• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, yeah, I heard shit goes down in Ex-Aid this week.

Can't watch till after work, though I'll probably watch Kyuranger first if it's out since I guess it comes first in terms of the cross-over elements.

Ex-Aid 24 spoilers:
Graphite is back, in actor form. He already got his flowers in the past. We can't predict anything happening in Ex-Aid now.

javadoze

ExAid 24

Number of "YOSHA LUCKY"s this episode: 2
Number of "YOSHA LUCKY"s in Ex-Aid overall: 2

...wait a minute...

Overall, it feels pretty much like a filler episode to act as a breather before plot happens next week. While I do admit
the reintroduction of Graphite, Poppy and new Genm CEO as villains, and the activation of Kamen Rider Chronicle
are kinda interesting, I'm feeling like dropping this show with Dan's absence (at least, waiting to see if the new direction pans out). Aside from that, there's been quite a few elements of ExAid that proved grating over time for me.

In the meantime, I guess I'll start Kamen Rider Agito.

NeonZ

His actor still hasn't gotten flowers though, and the lack of any flashback with him this episode makes it much more likely he is returning permanently (since it means he's still considered part of the show's main cast, rather than a guest).

You may want to check some of our recommendations in the first post of the 2015 thread =)

Over-Time is a fansub group that only deals with HD quality encodes and has a good amount of our suggestions completely subbed (and what they don't have, usually the groups in their "external links" side panel have).

Any stuff you are looking for? There is a nice variety of tones and themes between all toku shows, from Amazons to Zubat.
Thanks! I think I want to start with a Super Sentai series, since I loved Power Rangers as a kid. Something light in tone that can still be dramatic would be good. Also a series that has a strong overarching story would be good.

WarRock

So i learned Kamen Rider Amazons is going to be in the Superhero Climax movie
Looks like they are in instead of old Ishinomori characters.

In the meantime, I guess I'll start Kamen Rider Agito.
Agito is the best. I picture the other Riders gossiping about how that weirdo keeps sticking his finger on fish mouths. He probably would get along with Eiji no problem.

Thanks! I think I want to start with a Super Sentai series, since I loved Power Rangers as a kid. Something light in tone that can still be dramatic would be good. Also a series that has a strong overarching story would be good.
Kyoryuger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, and Gekiranger may be safe bets then. Personally I would suggest to pick whichever looks cooler to you.

Watch Da Birdie

New CEO reminds me of Nira (the GOD!) from Drive.

And that new insert song seriously hyped me up.

What bugster was the new ceo? Was he a perfect form?

Probably.

I believe he's the Dating Sim Bugster, which I think Poppy uses to become Kamen Rider Poppy.

NeonZ

What bugster was the new ceo? Was he a perfect form?

It's just speculation, but people think he's exactly the Tokimeki Crisis Bugster, considering the hearts when Popi was controlled and "Tokimeki Memorial" being the name of a dating sim.

If he's a bugster, I guess he's actually possessing a human, considering the voice change, rather than being in perfect form already.

Watch Da Birdie

It's just speculation, but people think he's exactly the Tokimeki Crisis Bugster, considering the hearts when Popi was controlled and "Tokimeki Memorial" being the name of a dating sim.

If he's a bugster, I guess he's actually possessing a human, considering the voice change, rather than being in perfect form already.

His voice when it changes is the narrator iirc.

So i learned Kamen Rider Amazons is going to be in the Superhero Climax movie

"Hail fellow Riders! Let us deliver some justice!"

e0zshyruushay5aezpf0.gif

"Oh my God! What are they doing?"

Pluto

Gekiranger or Magiranger.

Gekiranger is martial arts themed with a heavy focus on the villains (who get more character development than some of the heroes), probably my favourite sentai of the 2000s.

Magiranger is magic and family themed, the core team consists of five siblings, the series explores the characters by pairing two of them each episode and exploring how they relate to each other.

Both shows have strong stories and a dramatic revelations along the way.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ok, given time, i think kuroto is one of my favorite toku villains. that obsession is shit i like in my comic villians, and he definetely has enough crazy to tangle with osborn and the like.

Tiu Neo

Gekiranger or Magiranger.

Gekiranger is martial arts themed with a heavy focus on the villains (who get more character development than some of the heroes), probably my favourite sentai of the 2000s.

Magiranger is magic and family themed, the core team consists of five siblings, the series explores the characters by pairing two of them each episode and exploring how they relate to each other.

Both shows have strong stories and a dramatic revelations along the way.

Yep. If you want something a bit lighter, I'd recommend Magiranger, but both are great choices.

If you watch Geki, use Geki-Senshi's sub, TV-Nihon subs are not understandable at all.
For Magi, well, TV-Nihon is what you have, but at least it's way better than Geki's.

WarRock

Gekiranger plot is amazing.

I must say I haven't finished Geki yet because they hit me with a damn filler episode in the middle of a compelling arc. Annoyed the heck out of me, but hopefully I can marathon it this week (12ish episodes left, I think), still haven't reached the infamous Christmas episode.

Tiu Neo

tinyhenshin for Magiranger

Huh, I didn't know that existed, but yeah, try that then.

