• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

killroy87

You can swap in for no penalty during battle so it doesn't matter too much. The only caveats are if you want all of your characters to act early in Turn 1 you probably want your faster characters in, and if you don't have the Open Audition Radiant Skill for a character (which you won't have access to yet)

Am I correct in assuming that a member who doesn't participate in a battle doesn't get experience?

Kaname

So I just did the ExP dungeon just to see what it was like and it was fine or w/e, and when the enemies increase in difficulties they were no joke, going from level 6 to level 9 and that 3 level increase does alot, so to touma took big damage before I retreated and left the place but they don't seem to heal u at all coming out of it, I just remembered the vending machine in the office but even than that costs money

It's just 160 yen lol
You'll be rolling in money soon enough, don't worry.

Vena

Are you sure? I could have sworn she put "Charmed" on a few monsters just with session attacks in my playthrough?
All her arrow attacks inflict status effects in my build though, maybe she uses the neutral attack when you have still skilled it.

She and everyone else can proc conditions from outside of the Main Cast, but she has a buff that increases (greatly) the chance of causing conditions if she is part of the Main Cast of a fight.

That was what I was referring to.

GuySloth

Neo Member
She and everyone else can proc conditions from outside of the Main Cast, but she has a buff that increases (greatly) the chance of causing conditions if she is part of the Main Cast of a fight.

That was what I was referring to.
When mass condi spells are at their base level she's fantastic but at even +2 or higher she becomes unnecessary because they proc fairly often. I used to cast the spell that does mass seal and call it a day but now it's just faster to kill things outright. That's actually the case with all things now which makes me sad because I love to poison things, lol.

mclem

Arena Request

Is there a way to check from which places are the Mirages that I already have? I'm missing two and one is from the last dungeon but I don't want to rerun all the previous ones just to find one guy :>

I assume (this is from someone who's not done it all) you can make a reasonable guess by looking at any suspicious gaps in the lineup?

Thus far, at least, they've all been lining up clockwise from the entrance in the order of the dungeon they were found in.

BTA

Welp, just had the game crash on me on the Carnage Unity selection screen. Thankfully I had just started the last intermission so all that I lost was some talking for a side story, but that's kinda worrying.

Welp, just had the game crash on me on the Carnage Unity selection screen. Thankfully I had just started the last intermission so all that I lost was some talking for a side story, but that's kinda worrying.
It was doing this to me for a while with every class change but I think that it was related to the game unlocking specific carnages. It hasn't happened on any change since I unlocked everything.

What's the trick to the boss fight of the second dungeon? I get wiped pretty quickly and I haven't gotten to experiment much. I'm talking about the boss that's controlling
the photographer

BTA

Is it just me, or is it true that despite her importance in the story, Tsuabasa kinda isn't great to use in battle? I feel like I use her the least often; she has party healing and some heavy elemental attacks now, at least, but that doesn't really make up for losing out on a tank and such. Maybe class changing will help, but I've left her for last because out of "Healing and Force" and "debuff and Lance", I'm worried that the healing and debuffs won't be worth it and I'll have made her even less useful.

Vena

Is it just me, or is it true that despite her importance in the story, Tsuabasa kinda isn't great to use in battle? I feel like I use her the least often; she has party healing and some heavy elemental attacks now, at least, but that doesn't really make up for losing out on a tank and such. Maybe class changing will help, but I've left her for last because out of "Healing and Force" and "debuff and Lance", I'm worried that the healing and debuffs won't be worth it and I'll have made her even less useful.

I found Kiria to be the only staple party member beside Itsuki. Tsubasa I rarely use. The third seat is rotating for Touma or Mamori.

Giolon

What's the trick to the boss fight of the second dungeon? I get wiped pretty quickly and I haven't gotten to experiment much. I'm talking about the boss that's controlling
the photographer

Buffs and Debuffs help a lot. Defense Buff, Evade Buff, Hit Chance Debuff, Offense Debuff. Take a look at his adds attacks and session attacks. Kill off the ones that are going to destroy your team w/ weakness sessions first (good general advice for all battles). If you can, start out the battle with a Special Art.

If all else fails, grind up a few levels (I beat it at level 24-25, but I've seen people say they beat it at 21 on Hard).

BTA

I found Kiria to be the only staple party member beside Itsuki. Tsubasa I rarely use. The third seat is rotating for Touma or Mamori.

