• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Shred |OT| Are you one of the 3,000 people who bought this game?

V_Ben

Banned
Tony-Hawk-SHRED-Lets-Players-Go-Big.jpg

From the desk of Robert A. Kotick

Door Opens

Executive: Hey, [NOT BOBBY KOTICK]:, you know that Tony Hawk game we put out last year?

[NOT BOBBY KOTICK]: Yeah, I think so. That the one with the skateboard?

Executive: *sighs* Yeah, that's the one.

[NOT BOBBY KOTICK]: How did that one sell?

Executive: Really? It sold like crap. Turns out people don't want to buy another f*cking plastic thing to clutter their living rooms with. Go figure.

[NOT BOBBY KOTICK]: Huh, I was sure that giving the franchise to those guys over at Robomodo was a good idea. Neversoft looked bored with it anyway. How did their latest Guitar Hero game sell?

Executive: *sighs*

[NOT BOBBY KOTICK]: Oh, right. Anyway, what have you got for me today?

Executive: Well, we're working with those fine folk over at Robomodo on a new game in the franchise using that skateboard controller. We have to get that thing moving off the shelves somehow.

[NOT BOBBY KOTICK]:
Ok, what's this one called?

Executive: Tony Hawk - Shred. It's coming out October 26th on Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360. We're not going to be aiming it at fans of the franchise this time. This one is solely for kids

[NOT BOBBY KOTICK]: Good idea! If we try to sell it to people who don't know any better, then we're bound to get a couple more sales out of it. We'll even sell it at the same price as the last game!

Executive: Sure, sounds great!

[NOT BOBBY KOTICK]: Wonderful! So, what's new in this one?

Executive: Well, the team at Robomodo have been working like crazy making both the game and the controller at least more responsive, and they've gone and added Snowboarding to it!

[NOT BOBBY KOTICK]:
Does Tony Hawk even snowboard?

Executive:
Who the f*ck cares?

[NOT BOBBY KOTICK]: Point taken. Well, thanks for coming to see me. Thank the folks at Robomodo for trying to get at least some fun out of that controller, and fire several of them.

Executive: Right away sir. Can I put my pants back on?

[NOT BOBBY KOTICK]: Go ahead. Send in the next guy! [Pause] Hey there Mr. Dyack, how's that X-men game coming along...

Memo ends here

tony-hawk-shred.jpg

[Thanks for the thread title Jocchan. Thanks Activision, for running this franchise into the ground. You jerks.]

Y2Kev's Special Section;

2a7vhi9.jpg

And

2qwlxkg.png

End Section

Go about your lives.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nicely done.
The Tony Hawk Ride threads from last year were classic, I don't think I've ever seen another game get such a severe thrashing. I don't even hate the idea of using a skateboard controller, it could be fun, but at this point I'd be a fool to spend $100 (?) on something like this.

panda21

what would be really delicious, would be if they came up with a new fangled board that had a new hat and some extra button or something so the game wouldnt work with the old one. and of course it would still be completely broken and control like shit. please tell me they have done that.

NIN90

panda21 said:
what would be really delicious, would be if they came up with a new fangled board that had a new hat and some extra button or something so the game wouldnt work with the old one. and of course it would still be completely broken and control like shit. please tell me they have done that.

stacy.gif

V_Ben said:
Executive: Really? It sold like crap. Turns out people don't want to buy another f*cking plastic thing to clutter their living rooms with. Go figure.

I thought it sold pretty decent, about the same as DJ Hero or something.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just in case anyone was wondering, it looks like it'll be $100 at launch.

One hundred US dollars for that.

So Activision fired another team. Such a great company.

Just in case anyone was wondering, it looks like it'll be $100 at launch.

One hundred US dollars for that.

It's so ridiculous. My local Best Buy has dozens of Tony Hawk Ride for $40 bucks that they can't get rid of. Who's really gonna buy Shred at full price. No one that's who.

I played the first one at my sisters house. It was more entertaining than I thought it would be, actually. You just have to abandon the idea that you're going to have any real control over anything that you try to do.

panda21

Wait is this the one with the preview images where they all looked completely disinterested in proceedings, and there was the same big product placement/advert in them? That was a great thread :lol

Sean

Banned
This is one of the best OP's I've ever seen :lol

Wonder what happens to the franchise from here. It would be sad if this were the last Tony Hawk game. With Guitar Hero bombing maybe Activision will put Neversoft back on the series again.

V_Ben

Banned
panda21 said:
Wait is this the one with the preview images where they all looked completely disinterested in proceedings, and there was the same big product placement/advert in them? That was a great thread :lol

tony-hawk-shred-pic2.JPG

This post brought to you by Volcom.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sean said:
This is one of the best OP's I've ever seen :lol

Wonder what happens to the franchise from here. It would be sad if this were the last Tony Hawk game. With Guitar Hero bombing maybe Activision will put Neversoft back on the series again.

Don't count on it.

Didn't they get shut down? Or maybe I'm thinking of some one else.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Worst first post for an OT thread in the history of GAF. Congrats.

neos

OP Gives to Caesar what is Caesar's, no need of more informations.

i haven't tried the game yet.

The problem is i don't want to try the game.

I'm not done yet with skate3, so what else do i need?
not this game.

If they just went back to THPS 2 gameplay, with no stupid story, and a nice level select screen to escape sandbox shit, then I would buy. In fact, if you released DLC to give me more levels I might buy that too

So, to sum up

- THPS 2 Style
- updated Graphics
- No Sandbox
- No Story
- Level Select Screen
- Maybe Some Co-op

DO THAT KOTICK, AS YOU LIKE MONEY I HEAR? PEOPLE WILL GIVE YOU MONEY.

Gravijah

V_Ben said:
I am beyond cursing for this game. So no. Besides, I'm much too reserved for that.

it's ok

you can say it

say fuck

say godfuckin damn it all to hell fuck you bobby fuck your ass

KAP151

Why on earth would they make a sequel to a game that no-one wanted and turns out no-one bought.

Let it die already.

Top Bottom