• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/07/kamen-rider-w-futo-detectives-manga-series-revealed/
Yesterday, Toei officially revealed the previously announced sequel to Kamen Rider W as a weekly manga series titled, Kamen Rider W: Futo Detectives. The manga will be published starting August 7, 2017, in the weekly magazine, Weekly Big Comic Spirits.

Head writer of W and Kamen Rider Drive, Riku Sanjo and Creature Designer of the Dopants, Katsuya Terada, will be returning for the manga. Additionally, Masaki Sato will provide the artwork for the series. Lastly, Hideaki Tsukada, who produced W and Kamen Rider Fourze, will supervise the series.

Update: According to Comic Natalie, the plot of Kamen Rider W: Futo Detectives takes place after The Museum is destroyed and a mysterious force arrives in the Windy City, starting a new battle for Shotaro and Philip.

New art has also been revealed showcasing the style of the manga with concept drawings

WillyFive

Gavan vs Dekaranger

So this is Toei's first installment in an attempt to make a cinematic universe with the Metal Heroes and the space-based Super Sentai? Nice! I'm excited.

This movie was my most anticipated Toku thing this year, and I enjoyed it a lot. Sakamoto knows how to make action scenes become a spectacle, and they were fantastic. The Dekrangers made the movie really fun and comedic, and I enjoy the continuing saga of the Space Sheriffs. The new special effects used for the morphing sequences and attacks were also awesome. I was surprised to see Retsu still fight at this age, too.

However, it seems like they intended this movie to be a crossover with Juspion and Deka, not Gavan; I guess they couldn't get anyone from Juspion to show up so they tacked on New Gavan in there and kept everything else almost exactly the same. The editing in the movie was a bit wonky, and the music choices during some of the scenes were rather absurd. Sakamoto also indulged a bit much in the torture scene near the end, but he has done worse.

Either way, I'm excited to see where this goes.

jwk94

There were other original villains (the purple guy from The Movie, the villain of Dino Thunder, SPD, etc), but they either weren't human or were very different characters in their human form.

You forgot Trakeena =/

But I meant how many times did the original human villains end up turning into a sentai villain somewhere in the show. Kinda like how the ninja girl in Operation Overdrive transformed into Boukenger's owl faction boss.

Tiu Neo

Gavan vs Dekaranger

So this is Toei's first installment in an attempt to make a cinematic universe with the Metal Heroes and the space-based Super Sentai? Nice! I'm excited.

This movie was my most anticipated Toku thing this year, and I enjoyed it a lot. Sakamoto knows how to make action scenes become a spectacle, and they were fantastic. The Dekrangers made the movie really fun and comedic, and I enjoy the continuing saga of the Space Sheriffs. The new special effects used for the morphing sequences and attacks were also awesome. I was surprised to see Retsu still fight at this age, too.

However, it seems like they intended this movie to be a crossover with Juspion and Deka, not Gavan; I guess they couldn't get anyone from Juspion to show up so they tacked on New Gavan in there and kept everything else almost exactly the same. The editing in the movie was a bit wonky, and the music choices during some of the scenes were rather absurd. Sakamoto also indulged a bit much in the torture scene near the end, but he has done worse.

I still have to watch this, but Juspion actor retired a long time ago, so if they wanted to use the character, it probably would have to be a reboot/retelling. Still would love it, heh.

Is Graphite a puppet for the Gemdeus Bugster now?

Yeah, either that or some kind of red herring. Chronos was supposed to defeat Genmdeus, right? So it could be just a step for something else.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So rumor about Build I saw recently was that he basically "builds" himself using parts---and like he's got a screwdriver and hobby knife on his helmet.

Wonder if his belt then is like some kind of Capsule Machine that *randomly gives him parts each fight to use?

Slayven

So rumor about Build I saw recently was that he basically "builds" himself using parts---and like he's got a screwdriver and hobby knife on his helmet.

Wonder if his belt then is like some kind of Capsule Machine that *randomly gives him parts each fight to use?

Now i will be mad if this doesn't happen

NeonZ

Ex-Aid Episode 37

So, uh, why doesn't Dan Masamune just get rid of Parad like he did to Salty earlier?

Parad isn't the Perfect Puzzle or Knock Out Fighter Bugster. That's just a Gashat he uses. Deleting them would have as much effect as deleting Mighty Action X to stop Ex-Aid.

Gavan vs Dekaranger

I have high hopes about their plans with the Metal Heroes and the Space theme heroes. I hope we get a crossover with Gokaigers and the Kyurangers.

Which is better, VR Troopers or Saban's Masked Rider?

If your answer is Masked Rider, then there is something clearly wrong with you.

night814

I have high hopes about their plans with the Metal Heroes and the Space theme heroes. I hope we get a crossover with Gokaigers and the Kyurangers.

