• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kyuranger 5

So it looks like Stinger will be a vintage sixth in that he won't hang around (for now). They'll have to address the elephant in the room involving Champ's creator though,.
I guess there's our excuse for sticking around Earth. "Something special"

Ex-Aid 22

Kuroto playing one hell of a long game. What a glorious bastard.
You can tell Emu was about to burst during his story.

alvmew

Quick, Top 5 Toku finishers.

1. Faiz's crimson smash
2. Blade's Royal Straight Flush
3. Zolda's End of The World
4. Rescue Force and Fire Mecha Finishers(cheated, but they are the same but the emotion of which they are delivered is great)
5. Kabuto's Hyper Clock Up

In no particular order:

- Kamen Rider Faiz's Crimson Smash
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Robot Action Gamer Level 3's Gekitotsu Critical Strike
- Kamen Rider Meteor's Starlight Shower
- Red Buster Powered Custom's Volcanick Attack
- Gokai Silver Gold Mode's Gokai Legend Dream

Is the Kyutama dance going to get updated?! I hope so based off of Space.6's preview.

Oh, and I finished watching all of Gekisou Sentai Carranger this weekend. I loved every minute of it! It's really boggling that Saban took that series and tried to make a serious season of Power Rangers with it. Should have just embraced the wacky.

Oh, and gotta say,
the Kyosuke/Red Racer x Zonette love line caught me by surprise. But, it was handled really well!
I ended up really liking what they did with it in the end.

A dappin' good Sentai series! ;)

Is the Kyutama dance going to get updated?! I hope so based off of Space.6's preview.

Oh, and I finished watching all of Gekisou Sentai Carranger this weekend. I loved every minute of it! It's really boggling that Saban took that series and tried to make a serious season of Power Rangers with it. Should have just embraced the wacky.

Oh, and gotta say,
the Kyosuke/Red Racer x Zonette love line caught me by surprise. But, it was handled really well!
I ended up really liking what they did with it in the end.

A dappin' good Sentai series! ;)

Its one of my favorite shows of the 90's, and really hit me by surprise when I was getting the tapes back in '96. I'm really looking forward to getting the box set next month, and then eagerly awaiting the Megaranger announcement for later on this year.

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid 22

Of course Kiriya knew more than he told. And, of course, that'll probably be the hook for Emu to ressurrect when he dies to get his final form, lol.

That backstory, I didn't expect that at all. So, gamer Emu may be bugster Emu after all.

I love how we finally have a great villain again after last season's meh enemies. His reason to be that way is so silly, and yet he's so over the top, magnificent bastard, it works so well.

I also love how Snipe blew the Gashat when it didn't work, heh.

So it looks like Stinger will be a vintage sixth in that he won't hang around (for now).

Hey, that's true! I didn't think about that, since it could be temporary, but I kinda hope it stays that way. I miss the separate, kinda antagonistic sixths.

BossRush

1. Faiz's crimson smash
4. Rescue Force and Fire Mecha Finishers(cheated, but they are the same but the emotion of which they are delivered is great)

1. Drive Tridoron, Mach, and Chaser's Triple rider kick
2. Garren's Burning Divide
SAYOKO!!!
3. Cosmic Fourze's Rider Kick
4. Ryuki's Final Vent
5. Faiz's Crimson Smash

vareon

1. Faiz's crimson smash

5. Ryuki's Final Vent
4. Gokai Silver's Gokai Shooting Star
3. Ex-aid's Robot Gamer rocket punch thing
2. Kiva's Darkness Moon Break
1. Final Attack Ride Hibiki

WarRock

Hammy Zombie Action 22
ONORE EMU IT'S ALL HIS FAULT
Gemn knows that Emu got Kiriya's Driver, right? The scene lost the impact for me because of that.

Why Niko and Taiga refused games with monks? Was that a pun or something?

Anyway, those Riders are royally screwed. Hiiro is breaking down without anybody (except for Pallad, maybe) knowing and is going to suffer the consequences for letting Gemn escape. His father probably will take hit for that too. Taiga's surefire plan went down the drain and the Zombie became Lv. X. Emu's bugster is going nuts without anybody noticing too (the entire scene with Gemn in the CR, wowa), he discovered that he is at fault for the Bugster virus itself and that he's being played (hah!) by the BBEG since forever, now losing his Driver and not being killed because he is not a threat anymore.

