• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

Gaz_RB

Im still a bit on the fence about this game but did they ever fix the issue where when one guy spots you, it alerts the entire base to your exact location?

If he spots you and shoots/shouts, then they'll come for your general direction.

But they do use a last known location type thing so you can slip away and flank them as they move to where you used to be.

I haven't found it to be particularly unfair.

What is wrong with dem controooools! The driving is terrible but hey it's not GTA but even the character movement is a bit rough. Also does anyone know how to switch shoulder view when aiming? Is this even possible?

R1 on console.

If he spots you and shoots/shouts, then they'll come for your general direction.

But they do use a last known location type thing so you can slip away and flank them as they move to where you used to be.

I haven't found it to be particularly unfair.

R1 on console.

Thanks! This really helps a lot.

NoFoX

What is wrong with dem controooools! The driving is terrible but hey it's not GTA but even the character movement is a bit rough. Also does anyone know how to switch shoulder view when aiming? Is this even possible?

All of this, yes.... + the movement feels like it has 1sec input lagg.
But hey, i've played the beta and i can live with it.

Okay.. the Ghost Recon Network (GRN) appears to be functional this morning.. who knows how long it'll last..

OP, can you add this info to the first post?

Ghost Recon Wildlands XBOX NeoGAF Task Force - Captain Zyrain moderator

Ghost Recon Wildlands XBOX NeoGAF Club - Belker moderator

The GRN seems to segregate people into completely different areas depending on what system you're playing on (Xbox, PS4, PC), so we'll need to get 3 different Task Forces setup to cover everything. I think there was one for the BETA, but I can't see it as it wasn't created originally for Xbox.

This game absolutely shines as a co-op experience. I can't wait to try with 4 people, it's a blast with 2. Microphones are a must!

void666

Banned
Are you guys able to properly use attack helicopters? I mean, can you hit what you're aiming at? Because i can't.

Gaz_RB

Horizon, Zelda, Wildlands, ME:A.

Open worlds for days.

Wildlands is fucking massive. I keep thinking, oh i can just walk over there, but the map is just too big.

Are you guys able to properly use attack helicopters? I mean, can you hit what you're aiming at? Because i can't.

You're doing it wrong. The most effective way to kill targets with the attack chopper is to crash the helicopter directly into your enemy.

I've only used the Little Bird-esque chopper with the machine guns.. and holy hell I can't hit anything. I've done a few strafing runs.. but.. yeesh.

The only time I came close was attacking a mountain top, and I tried to stay level to it and fire forwards. Still a crapshoot though, not sure how you're supposed to properly use it.

Maybe it would work better on PC with a joystick?

Horizon, Zelda, Wildlands, ME:A.

Open worlds for days.

Wildlands is fucking massive. I keep thinking, oh i can just walk over there, but the map is just too big.

Last night my friend and I decided to get in a riverboat and cruise up to the "Ocean" on the map. Once I got there, I realized it was just a big lake and there were more territories above it. This place is YUUUUGGGEEEE.

Keihart

Just bought this on a whim on PC beacuse the graphics looked pretty sweet on a video...
Downloading as we speak, maybe if this runs ok and i can have some fun online i'll keep it...i shouldn't have bought it without friends to play it on PC.

I can barely fly the helicopters in this game let alone use them in any other meaningful way. After so many people complained, I'm surprised they didn't add other control scheme options.

Gaz_RB

Just bought this on a whim on PC beacuse the graphics looked pretty sweet on a video...
Downloading as we speak, maybe if this runs ok and i can have some fun online i'll keep it...i shouldn't have bought it without friends to play it on PC.

Uplay:gaz_rb

I usually play with a friend duo but for some of the harder stuff we realize we might need some friends.

luulubuu

New sniper rifle!
OoyMVCn.jpg

Very happy with my performance so far
0r0AvTt.jpg

void666

Banned
You're doing it wrong. The most effective way to kill targets with the attack chopper is to crash the helicopter directly into your enemy.