I definitely have Kiria in a lot, though Mamori's in much more often now so I'd consider her the stable one. I honestly don't have Touma in too much either, but if I need a lance user I tend to default to him.

lt519

Her force magic against winged enemies can be huge later on, especially when they spawn 4 lanced winged enemies at once. She was actually very much a mainstay of my team due to that and Debut Smile unless some axes showed up.

After the second chapter she only came in when enemies were weak against ice. Seemed that she got beat down by physical attacks so easily that I constantly was reviving her. At that point I think she was way under-level though. I used Mamori a lot but Touma took a back seat once I got the final character and started abusing Counter.

the photographer

I say this on every page but make sure all your characters have the latest Accessories. They are so massively important early on.

Buffs and Debuffs help a lot. Defense Buff, Evade Buff, Hit Chance Debuff, Offense Debuff. Take a look at his adds attacks and session attacks. Kill off the ones that are going to destroy your team w/ weakness sessions first (good general advice for all battles). If you can, start out the battle with a Special Art.

If all else fails, grind up a few levels (I beat it at level 24-25, but I've seen people say they beat it at 21 on Hard).

Oh wow, I'm really underleveled then. Weird since I did everything in the intermission and haven't avoided many battles. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Shin-chan

I use everyone as much as possible but probably Kiria the most. She's also the best character. I hate Mamori so i use her as little as I can.

BTA

I can't believe myself. I just went to plug in the GamePad and accidentally brushed the off switch for the power strip that the Wii U's plugged into. It was only a few minutes since I last saved, thankfully. Don't be a disaster like me.

Baliis

Tsubasa continues my tradition of finding pegasus knights completely useless in Fire Emblem games. I don't think I've ever used them.

Nz27kHO.jpg

I don't have a pic of him, but with that name and being a producer I have to wonder if it's a nod to Yasutaka Nakata of Capsule/Perfume/Kyary fame. Anyone else notice this?

Brakke

Banned
Ah man I'm super disappointed that class changing the Mirage doesn't change the Master's costume. I finally pulled the trigger on using my first Master Seal on Draig because Mamori's costume is so dumb but it's still dumb. Kiria's mirage costume is dumb too but at least I've unlocked some good options for her from Anzu already.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Tsubasa is toppest tier for healing and buffs/debuffs and is the only character that can naturally heal your EP. Of course this only really helps if you are fighting the toughest fights of the game.

I use Tsubasa a lot against the boss. She has good speed, heal, and buff/debuff.

KLoWn

I finished the game earlier, and did anyone else find it kinda easy? I only died like two times (I played on normal), and one of them was when I stupidly tried that battle arena thing waaaay before I had the levels to survive it.

The game was great btw, it gets an 8/10.

Ah man I'm super disappointed that class changing the Mirage doesn't change the Master's costume. I finally pulled the trigger on using my first Master Seal on Draig because Mamori's costume is so dumb but it's still dumb. Kiria's mirage costume is dumb too but at least I've unlocked some good options for her from Anzu already.

Wow. Terrible. Mamori's outfit is fantastic

Get out..

^This guy's got it
I finished the game earlier, and did anyone else find it kinda easy? I only died like two times (I played on normal), and one of them was when I stupidly tried that battle arena thing waaaay before I had the levels to survive it.

The game was great btw, it gets an 8/10.
Hard is where the challenge is. Hard was a blast

Brakke

Banned
I just did a Side Story and saw my first Microwaving with Mamorin episode. She, uhh, just microwaves store-bought instant meals? So like. Her whole show is just a cute kid doing product placement for trash food? This game is soooo fucked up lol.

Get out..

I even like the concept and I really like her battle animations but the enormous empty space in the helmet is so dumb.

Currently in the chapter 4 dungeon, and ran into a locked chest. I'm out of keys and the only requests I see are the He Hoo Mart shopkeeper and the arena dude. I don't want to do the He Hoo fetch quests, anywhere else to get keys? If not I guess I'll skip the locked chest for now.

lt519

I even like the concept and I really like her battle animations but the enormous empty space in the helmet is so dumb.

Haha it is pretty goofy, I'm just playing anyway. I just love her animations and the way that she struggles to handle the weight of the axes.

If it makes you feel any better your tag just sent me down a GAF black hole.

Brakke

Banned
The look of desperation she has when she procs her "take an attack aimed at a teammate" ability is really cute, too.

Mamori's such a helpfully lil buddy.

Welp, just finished up the epilogue + true ending. That was a perfect game for Summer. Really didn't expect to get sucked into the battle system to the extent that I did. And to think I was almost considering passing on it! Time to go back to being semi-productive with my free time, I suppose. Heh.

