• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

Tiu Neo

Champ is still in the repair shop? Will they hurry up and give him a new body.

He'll probably be back in the next couple episodes. Kotaro will be back too.

Amazons 2 - 12

...what a hell of an episode. Can't wait for the finale next week.

The old team fighting Mamoru is heartbreaking :(

Jin vs Nanaha will be... interesting too.

So, what are your bets? Who will live and who will die?

I'm betting on every Amazon dying. Even Chihiro and Haruka.

NeonZ

It's a Kobayashi Rider show. They always end with everything supernatural going away or being destroyed. Although they might be planning another season or a sequel with a different title, which could result in some surviving, but if there's no sequel announcement I see everyone dying.

Tiu Neo

It's a Kobayashi Rider show. They always end with everything supernatural going away or being destroyed. Although they might be planning another season or a sequel with a different title, which could result in some surviving, but if there's no sequel announcement I see everyone dying.

If there's a sequel, I'm betting on
some lesser Amazons/people infected by the water survive, maaaybe one of the important human characters turns into an amazon, and then they show up some time later. The main Amazon characters, through? I think they all will die.

However, I would like more if they didn't make a sequel and instead did something similar with that, maybe with some other old Rider (or even Metal Hero/Sentai!) series, or maybe as something new.

Slayven

If there's a sequel, I'm betting on
some lesser Amazons/people infected by the water survive, maaaybe one of the important human characters turns into an amazon, and then they show up some time later. The main Amazon characters, through? I think they all will die.

However, I would like more if they didn't make a sequel and instead did something similar with that, maybe with some other old Rider (or even Metal Hero/Sentai!) series, or maybe as something new.

Some of the old rider shows would be awesome with an Amazons update. Stronger, X, Super-1, etc

Tiu Neo

Some of the old rider shows would be awesome with an Amazons update. Stronger, X, Super-1, etc

The only older Riders I watched are Amazon, Black and RX, so any of those would be a great push for me to watch them, just like I did with the original Amazon. Probably would help to sales of the original series DVDs/Blurays in Japan, too.

News!
Super Sentai Seasons 1-3 Now Available on Amazon Prime UK
The UK version for Amazon paid subscription service, Amazon Prime, has recently added seasons 1-3 from the Super Sentai franchise on its video streaming service, Amazon Instant Video.

“Seasons 1-3” are referring to Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger, Gosei Sentai Dairanger, and Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.

HIDIVE To Stream Live-Action GARO Series
The anime streaming service, HIDIVE, recently announced streaming the live-action GARO for U.S. and Canadian members. The service started streaming GARO on June 23rd and airs the live-action series every Friday at 12:00 PM CT.

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid 36

So, Kiriya was just playing along and had a plan, of course. And hey, they varied the final form plot a bit! It was a pretty fun plan, too.

Kiriya is back, yay. And Gamer Emu is back, too! The final battle will be awesome.

And if next episode's preview is true...
Can we get Snipe-Nico at least once before Taiga comes back as a bugster?

...wait, they'll start counting from Zyuranger? Wtf.

Cool anyway, hope it becomes avaliable worldwide too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kyuranger 19

Well that went down badly. Hopefully we see the Argo soon, I imagine in two episodes.
Stinger, stop being the lone-wolf. That's not how the show works.
Also, Olmec fell on some hard times.

The villain in the movie is the Geth Star? Wonderful 101 had a Geth Star. Or "Geth Wahksay".

Amazons 25

Man and I thought Kyuranger went bad. This was downright tits up.
Poor Iyu, that's just messed up.
I'm sensing a kill them all ending, or at least Haruto being the only survivor. Either way, the finale is next week. Hell of a ride.

A sequel to W? I'm so down!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
He'll probably be back in the next couple episodes. Kotaro will be back too.

Amazons 2 - 12

...what a hell of an episode. Can't wait for the finale next week.

The old team fighting Mamoru is heartbreaking :(

Jin vs Nanaha will be... interesting too.

So, what are your bets? Who will live and who will die?

every one of the core members of the season is gonna die. fukus whole reason for staying with the corporation is gone, and anhks brother has been skirting by on his bullshit and seems to have survived a chihiro panic attack twice. haruka is probably gonna willingly eat an hp round too. but like the old man said, you cant kill what wants to survive, so the tag a long dude is probably gonna become a new generation of amazon, because i dont understand what the hell hes been around all season for

I don't know why but when they get into the 30s the SD releases of Kamen Rider shows (Drive, Ghost and now Ex-Aid) stop playing on my Vita and I have to re-encode them myself.

