• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

Hey guy! I was the one that made the persona 3 & 4 mii posted earlier (animekatt). I just got done with a Danganronpa set that i'll try to post later today or early tomorrow after work.

Animekatt

Groose and Katt are sweethearts now :D

Dawww.

Hopefully Luigi and Rosalina are next :)

Why no Daisy? ;(

Run away before Daisy fanboys are going to kill you.

Too late! Daisy Fangirl reporting.

Hey guy! I was the one that made the persona 3 & 4 mii posted earlier (animekatt). I just got done with a Danganronpa set that i'll try to post later today or early tomorrow after work.

Hi <3! Can't wait to see them.

pariah164

YISS. Can't wait. Will kick out some Miis to make room for the DR characters. Anyone married is safe, as are the celebrities. Anyone else may be getting voted off the island.

Javier

I now have two married couples since Saturday, Iwata and Nikki were the first, and later that same day Javier married Nah (based on the Fire Emblem character)

Meanwhile Naruto and Cynthia broke up. That memories montage was painful.

Robin64

Needed some science on mah island.

zlCfzSD0fWslO0t-I5

He's unlocked, if you wanna tweak him at all.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I now have two married couples since Saturday, Iwata and Nikki were the first, and later that same day Javier married Nah (based on the Fire Emblem character)

Meanwhile Naruto and Cynthia broke up. That memories montage was painful.
Eyyyy my Iwata and Nkki got married today.

ASTROID2

Is there an easy way to get vacation/travel tickets? I need one and never get any. I only ever got one and now all I get is medicine.

MicH

Is there an easy way to get vacation/travel tickets? I need one and never get any. I only ever got one and now all I get is medicine.
In my experience, I tend to get them when fulfilling very specific requests. One of my islanders wanted a ninja outfit, so I gave him one and he gave me a travel ticket. Not sure if u just got lucky though

BooJoh

I found that sending a couple on vacation together seems to bump their relationship status up one rank. I was able to send a newly formed couple on 2-3 vacations and they went from "Totally in love" which seems to be the starting rank to "Let's get married!" That was early this morning and they still haven't married though. Meanwhile another couple formed and got married within about 10 minutes this morning.

I also got my first baby today. Lois Griffin and one of my irl friends. She has Lois' eyes and his mouth.

EDIT: Arya. is. pissed.

ftZUfJw.jpg

This is the first time I've seen someone get this mad.

Kyzon

I found that sending a couple on vacation together seems to bump their relationship status up one rank. I was able to send a newly formed couple on 2-3 vacations and they went from "Totally in love" which seems to be the starting rank to "Let's get married!" That was early this morning and they still haven't married though. Meanwhile another couple formed and got married within about 10 minutes this morning.

I also got my first baby today. Lois Griffin and one of my irl friends. She has Lois' eyes and his mouth.

EDIT: Arya. is. pissed.

ftZUfJw.jpg

This is the first time I've seen someone get this mad.

O__O whoa

Chaos17

Stocking wanted to break up with Alex but didn't said why.
It was sad to see Alex remembering the past but it helped me understand a bit why they broke up. It seems Stocking found his jokes annoying : "Did you said something?"

BqaB09XCAAEjLqZ.jpg

I agreed to the broke up because I think Alex is better with Nikki.
They spend so much time together that I don't understand why they aren't at least best friends.

I still haven't recieved any Tomodachi streetpasses yet but at least i get about 6-9 normal passes per day when i cycle to work!

My mii was the first one to get married, yay! Though i don't think it will last and he's much better off with Penny. Nicki Minaj and Stevie Nicks are inseparable BFFs and Milk is in a funk because Ayumi didn't accept his apology for their fight. This is a great little time-waster for diving in and out of through the day but if you don't have a compelling roster of islanders i can see it getting boring. I must admit i also neglect the boys more than i should, "Sort yourself out Shaq, Scanty wants a new hat!" lol

Do you keep the island going or will you create a new one every now and then?
Also, any tutorials or tips for vocaloid settings?

I'll have to copy some pics off the SD Card and post them at some point too.

