• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Mashing

Ugh, 2nd chapter end boss was annoying. Took me two tries to beat him (long fight both times). I think my mistake was playing more defensive rather than offensive. I was trying to CC the adds rather than just nuking them.

Kaizu

Speaking of which, there's another rare monster later. Anyone know a good place for the second monster? I'm having trouble finding a reliable location.

Is that the ufo monster? I found it on daily arena and locations specified here: http://spwiki.net/sharpfe/wikis/107.html . Site is in Japanese but just look at the third map image onward. The third map image location is at Daiba Studio idolsphere(the normal non sealed area, I think). The fourth and fifth images are from the dungeon in chapter 6. I personally used the location found in the last image.

Makonero

Is that the ufo monster? I found it on daily arena and locations specified here: http://spwiki.net/sharpfe/wikis/107.html . Site is in Japanese but just look at the third map image onward. The third map image location is at Daiba Studio idolsphere(the normal non sealed area, I think). The fourth and fifth images are from the dungeon in chapter 6. I personally used the location found in the last image.
Thanks! I just got all the trophies for the mirages so i don't need it anymore but I appreciate it!

I think I'm done going after trophies. Time to beat the game.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Gah, there's a lot of steps to Chapter 5.

no%2Band%2Bthen%2B.gif

Rainy

Banned
Any tips to chapter 3 boss?
On the first few turns before he casts bodyguard be sure to take out the Cleric (since it heals) and one of the Red Mages (since they cast annoying spells). Buffs are your friend here, try to keep your defense, hit, and evasion up if you can. Tsubasa's "Debut Smile" special performance comes in handy if you have it. The Bodyguard ability kinda works against him if you can pile damage on and he doesn't have a healer on the field. Just keep chipping away and you can do it. Also buy better accessories if you feel that your characters and sustaining too much damage.

Robin64

About 30 mins into chapter 5 myself. I am not liking where this is going, even the first bit
in the sublevels of 106
is a bit of a drag.

Delio

Oh god I took a few days off to play some games with a friend but now im dreading going back and starting Chapter 5 now. Is it really that bad atm?

BlueEyedBeast

Neo Member
Just finished the game! I had to restrain myself from jumping into a NewGame+ with Lunatic mode (Normal mode has already eaten up so much of my life!), but I imagine I'll be back in a couple of days to give it a whirl.

I had so many games on my backlog and TMS#FE just eclipsed them all and I played nothing but for the past week. I'm surprised how engaging the experience was!

thefro

Picked this up and played into Chapter 1.

Battle system is engaging, plot is serviceable enough, good music. Definitely enjoying it thus far.

BlueEyedBeast

Neo Member
End game spoilers:

Itsuki bringing back the funk in the credits music! I NEED that song! By far one of my favorites from the whole game. Right next to the Fire Emblem theme.

Man mamori's panicking animation is cute. Thanks for whoever linked the macca converter farming tips. Got them all in like 2 minutes.

lt519

Just beat Chapter 3 at level 31. Didn't have to use any mirrors or anything. Used a party of Tsubasa and Kiria. Once I realized that he protects his adds and resummoned them I brought in Kiria and had her cast lullaby constantly. Istuki used armorslayer on the boss and Tsubasa played support by using the Smile special performance every three turns (or the Clap Track item). Was actually pretty easy expect i couldn't kill the bosses healer so tool a while.

These may be my favorite RPG boss fights in a very very long time.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just beat Chapter 3 at level 31. Didn't have to use any mirrors or anything. Used a party of Tsubasa and Kiria. Once I realized that he protects his adds and resummoned them I brought in Kiria and had her cast lullaby constantly. Istuki used armorslayer on the boss and Tsubasa played support by using the Smile special performance every three turns (or the Clap Track item). Was actually pretty easy expect i couldn't kill the bosses healer so tool a while.
This was almost exactly how I bested it. high-five.
Used Itsuki's double turn to obliterate him.

-Horizon-

Ch 2 mid boss... the f they wiped my party in 2 turns >:|

The
camera monster?
That mid boss was a jerk. I basically used my first attempt to try to figure out the weaknesses of those mob archers and took the game over screen.
Second time went better though.

So I just discovered the arena, haven't done anything in it yet, what should I know? Is there a reason to start doing it now? What do you get from it?

lt519

This was almost exactly how I bested it. high-five.
Used Itsuki's double turn to obliterate him.

I was going to try that but didn't want to risk wasting my SP and be caught without all the benefits of Debut Smile. Sounds pretty powerful though.

Finally got an Axe wielder! Joined my party at a higher level than everyone haha..

Makonero

Man mamori's panicking animation is cute. Thanks for whoever linked the macca converter farming tips. Got them all in like 2 minutes.

I love how she has to take an extra step after slamming an axe on a bad guy, it's adorable.

I just beat the game! I only teared up during the credits
when I saw Iwata's name. :(

Fantastic A+ game, tied for best RPG on WiiU with Xenoblade X for me.

BlueEyedBeast

Neo Member
I love how she has to take an extra step after slamming an axe on a bad guy, it's adorable.

I just beat the game! I only teared up during the credits
when I saw Iwata's name. :(

Fantastic A+ game, tied for best RPG on WiiU with Xenoblade X for me.

Seeing his name up there got me going too... That man was overflowing with Performa.

DVCY201

I totally destroyed the Chapter 2 Mid Boss, then got killed afterwards. I forgot to save, ouch, now I gotta do it over again. I kinda wish there was some auto-saving...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So after many trials and tribulations, I had to do another reorder which I did a couple days ago, and wont get it until th 8th apparently, just so much shit to get a SE of a game i should be playing now ;_;

Makonero

What is everyone's favorite Idol song so far?

I love Give Me, but Dreamcatcher is the Splatoon song so I kinda have to go with that...

FluxWaveZ

What is everyone's favorite Idol song so far?

I love Give Me, but Dreamcatcher is the Splatoon song so I kinda have to go with that...

Give Me!! was the one I would always listen to prior to the game's Japanese release; it's my favorite. It's also my favorite Duo Art.

Wish I could see how the voice actors themselves danced and sung to it during the concert last month. Hopefully they eventually release a DVD of it.

Reszo

Chapter 4's boss was absolutely disgusting, what the fuck

Actually wasn't that bad for me. I used my one magic mirror I didn't know I had and he practically killed himself with Mabufudyne after wailing on him for a couple rounds because of all his defense/health?. Then finished him off with a session. I also like that bosses can be stunned lol.

Yashiro didn't really hit hard at all and he died pretty fast lol.

Top Bottom