• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I like to act like mirrors are cheating; felt so dirty when I used it.
Using the skill was fine though...

Doorman

Just had my head handed to me by the Chapter 3 boss, and it's highlighting to me a trend that I'm really unexcited to be dealing with, though I suspect it's only going to continue on throughout. I'm not a fan of the fact that it seems like every boss fight is largely going to come down to them trying to overwhelm the player through sheer number of attacks. Every boss coming in with a constantly-replenishing entourage was old quickly, and now that I'm into the fourth boss in a row where they're allowed to attack twice per turn "just because," I'm really not looking forward to the rest of this anymore. What comes next, letting them go three times a round, on top of all the adds? As soon as one party member goes down, the whole fight feels lost, since a turn spent reviving someone just leaves them all open to getting sessioned to death all over again.

Hmmmph. I'm sure I'll be able to beat this with a little bit more planning but if this is what every boss fight in the game plays out like, my enthusiasm for the rest of the game is going to take a pretty significant dive.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Just had my head handed to me by the Chapter 3 boss, and it's highlighting to me a trend that I'm really unexcited to be dealing with, though I suspect it's only going to continue on throughout. I'm not a fan of the fact that it seems like every boss fight is largely going to come down to them trying to overwhelm the player through sheer number of attacks. Every boss coming in with a constantly-replenishing entourage was old quickly, and now that I'm into the fourth boss in a row where they're allowed to attack twice per turn "just because," I'm really not looking forward to the rest of this anymore. What comes next, letting them go three times a round, on top of all the adds? As soon as one party member goes down, the whole fight feels lost, since a turn spent reviving someone just leaves them all open to getting sessioned to death all over again.

Hmmmph. I'm sure I'll be able to beat this with a little bit more planning but if this is what every boss fight in the game plays out like, my enthusiasm for the rest of the game is going to take a pretty significant dive.
That's how Atelier is, I freakin hate multi attack bosses. It's just not fair.

HawthorneKitty

You would eclipse them in power if they didn't attack more than once. Later on with extended sessions and duos at your dispose, it'll become clear why they have minions as you decimate solo boss fights, especially when you activate Itsuki's attack twice in a row.

Doorman

You would eclipse them in power if they didn't attack more than once. Later on with extended sessions and duos at your dispose, it'll become clear why they have minions as you decimate solo boss fights, especially when you activate Itsuki's attack twice in a row.

I wouldn't know what it feels like to decimate a solo boss fight since I literally don't think I've encountered one yet.

I know the sessions and ad-libs and special performances and such give you an advantage, but I feel like it still wouldn't be that tough to balance the bosses around that, rather than their go-to response being to just throw more at you at a time. Perhaps this is standard fare for other Personas, I wouldn't know, but typically mob-fights like what this game's been littered with to this point are more the exception than the rule, it just gets tiresome for crowd control to be the primary focus this many times in a row. The fact that enemies can session as well is cool, but then it makes the double-attack boss part of it a bit redundant, and as I said, it makes recouping a loss awfully tough.

Trace

Banned
I wouldn't know what it feels like to decimate a solo boss fight since I literally don't think I've encountered one yet.

I know the sessions and ad-libs and special performances and such give you an advantage, but I feel like it still wouldn't be that tough to balance the bosses around that, rather than their go-to response being to just throw more at you at a time. Perhaps this is standard fare for other Personas, I wouldn't know, but typically mob-fights like what this game's been littered with to this point are more the exception than the rule, it just gets tiresome for crowd control to be the primary focus this many times in a row. The fact that enemies can session as well is cool, but then it makes the double-attack boss part of it a bit redundant, and as I said, it makes recouping a loss awfully tough.

It's pretty much standard fare for the other personas. If someone in your party gets hit by a weakness the boss goes again, and sometimes they go multiple times "just because" as well. It's really the only thing that keeps the game from being a steamroll against a player that knows the mechanics.

Javier

StA7cN3.jpg

This game, guys. This game.

Soul Lab

yooooo HOLY SHIT. So I just did Barry's 2nd side quest

So this video and song of the Tsubasa/Ellie collab... This is totally Squid Sisters! The beginning of the song sounds similar to the Squid Sisters song and they look like Callie and Marie. OMG!

lt519

At the 4th chapter final boss, while the dungeon stories are the same thing but swap for a monster of the day type thing; the themes are still awesome and the dungeons are actually fun compared to a game like P4G.

Still loving the combat. Found myself underleveled in Chapter 4 and it's been very fun. I'm using every single character, swapping them in/out during fights so I can create max sessions between my cast and subcast. Such a great system.

Either going to beat this boss in one or two tires or call it a night. I think I'm overleved now that ive been going for all the treasures in here and used 3 master seals.