Yeah, while you're friends are still inside.

I've only used the Little Bird-esque chopper with the machine guns.. and holy hell I can't hit anything. I've done a few strafing runs.. but.. yeesh.

The only time I came close was attacking a mountain top, and I tried to stay level to it and fire forwards. Still a crapshoot though, not sure how you're supposed to properly use it.

Maybe it would work better on PC with a joystick?

There's no strafe movement. You can't circle strafe. There's no aiming reticule. Why make helicoptrer controls so half assed?
I was wondering that maybe i was doing it wrong and there's a way to "git gud".

I pitch the helicooter forward while flying low and flying tight circles while shooting at an encampments. Usually kill most of the baddies, hitting moving vehicles is a different story though lol.

EekTheKat

It's a small thing, but the lack of
Tactical Reloading
really started to bother me once I noticed it.

Usually these type of games are good at little details like this.

That and the lack of corpse handling/hiding sort of bothered me as well.

I kind of wish they implemented something like one of the old GR games where you can set up situations where if you snipe an enemy near another Ghost the other Ghost would catch the body before it hits the ground or water and gently lay the body down.

Overall they should have went deeper with the world interactions and command system. Having corpses disappear like magic is a bit bothersome.

I found myself pretty motivated to collect gun parts, so much so that I spent 90 percent of the time in game running around all over the place.

Got a pretty good setup I'm pretty comfortable with now though. Though after all that I am still inclined to use my pistol more for close quarters combat.

There's no strafe movement. You can't circle strafe. There's no aiming reticule. Why make helicoptrer controls so half assed?

Not even on PC? I figured they just gimped it for us console peasants. Hopefully that's something they can add in later, this game would be even better with fluid helo controls.. swooping through the jungle.. rivers.. mountains.. ahh. I've gotten pretty good at flying and landing with the Xbox controller, but it's not easy.

It's a small thing, but the lack of
Tactical Reloading
really started to bother me once I noticed it.

Usually these type of games are good at little details like this.

That and the lack of corpse handling/hiding sort of bothered me as well.

I kind of wish they implemented something like one of the old GR games where you can set up situations where if you snipe an enemy near another Ghost the other Ghost would catch the body before it hits the ground or water and gently lay the body down.

Overall they should have went deeper with the world interactions and command system. Having corpses disappear like magic is a bit bothersome.

I found myself pretty motivated to collect gun parts, so much so that I spent 90 percent of the time in game running around all over the place.

Got a pretty good setup I'm pretty comfortable with now though. Though after all that I am still inclined to use my pistol more for close quarters combat.

Yeah, for the supposed emphasis on stealth, there are not a lot of stealth options. Hiding bodies would be a nice thing to have for sure. I imagine due to the open world maybe it was tough? Though Ass Creed did it I think.

Either way, most of the engagements so far are over in a few minutes, so it's not a huge deal.. but would be nice. Maybe in GRW2 ;-)

Keihart

Uplay:gaz_rb

I usually play with a friend duo but for some of the harder stuff we realize we might need some friends.

Oh cool , i have no idea what my Uplay is but it'll send you an friend request if that is a thing when i play.

I've been out of the loop on this game, looking at a screenshot above of a new sniper rifle...does this have The Division style loot?

I've been out of the loop on this game, looking at a screenshot above of a new sniper rifle...does this have The Division style loot?

I haven't played the division, but in GRW you can find weapons around the world, which unlocks them for use & customization.

You can pick up enemy weapons and use them, but not keep them or customize them.

You also find scopes and extended mags/etc that you can use to customize guns you 'own'.

No color-coded or randomized loot at all. No leveling or RPG elements like you'd find in the Division either.

Just specific weapon parts/attachments that are in particular places on the map.

Think of it as a regular game with co-op instead of an MMO-lite like Destiny or Division with their lootstuffs and their end-games.

Dabanton

Put a few hours in on this solo last night and it's pretty overwhelming but pretty good. Just my sort of game.