I'll probably watch it again with this sub too, Magi is one of my favorite series. One of the few I marathoned part of the series because I liked the series - But then, Geki was another series I did this.

Now we just need O-T to finish subbing Deka, lol.

Slayven

"Hail fellow Riders! Let us deliver some justice!"

"Oh my God! What are they doing?"

And somewhere in the background Kamen Rider Shin would be smiling.

New CEO reminds me of Nira (the GOD!) from Drive.

And that new insert song seriously hyped me up.

Probably.

I believe he's the Dating Sim Bugster, which I think Poppy uses to become Kamen Rider Poppy.

That makes sense

Tiu Neo

A bit late, but Toei has announced the return of........................opening clip in Ex-Aid on Episode 25! The song itself is still Excite.

Whoa, first
Graphite
, now this!

The way they are resurrecting things, Kiriya is next and Dan right after that, right? :D

I wouldn't doubt it after Graphite being back, lol. Dan I'm sure will return, anyway.

Big One

Banned
Whoa, first
Graphite
, now this!

The way they are resurrecting things, Kiriya is next and Dan right after that, right? :D

I wouldn't doubt it after Graphite being back, lol. Dan I'm sure will return, anyway.
Nah I think
Graphite only return because he's a Bugster. Dan was pretty much sealing up all of the defeated Bugsters in that device anyway. Unless there's a twist that says that Dan and Kiriya were Bugster all along, I doubt they'll return.

I'm still clinging onto my theory that Emu is actually a Bugster that got a human transplant and that M is his "real" personality while the doctor is just his human self.

Tiu Neo

Nah I think
Graphite only return because he's a Bugster. Dan was pretty much sealing up all of the defeated Bugsters in that device anyway. Unless there's a twist that says that Dan and Kiriya were Bugster all along, I doubt they'll return.

I'm still clinging onto my theory that Emu is actually a Bugster that got a human transplant and that M is his "real" personality while the doctor is just his human self.

I think
Dan will return just because his actor never got the flowers, but eh, could be a flashback or something like that.

Nudull

Banned
Thinking about doing my first toku-con with Rangerstop, this year. So far, they got Austin St. John and Tyler from Dino Charge. They're in the final round of people voting in potential guest, so hopefully more cool folks get announced.

Link1110

On all these Toku threads I see magiranger getting so much love. Maybe I should watch it. Before GAF, the site i was on absolutely hated magiranger so I never got around to it.

Big One

Banned
Well, it's not like the original Amazon wasn't violent, it's just the effects that were worse. It had decaptations, desmembering and colorful monster "blood" gushing.
The original Amazon was pretty dope but weird as fuck. It was the first mystical rider pretty much so it really didn't fit with the others at all, but it was such a cool concept and setting you can forgive it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ex-Aid 24

I half-expected the new Genm CEO to yell out "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"
Man that last part was huge. Poppy is on the dark side now, Graphite's back, and Kamen Rider Chronicle has begun. Bring on the death game!

Also Lucky was there. Seemed pretty pointless. Probably made more sense if I watched Kyuranger first.

NeonZ

Also Lucky was there. Seemed pretty pointless. Probably made more sense if I watched Kyuranger first.

Nah Lucky's cameo in Ex-Aid just made no sense. In Kyuranger, there's a small explanation for Ex-Aid's appearance, but there was nothing setting up Lucky ending up in Ex-Aid's world afterwards.

https://youtu.be/6YEXlRFYNnU

Cast interview for Kyoryuger Brave. Almost all the actors for this production are bilingual.

According to the description, starting from 4/14, Bandai will be uploading episodes of the Japanese version to watch for free on their channel. Bandai doesn't region lock their content so that means it should be easy for sub groups to work on!

Slayven

https://youtu.be/6YEXlRFYNnU

Cast interview for Kyoryuger Brave. Almost all the actors for this production are bilingual.

According to the description, starting from 4/14, Bandai will be uploading episodes of the Japanese version to watch for free on their channel. Bandai doesn't region lock their content so that means it should be easy for sub groups to work on!

The Jackets are horrible.

Any word on a new Battleride game?

Watch Da Birdie

Scans are out for Ex-Aid and Kyuranger...

Ex-Aid

Mainly focused on Perfect Knockout, but Kiriya is getting a Hyper Battle DVD special.

Kyuranger

Purple Ranger is of course Xiao. And the bear is, as people guessed, the older kid from the first Earth-based episode.

javadoze

Scans

Kyuranger's
RyuuCommander looks pretty cool. Purple with a touch of gold and a longcoat make for one of the best Kyuranger suits in my opinion. Koguma SkyBlue also looks nice for the scarf too.

Ex-Aid...
I wish the mass-production suits didn't look like Ex-Aid with brown paint and a bowlcut. The Mages from Wizard looked better than this...

Tiu Neo

So, (Kyurangers)
that kid is the 11th? Eh. I'm not a fan of kid members, but maybe it'll work this time. ToQ kinda worked, but the kids were so underused that there wasn't really much time for them to become annoying.

Kard8p3

Is Kyurangers worth watching? Last sentai I watched was geki lmao. After the twitch stream though, I'm craving more.

Top Bottom