• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Vena

I can't decide who is more broken, Ellie for her condition abuse or Mamori for having Axes and Axes always being broken.

BTA

Urgh, chapter 5's boss seems even longer of a fight than normal. And of course the party member that seems best to fight him is underleveled so I'm gonna have to go grind a bit. Welp.

So I'm thinking about getting this (as a bigger Persona fan than a FE fan). I hate asking "do people like it", but have people's experiences been positive?

Just unlocked the ability to make +1 versions of carnages, is that something I should be doing now, or an endgame thing once I've leveled up the base versions of all the carnages, mainly for leveling specific abilities?

Dee Dee

Just unlocked the ability to make +1 versions of carnages, is that something I should be doing now, or an endgame thing once I've leveled up the base versions of all the carnages, mainly for leveling specific abilities?

I used it whenever I mastered a Carnage but couldn't craft a completely new one at that point. Unless that Carnage uses rare materials, you might as well, given that you likely have those materials in abundance at the point where you mastered the Carnage.
There's nothing that speaks against it, you can make +2 Carnages after that, and you usually have multiple options if it's one specific skill you are after. And it buffs your damage and skills instead of just using a mastered one.

At least that's my experience up until chapter 5, could well be that skills from Carnages get more unique in endgame.

Today I contemplated taking the day off to keep playing video games... the game is so addictive.

Edit:
Ellie's condi buff only works if she's in the party, though. :/

Are you sure? I could have sworn she put "Charmed" on a few monsters just with session attacks in my playthrough?
All her arrow attacks inflict status effects in my build though, maybe she uses the neutral attack when you have still skilled it.

So, who's gonna attempt to get all the trophies?
I'm tempted since I really enjoyed doing it with Persona 4 on Vita but the trophy list in TMS is so damn long, I can't imagine doing it without a guide.

Rappy

Are you sure? I could have sworn she put "Charmed" on a few monsters just with session attacks in my playthrough?
All her arrow attacks inflict status effects in my build though, maybe she uses the neutral attack when you have still skilled it.
Some weapons cause status effects. The Troublemaker Radiant skill should only be in effect when she is in Main Cast, but effects still can be applied even in session attacks.

Sölf

Finished the chapter 4 intermission and did like every available side story I had.
I find it a bit sad that most of the main cast is already done with side stories, especially since my highest stage rank is only 12 or 13. They could have spread that out a bit better.

Sadist

Man running low on revival beads... can't buy them somewhere else right?

And facing the chapter 4 boss soon. Going to be fun...

Rappy

Man running low on revival beads... can't buy them somewhere else right?

And facing the chapter 4 boss soon. Going to be fun...
You buy some fresh spicy curry. A lot of the items just do the same thing but some are only from chests/drops compared to what you buy at Hee Ho Mart.

SPCTRE

I have a question about the story ("loyalty") missions - are specific quests or steps limited to a certain interlude, for example could I skip the first "loyalty" mission for Touma in interlude 1 or do I have to do it to not miss out?

Frimaire

I have a question about the story ("loyalty") missions - are specific quests or steps limited to a certain interlude, for example could I skip the first "loyalty" mission for Touma in interlude 1 or do I have to do it to not miss out?

No, you can do the missions at any point in the story.

I just burst out laughing after seeing that the
Shadow Dragon fight has adds.

Even the
world-destroying dragon
needs a priest or two.

What type of skills did you guys end up using?

Like for Chrom now he's got:
Fang Breaker (light attack that lowers targets attack, good for bosses)
Fatal Sword (med attack)
Dual Dispatch (light attack, strong on armor/horseback)
Wrymslayer (light attack strong on dragon)
Zionga (med elec attack)
Rakukaja (party defense up)

and just learnt Heat Wave (med AoE attack).

I mean, I could drop the def buff for it and just use items instead? Or drop the single target attack, but then that'd get draining on my EP to keep using the AoE attack. Not sure what to do D:

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Fatal Sword (med attack)
Zionga (med elec attack)

I mean, I could drop the def buff for it and just use items instead? Or drop the single target attack, but then that'd get draining on my EP to keep using the AoE attack. Not sure what to do D:
I had almost the exact skills with a single slot doing nothing (Raku in your case). At first I put the electric blade thingy, but I ultimately filled it with a Dia skill for the arena, but otherwise it's kinda not needed.

Later on you'll get a remove all debuffs on party that may be useful.

