• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

KarmaCow

I thought Razmos was misunderstanding these quests, too, but now that I'm going through this one, I'm having the same issue. I just fought six of the required monster and *none* of them counted except for the one that I directly initiated an attack on with Eleonora. And she was even involved in all of the sessions that killed the other ones. I wonder why this quest in particular changes up the rules like this...

It doesn't actually say it AFAIK but the other requirement is that the person who needs the kills needs to be part of the main cast, not that they need to initiate it. Yea, it's dumb.

Well, doesn't the laptop say you haven't advanced far enough in the story for it to become available? If so, then that's the case.

Kiria's 3rd sidequest can be completed before you start Chapter 3. If he's in Chapter 4 and it isn't popping then it's likely that her stage rank isn't high enough.

The first question is actually addressed in-game.

Guess I haven't gotten that far yet.

Spoil me on the 4th dungeon cause I'm getting bored; is there any way to tell the right room to go into before going into it? Can't remember which rooms I've already gone into and the map doesn't mark them off so I'm just repeatedly going back to 0.

FluxWaveZ

I thought Razmos was misunderstanding these quests, too, but now that I'm going through this one, I'm having the same issue. I just fought six of the required monster and *none* of them counted except for the one that I directly initiated an attack on with Eleonora. And she was even involved in all of the sessions that killed the other ones. I wonder why this quest in particular changes up the rules like this...

I absolutely had them counted when Itsuki was destroying them in my playthrough. I remember this specifically because I wondered if an AoE attack that killed one of them counted if a Session was performed on another, and it did. Those enemies are weak to sword attacks, so I would use Heat Wave and, let's say there were 2 on the field, I'd target one of them. The other would immediately die, and a session where Eleonora participated would then start on the other. When the battle would end, the counter would increment by 2.

No it doesn't, it just says a topic will be appearing soon. And soon was like 3 hours ago.

That's weird, I don't think I've ever seen that message before.

Guess I haven't gotten that far yet.

Spoil me on the 4th dungeon cause I'm getting bored; is there any way to tell the right room to go into before going into it? Can't remember which rooms I've already gone into and the map doesn't mark them off so I'm just repeatedly going back to 0.

Look at the note you received and then look at the randomly generated numbers that appear at the top screen when it kicks you back to the start of the dungeon. It's pretty simple: just follow that order of entering the doors.

Look at the note you received and then look at the randomly generated numbers that appear at the top screen when it kicks you back to the start of the dungeon. It's pretty simple: just follow that order of entering the doors.

Which note? And I don't see any numbers or any indicators by the doors to determine which is which.

FluxWaveZ

Which note? And I don't see any numbers or any indicators by the doors to determine which is which.

You definitely skipped something crucial.
When you're kicked to the entrance, talk to the NPC that's there. Go to your inventory, whatever note you managed to skip out on reading should be there.

Also, it's not about numbers listed on the physical doors, it's about the door locations. Look at your map. The numbers correspond to the door positions, which relates to the order in which you have to enter the doors at those positions.

The real answer is

8 screens, look at map, go

You definitely skipped something crucial.
When you're kicked to the entrance, talk to the NPC that's there. Go to your inventory, whatever note you managed to skip out on reading should be there.

Also, it's not about numbers listed on the physical doors, it's about the door locations. Look at your map. The numbers correspond to the door positions, which relates to the order in which you have to enter the doors at those positions.

When I'm kicked to the entrance there isn't any NPC there. There's nothing in my inventory remotely related to this dungeon.

Edit: Oh wait, think I figured it out anyways.

Edit x 2: Yup, got it. There's the NPC. I didn't even reach that point til now.

Edit x 3: Or...not? Whatever.

Is there a compelling reason to drink anything other than Muscle Drink EX? I've been defaulting to it ever since I realized it raised the entire party's luck.

In the LCD room in the 4th dungeon- can you get to all of the side bits on initial entry? Because it's driving me batty.

Keep playing. You'll come back to that room and access different parts as you progress through the dungeon. That threw me off, too. Lol

Finally got around to booting this up as I was busy when I got it and then I had to play Zero Time Dilemma first. Just wanted to say I already like Itsuki as a person. He sends messages with correct grammar.

Itsuki's pretty much a standard dud. I wasn't expecting much out of him and if I play a game with another "dense" protagonist who is capable of connecting dots no one else in the game can but can't tell a girl likes him when her tongue's up his ass I think my eyes might roll back so hard they spin perpetually into infinity and I'll catch a glimpse of the heat death of the universe.

Tsubasa is a dope but her topics are somewhat endearing.

Thanks Flux and Hawthorne for the help, though I still haven't seen this mystery NPC/inventory item.

Totakeke

Kiria's 3rd sidequest can be completed before you start Chapter 3. If he's in Chapter 4 and it isn't popping then it's likely that her stage rank isn't high enough.

That's weird, I don't think I've ever seen that message before.

Can anyone give a brief description of her third sidequest? I think I've done two so far, and I doubt it's because the stage rank is too low because hers is like rank 10.