Edit: first try, too beefy, leveled up an absurd amount in dungeon 4 and have some really good sessions going, btw he tips off what element he is changing too, makes the fight really easy. Just juggle your characters accordingly. I think the three master seals made a huge difference, and then immediately equipping weapons for the class change that had more resistances.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg, yes, I finally made it so someone can join in a session even if they're not in battle. Now hopefully I can make this happen for my other party members.

Gonna try & focus on making weapons for characters that need a new weapon to learn skills from or need something stronger, but man is it kind of annoying having such a long list of "LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF YOU CAN MAKE!"

Just hope I can complete Ch. 3 tonight, this dungeon seems like it's going to be a pain....

Renewed

I can't hold all these Duo Arts. tfw when you activate the same Duo Art twice in a session on a boss.

I remember when I thought "what am I gonna do with all this money?" then I remembered costumes. Holy crap, 1+ mill gone. But Ouga/Give Me costumes are worth it.

I have to actually sit down and grind 3-Star Prestiges because I have 4 of them while I have 80 4-Star Prestiges. This is ridiculous... Heck I have a +4 Balmung before I have a Durandal.

Just need 2 more Master Seals and then I can worry about the next rotation of class changes.

lt519

Ch 2, getting my butt handed to me. Why is everyone weak against Axes? orz

Lance users, you can actually get a weapon for Tsubasa that has Axe defense, I needed that for the Chapter 2 boss.

Edit: holy shit more characters... too many now

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I'm guessing now that I have the ability to bring in non-active members into sessions, they'll earn more EXP & level their stage rank faster as well?

Just feels good knowing I can finally have my sessions go higher than 3 now.

Frimaire

Soooo, what's up with Kiria having a session skill called Elec-Elblizzard?
Is it a typo and it's supposed to say EX Blizzard?
I don't remember any of the other skills sharing this naming convention.
Actually, now that I think about it, even that typo thing doesn't make sense, 'cause normally the EX goes after the full name of the skill...

Renewed

This has to be the sole reason for Melmarks to be honest. I'll probably burn them when they start getting close to the max.

Soooo, what's up with Kiria having a session skill called Elec-Elblizzard?
Is it a typo and it's supposed to say EX Blizzard?
I don't remember any of the other skills sharing this naming convention.
Actually, now that I think about it, even that typo thing doesn't make sense, 'cause normally the EX goes after the full name of the skill...

There's stuff like Elwind and such and that's supposed to imply it's like EX (a medium level Session skill). I imagine there'll be Arc- to imply heavy.

I'm trying to find Himemaro in order to complete a sidequest given to me by Ayaha but I don't remember who that is and he doesn't appear on the mini-map. Any idea where I can find him?

I love this game but the lack of a quest-log is infuriating.

Renewed

I'm trying to find Himemaro in order to complete a sidequest given to me by Ayaha but I don't remember who that is and he doesn't appear on the mini-map. Any idea where I can find him?

Does Ayaha not tell you where the next objective is? I think she tells you where to find the person and where their Performa is afterwards. I'd assume they could be in Shibuya, Daitama or Harajuku.

Rappy

Just talk to Ayaha again, and I believe she does tell you where people are again. They'll all be in a posture that indicates their performa have been drained. That said, I think the one you're referring to is at Daitama Observatory.

Also, any word if they'll be releasing a DVD of the PREMIUM LIVE event they had a ~month ago?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yikes, I unlocked Kiria's final side-story, but it says level 42, & everyone is around level 31 & 32 at the moment, pretty sure I'm not ready yet unless it's just more "go slay # monsters".

Does Ayaha not tell you where the next objective is? I think she tells you where to find the person and where their Performa is afterwards. I'd assume they could be in Shibuya, Daitama or Harajuku.

Just talk to Ayaha again, and I believe she does tell you where people are again. They'll all be in a posture that indicates their performa have been drained. That said, I think the one you're referring to is at Daitama Observatory.

Also, any word if they'll be releasing a DVD of the PREMIUM LIVE event they had a ~month ago?

Thanks for the answers. Usually when lost in a sidequest, the NPC who gave it will have the necessary information but in this case, Ayaha had nothing to say regarding the location of the person I was looking for. Thankfully, I just ran into her, she was in Shibuya, north of Hee Ho Mart.

Rappy

Thanks for the answers. Usually when lost in a sidequest, the NPC who gave it will have the necessary information but in this case, Ayaha had nothing to say regarding the location of the person I was looking for. Thankfully, I just ran into her, she was in Shibuya, north of Hee Ho Mart.
Hmm, well I thought she did repeat the name of the place for that one, but I guess it isn't immediately recognizable or pointed out that is a ramen shop/restaurant or whatever it was as most of the background buildings just blend together. But yeah, they should have added a map marker for her quests.

