• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Blair: Cheney wanted to invade Iran, Syria, Iraq, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
speculawyer said:
Don't forget that Bush chose Cheney to be VP. So you can't say he protected us from the poison he selected.

And holy crap . . . imagine how bad our economy would be right now if we had gone ahead with such wars. We would be in collapse from government debt. Cheney's brain was still in 1950s thinking USA was king of the world. No . . . these days we are completely dependent on foreign oil, foreign debt financing, and cheap foreign labor. Our economy is hollow and Cheney didn't realize it. He probably still doesn't.

The economy is strangly an aspect that was completely overlooked by the PNAC, in typical neocon fashion, and ended up being the most important one. It was probably overlooked because it was beyond their grasp and common lexicon. So in the end they were all a bunch of circle-jerkers. They never made the economy a priority, because they never understood it, so they didn't want to talk about it.

Mama Robotnik said:
America, how did this man get to be one pretzel away from being your Commander in Chief?
It's quite easy.

1. Get less votes than the other guys
2. Check the election rule book
3. Check again to make sure they just read that right
4. ???
5. Profit!!!

Jerk

Banned
Jexhius said:
Dear lord, what a crazy bastard.

As if such a thing were even feasible.

Depends on what 'remake the power structure of several countries' means.

If it means carpet-bombing the hell out of their capitals and justifying that defense budget in the process, then yeah.

The man is clearly unbalanced though and should not have been anywhere close to a position of power.

OuterWorldVoice said:
It would be one thing if Cheney had any diplomatic, strategic or intellectual abilities beyond the naked thirst for power, but he never demonstrated any. He was a failure in every way you can measure failure on the job. And a thoroughly dislikable prick. People who like Cheney in my experience, are evil hearted weirdoes who moved on to the tea party when he rode off into the sunset.

Hmm, he was only a failure as a VP because of he actually did stuff.

Otherwise, he was quite successful at getting a lot of the things he wanted to do done.

Diablos

Blackace said:
Push over? lawl

Blair played Bush like a fiddle..

For every 100 bad things said about the US 1 or 2 get said about Blair.. Seems like people forgot that the war would never have happened without his "intel"
tywe0.jpg

Kworn

Banned
THIS makes me feel that more and more 9/11 was setup by the American Government

Scares the shit out of me

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
So, when are they gonna hang this man?
They rightfully hanged Saddam Hussein. And I don't see the difference between the two.

norinrad

StoOgE said:
Sounds like Tony Blair is trying to remake his image with a bit of a "see, I wasn't their lap dog. I only went along with two of their wars. I put my foot down on number 3, 4 and 5!"

:lol :lol

Chinner

Banned
SmokyDave said:
Are we sure that these places are off the hook now?

I get the feeling that the middle east adventure is far from over.
they're going to invade iraq again so that they can build mini malls and mega malls.

Americans are risking loosing their empire because of many individual interests, like the one reflected through this son of a bitch. He didn't want to invade those countries to change them, he wanted to do it to get a % from the weapon sales to the US army.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Trurl said:
I'm not sure if I'm more amazed by the implied lack of concern for human life, or by the arrogance it takes to think America could succeed with a plan like that.

If the US had decided to wage Total War and not care about casualities at all- it would have been easier.

It's hard to accomplish military objectives while not killing people.

That said, I'm unsure this would have benefitted many in the US outside of defense contractors.

m3k

jesus christ...

actually its quite possible blair is working his legacy with this one a bit

its scary if only half true though

Prine

Banned
Lagspike_exe said:
Americans are risking loosing their empire because of many individual interests, like the one reflected through this son of a bitch. He didn't want to invade those countries to change them, he wanted to do it to get a % from the weapon sales to the US army.

I read that he has stakes in a few mercenary forces. And made major bucks. Through young lives of americans and innocent iraqi's.

jaxword

SmokyDave said:
Are we sure that these places are off the hook now?

I get the feeling that the middle east adventure is far from over.

Hahaha, man, we will NEVER be done with the Middle East.

That is, until fusion or some other non-oil based energy source is popularized and the fuel corporations find it profitable to switch over.

Also, Cheney wanting to invade everyone Iran and everyone else is NOT news. Condeleeza Rice talked about going to war with Iran almost 5 years ago. Do people really have that short a memory?

If this shithole of a world was the least bit fair that disgusting little weasel and Cheney would be on trial for war crimes and crimes against humanity. The fact that the weasel says anything doesn't mean shit to me. He could be lying again to promote his own interests as he always did.

I get the feeling that if Cheney had been born in a country much further east, then there would currently be some very large statues of him there, probably gold, and that the man himself would now be standing in the international court of justice saying "no, I didn't".

