• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Patch is up on XB1. It is 3.1GB.

Nice to finally turn the radio off and choose what vehicle we want to spawn. Performance seems a little improved as well.

Keihart

I found their banter in the Open Beta absolutely terrible (don't mind bro-ness, but this was too much) and they're also too overpowered

i don't mind the dialogue, i kinda enjoy the cheese...BUT i hate how unfair they feel, i feel so guilty abusing the sync shot. I really want them to be equivalent of a Jarhead AI, just give them more easy to follow orders so i can order them individually.

Roni

They are immersion breaking aimbotters.

My main rule when playing solo is "don't look at your squad mates" because i might see them shooting through walls or walking right next to a bad guy without being spotted.

Exactly, it's costly to have realistic squad mates. So they went the cheap route. Which is why I agree with you and why I think they should've gone one step further and not marked the AI's in the UI.

Their position should be left to the player's imagination to enhance immersion. Seeing my squad position itself right by me through the Drone cam when I ask them to take a shot I couldn't because there's something in the way breaks immersion.

If they removed the blue diamonds over them immersion would be much improved.

Belker

WHen you turn the radios off, you can't even turn them on in the car. But the UI still shows the option for turning the radio on.

I like how you can choose vehicles now from the rebel drop-off; you highlight the ability and a dpad prompt appears where you click left and right to select what you want.

As an aside, I'm trying to make the game more interesting and there's something I'd like to try out in co-op, perhaps tomorrow or this weekend. Would be good to get people's feedback.

I'm a bit under the weather, but if anyone wants to try it out shoot WildlandsGAF an invite on Xbox and I'll do admin while blanketed and sipping tea.

Radio's off is instantly an improvement, the patch fixed the booster glitch for me, and drop off options are awesome. However, the texture strobing/pop in and out while flying is waaaaaay worse now. It only occasionally happened before the patch, now it is constant and much more dramatic when flying over forests. Bummer, I thought this patch was supposed to fix that issue, not make it worse.

Downloading patch now..

I'm home sick today too (thanks a lot, Belker!), so if anyone wants to squad up let me know. Going to work on checking off provinces.

Spat_triate

Exactly, it's costly to have realistic squad mates. So they went the cheap route. Which is why I agree with you and why I think they should've gone one step further and not marked the AI's in the UI.

Their position should be left to the player's imagination to enhance immersion. Seeing my squad position itself right by me through the Drone cam when I ask them to take a shot I couldn't because there's something in the way breaks immersion.

If they removed the blue diamonds over them immersion would be much improved.

I thought you could turn those off in the HUD settings?

Kadin

They are immersion breaking aimbotters.

My main rule when playing solo is "don't look at your squad mates" because i might see them shooting through walls or walking right next to a bad guy without being spotted.
I usually just gather them up in a location and tell them to hold. If I go down, they'll run to come revive me and then rinse, repeat.

Unity2012

Patch is up on XB1. It is 3.1GB.

Nice to finally turn the radio off and choose what vehicle we want to spawn. Performance seems a little improved as well.

Good, thank you. Sounds great. I'm glad they keep working on it. I love this game, it has become one of my favorites. I did not expect to have so much fun with it.

Hyun Sai

For the reals!? I gotta play around with the options some more. Gonna try this tonight, thanks for sharing.

Welp, it doesn't work. Must be bugged. Names and diamonds are still there even when I turn the option off.

And Holy Cow, the "defend the radio" mission of Ingani in Caimanes was the hardest shit I ever done. Why is this in a level 3 zone ? Unbelievable...

Not 100% sure yet, but after the patch, with radios on.. They seem a lot less.. Prevalent? I've seen some radios that are not turned on. The others don't seem as loud. Wonder if they tweaked the settings for the existing radios? Could be the villages I visited, but I'll keep listening.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Never had a single occurrence of this happening to me or my group of friends I play with. So when you fast travel to one of the many established locations, where there should only be rebels, you're getting multiple spawns of enemies? Not sure wtf is going on there but that isn't right. Does this happen both solo and co-op?

Are these Unidad (purple on the map)? Those fuckers will continue to pour in once you're fully engaged and only drop off when you outrun them completely like you would with the cops in GTA games.

This is really bizarre. I also added another line in my post which you might have missed btw. Any chance you can capture one of these occurrences and post it to take a look at? I'd be curious to see how they're spawning into a rebel camp, etc.

Sure. Wont be tonight though. Almost saved the last one but I was swearing too much lol too embarrassing to upload.

As promised, here's the proof.

Vid is a few minutes longer than I'd like, but I kept it mostly raw w/ loadtimes and some (limited) real-time commentary so folks would know I'm not exaggerating. Or cherry picking.