Shin-chan

Fatal Sword (med attack)
Zionga (med elec attack)

I used Chrom as a jack of all trades. Kept the stronger slash attacks I had, getting rid of any lower tier ones, as well as lightning. Then I gave have him defence buff/debuff and a heal (in case Tsubasa wasn't around). It's been working pretty well so far.

Thud

Fatal Sword (med attack)
Zionga (med elec attack)

I dropped Fang Breaker in favor for heat wave at one point. You'll swap fatal sword with focused blade and ziodyne with zionga later. When stage rank is high enough you can get an extra command skill and you can +1 maxed out carnage units. So it doesn't really matter if you miss out on a skill now :p.

Right now I have in Chapter 5 with Chrom as a Conqueror:
Focused Blade
Wyrmslayer
Dual Dispatch
Heat Wave
Ziodyne
Rakukaja
Charge

Heat Wave will be the first to go when I get a better ability. I had Diarama before but I replaced it with Charge I think

So I'm thinking about getting this (as a bigger Persona fan than a FE fan). I hate asking "do people like it", but have people's experiences been positive?

I adored it. My favorite game on the Wii u, up there with blood and wine and dark souls 3 for me personally. Granted, I probably liked it more than most.

Thud

Right now I have in Chapter 5 with Chrom as a Conqueror:
Focused Blade
Wyrmslayer
Dual Dispatch
Heat Wave
Ziodyne
Rakukaja
Charge

Heat Wave will be the first to go when I get a better ability. I had Diarama before but I replaced it with Charge I think

Almost have the same set. Got a stronger wyrmslayer and I think a debuff instead of rakukaja. I'm guessing heat wave will be replaced by vorpal blade later.

PHEW. After 90 minutes of battle, I've taken down the final boss on Hard. First attempt, too! *celebrates*

I'll play the epilogue after work. Time to take a break; that was stressful.

ys45

I know this is a SMT game and it can get difficult sometimes but

Chapter 2 boss spoiler :

Seriously what the hell ? I was getting chained hit by the boss and the adds he summons, like non stop.
Kiria and Tsubasa are weak to most the weapons the enemies were using, I was lvl 24 and was using mabufu mazio and mazan so at least I could dmg the boss too .

I understand the battle system and the FE triangle but what can you do when your party is weak to something and got only one character you can change and your choice is your healer or your group dmg dealer .

Maybe I should use more debuff and buff I know in Persona they are pretty useful.
Still I was not expecting a sudden change in difficulty like that at chapter 2...

The game even took pity on me and proposed to change the difficulty to friendly lol

Shin-chan

It's great. Not perfect but great. If you enjoy Persona you will definitely like it. It's better in some ways (mostly dungeon design, but combat is arguably better as well) and worse in others (music, story, arguably characters although they can be quite endearing). There's also a lot less to the "game" since it's basically a dungeon crawler. Still, as a fan of Persona or Megaten I think you'll find a lot to enjoy with it. It also has a fantastic and colourful art style which really sets it apart.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I know this is a SMT game and it can get difficult sometimes but

Chapter 2 boss spoiler :

Seriously what the hell ? I was getting chained hit by the boss and the adds he summons, like non stop.
Kiria and Tsubasa are weak to most the weapons the enemies were using, I was lvl 24 and was using mabufu mazio and mazan so at least I could dmg the boss too .

I understand the battle system and the FE triangle but what can you do when your party is weak to something and got only one character you can change and your choice is your healer or your group dmg dealer .

Maybe I should use more debuff and buff I know in Persona they are pretty useful.
Still I was not expecting a sudden change in difficulty like that at chapter 2...

The game even took pity on me and proposed to change the difficulty to friendly lol
Dodging attacks is the most powerful tactic that goes all the way to the end. Kiria also has a nifty sleep spell.

Grotte

Neo Member
Did I run into an odd bug or is it just impossible to port to the last teleporter in the third chapters' dungeon?

It works fine when I try using it to go to other teleporters, but it doesn't show up as a destination.

Kaname

Arena Request

Is there a way to check from which places are the Mirages that I already have? I'm missing two and one is from the last dungeon but I don't want to rerun all the previous ones just to find one guy :>

Hobbun

How do you catch
those rare enemies?

Every time I try to run up to them, they outrun me and then disappear when they hit a wall. Can never swing my sword in time.

How do you catch
those rare enemies?

Every time I try to run up to them, they outrun me and then disappear when they hit a wall. Can never swing my sword in time.