Zenith

Banned
Remember Cheney wanted to declare US citizens suspected of terrorism as "enemy combatants" so that he could send the army in.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
If this is true, then Cheney's even worse than I thought him to be. The man's either delusional or just insane. Or both. It's becoming more and more clear Dubya wasn't really the bad guy, he was just a dumbass Cheney, Rove and the other crooks could conveniently use to push their own agenda. Still, he'll probably go down in history as one of the worst US presidents ever.

fortified_concept said:
If this shithole of a world was the least bit fair that disgusting little weasel and Cheney would be on trial for war crimes and crimes against humanity. The fact that the weasel says anything doesn't mean shit to me. He could be lying again to promote his own interests as he always did.

How was supporting the US in a legally dubious war promoting Blair's own interests?

Cerebral Assassin said:
How was supporting the US in a legally dubious war promoting Blair's own interests?

Because he was a puppet to corporate interests and puppets always get rewarded. See the new investment bank for the rich the little weasel started for an example.

Cerebral Assassin said:
In the UK it may have been legally dubious, but not in the US. That's just the "illegal war" nonsense people made up.

What crimes, nothing illegal was done?

jorma

is now taking requests
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
In the UK it may have been legally dubious, but not in the US. That's just the "illegal war" nonsense people made up.

I'm pretty sure he is referring to international law rather than US law. Just a hunch.

I won't do this with you again. You're a nationalist blind to your country's crimes and no matter what I tell you you'll always have a pathetic excuse that you think is sufficient.

fortified_concept said:
I won't do this with you again. You're a nationalist blind to your country's crimes and no matter what I tell you you'll always have a pathetic excuse that you think is sufficient.

You're just mad RiskyChris got banned, but I'm happy to see you admit you have no proof for your point.

Wazzim

Banned
I can assure you that IF this would have happened, I would not be standing here as I am now. I would surely try to fight back with the terrorists. (bombing and stuff)
IDK how it is with you guys but we muslims kinda feel like one and if the Pentagon would have been so stupid to go on war with those countries...freaking hell would brake loose.

Not to scare you all :lol
This is just a example of reformed democracy failing, do it like the ancient Greeks did:
Smart people get to vote, dumb/misinformed people STFU.

Facts, try and use them. :lol

We've already discussed this and everyone was laughing at you in the end. If you murder someone you can't say "I don't recognize the authority of this court" to get away with a conviction because you live in a society and you're forced to live by certain rules. If USA wants to be part of the international community and enjoy the advantages that entails they have to abide by some basic rules otherwise they have to become completely isolated and live by their own.

I know you're trying your best to take the crown of the village idiot from Fio in this forum but when we've discussed a matter and everyone was laughing at you in the end you can't repeat the same broken logic again and again until people are sick of replying to you. This is not how people win arguments.

SmokyDave

Wazzim said:
I can assure you that IF this would have happened, I would not be standing here as I am now. I would surely try to fight back with the terrorists. (bombing and stuff)
IDK how it is with you guys but we muslims kinda feel like one and if the Pentagon would have been so stupid to go on war with those countries...freaking hell would brake loose.

Not to scare you all :lol
This is just a example of reformed democracy failing, do it like the ancient Greeks did:
Smart people get to vote, dumb/misinformed people STFU.
Interesting. Lots of muslims claim the absolute opposite. You might find yourself a lonely bomber :(

Dude Abides

Banned
jorma said:
I'm pretty sure he is referring to international law rather than US law. Just a hunch.

Either way, torture is a crime under US law.

Manos, didn't you just take the bar? I know international law isn't on it but the US is bound by many international treaties, the UN charter, etc.

Wazzim

Banned
Son, you'd be dead. :lol
LOL No I wouldn't be that stupid to run and explode like any other idiot.
I would become supreme leader myself, make a deal with the American gov. and resign from my post with some nice pile of public money.

SmokyDave said:
Interesting. Lots of muslims claim the absolute opposite. You might find yourself a lonely bomber :(
Well duh but hey, a man can dream of some epic apocaliptic war.

fortified_concept said:
We've already discussed this and everyone was laughing at you in the end. If you murder someone you can't say "I don't recognize the authority of this court" to get away with a conviction because you live in a society and you're forced to live by certain rules. If USA wants to be part of the international community and enjoy the advantages that entails they have to abide by some basic rules otherwise they have to become completely isolated and live by their own.

What benefits?:lol

The sovereign nation is the supreme body in international politics. The domination of other nations are what controls not international law.

We are beholden to ourselves and so are our elected officials.

Wazzim said:
LOL No I wouldn't be that stupid to run and explode like any other idiot.
I would become supreme leader myself, make a deal with the American gov. and resign from my post with some nice pile of public money.

Now that is thinking smart! I like that logic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom