• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Draxal

Yeah, I just skip savage encounters. There are just not risk vs rewards there, just risk. No performa material, no dress, just more money (which I'm showered with).

You get detritus which allows you to buy stat boosters and unlocks the skill that unlocks all locked treasure chests.

Speaking of Detritus, has anyone found a good place to farm it? Even the Savage encounters are pretty stingy with it. Only need to do a few more trades in order to get the quest for that Locktouch ability.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Jeez I'm in the intermission of chapter 1 and do I have to grind Kiria up to stage rank 5 to get her story or are they available later still? Cause I don't think I can do that yet.

Jeez I'm in the intermission of chapter 1 and do I have to grind Kiria up to stage rank 5 to get her story or are they available later still? Cause I don't think I can do that yet.

Can do them at any time before the final boss, and you'll definitely know when it's final boss time.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Speaking of Detritus, has anyone found a good place to farm it? Even the Savage encounters are pretty stingy with it. Only need to do a few more trades in order to get the quest for that Locktouch ability.
Did you get the Special Edition?

Ya, 11 per fight or you can just run around collecting on ground.

11 per fight?! Bought. The most I've gotten from a normal savage encounter is 4, and that was one time.

Dumb question, but where exactly do you go to spend detritus? Is there a shopkeep I've missed?

Go to the arena in Harajuku and then walk behind the counter and talk to the elephant. He'll have a quest you can take. Once you accept that quest, talk to the purple ghost between two of the buildings in Harajuku. After you send him to the arena, you'll be able to give him Detritus for various Incense.

Dumb question, but where exactly do you go to spend detritus? Is there a shopkeep I've missed?

It's part of the arena scouting quest.
Practically impossible to miss....unless....
you don't realize that the arena master has different dialogue options if you speak to him from behind

Frimaire

You need to at least get to Harajuku.
(not really spoilers, but whatever)
Go to the arena at the far right side of Harajuku and talk to the guy from behind the counter to accept his request.
Then talk to the ghost mirage around the middle of Harajuku.
He will leave and appear at the arena, where you can trade him 9 detritus for any incense.

Edit: beaten

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just started Ch. 4. Remind me, I can do someone's side-story if I skipped it during the intermission, right? I figured I'd work on Ch. 4 a bit before attempting Tsubasa's final side-story since I already unlocked it but want to level up first.

daemonic

Banned
Goddamn that chapter 3 boss and sub-boss. I've been breezing through this game on hard mode up to this point, even with extra grinding before the battle it was a tough one. Died once each time but they were far stronger than I expected. Cool to see enemies pulling of session attacks though.

Just started Ch. 4. Remind me, I can do someone's side-story if I skipped it during the intermission, right? I figured I'd work on Ch. 4 a bit before attempting Tsubasa's final side-story since I already unlocked it but want to level up first.

Correct. Side stories can be done whenever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Correct. Side stories can be done whenever.
Ah, okay, could've sworn it was mentioned on here, but just wanted to make sure.

Ch. 4 request help: nevermind, I figured it out.

Edit: oh god, this chapter.
I don't know who's a worse actor, Itsuki or Tsubasa

coopolon

Unskippable sessions is starting to kill this game for me. When every move is a minimum of 6 attacks it really takes FOREVER.

Also really don't like the structure of chapter five, it's going in way too long. Think I will take a few days off.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
uugghhh, I have a bad feeling about Ch. 4's dungeon. Hopefully, it's not as complex as I'm thinking it is.

-Horizon-

A savage encounter made me lose 20 minutes of progress because I was dumb enough to forget to save :/

Now I make sure to save every 3 minutes :/

Also chapter 4 dungeon...um
don't tell me I'm gonna have to chase the director 9 times total???
That would be lame if that's the case.

Renewed

I've been screwing around so much in chapter 5 that I almost have enough master seals for a second round of class changing... I really don't feel tempted to switch Chrom to Great Lord, welp.

Tsubasa's wedding dress, gods why

daemonic

Banned
A savage encounter made me lose 20 minutes of progress because I was dumb enough to forget to save :/

Now I make sure to save every 3 minutes :/

Also chapter 4 dungeon...um
don't tell me I'm gonna have to chase the director 9 times total???
That would be lame if that's the case.

I usually hit pause and save immediately when I see a savage shadow appear. It's saved me a lot of time. That or stock up on the smoke screen item to escape battles like that.

I feel your pain. Ended up completing the game without unlocking all of them.

I'm thinking I may just have to move on as well. It's a shame they saved so many good Radiant Skills for the final chapter though. Extra session, command, and passive slots are way more useful than most of the stuff they were offering throughout chapters 4 and 5.

Dee Dee

Finished chapter 4.
Acquired Yashiro.
Bought him the stage outfit.
Enjoying the sight now. All is good in the world.

I have like 7 side stories to tackle now, and Maiko keeps throwing Duo Arts at me.
Also just finished a side quest where poor foodie Itsuki had to eat burnt crepes. As a reward I can now eat burnt crepes whenever I want.
Do I?
I still suspect there's an achievement for eating and drinking everything in this game.

Anyway, taking a few days off from the game helped bring back the fun, really looking forward to training Yashiro up.
Just sad that I never get to use Touma much now. Mamori is my healer tank, and Kiria offensive magic user - he hardly ever gets switched in now and has fallen seriously behind.
I finished his side stories, and he's just cool. I'll keep holding on to him!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So I got the SE, is there anything with these DLC downloads, especially the hunter support quest DLC that I should wait until a certain point to use in order to not spoil myself?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes. You will get texts to go see her to unlock them.
Ah, okay, I'm doing Ch. 4's dungeon right now.

So I got the SE, is there anything with these DLC downloads, especially the hunter support quest DLC that I should wait until a certain point to use in order to not spoil myself?
It's less spoilers & more you're most likely not going to be well prepared to fight some enemies when you first unlock the DLC dungeons.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm hoping there's one for that, but at least there's the vending machine one

Also I need to look up the costume combination ones. I'm not about to try each combo
I still don't got the vending machine one even though I've always used the one in the office, must be missing something.

BTA

Welp, just lost maybe 20 minutes of farming 5* prestige due to a Carrietta suddenly casting Megido. At least I keep getting lucky with these, but 1. I was actually pretty afraid I hadn't saved in a decent while longer and 2. this is the second time I've lost about this much due to not being cautious while farming, urgh.

Really gotta save every couple fights during these easy but risky battles, I guess.

vareon

Obtained my first Master Seal. Deciding who changes into what will take forever :|

Is there any minimum level before I class change? Like in FE, you usually want to wait until level 20.

Frimaire

Obtained my first Master Seal. Deciding who changes into what will take forever :|

Is there any minimum level before I class change? Like in FE, you usually want to wait until level 20.

No minimum level, but if you are planning on going through all the classes you might want to start with the one you don't want to end the game on, as there are a limited number of Master seals.

Beat chapter 2 on hard today. It really isn't as hard as one would think, about on Persona 3 FES levels for me so far. Though bosses getting two attacks now is pretty cruel. It would be better if they would just denote it on the attack timeline.

Also Tsubasa's Skill Point using attack makes the fights so much easier. Decent damage to all adds + healing + session afterwards is a lifesaver.

Top Bottom