Some quick stats if anyone's curious:

Difficulty:
Hard
Playtime: 72 hours (all side stories completed, several requests completed)

Final Party Levels:
Itsuki - 62
Tsubasa - 56
Touma - 57
.......Kiria
Eleonora
...Mamori
...Yashiro

Dee Dee

Zslgv2H.jpg

Yashiro is love. That's why I love checking the status messages on the messenger.
Also, the way he pummeled me into his side quest - sends one text, I am ALREADY ON MY WAY and get a "hurry up already" text 2min later.

He's the best, and the cook outfit will never be taken off ever again.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, I did not just come into this thread to drool over Yashiro (and beg for a gif of his victory pose please please), I wanted to ask what the Duo Arts is that you can miss out on by bullying Tsubasa. Turns out some of my answers came out wrong, and I am kind of afraid I locked myself out of getting it now.

-Horizon-

Just beat chapter 4
Yashiro pls
And oh my god so many side quests unlocked after the chapter
I'm at like 42 hours into the game now

And wait what, Tiki gets costumes?! How many hidden costumes are there?! I only randomly got the cat one from Anzu doing the lottery for a poster.

In which lottery can I win master seals?

And is there a way to farm treasure keys?

both ticket lotteries (or whatever it is called in localized version)
rates per ticket are still the same anyway... 1/256

not sure about treasure keys. pretty sure the keys are enough in a normal playthrough hmm (might be remembering things wrong tho)

Just beat chapter 4
Yashiro pls

And wait what, Tiki gets costumes?! How many hidden costumes are there?! I only randomly got the cat one from Anzu doing the lottery for a poster.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, I did not just come into this thread to drool over Yashiro (and beg for a gif of his victory pose please please), I wanted to ask what the Duo Arts is that you can miss out on by bullying Tsubasa. Turns out some of my answers came out wrong, and I am kind of afraid I locked myself out of getting it now.

you only need 30 pts out of 50 (i think). clearing all 3 her side stories are already 1/2 of the required

Vena

How are you guys getting such crazy hours? I am on hard at Ch5 end and at 26 hours and I've done every side quest so far available.

Have I missed like an entire map or something?

BluWacky

Just beat chapter 4
Yashiro pls

FORTY-TWO!!!!!!??!?!?! I'm about 20 hours in and although the boss of that chapter is utterly massacring me (spoilers)
as soon as it switches to "black" form - Magic Mirror, of course, only blocks one of its double attacks...
, I was pretty sure I'd been doing every side story and side quest at the right points...

The game doesn't really seem to reward you for "grinding" that much, it seems to me, beyond going up a few levels.
Even with the ability to upgrade your existing Carnages, why would I go back to the very first one I equipped? The abilities will be crap, the strength of the weapon will be crap...

How are you guys getting such crazy hours? I am on hard at Ch5 end and at 26 hours and I've done every side quest so far available.

Have I missed like an entire map or something?

To be fair, at least 40 hours of my play time were me just saving my game over and over so I wouldn't lose progress.

Nah, but seriously, I think I just took things slowly. Grinded for skills a lot. Tended to fight every enemy I came across. Used duo arts and 6-combo sessions all the time, even when I didn't need them. And I just kinda suck a bit tbh.

FORTY-TWO!!!!!!??!?!?! I'm about 20 hours in and although the boss of that chapter is utterly massacring me (spoilers)
as soon as it switches to "black" form - Magic Mirror, of course, only blocks one of its double attacks...
, I was pretty sure I'd been doing every side story and side quest at the right points...

The game doesn't really seem to reward you for "grinding" that much, it seems to me, beyond going up a few levels.
Even with the ability to upgrade your existing Carnages, why would I go back to the very first one I equipped? The abilities will be crap, the strength of the weapon will be crap...

for that boss
element absorb/block is king. mamori (or was it kiria? can't remember since 1 of them only blocks) with ice absorb is practically untouchable during last phase since her spamming ma-element-dyne is on specific pattern iirc

as for why upgrade the very 1st weapon... it's for ng+ lunatic

I just did a Side Story and saw my first Microwaving with Mamorin episode. She, uhh, just microwaves store-bought instant meals? So like. Her whole show is just a cute kid doing product placement for trash food? This game is soooo fucked up lol.

Mamori is in part a parody on Haruka Fukuhara, who did cooking idol shows on NHK for a few years + the "young idols can't do simply cooking right" segments on variety shows.

Top Bottom