BooJoh

I can't imagine ever wanting to restart my island because of all the catalog unlocks, but I could see myself deleting some islanders eventually to bring in new ones.

For creating voices:
Pitch is obviously how high the voice is.
Speed is self-explanatory, but you can tweak it slightly to try to get rid of random glitchy sounds in some voices.
Quality, from left to right, is like old man -> deep voice -> more whiny male voice -> female -> raspy old lady.
Tone is how high their voice is at the start of a sentence. Higher is more expressive-sounding while all the way left is monotone and almost robotic.
Accent can be tricky to get sounding right, I think it actually adjusts reverb. I usually keep it low, but a far right Accent combined with Intonation 3 or 4 can lend itself to faux-foreign accents.
Intonation 1 = slightly monotone, 2 = upward inflection (like everything is a question,)
3 and 4 both sound overall more expressive in slightly different ways.

I mostly set the intonation and speed, then just play around with mostly Pitch, Quality, and Tone until it sounds close to how I think the person sounds.

Oh man why can't I ever get the Super Scope in a treasure box!?

I think it's the last one I need out of the boxes too, I need another 17 and have had nothing but dupes for two days.....

sethcheek

I put together a little Pro-Xbox ballad to jab at my buddy, ckohler. Even made his Mii a backup dancer in it for a little extra salt in the wound.

http://youtu.be/ya6phn2eba4

(I don't know a way to set a pronunciation for the word LIVE that makes him say "Live" like "Streaming Live" instead of like "Live and Let Live". You can set pronunciations on Mii names and nicknames, but I didn't see an option for it on lyrics.)

FaintDeftone

Big thanks to aechris for hooking me up with the demo version. I actually really enjoyed what I played and wanted more. I think I'm going to pick a copy of this up sometime this week.

K-A-Deman

Just got my first sweetheart couple. Maya Fey asked Bill Trinen on the tower with some prodding from Wonder Pink.

This game is awesome.

McNum

Ooooo Boxing Ring Interior today; maybe I should get a Little Mac.
There's a boxing ring? Well, then you DO need a Little Mac.

You can have mine if you want:
Little%20Mac.JPG

He is quite small, and of course, unlocked. EU version of the game, so you'll only get the clothes if that's your version.

FaintDeftone

I just picked up a copy of the game. Since a fellow GAFer hooked me up with the demo, I have two codes I will share if anybody wants them. Shoot me a PM if so.

BooJoh

Can't you like set her to spouse to speed it up?

I don't think that helps. I set a Mii to spouse in the demo. After 30 hours of demo and 83 hours of full version, they finally became a couple two days ago, both are at "Let's get married!" status but neither has proposed.

That being said, I think the best way to absolutely push a couple is to have them as the first two Miis you import, and then wait for them to become friends before adding anyone else, then try not to allow either one to become friends with anyone else of the opposite gender (unless it's your Mii and relatives) until they're a couple. I'm not sure of other ways.

I don't think that helps. I set a Mii to spouse in the demo. After 30 hours of demo and 83 hours of full version, they finally became a couple two days ago, both are at "Let's get married!" status but neither has proposed.

That being said, I think the best way to absolutely push a couple is to have them as the first two Miis you import, and then wait for them to become friends before adding anyone else, then try not to allow either one to become friends with anyone else of the opposite gender (unless it's your Mii and relatives) until they're a couple. I'm not sure of other ways.

Well then I guess that wife is fucked then! Best of luck!

In the meantime, broke up some Miis. Hard on both sides, I was like, okay. Sure.

Then I check the side who recieved the news about the breakup, and he's so devastated, giving me Happy Memories, with that... breakup music. It was heartbreaking to the point of disillusioning me again.

And then I saw the jokes... and wondered if Bobobo was delusional.

zroid

Banned
Katt wanted to propose to Groose already! I had to ignore the request, their relationship status was still a long way from Let's Get Married.

Rocky

Banned
Welp, Zee and Debby's daughter Melanie grew up today. I gave her an apartment on the island instead of sending her out to travel.

Can couples have more babies or is that it after having one?

Top Bottom