• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

WarRock

Ex-Aid 38
That hugeass moon pasted over all the shots in the first half is awful. The night fight tease gave me blue balls.

But the worst thing about this episode is this, right here:
nDoQwWX.jpg
Wearing Crocs? During a surgery?
Emu confirmed for worst Rider ever.

Isn't it time for a new Guyver anime?
Beats me. Anime industry seems like a clusterfuck these days, not sure how something like Guyver would fare.

javadoze

Seems there's an Ultraman catalog floating around, so Build should be soon?

Seen this mock-up floating around, seems while Ex-Aid was all about those eyes this time it's all about those lips. Succulent, juicy lips.

Oh, and the rumor I've read is Build's gimmick apparently involves mixing an animal motif with that of a power tool?

I can get behind this design. The asymmetrical tool-antennae and the lips are interesting ways of making the design stand out, yet still seem Rider-y. I can only hope the form changes are better integrated this time around as opposed to Ex-Aid's "slap this powerup on top of the existing suit".

(Of course, now that I said that, the show's doomed to be terrible as per the inverse show quality to suit design principle.)

Tiu Neo

I can get behind this design. The asymmetrical tool-antennae and the lips are interesting ways of making the design stand out, yet still seem Rider-y. I can only hope the form changes are better integrated this time around as opposed to Ex-Aid's "slap this powerup on top of the existing suit".

(Of course, now that I said that, the show's doomed to be terrible as per the inverse show quality to suit design principle.)

Even then, there is some hope. It could be like Fourze, where the basic suit was ok, but the power-ups are horrible.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Wearing Crocs? During a surgery?
Emu confirmed for worst Rider ever.

Surgeon actually wear shoes like those, though in Emu chase his has holes on the side so they wouldn't be allowed as it needs to not allow any fluid in...I er learnt this in dental school.

WarRock

Modern anime seems to be catering towards otakus than casual anime fans.
That has been the case since forever, nothing modern about it. Unless you mean modern in a historic sense, then, sure =P

Even then, there is some hope. It could be like Fourze, where the basic suit was ok, but the power-ups are horrible.
Elek and Fire States are fucking great though. I like Magnet but will not defend it. The only truly despicable, without a single redeeming thing about it, Fourze power up was Fusion States.

Tiu Neo

Elek and Fire States are fucking great though. I like Magnet but will not defend it. The only truly despicable, without a single redeeming thing about it, Fourze power up was Fusion States.

I kinda forgot about Fire, yeah, that's also cool. The other 3 I'm not a fan of, but excluding Fusion, they are better than most Drive and Ex-Aid forms, heh.

Or we can just change the theory from "Since Fourze, good suit means bad show and vice-versa" to "Since Wizard..."

WarRock

To be fair, Ex-Aid was damned from the beginning. The fact that a couple of power ups aren't a complete eyesore is already a big win. Maybe a movie down the line can give us something akin to Kachidoki Arms, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Tiu Neo

So, I've been reading some rumors on Twitter. Grain of salt, but there are some people discussing it:

Apparently Build forms have leaked. I'm trying to find a source, but Rabbit + Tank is one of them (twitted by Gustavaum)

Also, apparently Ex-Aid will end early, Build starts September? Ehhh, well, better this way than dragging the ending, I guess.

Slayven

So, I've been reading some rumors on Twitter. Grain of salt, but there are some people discussing it:

Apparently Build forms have leaked. I'm trying to find a source, but Rabbit + Tank is one of them (twitted by Gustavaum)

Also, apparently Ex-Aid will end early, Build starts September? Ehhh, well, better this way than dragging the ending, I guess.

Ex-Aid been good, but the story is done. Only twists i can see is if the Genms scarfice themselves to help beat Graphitedeus

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They were advertising the Ex-Aid movie as the "true ending"
And when you have a power-up that's literally invincible, you kind of stop the story there.
Yeah I wouldn't mind Ex-AId ending early. I imagine they learned their lesson after Ghost's final arc took way too fucking long.
Was Ghost hated in Japan was much as it is everywhere else?

Big One

Banned
Ex-Aid ending early would actually be pretty dope. Maybe they're gonna try lining up KR and Super Sentai again since Decade kind of offset everything.

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid ending early would actually be pretty dope. Maybe they're gonna try lining up KR and Super Sentai again since Decade kind of offset everything.