I love stuff like having civilians wandering about and all hell breaks loose and you have to be careful who you target. Also last second neutralizing of a solider your drone didn't pick up.

Calderc

Anyone got a decent sniper scope? None of them seem to oncrease the range that much. I wanna pull off 500m shots, dammit.

Put a few hours in on this solo last night and it's pretty overwhelming but pretty good. Just my sort of game.

I love stuff like having civilians wandering about and all hell breaks loose and you have to be careful who you target. Also last second neutralizing of a solider your drone didn't pick up.

Man.. the civvies are insane.. I (regrettably) killed one last night, my mini-map showed there was a guy around the corner so I popped out and killed the guy.. the wrong guy. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sigh. I wonder if he had a family..

Now the people walking along the road who DIVE into the road as you drive by.. I feel less bad about them..

Feeroper

So does the season pass seem worth it for this game? Does the game have the legs to make this a worthwhile purchase?

Dabanton

Man.. the civvies are insane.. I (regrettably) killed one last night, my mini-map showed there was a guy around the corner so I popped out and killed the guy.. the wrong guy. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sigh. I wonder if he had a family..

Now the people walking along the road who DIVE into the road as you drive by.. I feel less bad about them..

Haha exactly how I killed one last night. Sync shot two guards outside of a sicario house and a third guy saw the bodies and shouted, alerting the whole house.

As it was night time it was hard to differentiate who was who, and like you my mini map showed a red dot approaching. So I popped out from behind a wall and shot an innocent guy running out the gate :(

My AI teammates chastised me.

So does the season pass seem worth it for this game? Does the game have the legs to make this a worthwhile purchase?

This is the info I found..

The first expansion, titled Narco Road, will task players with infiltrating a gang of smugglers to "take part in crazy races and challenges to earn their infamous leader's trust and destroy them from the inside." The expansion will introduce new bosses and vehicles.

The season pass also includes other missions and equipment packs as described by Ubisoft below:

The Unidad Conspiracy missions: Players will work to break down and destabilize the alliance between Santa Blanca and Unidad in the Media Luna province.

The Peruvian Connection pack: Players will be able to play through the Peruvian Connection mission as well as receive seven gear patches.

Rebellion Ghost Pack: Players can don an outfit inspired by the brave Katari 26 rebels.

They will also unlock a unique AK-47 equipped with a bigger magazine and customized with unique engraving work.

Unidad Ghost Pack: Players dominate enemies with an Unidad outfit so they can attack Unidad camps dressed just like one of them. They will also unlock a unique Unidad LMG weapon, customized with the colors of Unidad, and equipped with a red dot scope and a larger magazine.

Santa Blanca Ghost Pack: With a Santa Blanca-inspired outfit, players can mimic their style without joining their ranks. This pack also unlocks the Santa Blanca golden M1911, customized with engravings and the mark of the cartel, for players to unleash chaos on the cartel.

Exclusive vehicle: Bolivian Minibus

What's more, season pass holders will get a permanent 5% XP booster as well as a single-use two hour XP booster of plus 50 percent for the player and plus 25 percent for other players in the session.

Actually doesn't seem terrible. I wasn't interested before playing the game, but I might go ahead and get it now..

Had another great night with friends last night. Did some more gear collecting but also just did some random supply raids and intel grabs as they presented themselves. Getting the Mk17 was intense. It is in the Unidad HQ base in a province that is almost all ridic Unidad bases. We managed to get in and get out without much fuss after getting a vehicle to get the gate to open. It is fun going on these weapon hunt missions. Got to get two intel caches, going into entire cities but not trying to be noticed. Then to actually get the weapons in these big bases we have to plan or just go for the suicide run where we make it to the case with no exit plan.