Would love that. I'm excited about the prospect of Space Squad, Gavan v Deka was solid and gave me my DekaMaster fix for a few years. Where has DekaBright been this whole time? She's an official senshi and appeared in Deka proper but hasn't been seen since, anyone know anything about that?

I would love an evil team of senshi to fight the Kyu's led by Scorpio, at first it seemed like we may get a whole bunch of senshi this year but that's petered off since Kotaro joined. I want a whole bunch of senshi please.

Tiu Neo

Gavan vs Dekaranger

Dekaranger always gave me strong Metal Hero feelings, so this is a perfect fit. The narrator was at full force here. The whole plot setup was pretty fun. And, of course,
MOTHERFUCKING SATAN GOTH, FUCK YEAH.
Overall, this was a much better movie than Girls in Trouble, and, as a Juspion and Dekaranger fan, the fanservice was almost perfect for me. The... big giant battle should've been a bit more climatic. It really needed Daileon and Juspion even if it was just in-suit. So yeah, that should have been Juspion vs Dekaranger, even if Gavan showed up. Retsu was pretty badass.

I like the new Mad Gallan actor, him going crazy was pretty fun to see. Poor Shelly. The action was good, and the whole soundtrack was pretty great, too.

Also, kinda ending spoiler
HOLY FUCK MOTHERFUCKING AKIBARANGERS JOKE.

And true ending spoiler:
MOTHERFUCKING TOEI YOU FUCKERS,
YOU DID IT. REALLY. IF THAT BECOMES SOMETHING IN THE FUTURE, YOU GOT ME BY THE BALLS. JUSPION, JIRAYA, JIBAN, MOTHERFUCKING FLASHMAN, MEGARANGER AND GINGAMAN, PLUS OTHERS. MISSED CHANGEMAN THAT WAS KINDA SPACE BASED TOO, BUT EH, NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE MY HYPE GO DOWN.

I WILL FINALLY GET MY FLASHMAN SEQUEL I WANTED SO MUCH.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They never showed Vr Troopers down here, when i saw it when i was much over I cringed so hard.

It's so so so bad. So much reused stock footage, original footage is like watching Mad TV, and then there's the fact the footage used was so old.

That's one major thing about VR Troopers I don't get, why did Saban choose to adapt such old series? There was more contemporary ones like Exceedraft and Janperson. At least with Masked Rider, they had the excuse that there hasn't been a Kamen Rider show since Black RX.
And then for Season 2, they went back even farther for Shaider. What the fuck?!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
also don't forget the "original" suits they had

JkSBd7o.jpg

Slayven

It's so so so bad. So much reused stock footage, original footage is like watching Mad TV, and then there's the fact the footage used was so old.

That's one major thing about VR Troopers I don't get, why did Saban choose to adapt such old series? There was more contemporary ones like Exceedraft and Janperson. At least with Masked Rider, they had the excuse that there hasn't been a Kamen Rider show since Black RX.
And then for Season 2, they went back even farther for Shaider. What the fuck?!

it was like a fan film, the costumes was jokes, and the transation to toku footage was jarring. Not like it was 2 different shows, but 2 different shows on 2 different channels.

I wish i could talk to the editors that had to sitch that mess together.

Superhuman Samurai had the opposite problem, the Gridman footage looked ahead of it's time

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Which is better, VR Troopers or Saban's Masked Rider?

If your answer is Masked Rider, then there is something clearly wrong with you.

vr troopers is ASSSSSSS

id rather watch tj roberts order a pizza then watch that whack shit again. at least masked rider had the pr crossover

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I really thought TJ Roberts was going to have a bigger career

the only thing i saw from him was a movie where he was the new kid in town. it was pretty good for a cheap movie

Masked Rider was so much worse than VR Troopers. At least, VR Troopers didn't have a reject from ALF as an annoying pet.

no. it had a talking dog instead on top of the whack pr suits recolors

Toxi

Banned
The plot for the next episode is so high-stakes and also bleak as hell. I love this show so much.
I mean, does anyone actually expect Hiiro to
not properly operate on Taiga?
Ex-Aid's not that kind of show. At worst, I see Hiiro
doing his best but failing to save Taiga's life anyway.

KingDirk

Nah, I fully expect the latter at worst, but just being put in that situation is bleak as all hell. Like, dang man, Hiiro is in a pretty shitty situation.

Tiu Neo

Finally watched the Power Rangers movie and it wasn't terrible! I mean, I still hate how almost everything looks - maybe except for the zords - but the plot was fine, the characters had some good development and were likable, and the action scenes were good.

WillyFive

Finally watched the Power Rangers movie and it wasn't terrible! I mean, I still hate how almost everything looks - maybe except for the zords - but the plot was fine, the characters had some good development and were likable, and the action scenes were good.

Yeah, it was decent; but I'm pretty sure the art style for the entire movie is what killed it. It did not seem like the big budget Power Rangers adaptation everyone wanted, it seemed like a weird little thing that attract no one.