Rider Chronicle is almost at hand. Pallad is obviously scheming something. We are only at episode 22!

I also love how Snipe blew the Gashat when it didn't work, heh.
Yes! That and the plastic burgers on the table were such nice easter eggs haha.

WarRock

latest

KAIGAN: BENKEI

WarRock

Hey, wasn't Juspion and maybe some other Metal Heroes supposed to be in the latest Taisen? Or am I just misremembering things?

Link1110

I'm really enjoying ex-aid, but what do you guys think is gonna happen when Kamen Rider Chronicle is finished? I'm sort of worried it's gonna turn into Gaim, since tons of riders fighting in the real world was that series thing. Anyone else a little worried?

Slayven

Dan's a great villain. His motivation isn't that deep, but sometimes a good crazy motherfucker is all you need. I couldn't even tell you what Ghost's villain wanted

vareon

I'm really enjoying ex-aid, but what do you guys think is gonna happen when Kamen Rider Chronicle is finished? I'm sort of worried it's gonna turn into Gaim, since tons of riders fighting in the real world was that series thing. Anyone else a little worried?

There are a lot of scenarios for tons of riders fighting in the real world, I don't think "turning into gaim" is much of a concern.

Tiu Neo

Dunno. It could be done differently, just like different Kamen Rider series do different "Rider vs Monsters" settings.

I think there is something to be made with the Bugsters that are needed for the Riders to transform. Kinda like Emu having two personalities, you know?

WarRock

That's Gavan vs Dekaranger. Mad Gallant/MacGaren will be in it.
Ah, thanks!

Civilians versus Riders or Riders trying to stop civilians going against civilians are cool concepts though. Specially if everybody gets a mass produced Driver, I don't think any series went so far with the concept of MP Riders?

A certain sites banned from being talked about here? Because holy shit I've found the Toku motherload. I don't even know what to begin watching.

WarRock

Yeah, Ryulong started a real shitstorm with the whole Gorenger thing, not to mention taking over wikipedia, what a mess.
I still can't get over the debates around RaToraTa/LahToraTa or whatever. Also, lol at dragondragon and his wiki privileges.

A certain sites banned from being talked about here? Because holy shit I've found the Toku motherload. I don't even know what to begin watching.
Linking to piracy is not allowed in GAF as whole as far as I know.

I still can't get over the debates around RaToraTa/LahToraTa or whatever. Also, lol at dragondragon and his wiki privileges.

Linking to piracy is not allowed in GAF as whole as far as I know.
Right. It's hard to tell where that line is because of the fansub thing. Just thought I'd ask.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
That marathon thread is basically 200 pages of people throwing shade at Rocky ��

people thought they were gonna get another jason. instead he was a red that was second banana to tommy (to be fair, everyone was)

They...they do know Super Sentai isn't the name of a genre, right?

apparently not. opening with anime series and the only sentai series being seen being go-onger kinda proves that.

javadoze

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid 22

Dan is a wonderful bastard with perhaps one of the most petty villain motivations ever and I love him.

Kyuranger 5

Heel turn for Stinger only took 2 episodes (yeah, I know he's a spy and all, but whatever). Enjoyable episode regardless. I like how Stinger is looking to be a nonregular team member at the moment. Also,
Scorpio is totally the killer of Champ's creator. Can't wait to see how hawktiger does another villain role if this is true.

As always:

"YOSHA LUCKY"s this episode: 7

"YOSHA LUCKY"s overall: 32.5

We were gradually toning them down for a while there, but this episode sees a spike back to episode 2 levels.

Big One

Banned
I mean she isn't wrong in that a lot of those series are basically sentai series, though "Super Sentai" is only supposed to be referring to TOEI's product and not the concept itself.

Btw I've been getting Toku another go after a several year hiatus, and I figured I'd just pick up the current most Rider and Sentai series. My thoughts thus far:

Kyuranger (up to current)

So far I'm really enjoying it. I love it's basically the premise of Power Rangers in Space after injecting 20 pounds of cocaine. On the flipside I also hate how they're stuck on Earth now, hope it doesn't last too long.

Really enjoying the different ranger molds as well. Finally some variety. TOEI trying something truly different with this series so I can appreciate that. Not a fan of the roulette thing when they just end up having all the rangers appear anyway, lol.