Hmm, well I thought she did repeat the name of the place for that one, but I guess it isn't immediately recognizable or pointed out that is a ramen shop/restaurant or whatever it was as most of the background buildings just blend together. But yeah, they should have added a map marker for her quests.

It's possible she does repeat the name of the place when you first take the quest. But I already had recovered the Performa and then I stopped playing the game for a day. When I tried to find the NPC again to end the quest, she wasn't on the mini-map and when I talked to Ayaha, Itsuki would just have an inner-monologue saying he should find the NPC again before talking to Ayaha. This game isn't particularly big but some of the sidequests drive me crazy, like trying to find that damn cat!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
uuuuugggghhhhh, I can't figure out a sound strategy against this boss for Kiria's final side-story. Doesn't help the fight varies each time I retry it.

& it doesn't help when you have a rather long animation to watch almost every other turn when they actually can attack....

Rappy

uuuuugggghhhhh, I can't figure out a sound strategy against this boss for Kiria's final side-story. Doesn't help the fight varies each time I retry it.
Bring a lot of revive items and evade buff your party and debuff them. Possible to do it 10 lvls below on hard, but it's a bit of RNG. Recommended lvl probably makes the fight a lot easier.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, FINALLY. Got super lucky.

"20 EXP"

WELL SCREW YOU TOO, GAME. Least I got a ton of 4-star prestige.

Edit: there we go, got a nice amount actually finishing the mission. Can't wait to see the Duo Attack I just got.

Ch 4 final boss was kicking my ass last night.
Once he goes into AOE Mage mode it's fucking over for my party. Should I focus him down first or try to take out the other dude (forgot his name)? Seemed difficult to take the other guy out with him casting Counter every round

Ch 3 boss was kicking my ass last night.
Once he goes into AOE Mage mode it's fucking over for my party. Should I focus him down first or try to take out the other dude (forgot his name)? Seemed difficult to take the other guy out with him casting Counter every round

Are you talking about the mid-boss or the final boss of chapter 3?
For the final boss,
I spammed a sleep spell every turn with Kiria to take care of the summons and my other two characters took care of the boss pretty quickly.

Are you talking about the mid-boss or the final boss of chapter 3?
For the final boss,
I spammed a sleep spell every turn with Kiria to take care of the summons and my other two characters took care of the boss pretty quickly.
Oops, I meant Ch 4 final boss. -_-
I need some coffee lol

HawthorneKitty

Ch 4 final boss was kicking my ass last night.
When he goes AOE, Cute Kiria him; if you also have enough for Itsuki's 2x attack, you can end him quickly; ignore the sword dude the whole fight. Cute Kiria-ing at the start also helps a bit.

Hobbun

So when does the DLC dungeon open up?

I know I'm not high enough level for it, but I guess I would just like to see that it's there. I heard it is supposed to be behind Crom in the Bloom Palace, but nothing is there. I just finished Chapter 1 and in Chapter 2 Intermission right now.

Kaizu

Chapter 5 is not the final chapter is it? Why is this chapter going on forever???

Chapter 6 is the last chapter with dungeon.

When I got the Radiant Skill from chapter 5, my first reaction was "holyshit, you are telling me I need to revisit all the dungeons?" On the other hand, I hope the game will go on forever so I was pretty conflicted. I got very sick of 106 idolsphere though.

I know I'm not high enough level for it, but I guess I would just like to see that it's there. I heard it is supposed to be behind Crom in the Bloom Palace, but nothing is there. I just finished Chapter 1 and in Chapter 2 Intermission right now.

The dlc dungeon opened up very early in game. It's at the left side of bloom palace. Tiki made a mention of it. The dungeons are just places for efficient grinding though. Very useful but game breaking. It's like those cheat code experience dungeon dlc found in SMT 4 and FE Awakening.

Sigh. When Mamori jumps in to take a hit from an element she's weak against... for someone who has full health... and it starts a session against her...

I know your heart is in the right place, but come on, girl.

Makonero

What is everyone's favorite dungeon? I really liked the final dungeon. A nice contrast to all the others I thought and the puzzles were fun but not too frustrating with Lightoma.

HawthorneKitty

Sigh. When Mamori jumps in to take a hit from an element she's weak against... for someone who has full health... and it starts a session against her...

I know your heart is in the right place, but come on, girl.
It's cute when she blocks something null to her though.

Hobbun

Ok, nevermind. I guess I needed to load the game up again. It explained in detail when I just started the game up again.

Makonero

Where do I use Detritus? I still haven't found anyone taking it and I'm almost full in inventory.

Take the request from the guy at the arena
Go to Harajuku and recruit the purple ghost guy
Talk to purple ghost guy in the arena

You get a locksmith performa that eliminates the need for treasure keys for trading Detritus 11 times

Top Bottom