If you have the Slowma skill, that helps a ton. If not, the item Fasterine S has the same effect of slowing enemies down.

Hobbun

If you have the Slowma skill, that helps a ton. If not, the item Fasterine S has the same effect of slowing enemies down.

I don't have either of those yet. Will be on the look out. I don't even remember seeing the item in the HH Mart. Only in chapter 2 intermission right now.

Draxal

Almost have the same set. Got a stronger wyrmslayer and I think a debuff instead of rakukaja. I'm guessing heat wave will be replaced by vorpal blade later.

There's no vorpal blade (unless they're on the lunatic exclusive carnages).

I went

Thunder Strike
Maziodyne
Espada
Wyrmicide
Focused Blade
Heat Wave
Dekunda

Wyrmicide and Espada is great with the passive on the last Conqueror Carnage (buffs attacks that target weaknesses). Wyrmicide is especially good for the last boss as well.

I have to be on my toes in the Chapter 3 dungeon with all these Savage Enemies about. I was at the teleport point after the midboss, thinking I'd save and quit for the night, but as I was saving a Savage Enemy popped up so I figured I'd take a run at it just for a laugh, and I managed to beat it. Had to back out of the dungeon straight away to heal, but then I came back and the exact same thing happened again: save, see a purple ghostie, have a crack at it just in case and end up beating it :p

(Thank goodness for that text fastforward feature. I was dreading having to repeat all the stuff I'd done after dying last night and losing all that progress, but I managed to power through it in about twenty minutes. Won't be making that mistake again.)

killroy87

Just beat chapter one, almost six hours in. The dungeon ended up being much longer than I originally anticipated, but the game is pretty generous with warp points, so it's easy to hop out to HQ to power up and heal.

Also just got my fourth party member, so now begins the epic struggle of deciding which, if any, to swap out. These decisions take much more out of me than they have any right to.

is there a list of every dual art in the game?

It's in Japanese, but here:
http://spwiki.net/sharpfe/wikis/110.html

Itsuki x Tsubasa - answer questions + do side stories
Tsubasa x Ellie - Barry Sidequest 2
Tsubasa x Kiria - Kiria 3
Touma x Yashiro - Touma 3 + Yashiro 3 (Talk to Maiko)
Touma x Ellie - Touma 3 + Ellie 2 (Talk to Maiko)
Kiria x Yashiro - Yashiro joins party (Talk to Maiko)
Mamori x Barry - Barry 3
Mamori x Tiki - Mamori 2 + Tiki 2 (Talk to Maiko)

Also just got my fourth party member, so now begins the epic struggle of deciding which, if any, to swap out. These decisions take much more out of me than they have any right to.

You can swap in for no penalty during battle so it doesn't matter too much. The only caveats are if you want all of your characters to act early in Turn 1 you probably want your faster characters in, and if you don't have the Open Audition Radiant Skill for a character (which you won't have access to yet)

I'm at Chapter 6 but I feel like I'm missing an area for carnage unity, it's called Illusory Dolhr. Is it still coming or is it an optional area?

I'm at Chapter 6 but I feel like I'm missing an area for carnage unity, it's called Illusory Dolhr. Is it still coming or is it an optional area?

Still coming. It's mandatory, so you can't miss it. It has multiple floors, and some enemies are exclusive to the different floors, so don't be surprised if you have ??? under a carnage unity up until the very end.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So I just did the ExP dungeon just to see what it was like and it was fine or w/e, and when the enemies increase in difficulties they were no joke, going from level 6 to level 9 and that 3 level increase does alot, so to touma took big damage before I retreated and left the place but they don't seem to heal u at all coming out of it, I just remembered the vending machine in the office but even than that costs money

Soul Lab

It's in Japanese, but here:
http://spwiki.net/sharpfe/wikis/110.html

Itsuki x Tsubasa - answer questions + do side stories
Tsubasa x Ellie - Barry Sidequest 2
Tsubasa x Kiria - Kiria 3
Touma x Yashiro - Touma 3 + Yashiro 3 (Talk to Maiko)
Touma x Ellie - Touma 3 + Ellie 2 (Talk to Maiko)
Kiria x Yashiro - Yashiro joins party (Talk to Maiko)
Mamori x Barry - Barry 3
Mamori x Tiki - Mamori 2 + Tiki 2 (Talk to Maiko)

thank you very much. looks like I got all of them :3

Top Bottom