WarRock

I mean, the only thing he cares about is at stake. He "corrupted" himself enough to even utilize Taddle Legacy. I am sure he is going to consider it even he does not do it.

javadoze

Ex-Aid 37

-More Muteki. Unsurprisingly, I still love it (though admittedly the suit does look better in darker lighting conditions).

-I whine about Emu being a boring protagonist, but I do have to say the scene with him, Poppy, and Kiriya directly going to Masamune was pretty badass.

-Dang, that ending with
Taiga vomiting blood
. We're getting V-Cinema up in here.

-The medical aspect of the show has felt pretty half-baked to me for the most part. The best example would be the cancer patient being sidelined by Mighty Bros XX's debut. However, this recent development of
Taiga needing to be operated on
makes for a nice push on the medical drama side of things.

-Dan is the god. Even when making promotions.

jwk94

Yo, y'all see the trailer for "City Shrouded in Shadows"? It's an upcoming PS4 game where you play as a person on the ground during a Kaiju attack. Ultraman, Godzilla, and some of those Godzilla monsters are there. This looks pretty good!

More deets:
Bandai Namco has released the first full-length trailer for City Shrouded in Shadow, its survival adventure game from Disaster Report developer Granzella.

The game follows the player, an ordinary man or woman—not a hero—as they attempt to survive in a multitude of disasters involving “giant shadows” that suddenly appear. These giant shadows include Ultraman, Nise Ultraman, Alien Zarab, Godzilla, King Ghidorah, Evangelion Unit-01, The Fourth Angel, Gamera, Soldier Legion, and Patlabor’s AV-98 “Ingram,” CRL-98 “Pyro-Buster,” Type 5Q/2C “Grau Bear,” and more. Read more here.

City Shrouded in Shadow is due out for PlayStation 4 in Japan on October 19.
Gematsu

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I saw Power Rangers recently, and I gotta say it was pretty good---but with the caveat that the human element was the best part, the Tokusatsu elements were pretty weak. No roll call, just standing around when morphing, the mecha combining hidden by lava. It bored me, but I guess with Sentai usually the robot scene is pretty boring outside the rare time they put a lot of effort into it like with Ryu Voyager's debut in Kyuranger.

Red and Pink were the weaker characters---I mean I liked them, but I really didn't get Red's issues (I'm gonna do this stupid prank and then drive crazily and wreck a ton of shit---BUT I'M REALLY A NICE GUY OK GEEZ DAD!) and Pink was a bit better but I thought her laughing as the part of the monster fall on those girls' car at the end was a bit tone deaf. That and all the times the Rangers talked about killing bothered me, especially when they went there when they first met Alpha. Black, Blue, and Yellow were a bit better, and Blue's portrayal of autism was pretty cool and something I haven't seen in a lot of films that made him a very interesting character.

But yeah, looking forward to the sequel. I'm guessing "Tommy" is gonna turn out to be a girl in this universe?

Tiu Neo

I saw Power Rangers recently, and I gotta say it was pretty good---but with the caveat that the human element was the best part, the Tokusatsu elements were pretty weak. No roll call, just standing around when morphing, the mecha combining hidden by lava. It bored me, but I guess with Sentai usually the robot scene is pretty boring outside the rare time they put a lot of effort into it like with Ryu Voyager's debut in Kyuranger.

Red and Pink were the weaker characters---I mean I liked them, but I really didn't get Red's issues (I'm gonna do this stupid prank and then drive crazily and wreck a ton of shit---BUT I'M REALLY A NICE GUY OK GEEZ DAD!) and Pink was a bit better but I thought her laughing as the part of the monster fall on those girls' car at the end was a bit tone deaf. That and all the times the Rangers talked about killing bothered me, especially when they went there when they first met Alpha. Black, Blue, and Yellow were a bit better, and Blue's portrayal of autism was pretty cool and something I haven't seen in a lot of films that made him a very interesting character.

But yeah, looking forward to the sequel. I'm guessing "Tommy" is gonna turn out to be a girl in this universe?

Yeah, that first Jason segment seemed out of place with the rest of his character. I know it had some reason, but they should have done something else.

Well, the post-credit scene calls him Tommy Oliver, so it's probably a guy that will receive Rita's powers somehow.

Code:
[IMG]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hrBWrD7J9C0/WVuUmM8NsCI/AAAAAAAAYlI/85uCwMZIa3gPl0fu2Nn3nuU2huqwdr7-gCLcBGAs/s1600/19601191_1586048238085954_3139831131742029690_n.jpg[/IMG]

Beardy

Yo, y'all see the trailer for "City Shrouded in Shadows"? It's an upcoming PS4 game where you play as a person on the ground during a Kaiju attack. Ultraman, Godzilla, and some of those Godzilla monsters are there. This looks pretty good!

More deets:

Gematsu

I thought I recognized it. It's the same developers as the Disaster Report series. I'm glad they're finally making another one after they had to cancel the fourth game after the 2011 earthquake.

Top Bottom