• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Frimaire

ty man. For tiki
Do I have to do her side quests again on the 2nd play through?

Also I heard there are 2 more requests on the 2nd run if you do all the others. Does the first play through count for that or do I have to do all request on the 2nd playthrough?

Sorry, don't know.
I was pretty much in the same position as you just last night, trying to clean up awards and stuff at the end of my first playthrough.

So generally speaking, is it better to keep the single or multi target versions of abilities? Bufu vs Mabufu, etc? What about when the AOE version available is 1 or 2 tiers lower?

Ideally I'd like to have bother versions, but there aren't skill slots for that. Also, how valuable is it to keep an "off-spec" element on characters, like Zan on Kiria or Agi on Eleanora?

I go for single versions.
Late stage/Legendary arenas have enemy mixes where casting a multi-version can backfire. The exception are almighty/status-effect skills.
Off-spec is fine imo.

I'm finishing some stuff before my 2nd play through. Did all side quest. I have the Maiko trophy but not the Barry or Tiki. Can anyone help?

what do you recommend to clean up before starting ng+? (not lunatic)

Tiki's won't pop till you get all her costumes also.
I have no clue about Barry's - but there is a visit the studio 30 times play record that might be related.

Prior to NG+:
1) Max all session ranks
2) Get all Carnages (you should have enough Master Seals for Everyone.)
3) Get all Radiant Unity
4) Learn the extra session skills from 2 +1 carnage per character
5) Revisit the right section of Daiba studio (some extra stuff will appear that in chapter 6 that the game never tell you about.)

Can someone help me WITH the last boss? Tips or something. I got crushed so fast. Im at level 60 WITH almost all my characters.

My setup: Itsuki/Tsubasa/Kiria.
Itsuki with Wyrmslayer + debuff removal
Kiria with Bufudyne
Tsubasa with mass-heal + revive if needed.

ty man. For tiki
Do I have to do her side quests again on the 2nd play through?

Also I heard there are 2 more requests on the 2nd run if you do all the others. Does the first play through count for that or do I have to do all request on the 2nd playthrough?

as long as you got the play record for it, you don't have to do it a second time.

Session ranks and class changes are things I can easily achieve on my 2nd playthrough no?

You lose all performa materials for carnages and certain radiant skills during the 2nd play through.
So unless you want to grind for material again, it's easier to just get them out of the way during 1.

For the life of me I can't find a weapon with the ability Wyrmslayer.
Wyrm skills are only on the advance classes focusing on sword/lance for itsuki/touma (Conq/Dark Knight)

Dee Dee

Did Yashiro actually send Itsuki a flower?

He’s been Mr. Prick every time I’ve dealt with him. But of course I know it’s because I haven’t gotten far enough.

Just started Chapter 3.

Oh yeah, he's a massive prick, which is why the flower sticker is so fucking hilarious to me. He NEVER sends stickers.
It's his last side story, and before that his "invites" always looked like this:

Zslgv2H.jpg

You lose all performa materials for carnages and certain radiant skills during the 2nd play through.
So unless you want to grind for material again, it's easier to just get them out of the way during 1.

Wyrm skills are only on the advance classes focusing on sword/lance for itsuki/touma (Conq/Dark Knight)

My Touma is a Dark Knight but I don't see any weapons having this ability, even those not yet unlocked. I'm at end boss and having trouble, was going to go and get it.

Giolon

I tended to keep one hit all, on a character, so like mazandyne on Tsubasa and mabufudyne on Kiria. Because of how sessiosn work, it's not super necessary I found. Also "off-spec" elements are extremely useful. Having Kiria with Zan and agi as well made her super versatile. More options is almost never a bad thing imo. (Makes more characters able to session more often than not).

I go for single versions.
Late stage/Legendary arenas have enemy mixes where casting a multi-version can backfire. The exception are almighty/status-effect skills.
Off-spec is fine imo.

Thanks for the advice!

Some more questions: How important is it to have a buff or debuff-like skill on each character? Is it worth keeping the attacks that debuff enemies even if they're weaker than straight up attacks (a la Fang Breaker)?

I'm just finding it really hard to get everything I need when every character is limited to only 6 slots (Some have started to earn a 7th slot but along with that comes new important sounding skills like Concentration/Charge). :-/

My Itsuki was a Great Lord for the whole game, but I managed to get a Wyrmslayer weapon (and a Wyrmicide as well, IIRC) somehow. Forget which one it was though.

Vertti

Lol beat Touma's 3rd side quest boss with unbelievable counter cheese. Can't remember many games where I have had this much fun with boss battles.