Itsuki's pretty much a standard dud. I wasn't expecting much out of him and if I play a game with another "dense" protagonist who is capable of connecting dots no one else in the game can but can't tell a girl likes him when her tongue's up his ass I think my eyes might roll back so hard they spin perpetually into infinity and I'll catch a glimpse of the heat death of the universe.

Which performa gives Tsubasa that skill?

Rappy

I finished all the side stories(it's required for a special ending and costume for new game+), but I didn't do some of the fetch quests since their rewards seemed mediocre at the time.

40 hours on hard, doing all the side stories, and Itsuki being 60 seems impossible to me. Or maybe I'm just bad or not exploiting items/mirrors. I'm clocking around 56 hours on the game clock(so not counting game overs) on the final boss and all side stories done, on hard. And maybe 5 of those hours idle time.

I never bother with attacks that don't give me sessions. I haven't run out of EP since Chapter 2.

I'd say skip it.

Thanks, speaking of which, I'm thinking of getting rid of Flux for the same reason.

Do those skills ever get session follow ups? Or are the dark/light skills just separate?

KarmaCow

I never bother with attacks that don't give me sessions. I haven't run out of EP since Chapter 2.

I'd say skip it.

Yea outside of the arena, there doesn't seem to be much reason to pick up single target healing skills. You get so much money from sessions that it's practically impossible to run out even if you entirely rely on items.

Rainy

Banned
Just finished Touma's second side story, that was pretty amusing.

Also for class changes, is there a better class to change to for each of the characters? Like would you say each upgrade is equal or is there one that's better for each member.
I'm just wondering because I'm not sure how rare master seals are. Haven't changed any yet since I only have 1.
I was thinking of changing Chrom into a Great Lord.

Rainy

Banned
A side story question...
Do we get that cat outfit that Kiria wore in her second side story?! That was adorable!

Also wtf I felt so sad over eating a donut in that Tiki side story.

I now also want a donut.

mrmickfran

03rxvNa.jpg

I had no idea that Doflamingo was in this game.

BTA

I'm sure glad I caught the post about that
surprise boss fight
. Definitely would have lost some progress if I'd gone in blind.

Can someone point me to that post, please? I have finished ZTD and so will be jumping back into this tomorrow; I'm also likely to get blindsided, so I'd like to know if possible.

Finished chap 3 and wow that boss was tough but did it in one shot. Looking forward the new member of my party.

Edit: Anyone know where the girl is that the stood up boy in hachiko station wants to find.

Kaizu

Finished chap 3 and wow that boss was tough but did it in one shot. Looking forward the new member of my party.

Edit: Anyone know where the girl is that the stood up boy in hachiko station wants to find.

Either 106 or Shibuya idolsphere depending on how many times you did the quest. First time will be 106 idolsphere. She will be right there when you entered iirc.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

She is on the roof I think... probably.

NeonZ

Go to the clothing shop in Harajuku

The outfit is amazing

It even adds unique battle quotes.

You'll need to find her several times and then go back to talk with him. Then go back where she was and he'll be there, talk with him again and then go search for her again. I remember her popping up in Harakuju and the area in front of the first dungeon then finally 106.

DedValve

Banned
Fantastic OT. I haven't been on a JRPG (outside of pokemon) for a long, looooong time. This seems right up my alley.

How is the grinding? Prefer more reliance on tactics over grinding and atlus has be both excited and scared in that regard.

And hows the difficulty of this?

I'm about five hours into the game now. I've never played an SMT, Persona or Fire Emblem game before, but I watched the Giant Bomb LP of Persona 4 so I feel like I had a leg up on understanding the Unity stuff. I'm really enjoying it so far; just finished Chapter 1 and I'm in the Intermission now.

Do I need to worry about missing any of these side missions with my team mates? The game seemed to suggest that I should have had Touma at a high enough Stage Rank to play his side mission by now, but I'm nowhere near that and it seems like it's going to take a fair bit of grinding to get there (Touma seems like my worst guy at the moment, and I was looking forward to dumping him for Kiria). Are there going to be Intermissions between every chapter, so I can just do his side mission on the next one?

Kaizu

Do I need to worry about missing any of these side missions with my team mates? The game seemed to suggest that I should have had Touma at a high enough Stage Rank to play his side mission by now, but I'm nowhere near that and it seems like it's going to take a fair bit of grinding to get there (Touma seems like my worst guy at the moment, and I was looking forward to dumping him for Kiria). Are there going to be Intermissions between every chapter, so I can just do his side mission on the next one?

There's no missable side missions/requests in the game. You can do character side stories anytime( including during the main chapter) once unlocked. Stage Rank levels up pretty fast later on in game so don't worry about grinding.

So about class change, was the consensus that it was better to change into the class you don't want to end up in first to unlock the Carnages then switch over?

Does Itsuki get better costumes at some point? I'm about to start Chapter 5 and the only outfit available for him at the Harajuku shop is a school uniform that makes him look like Bob Saget when he hosted AFV.

Top Bottom