For me, this game is broken. It's damned near unplayable. This video actually captures every type of fucked-up spawn that occurs, because it's not just fast travel. This is just constant harassment by an all-knowing enemy that will spawn in the middle of a goddamned field, over and over. If you actually make it through the 10 mins or whatever, you'll see examples of the spawning under multiple conditions/contexts.

https://youtu.be/eeK9iaUgN00

Vid is a few minutes longer than I'd like, but I kept it mostly raw w/ loadtimes and some (limited) real-time commentary so folks would know I'm not exaggerating. Or cherry picking.

For me, this game is broken. It's damned near unplayable. This video actually captures every type of fucked-up spawn that occurs, because it's not just fast travel. This is just constant harassment by an all-knowing enemy that will spawn in the middle of a goddamned field, over and over. If you actually make it through the 10 mins or whatever, you'll see examples of the spawning under multiple conditions/contexts.

Can't watch the whole vid right now, but have you tried reinstalling the game? Rebuilding your console's database? Recovering an earlier save from the cloud? Joining and playing in a co-op session to force a new save state with someone else as host?

Evolved1

Can't watch the whole vid right now, but have you tried reinstalling the game? Rebuilding your console's database? Recovering an earlier save from the cloud? Joining and playing in a co-op session to force a new save state with someone else as host?
I'm not redownloading this whole game. And as far as saves... I've been dealing with this since day 1. It's just that now, it's constant. Every death. Every fast travel. It started out as an occasional thing... thought it was a rare glitch. But it's intensified and worsened. As far as co-op, still happens. Even if I'm not the game host.

Tbh I just want a refund but buying digital psn I subjected myself to their unfair business model (my fault) so I'm boned.

Probably just going to delete it at this point.

I'm not redownloading this whole game. And as far as saves... I've been dealing with this since day 1. It's just that now, it's constant. Every death. Every fast travel. It started out as an occasional thing... thought it was a rare glitch. But it's intensified and worsened. As far as co-op, still happens. Even if I'm not the game host.

Tbh I just want a refund but buying digital psn I subjected myself to their unfair business model (my fault) so I'm boned.

Probably just going to delete it at this point.

I get that you're frustrated but you have to try reinstalling and rebuilding your database. There's a very high chance doing all of that (+ having to redownload the patches) will shake something loose and fix the issue. Nuclear option is to delete everything and start over, obviously, but at that point I could see dropping the game if you're not totally into it.

Idk man, unless you have horrendous DL speeds or a hardcore data limit, only one thing left...

Palmer_v1

I don't have it happen as badly as you, but I've definitely had random enemies spawn near me. For example, the airport in the SE part of the world, we'd kill everyone around the air traffic control tower, then move towards the hangars and airplanes, only to have a sniper repeatedly resapwn on top of the tower, as well as a few patrolling heavies nearby. Didn't seem to be any particular trigger. I'm playing on PC as well, and usually coop.

Kadin

What the hell... that's ridiculous. I hope you created a bug report because I was searching the subreddit and didn't see any mention of this, but gonna look on the official forums as well. Crazy, crazy.

Thanks for sharing this because it was just as bad as I feared.

edit: just saw this post on the official forums and unless this was you, you're not alone apparently.
edit2: and here as well. Looks like it's not unique to PS4 though as an Xbox player is saying the same in there.
Might not be a bad idea to post a link to that on the subreddit or the Ubi forums so people can actually see what's happening and get this issue looked into faster.

Evolved1

What the hell... that's ridiculous. I hope you created a bug report because I was searching the subreddit and didn't see any mention of this, but gonna look on the official forums as well. Crazy, crazy.

Thanks for sharing this because it was just as bad as I feared.

edit: just saw this post on the official forums and unless this was you, you're not alone apparently.
edit2: and here as well. Looks like it's not unique to PS4 though as an Xbox player is saying the same in there.
Might not be a bad idea to post a link to that on the subreddit or the Ubi forums so people can actually see what's happening and get this issue looked into faster.
Thanks for investigating. I added my vid to those threads, hopefully they'll submit or circulate them. I've no desire to do it.

Gonna finish Horizon and hope for the best. Wildlands is occasionally fun when it works.

calder

Hah had a rebel vehicle I requested fall on my head twice now. Once an armored SUV and one helicopter... which somehow felt more painful as I was standing on a road.

The rebel radio missions are total fucking trash. Hate them all soooooo much, they are either boring and stupid or ridiculously hard and stupid.

After a couple hours I really like this. Feels more like Ghost Recon than I expected.

I much prefer it to The Division, bullet sponge enemies really bug me in 'realistic' shooters.