Well I got prettt lucky with evasion buff because the enemy missed like 3 times in a row and one hit could have killed me.

Dee Dee

Thanks for the advice!

Some more questions: How important is it to have a buff or debuff-like skill on each character? Is it worth keeping the attacks that debuff enemies even if they're weaker than straight up attacks (a la Fang Breaker)?

I'm just finding it really hard to get everything I need when every character is limited to only 6 slots (Some have started to earn a 7th slot but along with that comes new important sounding skills like Concentration/Charge). :-/

It really depends on your play style.

Generally, if you end up never using the skill, it's a wasted slot.
You can get most trash mobs in the dungeons down with sessions, so when you add skills ask yourself if that's what you are going to apply in boss fights.

I also skilled Charge because I thought it sounds interesting, but I ended up NEVER using it so far. It feels like a wasted turn, that is better spent preparing to either getting hit directly afterwards or trying to take down an enemy to avoid that hit that will come next.

On the other hand, debuffs are much more useful to me personally - Charge will make your own attack hit harder some time in the future, while debuffs can make everyone's attack hit harder with the next person up in the turn order already.
I found the ones that increase your own offense and decreases enemies defense to work best for my play style, but the opposite can work for you (decrease enemies offense, increase own defense).

I spread out a few of those debuff skills around each character, which gives me the chance to do something with them even if none of their skills will hit a weakness for a session, and changing is not an option for some reason - so they can use their turn using a buff/debuff.

Don't worry too much about most of the debuffs by the way, you can buy or find items that do the same thing essentially, and carry them with you as some kind of backup skill!

EDIT: Oh, I re-read your question, you are asking specifically about stuff that is a light attack but can cause stun etc? They are really usefull! If it starts a session anyway, the bit of extra damage is neglectable over the massive advantage a successful stun or debuff can give you. And if it's not starting a session, you are basically applying a debuff with some extra damage. You should really consider them over heavy attacks, if you can't get rid of anything else.

My Itsuki was a Great Lord for the whole game, but I managed to get a Wyrmslayer weapon (and a Wyrmicide as well, IIRC) somehow. Forget which one it was though.

Yeah, had that one too, has to be one of the earlier weapons (in the dungeon where Ellie joins), and it felt superflous, so it got kicked.
I'll see what I can do in the final boss fight without it. :/

My Touma is a Dark Knight but I don't see any weapons having this ability, even those not yet unlocked. I'm at end boss and having trouble, was going to go and get it.

Yeah sorry, just double checked the Japanese wiki.
Itsuki can gets the advanced wyrmicide skill from a conqueror carnage as earliest as chapter 5, but there's still an all-class carnage that you can make as early as chapter 6.

Will have to double check on Touma, I probably got it wrong.

Debuff is useful for the final boss and 2nd play through

Yeah sorry, just double checked the Japanese wiki.
Itsuki can gets the advanced wyrmicide skill from a conqueror carnage as earliest as chapter 5, but there's still an all-class carnage that you can make as early as chapter 6.

Will have to double check on Touma, I probably got it wrong.

Debuff is useful for the final boss and 2nd play through

Ah sounds good. Yah I had it with Itsuki - was hoping I could get with Touma too, but oh well.

One last quick Q - never used Charge really. How does it work? If my turn order is Itsuki -> Touma -> Mamori and Itsuki uses charge, then it powers up the Touma's Session only? Or would it power up whoever the next person to do a Session is in that turn? So could hypothetically both Itsuki and Touma use Charge and that will significantly boost Mamori's?

Ah sounds good. Yah I had it with Itsuki - was hoping I could get with Touma too, but oh well.

One last quick Q - never used Charge really. How does it work? If my turn order is Itsuki -> Touma -> Mamori and Itsuki uses charge, then it powers up the Touma's Session only? Or would it power up whoever the next person to do a Session is in that turn? So could hypothetically both Itsuki and Touma use Charge and that will significantly boost Mamori's?

It only powers up the attack of the person who's using it. So in your hypothetical scenario, Itsuki would charge, Touma would charge, and Mamori would have a normal attack. Then on the next turn, Itsuki would have a more powerful attack+session, Touma would also have a more powerful attack+session, and Mamori would still have a normal attack+session.

It only powers up the attack of the person who's using it. So in your hypothetical scenario, Itsuki would charge, Touma would charge, and Mamori would have a normal attack. Then on the next turn, Itsuki would have a more powerful attack+session, Touma would also have a more powerful attack+session, and Mamori would still have a normal attack+session.

Ah cool - thanks.

One thing to note about charge and concentrate is that they also increase the damage of people who jump into the sessions. I also thought I saw that those skills also add more damage than raising offense but I could be wrong.

One thing to note about charge and concentrate is that they also increase the damage of people who jump into the sessions. I also thought I saw that those skills also add more damage than raising offense but I could be wrong.

In previous Atlus titles, Concentrate/Charge would raise the attack by ~2.5x. I'm not sure if it's the same here or not, but I tended to use it in conjunction with buffts. Tarukaja + concentrate/chager = very dead enemy.

Frimaire

Wait, now that I think about it, isn't charge/concentrate considerably worse in this game when compared to other Atlus games?
Normally if it multiplied the damage by about 2.5x then it would be more effective than using the same skill twice, but in #FE a lot of damage comes from session attacks.
is the extra .5x damage really worth only getting one set of sessions as opposed to two?
I guess this is assuming that you're hitting a weakness...
It's probably better used on attacks that can't hit weaknesses, like Megidolaon.

Edit: nevermind, just saw the thing about it increasing session damage as well.

Wait, now that I think about it, isn't charge/concentrate considerably worse in this game when compared to other Atlus games?
Normally if it multiplied the damage by about 2.5x then it would be more effective than using the same skill twice, but in #FE a lot of damage comes from session attacks.
is the extra .5x damage really worth only getting one set of sessions as opposed to two?
I guess this is assuming that you're hitting a weakness...
It's probably better used on attacks that can't hit weaknesses, like Megidolaon.

uhhh, it 2.5x the session as well.

Looks like you edited, so nvm.

it's a megaten game, always buff/debuff especially in boss fight :p
as for charge/conc, i think it's around ~2.2x in this one. might be wrong but back when i play this last january, the numbers don't seem to suggest ~2.5x
really need people to test it extensively lol

Charge + Toma's special which guarantee's criticals on sessions pretty much destroyed the boss of his final sidequest in one turn for me.

Generally I've found charge and concentrate pretty useful.

Giolon

It really depends on your play style.

Generally, if you end up never using the skill, it's a wasted slot.
You can get most trash mobs in the dungeons down with sessions, so when you add skills ask yourself if that's what you are going to apply in boss fights.

I also skilled Charge because I thought it sounds interesting, but I ended up NEVER using it so far. It feels like a wasted turn, that is better spent preparing to either getting hit directly afterwards or trying to take down an enemy to avoid that hit that will come next.

On the other hand, debuffs are much more useful to me personally - Charge will make your own attack hit harder some time in the future, while debuffs can make everyone's attack hit harder with the next person up in the turn order already.
I found the ones that increase your own offense and decreases enemies defense to work best for my play style, but the opposite can work for you (decrease enemies offense, increase own defense).

I spread out a few of those debuff skills around each character, which gives me the chance to do something with them even if none of their skills will hit a weakness for a session, and changing is not an option for some reason - so they can use their turn using a buff/debuff.

Don't worry too much about most of the debuffs by the way, you can buy or find items that do the same thing essentially, and carry them with you as some kind of backup skill!

EDIT: Oh, I re-read your question, you are asking specifically about stuff that is a light attack but can cause stun etc? They are really usefull! If it starts a session anyway, the bit of extra damage is neglectable over the massive advantage a successful stun or debuff can give you. And if it's not starting a session, you are basically applying a debuff with some extra damage. You should really consider them over heavy attacks, if you can't get rid of anything else.

Thanks so much for all the advice!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So, Tsubasa's level 47 side story: would it be suicide to attempt at 32? Math suggests yes?
YES. I did the exact same thing, thinking I could get away with using attack/magic mirrors, IT DID NOT WORK. I don't know why the game gives you the quest so early, I would suggest holding off until you finish the chapter & are more leveled up (around 40-ish should do).

Dimmle

YES. I did the exact same thing, thinking I could get away with using attack/magic mirrors, IT DID NOT WORK. I don't know why the game gives you the quest so early, I would suggest holding off until you finish the chapter & are more leveled up (around 40-ish should do).

Yeah, I wouldn't ask but I was given the quest so early and Tsubasa's previous side stories hadn't had any Mirage encounters so I wondered if I might be able to manage. Thanks for the warning. Drives me crazy that the side story will be hanging for fifteen levels until I'm able to take it on. Wouldn't be so bad if she didn't bug you about it on Topic.

Yeah, I wouldn't ask but I was given the quest so early and Tsubasa's previous side stories hadn't had any Mirage encounters so I wondered if I might be able to manage. Thanks for the warning. Drives me crazy that the side story will be hanging for fifteen levels until I'm able to take it on. Wouldn't be so bad if she didn't bug you about it on Topic.

