the plot; another faction? I had the impression the Ganmeisers would say that Adel is the threat, heh. Sage felt like a (Gaim spoilers)
Sagara wannabe
during the scene with Specter, hopefully he's something more, specially since the whole Ganma wordbuilding has been pure nonsense.

Aaaand, Deep Specter is better power up than Grateful Soul on the sole fact that it keeps the hoodie.

Kusacock will deliver MISUNDERSTANDINGS
Is that Dickeido's cousin? :V

WarRock

It's kinda "shit is happening, but not really" for me. A lot of build up and plot points, which is great, but things take time to happen.

Eh, better this way than rushing and half-assing it.
Really felt like that during 24-26, or maybe just 25-26, dunno. Before that things were not really happening but I'll excuse them being a setup (and dang, that OS plot is being the setup of a setup to a setup apparently).

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Scans for the next set of ZyuOh toys are out.

Another red upgrade\new henshin item looks interesting?
Rhino is not a cube, wtf.
Movie robo looks rad though.

Think it's pretty clear the final robo is just going to be a bunch of fucking cubes all over the place.

vareon

Another red upgradenew henshin item looks interesting?

Think it's pretty clear the final robo is just going to be a bunch of fucking cubes all over the place.

Sad that's it's another red, but kinda makes sense since Yamato is the only non-zyuman on the team now.

There's also a Shakespeare eyecon and form for Ghost which I think is a ganbarizing thingy but it has the best faceplate.

Tiu Neo

Or maybe it's just one big cube.

Well, can't be worse than... Shinkenger or ToQger? Both were messes, I guess. Eh, maybe it can be worse after all.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I dunno, I really think Ghost has pretty much messed up the execution that at this point I'm really just turning my brain off an enjoying the ride---also what's up with the editing in this show, it seems so many serious scenes are ruined by pointless cuts like here we have a random scene with Cubi and the Music Ganma interrupting a big death, and one that's hard to really feel for.

On the plus side Onari and Javert's strange friendship stole the show, and the fight choreography with Grateful this time around was really tight especially the final fight---at least that seems to be improving.

But yeah I totally consider Ghost to be Kiva 2.0, not as boring as Wizard but a show with cool motifs with a really dumb execution.

WarRock

Another red upgrade\new henshin item looks interesting?

Or maybe it's just one big cube.

Well, can't be worse than... Shinkenger or ToQger? Both were messes, I guess. Eh, maybe it can be worse after all.
8-cell-simple.gif

I dunno, I really think Ghost has pretty much messed up the execution that at this point I'm really just turning my brain off an enjoying the ride---also what's up with the editing in this show, it seems so many serious scenes are ruined by pointless cuts like here we have a random scene with Cubi and the Music Ganma interrupting a big death, and one that's hard to really feel for.

On the plus side Onari and Javert's strange friendship stole the show, and the fight choreography with Grateful this time around was really tight especially the final fight---at least that seems to be improving.
Agreed. Still can recover but it's having a shaking middle.

Tiu Neo

Amazons 3

Hmmm, interesting twist at the end.

I wonder how
Haruka joining (if he will, that is) it will change the group dynamic. I wonder how he's different from the other amazons, since he's not one of the escaped experiments.

Garo: Makai Retsuden ep 1
It was a good start to this series so far. The main focus is with Rekka ( of Red Requiem and Makai Senki fame) and her dealing with ghosts of Makai Knights. I like Rekka as a character from Makai Senki and Red Requiem and this is a good show of her power and character. The story itself was pretty interesting from start to finish.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Amazons 3

Suddenly, Amazons! Hundreds of them!
It will be interesting to see if Haruka is willing to work with the exterminators and what Jin will think of all of this.

javadoze

CaLybegWQAEpINl.jpg:large

Season one was amazing, but season two was only okay. That said, I hope Yoshihiko and the Seven Chosen Ones will be enjoyable regardless.
...They won't go with the "aliens" cliffhanger, will they?

(Speaking of Yuichi Fukuda's work, I've been watching Nietzsche at the Convenience Store and it's somewhat surreal watching Kiriko's actor after seeing her so long in Drive.)

Garo: Makai Retsuden ep 2
The main villains of Sho get the much need characterization that was missed. This episode was surprisingly good and had a lot of great parts in it. Both Masahiro and Matsunoi did a great job with their characters.

jonjonaug

CaLybegWQAEpINl.jpg:large

Season one was amazing, but season two was only okay. That said, I hope Yoshihiko and the Seven Chosen Ones will be enjoyable regardless.
...They won't go with the "aliens" cliffhanger, will they?

Season 2's big weakness is that half of it was just rehashed jokes from season 1, to the point where at least one episode was just a season 1 episode with a slightly modified script. Hopefully season 3 feels more original.

Top Bottom