• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Kaizu

Does Itsuki get better costumes at some point? I'm about to start Chapter 5 and the only outfit available for him at the Harajuku shop is a school uniform that makes him look like Bob Saget when he hosted AFV.

Haha. Unfortunately the school uniform is the only one you can buy for your first playthrough but there will be more costumes unlocked automatically for him. New game+ unlocked 2 more, 1 of which requires the true ending which can be unlocked by completing everyone's side stories and talking to all of them right before the game end.

Totakeke

It has to be either 10 or 11 to unlock IIRC

She's rank 11 for me now.

FBh9KEp.png

Since my ability to read is in doubt.. here's a screenshot of the message that hasn't changed for half a chapter.

6I3OxQe.jpg

There's no missable side missions/requests in the game. You can do character side stories anytime( including during the main chapter) once unlocked. Stage Rank levels up pretty fast later on in game so don't worry about grinding.

Oh, OK. For some reason I was thinking it was going to be dungeon crawling in the main chapters, side questing in the intermissions, but that makes more sense. Thanks.

She's rank 11 for me now.

FBh9KEp.png

Since my ability to read is in doubt.. here's a screenshot of the message that hasn't changed for half a chapter.

6I3OxQe.jpg

Yeah... that's weird. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe start travelling to places and talking to people? Maybe there's convos you have to clear out or something

Totakeke

I got it when I went to daiba tv. Also maiko sends you a topic.

Daitou TV? No triggers so far. Maiko is now sending me her own side quest.

Edit: Anyone know of other forums discussing this game? Want to see if anyone else had the same issue.

I had that message, and it took a bit of time for me to get that topic too. Although it did pop up eventually. That was before I finished the chapter 3 dungeon.

Haha. Unfortunately the school uniform is the only one you can buy for your first playthrough but there will be more costumes unlocked automatically for him. New game+ unlocked 2 more, 1 of which requires the true ending which can be unlocked by completing everyone's side stories and talking to all of them right before the game end.

Good to know. Guess I'll be sticking with the generic mirage master costume. Is New Game+ a pretty straightforward replay of the story? Or is there some kind of twist (remixed enemies, new performas, new bosses, etc.)?

I'm glad my suffering had a positive impact :p

At the very least, it gave your suffering some meaning. Lol

I think it's from a sidequest in the Gravure dungeon. Maiko sends you there to look for it cause she left it there. I think it's called "Transgressions of Youth"

Hahaha

Totakeke

Okay I got Kiria's third sidequest now. I went and finished Maiko's (2nd?) sidequest
about cleaning up a box
before it popped up when visiting Daitou TV. Maybe Maiko's sidequest didn't trigger for some reason and the game didn't expect me to get so far without completing it?

Thanks, speaking of which, I'm thinking of getting rid of Flux for the same reason.

Do those skills ever get session follow ups? Or are the dark/light skills just separate?

Anyone on this? Should I keep skills like Flux around? Do they ever get session follow-ups? Are there any other major use for them?

I have yet to see Flux have a session intro for it but I'll be honest, for it's cost it is fucking strong. I've kept it for a long time because even without sessioning if an enemy is weak to it I've found it deals crazy good damage. Makes for a good clean-up spell or just first burst of damage if Kiria's out and nothing is weak to her normal elements. At +1 it's been doing like as much damage as my Bufula.

Kaizu

Good to know. Guess I'll be sticking with the generic mirage master costume. Is New Game+ a pretty straightforward replay of the story? Or is there some kind of twist (remixed enemies, new performas, new bosses, etc.)?

New game+ unlocks lunatic difficulty, have some new costumes for Itsuki and Tiki, 2 new difficult secret bosses and another new difficulty in arena. You can also choose what to bring over(levels, money and whatever). Other than that, it's just a straight replay, I guess. I personally didn't start a new game+ yet, maybe 1 year down the line.

Anyone on this? Should I keep skills like Flux around? Do they ever get session follow-ups? Are there any other major use for them?

Nope, there's no follow up for flux as far as I know. I also have one empty session slot gained with Radiant unity for whatever reason. Maybe there's some secret combo I don't know about?

I'm pretty sure there are no session skills for its element, so I don't know what it's supposed to be used for. Its damage certainly isn't worth it since it doesn't help gain sp bar or anything, IMO.

Thud

I was wondering if nosferatu was in it, but life drain is basically the same thing.

Early game flux is pretty good.

Berordn

So apologies if this has been asked already (I'm sure it has) but what's the consensus on physical versus digital? I'm probably going to nab it at some point this week and while I'd prefer physical if there's any significant benefit to a digital copy I'd take that. Are load times significantly different?

It's probably been mentioned but my game has hard locked after seeing a specific class change for the first time. It seems to work fine on the second attempt after rebooting. Just a word of warning for those that don't spam save.

So apologies if this has been asked already (I'm sure it has) but what's the consensus on physical versus digital? I'm probably going to nab it at some point this week and while I'd prefer physical if there's any significant benefit to a digital copy I'd take that. Are load times significantly different?

I was tempted to go digital after seeing some complaints about load times but I kept my discounted Amazon preorder and I'm glad that I did. The loads are very fast for most travel, the longest being the first time you enter a dungeon. The menus are all very snappy for the most part but sometimes it hangs for a few seconds when you go into the save menu.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Load times are short on physical so I don't there's any worthwhile advantage for digital there.

Only gets a bit irritating when you sit through half a dozen load screens to run back to base just to craft a new weapon or skill. They aren't long on disc, but they add up when back to back like that.

coopolon

Question about new carnage unity ability unlocked in chapter 4:
when looking at skills for the +1 carnage, it has next skill as something good, say zandyne when that carnage only gives zanma. Do you get one good skill from a +1 first and then it goes down the old list?