Tiu Neo

Girls in Trouble - Episode Zero

WTF was that. Sakamoto is completely out of control. It was kinda of a mix of fanfic and full on Sakamoto brand of fanservice.

Also, why didn't they give any protection gear to the three first girls? This is a world with Metal Heroes and super strong spandex that protects most attacks!

Anyway, the action scenes were good, I guess. It was cool to see they fight, and it was nice to see the girls get a movie focusing on them, even if it was to fulfill the director's fetishes, I guess. I kinda felt bad for the characters, after how much abuse they got.

I liked that they used Spielban and Jiraya villains here. Hope we get more of this in the future, this fanservice I approve.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I mostly heard bad things about Rider novels, so I'm hoping for anything else.

Ahem.

Fourze Novel said:
"Spoilers for the Kamen Rider Fourze novel has surfaced online, this take place in an alternate universe. The novel was released December 30 and written by Toshiki Inoue and Naohiro Okamura, with Inoue as the editor for the novels.

The basic plot remains the same, except much more condensed and many of the minor students such as Cancer and Aquarius are referenced simply as students who have awoken as Horoscopes. In addition to using Amanogawa as a testing ground for Zodiart Switches, Gamou is involved in human trafficking. Sonoda and Kou are former child slaves who suffer Stockholm syndrome, Hayami is a sexual predator who goes after younger students. Emoto is the true villain who manipulates both sides and turns into "Cosmic Libra" in the finale by absorbing all the Zodiarts and wishes to ascend to Godhood, due to suffering from gender identity issues which caused him to isolate himself.

The Kamen Rider Club are much more dysfunctional than in the show, with Gentarou being the only character who stays basically the same, except he does not try and befriend the villains. Ryusei is an Anti-Human Trafficking agent who was a child slave himself who grew up working for Chicago gangs, which gave him a love of disco, and is Sonoda's long-lost brother as they were separated when they were kidnapped. Ohsugi is absent from the novel. Kengo is deaf, mute, and blind and must use a computer to communicate with others, with Yuki being his chaperon. She often relieves herself by masturbating with a scale model of the Challenger. JK and Tomoko are dating and are on the fringe of the school system, barely showing up for school and have multiple disciplinary problems. Miu suffers from anorexia and cuts herself with Burgermeal at one point as the other cheerleaders run a smear campaign focusing on her weight. Shun has issues with his father like in the show, and at one point takes advantage of and rapes the Powerdizer."

This isn't real but Inoue's Rider novelizations are pretty much this.

Girls in Trouble - Episode Zero

WTF was that. Sakamoto is completely out of control. It was kinda of a mix of fanfic and full on Sakamoto brand of fanservice.

Also, why didn't they give any protection gear to the three first girls? This is a world with Metal Heroes and super strong spandex that protects most attacks!

Anyway, the action scenes were good, I guess. It was cool to see they fight, and it was nice to see the girls get a movie focusing on them, even if it was to fulfill the director's fetishes, I guess. I kinda felt bad for the characters, after how much abuse they got.

I liked that they used Spielban and Jiraya villains here. Hope we get more of this in the future, this fanservice I approve.

giphy.gif

They're probably shying away from human villains because Saban can't easily kitbash their costumes into new villains for adaptations.

Probably a large part of why GoBusters didn't get done.

Tiu Neo

I kinda miss the old main human villains from the 80s/early 90s. Gaja from Boukenger was a nice throwback to that, but that was more than 10 years ago already.

And then we have Enter, which was the best part of Go Busters, or Rio and Mele, that were awesome. Well, maybe on the next 3 core members sentai we'll get human villains again.

I kinda miss the old main human villains from the 80s/early 90s. Gaja from Boukenger was a nice throwback to that, but that was more than 10 years ago already.

And then we have Enter, which was the best part of Go Busters, or Rio and Mele, that were awesome. Well, maybe on the next 3 core members sentai we'll get human villains again.

I miss that component of tokusatsu dearly. I don't want to take away from voice acting, but there was something about having human villains that really sold a series sometimes.

NeonZ

I was never a fan of the attempts of mixing monster suits with visible actor faces. I like it when the villains have a clearly human form and then a monster form though (Like Rio, Mele or Enter), but the mixed suits never looked good to me.

Tiu Neo

One thing that changed from back then too is the... over the top-ness? of the villains. They were dramatic, expressive, used big movements. Nowdays it's a lot more contained.

And... I kinda liked half monster suit/half human villains from back then, too. Leh Wanda, Leh Nafel, Radiget, Tranza, Booba. All great characters, with great actors/stunmen playing them. I miss Hirose a lot, and Okamoto was great too.

Top Bottom