• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

MicH

Ahahahaha WOW.

So, Paulink decided to confess to Pinkie. He goes to the beach, sings her a song... And then up pops Reggie. Expected him.

Did not expect Mich to pop out of the water.

She chose Paulink in the end, but geez. Pinkie you minx, I had no idea.
Hahaha, god I love this game! I haven't had any new love confessions lately. Same old, same old, although Maya and Luigi will try to make a baby!

BooJoh

How do I get the spot pass item? I have the docks, but it doesn't let me do anything at them

Make sure you've enabled SpotPass (and StreetPass.) In order to do so, once you've opened the hat shop, you need to enter it from the map screen and then leave (entering from the gifts screen won't trigger the prompt to enable StreetPass/SpotPass) I had been entering the hat shop from the gift screen all the time and had no idea why I wasn't able to turn on StreetPass/SpotPass until I read the manual and realized I had to visit the hat shop from the map.

McNum

Ahahahaha WOW.

So, Paulink decided to confess to Pinkie. He goes to the beach, sings her a song... And then up pops Reggie. Expected him.

Did not expect Mich to pop out of the water.

She chose Paulink in the end, but geez. Pinkie you minx, I had no idea.
How do you get multiple people in a love confession, anyway?

Mine has always been one-on-one, well exepct for that time Phoenix Wright wanted to confess to Rosalina and Duke Nukem showed up instead to tell him that Rosalina was spoken for. Very polite for Duke, too. Expected him to throw Phoenix into the sea.

Also, is that the Pinkie I posted? She married Luigi in my game, but they've divorced. Probably for the best... do we want to know what their baby would have looked like?

Kazerei

Banned
Tomodachi Life is the perfect game to play while playing other games :lol

I've been playing MH3U online lately, and in between hunts I check on my island. It's consuming my life.

BooJoh

Tomodachi Life is the perfect game to play while playing other games :lol

I've been playing MH3U online lately, and in between hunts I check on my island. It's consuming my life.

Seriously, I just leave it sitting open on the Kid Icarus stand (great for this game btw) and plugged into the charger and check in once in a while sometimes. I've got over 60 hours logged, plus 30 more on the demo.

zroid

Banned
YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I beat Tomodachi Quest without a healer lol!!!

It was reeally close though, 2 were dead, and the other 2 had less than 20 HP remaining. Yikes!

Did you guys buy this retail or digitally? My girlfriend is really bugging me for the game since I let her play the move in demo.

It is really the ideal game to have a digital copy of. I bought physical because I got a discount, but otherwise digital is definitely the way to go imo.

zroid

Banned
So what games have you guys seen Miis playing on Wii U so far?

I've seen the Pirate game in Game & Wario, as well as both the Takamaru and Metroid games in Nintendo Land. Groose and Katt were battling each other in the latter. (✿◕‿◕)
Katt won

BooJoh

I've seen the Pirate game in Game & Wario, as well as both the Takamaru and Metroid games in Nintendo Land. Groose and Katt were battling each other in the latter. (✿◕‿◕)
Katt won

I'm pretty sure I've seen them play the Zelda Nintendo Land game. You can tell because the people with remotes are swinging and it plays sword slashing sounds.

They actually play games!?

Whenever I see my Miis playing on a Wii U it's just a blank screen. I thought it was funny but apparently I'm missing out.

zroid

Banned
They actually play games!?

Whenever I see my Miis playing on a Wii U it's just a blank screen. I thought it was funny but apparently I'm missing out.

the screen doesn't show anything but sometimes you can tell from the sound effects and their gestures! it's pretty cool. :p

the screen doesn't show anything but sometimes you can tell from the sound effects and their gestures! it's pretty cool. :p
Ahhh okay. I'm not familiar enough with Wii U games to be able to tell, then haha. I once saw two Miis with Wiimotes and one with the gamepad, probably playing something out of Nintendoland.

So since Nintendo decide not to grace us 'PAL' gamers with any cool special Miis in the Plaza for some unknown reason - I have to create my own Iwatas and the like.

There are so many Reggies and stuff around though people have made, do I just pick one or is there a 'proper' one?

Well I bought it. Downloaded it digitally. I might need a new SD card soon. Down to less than 3k blocks.

I like it so far. I want to add more weird miis.

zroid

Banned
So since Nintendo decide not to grace us 'PAL' gamers with any cool special Miis in the Plaza for some unknown reason - I have to create my own Iwatas and the like.

There are so many Reggies and stuff around though people have made, do I just pick one or is there a 'proper' one?

I think the ones in the OP are official

mohuerta

Having a great time with this game. Here's my mii if anyone wants to add to your island.
zl_Cfz_SDq_Rz_YJ_M9jl_J.jpg

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Masoluk was tearing up Machine's place.

HNI_0035.JPG

Ayumi Hamasaki revels in the misery of others.

HNI_0030.JPG

My island is populated by crack fiends.

HNI_0026.JPG

Aonuma has questionable hobbies. Bish is concerned.

HNI_0027.JPG

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Some crazy times on Shindig Island!

SUIdUXJ.png

ᵃᵃᵃᵃaaaAAAAAAAAAaaaaaᵃᵃᵃᵃ

YagaKJ7.jpg

Cooking Mama's new shampoo is something to behold.

uMcK9tG.jpg

GOJIRA

Anyone know if I can break up a couple that wants to propose to each other? Because I'd rather rearrange those relationships.

And some presents for you, GAF! Most of them come with correct rooms and catchphrases and stuff too, provided you're playing the NA version.

fqxe6w9.jpg

8aX2eva.jpg

9L4wrs1.jpg

LuEajQ4.jpg

Bb7wwwG.jpg

MibXfdE.jpg

LTU7Pn6.jpg

Se2mcs5.jpg

vOCc9AY.jpg

RLpIWc6.jpg

Qebxy8C.jpg

vhtZ2qm.jpg

Hair dye used on Bubblegum, Yu, Kanji, and Naoto. And I just realized I must have washed off Nemissa's hair dye, because it was the correct bluish-gray before.

NewGame

Banned
Is there a point to 'treasures'? Should I just sell them all in the pawn shop?

Also has anyone found out any glitches/exploits to get money/items?

I have so many characters I want to make and the best rooms cost all the money ever.

Make sure you've enabled SpotPass (and StreetPass.) In order to do so, once you've opened the hat shop, you need to enter it from the map screen and then leave (entering from the gifts screen won't trigger the prompt to enable StreetPass/SpotPass) I had been entering the hat shop from the gift screen all the time and had no idea why I wasn't able to turn on StreetPass/SpotPass until I read the manual and realized I had to visit the hat shop from the map.

I had to close the 3DS and let it sit for a minute or so until the light starting blinking, then it worked.

Ayumi

Sorry if I'm already answering my own question here, but I am looking for confirmation.

I really want this game to play with my international friends. I know that you can add friends to your 3DS from anywhere in the world, but if I buy this game in Japan, I'm guessing I'm only able to play with friends who also use the JP version?

Thank you advance!

Wrathie83

Neo Member
Is there a point to 'treasures'? Should I just sell them all in the pawn shop?

Also has anyone found out any glitches/exploits to get money/items?

I have so many characters I want to make and the best rooms cost all the money ever.
At first I kept one of each til I discovered that there was no use to them apart from selling and the fact they get logged anyhow :).

Top Bottom