• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

NeonZ

This has nothing to do at all with what I said.

I assumed you added that correction because Philip's actor is very unlikely to return at this point, so we'd only get Shotaro/Joker. I mentioned Rider Taisen because it's perfectly possible to use W even with only Shotaro's actor available.

Beardy

A whole bunch new toy catalog pics came out that shows a bunch of the weapons as well as front profiles of the various combinations, including 3 we haven't seen yet (Rocket Panda, Pirate Train, Octopus Light).

WarRock

Hahaha, the Build figure looks so awkward sitting on the bike. Bike itself looks nothing like the suit, which is disappointing as hell.

Looks like the phone itself will have apps that help him fight.

HawkGatling gun is ok, kinda reminds me of Zeronos gun.
4-koma sword is cool and as expected. Hope the komas are modules that activate different effects for the sword.
Then we have a... pirate train form with a bow that can dock a train as an arrow? What?

Secondary Riders are like mechanical knights armed with rifles and bayonets. Wowa.

ClawDragon seems to use the Build Driver, but also has a pet transformer dragon like Canroids/Foodroids/Wizard familiars. Also has a generic looking sword with a led meter on the blade that probably fills when activating the finisher. Looks ok.

BunnyTank Sparking literally opens up and adds spikes everywhere in Build's body, somewhat between FangJoker and Deep Specter. Hope it doesn't ruin completely the asymmetry like usually happens. Stick to your fucking guns, Rider designers.

Ex-Aid and W bottles confirmed, as expected. OctopusLight head looks so wacky lol. I am really not sure about PirateTrain either, but RocketPanda is rocking gray and blue, so I'm having hope for that one.

The bottle case toy looks a circuit/fusion board and not a tool box. Interesting. Maybe Build motif has more to do with technology than mechanical stuff in the end?

No Cleaner or Fire bottles/forms spotted, so maybe they are Q2 power ups?

Delio

Wanted to jump in and say two things. One Kamen Rider Build and his forms look EXCELLENT and im super hyped to collect the figures.

Two, Ex Aid 39

Good lord the entire second half was brutal as hell.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Now that I have my own place I feel like I can finally collect Rider toys without my parents judging me---on the other hand, well, now I can't afford them. :(

javadoze

KnightRogue looks like if Kiva and Machine Chaser had a baby together.

Sucks that the legend rider bottles are only primary/secondary series motifs rather than combining primary/secondary riders (or combining two main riders into one).

Tiu Neo

Ultraman Geed 02

I like how the monsters attacking is not being treated as a mere nuisance, but as a serious situation with refugees and so on.

So, at least one person already knows his identity. It'll be cool to see them working more like a team. That was one of the weird things about Orb, how didn't anyone suspect of the weird overpowered hobo?

jwk94

Ex-Aid 39

Huh, they actually did it. I was expecting Emu to use Muteki to reprogram Pallad in a way that would eliminate him as a threat, but still let them both transform.

Tiu Neo

The talk of Ex-Aid ending in about 4 or 5 more episodes is getting stronger. Let it not be so.

I don't know. While I love Ex-Aid, it's better to end it early, if there's nothing more to tell. Ex-Aid's pacing is pretty good, no need to drag out only the few last episodes.

javadoze

Beardy

There's a Toei intern on the KamenRider subreddit that's saying there hasn't been talks at the office about Ex-Aid ending early, only that production of the Build toys will be early, so take the "Ex-Aid ending early" rumors with a grain of salt.

NeonZ

They have nowhere else to go, especially with Gamedeus being in the movie

Actually, the Gamedeus icon they showed on screen in the recent episode had different colors from the movie suit. I think we'll get some kind of Gamedeus in the tv show.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ex-Aid 39

Out of context that ending looked like a villain slaughtering a hero. That was cold Emu, fuck.

ahdurian

There's a Toei intern on the KamenRider subreddit that's saying there hasn't been talks at the office about Ex-Aid ending early, only that production of the Build toys will be early, so take the "Ex-Aid ending early" rumors with a grain of salt.

not sure what to believe
haven't there been scans though that show Build is debuting in September? like debut months for Build and the secondary riders?