Load times are short on physical so I don't there's any worthwhile advantage for digital there.

I'm surprised to hear anyone say this. Maybe because I play largely on pc I'm used to very short load times, but load times are pretty annoying in this game. Not anything I'd consider not playing the game for, but several seconds Everytime you go anywhere, and you are constantly loading new areas in this game.

Kaizu

Question about new carnage unity ability unlocked in chapter 4:
when looking at skills for the +1 carnage, it has next skill as something good, say zandyne when that carnage only gives zanma. Do you get one good skill from a +1 first and then it goes down the old list?
No idea if I interpreted your question correctly but it will go through the old list of skills first before you learn the new skill from +1. The new skill will be the last one you learned.

I'm surprised to hear anyone say this. Maybe because I play largely on pc I'm used to very short load times, but load times are pretty annoying in this game. Not anything I'd consider not playing the game for, but several seconds Everytime you go anywhere, and you are constantly loading new areas in this game.

I'm usually really over sensitive about loads times (Bloodbourne drove me insane >_<) but I really haven't had issues with this game. Maybe it was because I expected worse from some of the impressions but most transitions aside from entering/leaving dungeons have been really snappy for me. I even saw a post earlier in the thread where someone said they were getting loading pauses during sessions. It makes me wonder if people aren't getting different load times due to hardware differences or something, it's not like Nintendo isn't known for swapping components from month to month to save pennies on the dollar.

It's not as fast as games on PC but it's definitely better than what I'm typically used to when playing console games.

PMS341

So, my party is all Lvl. 14 with 3 Carnage each. I'm about to hit the Chapter 1 boss, is it worth maxing out each carnage before attempting the boss? Hard mode, if that makes any major difference.

So, my party is all Lvl. 14 with 3 Carnage each. I'm about to hit the Chapter 1 boss, is it worth maxing out each carnage before attempting the boss? Hard mode, if that makes any major difference.

If anything, I've found it helpful to switch to carnages that I haven't used much during boss fights. It's highly likely that whatever carnage you use will go up a level or two (or three!) after each boss fight. No use equipping a maxed out carnage unless it has a particularly useful effect or resistance. (Also playing Hard mode)

Beating the boss will probably max whatever you have equipped, so unless you really need the skills for the boss, not really.

GuySloth

Neo Member
So about class change, was the consensus that it was better to change into the class you don't want to end up in first to unlock the Carnages then switch over?
I just started going down my record/achievement list for dungeons so I've been pretty thorough as far as entering, charting, and looting them and I just need to wrap up the few treasure chests I have yet to open in the last dungeon. So far I've been able to reclass every mirage to both of their upgrade options and then I reclassed 3 back to what I preferred out of the two if that gives you any idea of how many master seals are lying around. I might find more in the four or so chests I have left to open.

Draxal

Yeah... that's weird. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe start travelling to places and talking to people? Maybe there's convos you have to clear out or something

Its because of the chapter 4 dungeon, I think.

Maiko starts the conversation, but she's unavailable due to her needing to be gone when Ayaha's kidnapped

Kaname

Just "started" the game and already played around 15 hours without realizing it lol
Is there anything important I should keep track of going forward? Like missable quests, events, true ending (?) flags and so on? :)

Really loving the combat system and the "Persona-like" atmosphere of the setting and the art direction.

Javier

Kiria, stop it. You're being very little Tsun and way too much Dere.

Also Mamori's armor is the most adorable thing ever.

vareon

The dungeons are longer than I thought!

Also I just defeated a rare enemy in chapter 2. Got one Performa that opened up two new Carnages...I already dread trying to hunt them for drops :/

Rainy

Banned
I just started going down my record/achievement list for dungeons so I've been pretty thorough as far as entering, charting, and looting them and I just need to wrap up the few treasure chests I have yet to open in the last dungeon. So far I've been able to reclass every mirage to both of their upgrade options and then I reclassed 3 back to what I preferred out of the two if that gives you any idea of how many master seals are lying around. I might find more in the four or so chests I have left to open.
Oh I was kinda worried about this since I just finished chapter 3 and have one seal (which makes sense since I just unlocked the ability.) Glad to see they aren't TOO rare.

Renewed

The dungeons are longer than I thought!

Also I just defeated a rare enemy in chapter 2. Got one Performa that opened up two new Carnages...I already dread trying to hunt them for drops :/

Use Fasterine and Attractor Spray and hang around the spawn area of the rare enemy and you'll probably get 5 in a few minutes (bring some Darts for exploiting weakness).

Makonero

Use Fasterine and Attractor Spray and hang around the spawn area of the rare enemy and you'll probably get 5 in a few minutes (bring some Darts for exploiting weakness).

Speaking of which, there's another rare monster later. Anyone know a good place for the second monster? I'm having trouble finding a reliable location.

Vinland

Banned
I hope Nintendo and Atlus make another rpg together. I'm loving this game.

Indeed.

Literally just finished the first two hours of play that landed me at The agency.

I am sold. This game makes me feel feels. It has that distinct Persona 3/4 atmosphere, some Nintendo charm and a brilliant interface that still makes me feel like I am playing a classic SNES/psone Rpg.

... gonna get back to it after lunch hehe

Renewed

Speaking of which, there's another rare monster later. Anyone know a good place for the second monster? I'm having trouble finding a reliable location.

I believe there's always one at block 3 floor 3 of the ch.2 dungeon after you arrive at the block 3 southern warp point. You run past the open area and the two cameras and go left up the stairs and then cross the red carpet. If the rare enemy has the opportunity to run into the wall and not move relatively far, it'll despawn pretty quickly.

Top Bottom