The Mk17 is a great AR btw. Love the sound of it. I just need that G28 scope to throw on top of it to make it a versatile beast. Just before I had to bounce we all parachuted in to do a steal an airplane supply mission on some runway way at the top of a mountain side. I took the end of the runway, as I was circling around with my chute I noticed a guy at the end of the runway who was about to stop me. I did a quick dive bomb, toward the side of the cliff, landed in some rocks out of sight and climbed back up to domed him from 5 yards with the Mk17. He completely folded.
kdw69Yxl.jpg

This is a cell phone pic quickly taken of my TV, not a in game screen btw.

Javier23

Banned
It is really no different that any squad-based single player game, like the old Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six. If you enjoyed those, plus love massive open worlds with lots of skills, toys and customization then you will be right at home. There is really not many games out like this, especially on on consoles.
Game is NOTHING like the old Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six games. The game has me interested, but having extensively played both the classics and the beta I can tell you that much.

Belker

Applied for the XB1 club, gt same as name here

You're in. (And thanks to NSA for the link.)

Also, does this game have children in it? I went into a room and discovered an NPC that was small to begin with, like a midget, but who I was able to shrink by bumping into them. They ended up toddler sized. There was another small person outside, running around with a backpack on.

Here's a .gif

http://tw2gif.com/v/8421

The thing is, the face looked quite childlike - but I don't know if that's a glitch in the model.

S5NG1Jp.jpg
[/IMG]

If it isn't a glitch then my special forces operative broke into a kid's bedroom and kept on shoulder-barging them until they ran away.

I redeemed all of the rewards on the Ghost Recon Network site, but they're not showing up in game? Is there something else I have to do?

You're in. (And thanks to NSA for the link.)

Also, does this game have children in it? I went into a room and discovered an NPC that was small to begin with, like a midget, but who I was able to shrink by bumping into them. They ended up toddler sized. There was another small person outside, running around with a backpack on.

Here's a .gif

http://tw2gif.com/v/8421

The thing is, the face looked quite childlike - but I don't know if that's a glitch in the model.

S5NG1Jp.jpg
[/IMG]

If it isn't a glitch then my special forces operative broke into a kid's bedroom and kept on shoulder-barging them until they ran away.

This is amazing. The game is nuts.

wilsonda

Haha exactly how I killed one last night. Sync shot two guards outside of a sicario house and a third guy saw the bodies and shouted, alerting the whole house.

As it was night time it was hard to differentiate who was who, and like you my mini map showed a red dot approaching. So I popped out from behind a wall and shot an innocent guy running out the gate :(

My AI teammates chastised me.

Reminds me of the time during the beta when my co op partner got downed from a couple of baddies. I quickly turned and sprayed them down but I caught two civis in process. (It was dark so I just sprayed at the bodies).

Felt bad but had a good laugh while I was reviving my partner. Made me understand how much true war is hell and I feel bad for folks that really caught in the middle of this in real life. Imagining how I reacted from panic in a video game only makes me think about how people could panic in real world

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Yeah, while you're friends are still inside.

And you can't aim at the ground without accelerating and crashing into it.

It is impossible to use the guns. Maybe you can hit other helicopters?

Kadin

It's crazy to think that many of those lights off in the distance are actual cars driving around and able to be seen if you head towards them. Some have said this game doesn't look all that great but as big as it is with no loading screen, I'm very much impressed.

SJRB

Gold Member
God the size of the game map is absolutely overwhelming. It's going to take me 100 hours to finish this.

SANTA

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTA

BLANCA

Keihart

Any task force for PC players? i want some co-op action so i don't start having buyers guilt!
I tried some open lobby matchmaking....not a great experience.

Another epic session. The peak in easterb Agua Verde is gorgeous. Dense undergrowth, sheer cliffs, great views, basejumping/suicides, and two dudes burying a body.

...and two dudes burying a body.

As you do!

PS4. There was a code attached, but it also said that I had claimed it. I went into the Playstation store to redeem it, but I couldn't.

It's anecdotal since Xbox / Playstation, but I got the code from the Ubisoft Rewards thing, used it on the Xbox website, and then when I logged in next, everything told me it was downloading (unlocking) and I had access to it immediately.

Top Bottom