You can get away with it around level 42~43 or so. That's when I did it it, and it wasn't too bad iirc.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It gives it to you because all the main plot related to the content is accounted for.

Just finished the game. Thoughts in spoiler text.

Got the ending where Itsuki took over as President and Maiko went back to being a model. Just confirming - is that the good ending? If so, what is the "bad" ending?

Also, goddamn I really loved that game. I never played a SMT or Persona game. Would I be really into them - if so, which are closest to this game? I loved the characters a ton. Didn't like that I couldn't pick a romantic partner though. Seemed like I was with the dialogue in the final scenes before meeting with Tiki, but didn't seem to change anything.

Got the ending where Itsuki took over as President and Maiko went back to being a model. Just confirming - is that the good ending? If so, what is the "bad" ending?

Also, goddamn I really loved that game. I never played a SMT or Persona game. Would I be really into them - if so, which are closest to this game? I loved the characters a ton. Didn't like that I couldn't pick a romantic partner though. Seemed like I was with the dialogue in the final scenes before meeting with Tiki, but didn't seem to change anything.

normal ending is
itsuki doesn't take over maiko's place

ohlawd

Go play Devil Survivor (1 or 2, OR BOTH) and Digital Devil Saga right now.

I beat it!

Took me 53 hours, loved every minute of it. Final boss was very hard though, got lucky at the end so I could give him the final blow with just one party member left standing.

The song right before the final boss is so freakin' cool! Watched it like 5 times :p

Ulysses 31

I beat it!

Took me 53 hours, loved every minute of it. Final boss was very hard though, got lucky at the end so I could give him the final blow with just one party member left standing.

The song right before the final boss is so freakin' cool! Watched it like 5 times :p

So it's time for judgement: what's the game worth to you out of 10? >.>

Digital Devil Saga looks interesting. The character designs are way fucking cool. How's the difficulty compared to TMS?

On a scale of 1 to 10,
TMS is 1, DDS1 is a 9, DDS2 is a 6.

DDS1 only had one difficulty setting, which was hard.
There's no way for you to avoid random super-strong enemy encounters.
Some bosses have mechanics where they are invulnerable at times.
Enemies exploit your weakness more and have more annoying curse mechanics.
No save anywhere
Sessions? Duo Arts? Ad-lib performance? What's that

-shadow-

For anyone who actually wants the CD inlay cover for rips or anything, since I couldn't find a high quality version for myself I decided to simply recreate it. Can just as well dump it here if anyone wants it.

On a scale of 1 to 10,
TMS is 1, DDS1 is a 9, DDS2 is a 6.

DDS1 only had one difficulty setting, which was hard.
There's no way for you to avoid random super-strong enemy encounters.
Some bosses have mechanics where they are invulnerable at times.
Enemies exploit your weakness more and have more annoying curse mechanics.
No save anywhere
Sessions? Duo Arts? Ad-lib performance? What's that

Oh boy, c-can't wait

-Horizon-

Just did Yashiro's first side quest...

we shokugeki no soma now >.>

And Ellie's second side quest was good too...why is there no dating sim element Atlus?! >.<

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just did Yashiro's first side quest...

we shokugeki no soma now >.>

And Ellie's second side quest was good too...why is there no dating sim element Atlus?! >.<
Everyone would only pick Maiko, they don't want to make sizable content people would never see.

Dee Dee

Chapter 6 is breaking me.

Does anyone have a map for that horrible part of the dungeon with invisible teleporter spaces?

Fuck it, going to bed now!
Already spent 10 hours in chapter 6 (including side quest stuff and some arena). Aaaahhhhhhh....

Frimaire

Chapter 6 is breaking me.

Does anyone have a map for that horrible part of the dungeon with invisible teleporter spaces?

Fuck it, going to bed now!
Already spent 10 hours in chapter 6 (including side quest stuff and some arena). Aaaahhhhhhh....

If you aren't already, it helps to use lightoma or flashlights so you can see the teleport spaces.

Tanis

After 50 hours I hit my first crash in chapter 5. I was spending tickets on the Anzu lottery and it hung. I wasn't too worried and decided to leave it for the night and pickup the next day.

However after just 5 minutes playing the next day it crashed again just running through Bloom Palace. Now I'm really panicking that my Wii U is dying. I removed and cleaned the disc, blew out the console and moved it to a slightly better position for airflow. Played for a couple of hours after that with no problem. It might be my imagination but I think the disc drive and fan is sounding louder than usual.

Top Bottom