Ex-Aid 39

Out of context that ending looked like a villain slaughtering a hero. That was cold Emu, fuck.

Emu learning from the king.

791180-polimar.jpg

Justice means no mercy.

A whole bunch new toy catalog pics came out that shows a bunch of the weapons as well as front profiles of the various combinations, including 3 we haven't seen yet (Rocket Panda, Pirate Train, Octopus Light).

Wow. Build has some really ugly forms.

Legend Riders look to have the same Living Thing/Job + Object combos. Ex-Aid looks to be Doctor + Game? W is Detective + USB?

Tiu Neo

Well, right now there's no credible sources for any of the sides, heh. But it is weird.

And a 13th Kyuranger? Wtf is his constelation? Lionman?

alvmew

Well, right now there's no credible sources for any of the sides, heh. But it is weird.

A 13th? Do you mean Shishi Red Orion (the white power-up form) or is there another scan out there I haven't seen yet?

Tiu Neo

A 13th? Do you mean Shishi Red Orion (the white power-up form) or is there another scan out there I haven't seen yet?

Oh, that's a power up? I thought it was a new ranger, since it was a different color. Yeah, now the helmet with a Lion and... something else? makes sense.

vareon

One side has a scan that shows Build campaign starts in September. "Ex-aid ending early" was a conclusion drawn from that, not the rumor itself.

The other was "Toei intern". I don't know his credibility on reddit though.

Beardy

One side has a scan that shows Build campaign starts in September. "Ex-aid ending early" was a conclusion drawn from that, not the rumor itself.

The other was "Toei intern". I don't know his credibility on reddit though.

I haven't been a part of the Tokusatsu group for long (Got in around the time Ex-Aid started), but he leaked the concept of Build weeks/months before even the silhouette of Build was leaked.

He was known on the subreddit as the intern, so I can only guess that he also leaked Ex-Aid before any real info started leaking.

Slayven

I wish Parado had a bugster form, unless Mighty brothers is suppose to be it.

Cronus was designed to take down Gamedeus, why is Gamedeus immune to his ace card?

javadoze

So Build shakes a bottle and unscrews it to transform while KnightRogue shoots himself in the head (ala Persona 3).

I'll give it about 10 episodes before KnightRogue has to change his transformation.

*Cue "Cracking Open a Cold One with The Boys" memes about Build*

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Y'know that fake (?) Build plot posted last week gave me some Nier vibes---y'know, I was thinking, what if they got Yoko Taro to be the head-writer?

I wish Parado had a bugster form, unless Mighty brothers is suppose to be it.

I'm guessing if they were to introduce one they'd just use that puzzle bugster from the Pac-Man film, or something like it.

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid 39

Yeah, Gemdeus being strong against the only Kamen Rider he's supposed to be weak against is a bit weird.

I like this setup for the big bad. Makes Gemdeus a bit less "that final enemy that shows up at the last episode" and more like a real menace. That IF it is the final enemy. Can't really be sure with this series.

That "final" dialog and battle between Emu and Pallad was well done too. It was nice watching Emu be ballsy by himself. I wonder if that will have something to do with how he will recover his powers. He really was ruthless at the end, I felt a bit bad for Pallad, even if he wanted to kill all humans.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Y'know that fake (?) Build plot posted last week gave me some Nier vibes---y'know, I was thinking, what if they got Yoko Taro to be the head-writer?

Something more fucked up than Kuuga, Ryuki, and Gaim
Or something insanely memetic like Blade

Mr-Joker

Banned
I imagined that the whole Gemdeus being strong against the only Kamen Rider he's supposed to be weak against is due to the virus mutating within Graphite...plus Pokémon logic of both Gemdeus and Cronus being super effective against each other, I er been playing Pokémon Diamond lately.

Also RIP Pallad you were cool but were evil and had to die, if only things were different then he and Emu would have been friends.

jwk94

If it's revealed that Parado is alive after that intense confrontation, it's going to be one biggest disappointments in the series.
I expect a well-written copout. They stopped Taiga from dying in an intuitive way, so I wouldn't expect anything less. God I'm loving the writing in this season.

Top Bottom