Ex-Aid (up to episode 17)

I'm enjoying this much more than I thought I would. I thought the suit designs were pretty horrific at first but after a while they grow on you as the show explores more of the video game theme of the show.

They do some ballsy shit by killing off one of the main riders so soon (to be fair he isn't in the opening as far as I can tell), and Genm is just a glorious bastard all around.

I'm a bit confused on why Brave and Snipe have to fight Ex-Aid to get his Bugster out, when telling him the truth would likely lead to the same result, but whatever. Maybe this will be explained soon.

I'm guessing Kamen Rider Chronicle is going to be Ryuki 2.0 in concept. Those silhouettes shown briefly HAVE to be new riders.

Also since episode 2 I've been predicting that this all takes place in a virtual world ala the Matrix. There's just something off about the world of Ex-Aid. Brave's dad is constantly glitching out and Asuna being able to travel back and forth from a TV screen is a bit weird even though she's a Bugster. And computer bugs/viruses infecting the real world wouldn't make sense otherwise.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kyuranger (up to current)

So far I'm really enjoying it. I love it's basically the premise of Power Rangers in Space after injecting 20 pounds of cocaine. On the flipside I also hate how they're stuck on Earth now, hope it doesn't last too long.

Hehehehehehehehehehehe

WarRock

Ex-Aid (up to episode 17)

I'm enjoying this much more than I thought I would. I thought the suit designs were pretty horrific at first but after a while they grow on you as the show explores more of the video game theme of the show.
I think this is true for all of us hahah.

Defuser

people thought they were gonna get another jason. instead he was a red that was second banana to tommy (to be fair, everyone was)
To be fair asking a newbie no experience member of power rangers to take up the leader position that Jason left doesn't make sense.

Tommy was a logical decision.

Tiu Neo

I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Kyuranger leave earth even for an arc.

Maybe the final one, if they don't do it like Gokaiger.

Big One

Banned
Ex-Aid (up to current)

Genm continues to be a glorious bastard. Really liking the direction shift this series took. Though some things for me aren't quite adding up.

- What was Emu's first surgery for, exactly? It's likely the surgery happened BEFORE Genm sent him the prototype game infected with the Bugster, but I find it weird we don't know much about it. Genm seemed to fear the Ministry more than the riders that are trying to defeat him, so I'm curious if there's a bigger, more sinister plan at foot here.
- If the second surgery was a failure at removing the virus and caused Day Zero to happen, why did Emu regress back to his "normal" self right after it and put video games on hold in favor of being a doctor?
- If Genm only spread the Bugster virus rather than create it, then who created the original Bugster virus?

I sort of have a theory that there's still more to Emu than meets the eye.

I really think we might see a twist that Emu is actually a Bugster that received a human transplant from the good doctor that saved his life 16 years ago. This is how Emu became a genius game designer the likes of Dan that pissed Dan off so much, despite being so young at the time. It's also why the Bugster can't escape his body nor can it be detected by the scanners, because Emu IS the Bugster. The program sent to him from Dan was actually a reprogram to see if Dan can control the Bugster for his own needs, but it failed miserable. Just a theory to consider at least.

WarRock

As far as I understood, either Emu had an unrelated health problem that led to the first surgery or whatever illness he had was orchestrated to justify the surgery and infect him. And nobody created the virus, it was a consequence of the Y2K bug (best plot ever), Gemn just adapted it to games somehow.

Big One

Banned
As far as I understood, either Emu had an unrelated health problem that led to the first surgery or whatever illness he had was orchestrated to justify the surgery and infect him. And nobody created the virus, it was a consequence of the Y2K bug (best plot ever), Gemn just adapted it to games somehow.
We don't really know that for sure, though. Genm's father just said it appeared once the Y2K happened due to one of the computers malfunctioning. It's got to be a hell of a malfunction to create a virus that can break reality. There's definitely something more to it than jut Genm spreading it on Day Zero.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
To be fair asking a newbie no experience member of power rangers to take up the leader position that Jason left doesn't make sense.

Tommy was a logical decision.

we get that all the time. even if there was a rivalry, it would have been something. instead he became tommys flunkie

Slayven

Ex-aid is only on ep 23? Damn feels like the end game already. That is why I don't think Dan will be around much longer. I think Daddy is coming home

Top Bottom