Haven't played online yet, sounds like that's the way to go. I don't have a headset, is communication absolutely necessary to join some public games on PC?

Shout out to the people of Bolivia for doing their part in the war on drugs.

eUDlCPy.gif

Arkanius

This is the type of game that I shouldn't like, because it touches every point that I've grown to dislike lately as such:

• Checklist open world
  • Tacticool
  • Cringe dialog

Yet, it's god damn satisfying infiltrating a town by helicopter with the AI team mates or going "ghost recon" and cleaning them all one by one.

Guilty pleasure.
Playing on PC, still have to try Coop... How is it? How's the objective? I feel it might be boring with players doing random stuff...

This is the type of game that I shouldn't like, because it touches every point that I've grown to dislike lately as such:

• Checklist open world
  • Tacticool
  • Cringe dialog

Yet, it's god damn satisfying infiltrating a town by helicopter with the AI team mates or going "ghost recon" and cleaning them all one by one.

Guilty pleasure.
Playing on PC, still have to try Coop... How is it? How's the objective? I feel it might be boring with players doing random stuff...

Co op with friends is excellent.

SomTervo

I swear this game has the most interiors i've seen in an open world game ever. Even in cities I'm certain 9/10 of the buildings you can walk right into and explore without a single loading screen. Makes gunfights super fun and dynamic and makes running away from enemies feel like less of a corner-based crapshoot.

The team have really outdone themselves.

----------------

On a separate topic, last night I was getting tired of desert/plains and wanted a lush change of scenery so I fast-travelled back to Itacua and humped it into that 2-star region immediately east of it.

Fucking hell. Suddenly in a proper "tropical overgrown jungle town" sneaking through, dodging patrols, popping the occasional target, hiding in buildings, gathering intel... Bloody amazing. Suddenly I'm in a spy/thriller movie set in a lush South American village.

Welp, went ahead and bought this since it was $10 off on PSN right now

...i... i just want essentially Narcos: The Game, lol

It basically is that, it's awesome.

Wth, that sucks. Hope it gets fixed somehow.

FiraB

Banned
I kinda wish I had the option to change the weather at will. Windy, raining, thunderstorm at night for certain missions is truly awesome.

Had my mates scope the base while I sneaked through the base, grab the guy and kill him in private without anyone noticing all while that storm was raging, it was beautiful.

After spending days on mass effect andromeda I really appreciate the effort the team put into this game because it really isnt as bad as people think it is when you can see it can be so much worse.

Started a new character to play with my partner last night. Hearing the unsuppressed MSR through her 1000W stereo is quite something.

In the same intro radio mission, timed a frag to go off under the back of a Santa Blanca Retiree's Cadillac while it was in motion-- caused a spectacular flip; wish I had recorded it.

Also landing on a gradient can be challenging.http://imgur.com/spUVz63.gif

Point the nose up hill. It will still maple syrup down the mountain and into traffic, but at least you can get out.

I find the Blackhawk stays where you park it more readily than the Little Bird.

Point the nose up hill. It will still maple syrup down the mountain and into traffic, but at least you can get out.

I find the Blackhawk stays where you park it more readily than the Little Bird.

Oh I have done it before, but I fucked up by thinking it wouldnt roll the way I was trying to land it.

Keihart

I'm using the 556xi as my loud weapon and it's pretty freaking awesome with the extended magazine. Choppers and cars can't stand a clip even without the car damage perk wich i haven't got yet.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm very suprised we don't have EMP grenades, would have helped myself alot in certain areas.

Also anyone come across this vehicle? I've yet to see it.

4CAbKLE.png

Belker

I kinda wish I had the option to change the weather at will. Windy, raining, thunderstorm at night for certain missions is truly awesome.

Had my mates scope the base while I sneaked through the base, grab the guy and kill him in private without anyone noticing all while that storm was raging, it was beautiful.

After spending days on mass effect andromeda I really appreciate the effort the team put into this game because it really isnt as bad as people think it is when you can see it can be so much worse.

You may have been the only one in a storm - the weather doesn't necessarily appear the same in co-op. I've been in storms when others have been in the same place and its been sunny.

EDIT -

Sorry, that might have come across a bit curt. It's because I'm not feeling very well. I think it would be cool to be able to change the weather, though I think the game might need deeper systems to really do justice to the idea. It's not very sim-like, but I think it would be fun if lightning would occasionally strike the ground for the chance to kill enemies (or friendlies) or blow up vehicles. It might act the same as a mortar, with a short on-screen warning that an rea was about to get hit.

Sparrows,

Easier if I tell you what I've come up with when I'm on. Feeling quite rough at the moment, so I hope to be on this weekend at least.

Top Bottom