Wasn't the idea to make the series start at different months made because of the toys? I mean, makes sense, this way Rider and Sentai toys wouldn't compete against each other too much - at least not on the first quarter of the series.

vareon

More attempts at drawing Build has surfaced, this time with the belt.

I >really< like that they're attempting to combine a rabbit and a tank design. Bitter people said Kamen Rider ran out of ideas but you don't ran out of ideas and made that.

Weren't they spread so that they can maintain toy sales all year instead of both having campaigns at the same time?

javadoze

These rumors sound... pretty wild?

If anything, it kinda reminds me of Go-Busters' emphasis on technology and animals. In a Rider context, it's similar to Destron monsters and how those combined lifeforms and technology (i.e. Turtle Bazooka, TV Fly, and Heater Cicada).

Slayven

These rumors sound... pretty wild?

If anything, it kinda reminds me of Go-Busters' emphasis on technology and animals. In a Rider context, it's similar to Destron monsters and how those combined lifeforms and technology (i.e. Turtle Bazooka, TV Fly, and Heater Cicada).
Traffic Light turtle

javadoze

I'm bracing myself for the ultimate Build form that both redefines Kamen Rider and ushers it into a new era...

FidgetSpinner Grasshopper

...Hire me, Bandai.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh yeah, here's the rumored toy catalog list for Build...

>Kamen Rider Build Rabit Tank Form
>Kamen Rider Build Gorillamond Form + Rotation Gun Sword Drill Crusher
>Kamen Rider Build Hawk Gattling Form + Infallible Rapid-fire Hawk Gattlinger
>Kamen Rider Build Ninnin Comic Form + Ninjutsu Activate 4-Koma Ninpo Gatana
>Kamen Rider Build Rocket Panda Form + Valve Turning Steam Blade
>Kamen Rider Build Fire Hedgehog Form
>Kamen Rider Build Lion Cleaner Form
>Kamen Rider Build Key Dragon Form
>Kamen Rider Build Pirate Train Form
>Kamen Rider Build Octopus Light Form
>Kamen Rider Build Rabbit Tank Sparkling Form (Main Form Power Up)

>Kamen Rider Closer + Hit Parade Beat Sword Beat Closer

>Night Rouge

>Blood Stalk

Yeah...this sounds crazier than when we first got the Ghost toys.

I love the fact one of his weapons seems to be a four-panel gag manga.

I'm gonna guess by the sheer randomness of all this the theme is "junk" and Build like just picks up random shit to use---maybe he works in a junk yard?

Beardy

are there full body shots? ive only seen the head

There's an upper body shot, but you can't see the arms, waist, belt, or legs.

It's sort of weird, they're going back to a pre-Ghost look a la Drive or Gaim.

Also looks like the English translation of the transformation jingle is also leaked.

Well then, looks like more and more pictures just keep leaking. Image of the belt is out now, as well as a full body picture

vareon

Full body shot is out. It looks GREAT and everybody on twitter is praying that it breaks the Good Kamen Rider Design curse.

I'm not sure about linking the picture but just search twitter for Kamen Rider Build.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Toy catalog scans are not magazine scans. They aren't for sale, hence OK to post. Terebi-kun and the like however, are real magazines that go on sale, and cannot be posted.

Current leak is the toy catalog so you are safe to post.

Tiu Neo

If the suit/show quality theory continues being true... this show will suck hard. It looks great, better than Ghost and Wizard, imo.

I hope it breaks the curse, because the power ups have a lot of potential.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah, Build looks awesome. Which is concerning given the "Suit:Show Quality" theory. Hoping for good things.

He's like a new Double.
Knight/Rogue form looks like Batman.

Ecliptor

Hello TokuGAF. I've wantedt to post here for a long time but I was always behind on both Ex-Aid and Kyuranger so didn't have much to say and was getting spoiled sometimes (lol), but now I'm caught up with both so I plan to visit here very often (I'm working my way through Amazons too).

I'll start by saying that those Build designs look cool. Here's hoping for a good series!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Please don't let this series be ghost/wizard. These designs need to be used in a good series

delSai

Looks fucking awesome
Except for the lever on the belt, that looks kinda weird

Please don't let this series be ghost/wizard. These designs need to be used in a good series

Man this is what im fearing. Both Wizard and Ghost have great base designs but at least Ghost, cant speak for Wizard, was pretty bad.

Time to break the "Good Suits=Bad Show" curse thats been around for a bit.

Top Bottom